I think in much the same way we got a Savini Jason, which is not from the films, there's no reason we couldn't get a "middle-aged" Tommy Jarvis. Post VI, with Feldman returning to the role, for this game.

• Like 1

I'm in for an alternate Tommy skin. Hell, I'd even pay a few bucks for it, since I've always liked Corey Feldman personally.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

I think in much the same way we got a Savini Jason, which is not from the films, there's no reason we couldn't get a "middle-aged" Tommy Jarvis. Post VI, with Feldman returning to the role, for this game.

THERE you go!

46 minutes ago, DEATH said:

I'm in for an alternate Tommy skin. Hell, I'd even pay a few bucks for it, since I've always liked Corey Feldman personally.

I'm in, but to be fair, a re-skin wouldn't do. It would look like they stretched Feldman's actual skin over a different body. A new model would need to be built.

• Like 1

Not worth the time or effort. Few people would care and the rest would be "Eh...instead of getting a has-been, why don't you do/fix x with the game?"

10 minutes ago, Ban_All_Music said:

Not worth the time or effort. Few people would care and the rest would be "Eh...instead of getting a has-been, why don't you do/fix x with the game?"

I think Friday the 13th fans would be into it but outside of those fans it wouldn't have much of an impact. What person associated with Friday the 13th couldn't be considered a "has-been"? One of the game's main draws is nostalgia so having folks from the actual films would always be a bonus in my eyes (except Tom McLoughlin).

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

I think Friday the 13th fans would be into it but outside of those fans it wouldn't have much of an impact. What person associated with Friday the 13th couldn't be considered a "has-been"? One of the game's main draws is nostalgia so having folks from the actual films would always be a bonus in my eyes (except Tom McLoughlin).

I agree a lot of people like Corey Feldman and his loyal fans and fans of Friday in general would totally want him added as an older Tommy.

Just now, Seeker said:

I agree a lot of people like Corey Feldman and his loyal fans and fans of Friday in general would totally want him added as an older Tommy.

Even as a new original counselor would be fine by me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Even as a new original counselor would be fine by me.

Yup same 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ultimusone01 said:

Corey was one of the best child actors ever. I thought he was great in Goonies. He was pretty good in Gremlins as well.

just some:

Friday the 13th The Final Chapter

Gremlins

Goonies

Friday the 13th A New Beginning (although brief)

Stand By Me

The Lost Boys

License to Drive

The Burbs

Dream a Little Dream

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Rock N Roll High School Forever

Meatballs 4

Bordello of Blood (guilty pleasure lol)

South Beach Academay

Lost Boys 2 and 3 also

Puppet Master vs Demonic Toys

a ton of other B and C movies that are at least entertaining.. usually.

58 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Yes. But enough to make it worth the money, time, and resources? Corey also goes off the deep end a lot. Last time I saw him, he was dressed like mid 90's Michael Jackson. Would love to call that a phase, but in the early 90's he dressed like late 80's Michael Jackson. Then there was the reality show, the loss of Haim, the Lost Boys sequels...he is a damaged brand. Outside of Friday the 13th diehards and nostalgia addicts, he doesn't mean anything to general audiences anymore. If the nostalgia addicts haven't already bought this for the F13th name, Corey Feldman isn't going to push them over the edge. On top of that, there were three incarnations of Tommy in the films. We already have one. We need to move on to new characters period, not another throwback to the same character.

2 minutes ago, Ban_All_Music said:

Yes. But enough to make it worth the money, time, and resources? Corey also goes off the deep end a lot. Last time I saw him, he was looked like mid 90's Michael Jackson. Would love to call that a phase, but in the early 90's he looked like late 80's Michael Jackson. Then there was the reality show, the loss of Haim, the Lost Boys sequels...he is a damaged brand. Outside of Friday the 13th diehards and nostalgia addicts, he doesn't mean anything to general audiences anymore. If the nostalgia addicts haven't already bought this for the F13th name, Corey Feldman isn't going to push them over the edge. On top of that, there were three incarnations of Tommy in the films. We already have one. We need to move on to new characters period, not another throwback to the same character.

He's human and everyone has ups and downs but loyal fans will support him through those.

You really going to fault him for being human? 

3 minutes ago, Ban_All_Music said:

Yes. But enough to make it worth the money, time, and resources? Corey also goes off the deep end a lot. Last time I saw him, he was looked like mid 90's Michael Jackson. Would love to call that a phase, but in the early 90's he looked like late 80's Michael Jackson. Then there was the reality show, the loss of Haim, the Lost Boys sequels...he is a damaged brand. Outside of Friday the 13th diehards and nostalgia addicts, he doesn't mean anything to general audiences anymore. If the nostalgia addicts haven't already bought this for the F13th name, Corey Feldman isn't going to push them over the edge. On top of that, there were three incarnations of Tommy in the films. We already have one. We need to move on to new characters period, not another throwback to the same character.

I do agree somewhat but his personal life is his to own and I don't have any comment or thoughts on it.

I don't see it being a huge draw to have him involved but it would draw some folks in while providing a fan service for a good portion of Friday the 13th fans.

5 minutes ago, kuebel33 said:

just some:

Friday the 13th The Final Chapter

Gremlins

Goonies

Friday the 13th A New Beginning (although brief)

Stand By Me

The Lost Boys

License to Drive

The Burbs

Dream a Little Dream

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Rock N Roll High School Forever

Meatballs 4

Bordello of Blood (guilty pleasure lol)

South Beach Academay

Lost Boys 2 and 3 also

Puppet Master vs Demonic Toys

a ton of other B and C movies that are at least entertaining.. usually.

Jesus... four Meatballs movies? I had no idea. :lol:

5 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

I do agree somewhat but his personal life is his to own and I don't have any comment or thoughts on it.

I don't see it being a huge draw to have him involved but it would draw some folks in while providing a fan service for a good portion of Friday the 13th fans.

Jesus... four Meatballs movies? I had no idea. :lol:

7 minutes ago, Seeker said:

He's human and everyone has ups and downs but loyal fans will support him through those.

You really going to fault him for being human? 

I don't care how the man acts. I am looking at this from a business perspective and character matters with the public. His narration of Crystal Lake Memories was poorly received, the man is way past his prime in a business sense. And Gun made it very clear on these forums that they are a business first. It would also take months to get a character model proper. That is a lot of work for some folks when they could have better and cheaper(for them) content. 

I never really understood how creating a character model takes time/money and lot of resources.

I have messed around with unity and unreal engine 4 (and rpg maker vx ace... not really relevant)

I built an entire map in ten minutes.

I have sculpted characters in ten minutes.

Never ever figured out how to set up the nodes to give them movement or physics.

And kinda gave up on that stuff

5 minutes ago, Ban_All_Music said:

I don't care how the man acts. I am looking at this from a business perspective and character matters with the public. His narration of Crystal Lake Memories was poorly received, the man is way past his prime in a business sense. And Gun made it very clear on these forums that they are a business first. It would also take months to get a character model proper. That is a lot of work for some folks when they could have better and cheaper(for them) content. 

I think you're under the impression I think this should be a top priority. There's so much I'd like to see before something like this but I wouldn't be bothered by him being included. It would make more sense to me personally than Fox from Part 3 right now.

I'm not with you on the business side of things. How is anyone who was involved in the game (Hodder, Savini) not past their prime in a business sense? Personally, I can only hear Donatello when he talks so I'm not concerned what others thought of his narration. I like turtles.

• Like 1

Just now, bewareofbears said:

I think you're under the impression I think this should be a top priority. There's so much I'd like to see before something like this but I wouldn't be bothered by him being included. It would make more sense to me personally than Fox from Part 3 right now.

I'm not with you on the business side of things. How is anyone who was involved in the game (Hodder, Savini) not past their prime in a business sense? Personally, I can only hear Donatello when he talks so I'm not concerned what others thought of his narration. I like turtles.

Savini and Hodder was to get F13th as well as general horror fans on board and convince them that they are going to be faithful. Mission accomplished. Then we got the longest lasting character(that isn't Jason) of the franchise in the game. And out of the three incarnations, they chose that one. It's nonsensical to put Feldman in too as any character when they have a cornucopia of cheaper people that are just as popular to choose from.

I don't think you believe it is a priority. I believe you are being you and trying to play devil's advocate because that is what you do, hahaha. I don't really think Fox deserves to be second of the film characters to be in the game either. There are so, so many to choose from. Seems the most popular choice is some variation of a mean girl. 

13 minutes ago, Ban_All_Music said:

Savini and Hodder was to get F13th as well as general horror fans on board and convince them that they are going to be faithful. Mission accomplished. Then we got the longest lasting character(that isn't Jason) of the franchise in the game. And out of the three incarnations, they chose that one. It's nonsensical to put Feldman in too as any character when they have a cornucopia of cheaper people that are just as popular to choose from.

I don't think you believe it is a priority. I believe you are being you and trying to play devil's advocate because that is what you do, hahaha. I don't really think Fox deserves to be second of the film characters to be in the game either. There are so, so many to choose from. Seems the most popular choice is some variation of a mean girl. 

Melissa, or a variation, is definitely my top choice for a new counselor.

Admittedly, I just want this while repairing vehicles in-game:

Put him in the game...

...but only if he agrees to the terms he holds "Corey's Angels" to when they sign their contracts- dudes got some issues.

On 7/25/2017 at 11:18 PM, bewareofbears said:

It was my favourite when I was a kid, I remember seeing it in theatres. Really started to appreciate the original as I got older though.

Agreed!