Mr. Blonde

Jason Part 7 NEEDS Help or Maybe a Rework?

Does Jason Part 7 Need Help?  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Does Jason Part 7 Need Help

• Yes. He could use some buffs or a rework.
    • No. He's completely fine.

He's by far the best looking one, it sucks that he doesn't match up to the others. Honestly real dumb idea to have a walking Jason with -Shift. That is the real killer

I think he just needs Morph+ and a regular Shift to fill an unused niche.

You then get a good relationship between 2, 6, 7 & 9 if you also swap 6's pointless Knife bonus for 7 traps like Part 2. Then you have:

2 & 6 are good Trappers, but suffer a mobility perk penalty.

7 & 9 are poor Trappers, but have no mobility perk downsides.

2 & 7 are good Morphers.

6 & 9 are good Shifters.

You then pick based on the question - Shift or Morph bonus? Would you like to pay for that with a penalty to you traps? Or a penalty to the other ability, but gain 2 traps?

You then have 3 & 8 as the no mobility or trap penalty/bonus Jasons, but with unique bonuses to combat and cabin breaching respectively instead.

You then have 2 options for every taste - Trappers, Morphers, Shifters, and those that want a balance instead.

7: Morpher (bad Trapper)

2 Morph Trapper (bad Shifter)

9: Shifter (bad Trapper)

6: Shift Trapper (bad Morpher)

3: Balanced Fighter

8: Balanced Breacher

I really think this would put them all largely on par, and all serving different playstyles. It completes a cycle that's already largely there, and is a pretty elegant solution IMO.

• Like 1

On 7/29/2017 at 4:03 PM, agnes said:

He's by far the best looking one, it sucks that he doesn't match up to the others. Honestly real dumb idea to have a walking Jason with -Shift. That is the real killer

I think a walking Jason with -Shift can work if he had +Morph or maybe +Weapon damage. Being weak in damage and land mobility and traps combined is the killer.

• Like 1

What about making Jason 7 a stalk trapper, or a sense trapper? 

In one you just remove his grab strength and replace it with +traps, which would make 2 trap Jasons instead of just one like there is currently. You'd swap -traps with something else, perhaps -grip? This now removes one of his major weaknesses, enhances it, and replaces it with a not so damaging weakness. He'd still have -shift which I still don't care for on a zombie Jason, but at least he'd be able to cover objectives better and not be screwed over early due to his lack of mobility. 

That still leaves him with -shift though which for a Jason that can't run I don't care for. Perhaps if 7 had Stalk as well instead of sense. 

My ideal Jason 7 would be something like:

+Water speed, Stalk, Traps

-Run, grab, morph

With this he can cover objectives with traps, he doesn't have an extremely weak shift, he can hide and sneak up on counselors, and just so people don't get upset that he has no major weakness he gets -morph. Which is kind of an alternate trapper compared to Jason 2 who gets +morph. Also this would give everyone a stalker Jason at level 7 which is far earlier than level 20 where the first stalker shows up.

If they don't want 3 stalking Jasons they could take Jason 8s stalk and swap it with some other strength because he has destruction which is already a badass skill in of itself. Does a Jason who can blast through a door in a few hits really need to be sneaky too? Seems better suited for a Jason with lack of mobility. Then you'd get Jason 9 at 31 who gets shift and stalk and fewer traps. An alternate sort of Jason to my ideal 7, where he's got great mobility and can be sneaky but has to use his mobility to ensure objectives aren't completed. 

Played one Jason match last night. It was Part 7. As soon as I got Shift I used it in Blair's Cove to try to catch up to a counselor running towards the bridge. The screen flashed black and when it came back on I was randomly in the lake. For the remainder of the match Shift did not work. I still managed to get 5/8 and three people dropped out...so I don't know how well the match would have went if those three had stayed in. This was against a lot of good players, some from this forum, and not having Shift. Part 7 isn't as bad as he is made out to be. He is just not really good at any one thing.

If you want to try HARD mode. Play 7 and don't use Shift...hell pick any walking Jason and don't use Shift. It sure places new emphasis on making smart use of Morph and Stalk.

1 hour ago, VenomSymbiote said:

What about making Jason 7 a stalk trapper, or a sense trapper?

I have a different train of thought. In the Beta Part 7 had -Stun Resistance, which they replaced with -Traps. If they swap that back so he ha 5 traps, that improves his map control ability greatly. I'd be ok with that one change, but if you want to go one further, check this: replace Grip Strength with +Fear: Counselors are more afraid of Part 7. He's showing his skeleton after all. This combined with his +Sense strength would mean that it would be a lot harder to hide from him.

But I wouldn't go that route. I'm working on an idea to give all Jasons 4 strengths & weaknesses. More details at a later date ;)

+Fear is genuinely an excellent idea. It's an existing Jason mechanic (the only one) that none have modifiers for, and would make a great, unique playstyle for him.

As I said above, I think he should be a Morpher with bad traps to complete a cycle, but I would definitely incorporate Fear into this build. My Part 7 would be:

+Morph

+Fear

+Sense

-Can't Run

-Stalk

-Traps

Sense and Fear compliment each other really well. Having poor Stalk isn't a huge deal as you want to be scaring people, not sneaking up on them, and he needs a minus cooldown ability to balance his two plus cooldowns.

It'd make him a really cool 'slasher' archetype. Regularly appearing out of nowhere anywhere on the map with Morph, and sending everyone into a blind panic.

2 hours ago, ZooMalfunction said:

As I said above, I think he should be a Morpher with bad traps to complete a cycle, but I would definitely incorporate Fear into this build. My Part 7 would be:

Nah, man! Part 8 should be the Morpher! That's where he "morphed" the most! And Jason got knocked over by gently floating household objects lol. I also believe there should be one "walking" Jason with a shift weakness. It can work with the right build. But we all have our opinions. Side note, my new topic is live.;)

If anything, let Jason 7 knock down doors in two hits.  That will make up for a good deal of his weaknesses.

10 hours ago, Deeify said:

If anything, let Jason 7 knock down doors in two hits.  That will make up for a good deal of his weaknesses.

No that's way too OP. He should bust down doors quicker than any other Jason? Doesn't seem fair...if anything bump him to three or four hits, but definitely not two. No Jason should be taking down a door in one or two hits unless they have Rage.

I believe part 7 already has the fastest door breaking animation. Just below Savini who is only faster due to his destruction strength.

However I'm not against part 7 getting the destruction ability of 3 hits in place of Grip strength, as that would give him a good boost, and right now non-savini backers only have one Jason with the destruction ability 

I think one very good step would be to swap his traps for Savinis.  
Take away one of his other weaknesses and give Savini fewer traps, weakening his map control a bit.  Give 7 at least the 5 traps a standard Jason has.  
I think 7 could actually stand to have a better strength, in addition to losing negative traps, but it would be a start, and would give Savini Jason something resembling an actual weakness. ;)

Decided to clarify a bit, before the knives come out.  I don't want to take anything away from Savini that makes him unique or terrific.  I think switching his Shift for Part 7s would be interesting, but I'm not seriously suggesting it here.  Let him keep Destruction absolutely, fix his Weapon Damage if it is in fact broken.  Let him have his +Shift if you like.  But giving him 3 traps would force you to make some interesting, strategic decisions with him.  It would force you to keep a little bit closer eye on the objectives, and return to them more frequently, tether you to them a bit.  I think that would be an interesting change for him - especially since 7 is forced to do all of that right now, and without any of Savini's strengths.

I do think Seven could use one other minor buff to something, but giving him a respectable number of traps would help the poor guy out a lot.

On 7/26/2017 at 0:33 PM, Mr. Blonde said:

Well how about if you despise rank mode that much you just... I dont know... Don't play it and stick to playing your other modes like random solo queue? 

If you can't handle competitive gaming and the competitive nature of other players trying to win because you have a job or are married with kids (woah living the american dream, buddy) then stay away from it because it's obviously too much for you to handle.

Stop trying to get the game to have less modes and features because you're bitter about others having fun and enjoying it.

This goes for @Manny1985 you as well

What's the point in attacking people having a wife in kids? To counter that, is the American dream to be on games 24/7 and care only about one's ego? See how that works? More modes are great and all and yes you could choose to partake or not, but attacking family over a game is childish and downright an asshat thing to do. Especially over something as significant as difference of opinion.

On 7/26/2017 at 0:51 PM, NthnButAGoodTime said:

[long measured breath]

Ok, kid. You almost got this out of your system? Your thread is about whether or not Jason 7 needed an update. A few of us didn't think so. This has no bearing on your quality of life.

You've introduced ranking into this. I can take or leave ranking. It's almost as important to me as who had the best breakfast this morning (it was me. I made miniature buttermilk biscuits). This has no bearing on my quality of life.

This is a discussion about a vijimo game that the kids play on their nintendobox.The anger is unnecessary. The tone is immature, at best. You put down your sword. I'll put down my pool noodle. We can agree that sometimes people don't see things the same way and that Kane Hodder still loves all the same.

If i had anymore likes all 10 would go to this.

On 8/16/2017 at 10:37 PM, Deeify said:

IF they swapped his +Grip Strength for +Destruction, he would be crazy good. He'd knock down doors in 3 hits, but still get in faster than SJ or Part 8 because of weapon speed. He doesn't really need anything else to be great. A lot of people are advocating traps and shift buffs, but the reality is, they really aren't needed. If he could get through doors faster than any other Jason with his preternatural super-hearing to find them 3/4 of the way across the map....he'd be a Juggernaut.

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, pioneer67fkd said:

they should make shift a strength for part 7 and remove grip strength its useless 

Shift is already a strength for 3 Jasons. We don't need any more or else most of the Jasons will play too similar and thus the gameplay will be stale.

@Alkavian Part 8 is already annoying enough with 5 traps and +Destruction. The one most needed change to part 7 in my opinion is swap -Traps with -Stun Resistance like the Beta. Going one step further I would replace grip strength with +Fear, or revamp them all to have 4 + & - to make them even more different from each other.

5 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Shift is already a strength for 3 Jasons. We don't need any more or else most of the Jasons will play too similar and thus the gameplay will be stale.

@Alkavian Part 8 is already annoying enough with 5 traps and +Destruction. The one most needed change to part 7 in my opinion is swap -Traps with -Stun Resistance like the Beta. Going one step further I would replace grip strength with +Fear, or revamp them all to have 4 + & - to make them even more different from each other.

ok i guessing savini jason has shift + to because out of unlockable jasons only part 6 and 9 have it as strengths

16 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

There are lots of views on how to improve him. Fear would definitely be an interesting strength that would set him apart. Part 7 suffers from being too middle of the road. He isn't clearly good at any one thing. A unique Fear bonus would be cool.

11 minutes ago, pioneer67fkd said:

ok i guessing savini jason has shift + to because out of unlockable jasons only part 6 and 9 have it as strengths

That is correct. They should ensure that no strength or weakness is on more than a few Jasons if they're sticking with 3 pros and cons.

Just now, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

That is correct. They should ensure that no strength or weakness is on more than a few Jasons if they're sticking with 3 pros and cons.

but most people don't have savini jason but its just an idea they definitely need work on part 7