Mr. Blonde

Jason Part 7 NEEDS Help or Maybe a Rework?

Does Jason Part 7 Need Help?  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Does Jason Part 7 Need Help

• Yes. He could use some buffs or a rework.
    • No. He's completely fine.

So this idea is from @REO thread [url=http://forum.f13game.com/index.php?/topic/6952-suggestions-for-developers-living-list/]here[/url] and took the idea from his thread because I think Jason Part 7 topic is worth it's own discussion so all credit to him.

Do you guys feel Jason Part 7 needs a redesign in some way with his skills? To me he's the coolest Jason but he's so terrible and not worth picking... F13 game having a version of Jason that is underpowered or weak should definitely be a big NO and needs to be fixed since this game is all about Jason being a huge threat. How can they make Jason Part 7 worth using but remaining unique and not copy pasta from other Jasons?

SO let's get into his weaknesses first....

1.) His traps suck and he only gets 3 which is a BIG weakness for controlling objectives

2.) He's slow and can't run. He also has a crappy shift speed and cooldown which makes chasing down counselors even more hell for him... Up against Vanessa? might as well put the controller down...

3.) His attack range is crap and he's very easy to kite and bully

Now his pros...

1.) Good sense so he can use it more but it's not a big deal since almost every Jason can toggle and use sense well.

2.) Good water speed... Umm mainly useless so who cares? Only really helps with boat chase and that's it.

3.) Good grip... again who cares? If you catch counselor with no pocket knife they will be dead anyway so this is completely useless in the grand scheme of things....

With all those weaknesses and terrible pros WHY would anyone ever want to pick this Jason if they want to win over the other Jason's except for the "cool" factor?  <--- Which is why this is the BIG PROBLEM. Also if counselor ever get car started with you vs Part 7 Jason LOL good luck trying to catch the char with your super slow Jason.

So what can we do to help and make Jason Part 7 worth picking?

Here is @REO ideas for reworking Jason Part 7 from this thread:

On 6/12/2017 at 3:33 PM, REO said:

JASON PART 7:

• "Grip Strength" ability in Strengths now removed.
  • New strength ability now added called "Tank".
  • Tank - Allows Jason to block additional things during combat stance such as bear traps, flare guns, and firecrackers to avoid being stunned. Additionally, being stunned by a shotgun while blocking is active will reduce the stun time by 50%.
  • "Water Speed" ability in Strengths now removed.
  • New strength ability now added called "Compact Flesh".
  • Compact Flesh - All weapons that hit or are blocked by Jason have double break rate, effectively halving their overall durability.

My ideas for Jason Part 7 are change his strong grip to make it so once he grabs a counselor another counselor can't hit him and make him drop the person he got since it's so hard for him to grab someone. This would make his skill worth picking and different from other Jasons.

So who's all with me that Jason Part 7 needs some help and what would you give him?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cruehitman said:

Another small help for him... possibly have his RAGE mode trigger quicker then other Jason's???

Yes please honestly anything would help him and he really needs something... I don't get why he's so weak and his powers have so much cooldown anyway when he's literally just been reincarnated and is super powered up...

• Like 1

Be ready for GrandMasterGlitch to come along and say he gets 7/7 and 8/8 with Jason 7 allday long.

• Like 4

By having his RAGE mode trigger faster, he'd still be hampered early on, but once it triggers, all his cool downs reduce! So this could be a big help. It would just need to be tested on how much sooner it should trigger without tipping the scales too much! 

5 minutes ago, RAGEVIRUS said:

Be ready for GrandMasterGlitch to come along and say he gets 7/7 and 8/8 with Jason 7 allday long.

Um I don't see how that guy winning a match in a public queue with randoms means Jason Part 7 is all of a sudden fine and perfectly designed lol. Anyone can win with almost anything in public games with randoms depending on luck of the draw... there's so many factors and variables like people being brand new to the game, people without mics, people team killing etc etc that can affect that game he won with Part 7 lol

I don't see how people can deny Jason Part 7 being the weakest one by far and that he's not as good as the other Jason's at all... You have to be either naive or inexperienced with all the Jasons to think other wise....

4 minutes ago, Mr. Blonde said:

Um I don't see how that guy winning a match in a public queue with randoms means Jason Part 7 is all of a sudden fine and perfectly designed lol. Anyone can win with almost anything in public games with randoms depending on luck of the draw... there's so many factors and variables like people being brand new to the game, people without mics, people team killing etc etc that can affect that game he won with Part 7 lol

I don't see how people can deny Jason Part 7 being the weakest one by far and that he's not as good as the other Jason's at all... You have to be either naive or inexperienced with all the Jasons to think other wise....

Oh I quite agree. He won't agree though . He'll be lying, but he will say it. It will not be 1 game, it'll be every game.

• Like 1

I already posted this in another thread, but my idea was to give him the weed whacker / grass trimmer that he actually uses in Part VII. Huge range and damage would make him a real force once he actually catches up to you. With that weapon, it would make up for his awful stats and he wouldn't lag as far behind because of the weapon range itself. 

I'd just love to see it in game, personally. Not saying grip strength isn't meaningless though, and it would be nice to see it replaced globally for all Jasons with a stat that does something instead.

I guess I'm the only one who think part 7 is fine the way he is....  I will admit he is not the easiest to use right out the gate, and is really hard to use if you are  inexperienced playing as Jason.   However, the last 2 times I have used him I have had no troubles killing every counselor in the match. I will say breaking down doors is his biggest weakness, but they can't all be winners, right?  I'm not saying I would oppose a change, but just wouldn't find a change necessary. I would say he is a good Jason to use if you want a challenge.

3 minutes ago, ColdArmy13 said:

As far as the tank strength with the combat stance.. can't every Jason do tha already?

Yes but thats a bug right now that devs will remove so only Part 7 should be able to keep it to make him unique and have it as one of his skills

29 minutes ago, ryanmc564 said:

I guess I'm the only one who think part 7 is fine the way he is....  I will admit he is not the easiest to use right out the gate, and is really hard to use if you are  inexperienced playing as Jason.   However, the last 2 times I have used him I have had no troubles killing every counselor in the match. I will say breaking down doors is his biggest weakness, but they can't all be winners, right?  I'm not saying I would oppose a change, but just wouldn't find a change necessary. I would say he is a good Jason to use if you want a challenge.

But Part 7 isn't fine the way he is. And there's nothing "hard" to use about him, his skills overall just suck. It's not a difficult execution thing, his abilities are just weaker. And I bet the only reason you kill all 7 counselors each time as Part 7 is because you're playing against a team of newbs or people that aren't playing together and coordinated in random public solo queue search

10 minutes ago, 7theye said:

hes a beast in the right hands

No he's not. Stop upplaying him

Traps should be removed as a weakness from the game. Give Part 7 and 9 different weaknesses.  What I am wondering is who thought it was a good idea to give a non-running Jason a weaker Shift? If anything give him a stronger Shift. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ryanmc564 said:

Breaking down doors is not his biggest weakness. It's not something I would even count as a factor. His weaknesses are lack of mobility and lack of map control, due to -Shift and -Traps. He is a challenge, no doubt, and that's something I even liked about him at first. But in practice you just open yourself up to a world of pain against good players (and there are many now). There is no incentive other than aesthetic to choose him over other Jasons. It's actually ironic that he has +Sense, as he has a better chance at finding you but difficulty catching you when he does. 

18 minutes ago, 7theye said:

hes a beast in the right hands

How so? How is he more of a beast than any other Jason? None of his stats have any real benefit. Tell me how +Grip Strength (useless), +Water Speed (conditional) and +Sense (unnecessary) make him this beast you speak of. If you don't have a pocket knife you're dead. The boat doesn't always spawn. Sense doesn't need to be kept active so doesn't require a full cooldown. I think what you meant to say was "he's a beast against inexperienced players."

20 minutes ago, Mr. Blonde said:

But Part 7 isn't fine the way he is. And there's nothing "hard" to use about him, his skills overall just suck. It's not a difficult execution thing, his abilities are just weaker. And I bet the only reason you kill all 7 counselors each time as Part 7 is because you're playing against a team of newbs or people that aren't playing together and coordinated in random public solo queue search

No, quite the opposite, the last match went down to the last couple of minutes (but yes it was public matches).Trust me I have always thought he was the weaker of all Jason's and avoided using him for a long time because of so. but now being way more experienced as playing Jason, and picked him to get the dismemberment achievement and wound up playing him twice on sunday and had good success, although I was betting that  I wasn't going to do that great, but he didn't seem as weak as I remember, he has a good walking pace to him.    With the amount of people I see using part 2 and 3 skins,(a ridiculous amount)  its not surprising nobody wants to use him, because he can't run. Do you guy ever use Jason stalk ability? because something tells me you don't, if this Jason need to be re-buffed. All I did was look for people pinging, activated my stalk and morph to their direction and ended up catching enough people off guard to well make up for his "weaker abilities"  

Of course he's a beast! I love the way he looks too, and love playing as him at times... but having said that, he's at the bottom of the BEAST totem pole by far. He's what I would consider INSANE difficulty mode in other games after you've beaten the game once. lol... All Jason's are beasts... unfortunately, his version of it is weak and needs tweaking! 

I said this in a different thread, but I'll say it again here. To me, all he really needs is an extra trap, and faster shift. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any Jason that can't catch up to even the fastest counselors when using shift, except one. That of course being J7. And if you're going to try and chase the car down with it, forget it. Not happening. It's just too slow. It's a shame because for me, J7 is the quintessential Jason, as far as his appearance goes. And let's not forget, it was Kane Hodder's first portrayal as the character. Yes, you can kill everyone with him, but more times than not, you won't do that.

4 minutes ago, ryanmc564 said:

No, quite the opposite, the last match went down to the last couple of minutes (but yes it was public matches).Trust me I have always thought he was the weaker of all Jason's and avoided using him for a long time because of so. but now being way more experienced as playing Jason, and picked him to get the dismemberment achievement and wound up playing him twice on sunday and had good success, although I was betting that  I wasn't going to do that great, but he didn't seem as weak as I remember, he has a good walking pace to him.    With the amount of people I see using part 2 and 3 skins,(a ridiculous amount)  its not surprising nobody wants to use him, because he can't run. Do you guy ever use Jason stalk ability? because something tells me you don't, if this Jason need to be re-buffed. All I did was look for people pinging, activated my stalk and morph to their direction and ended up catching enough people off guard to well make up for his "weaker abilities"  

Running has little to do with it. Part 2 is a popular choice because he is fierce in the right hands. He can morph to wherever you are faster than any other Jason and has a ridiculous amount of traps to stop any objective from moving. J7 has one advantage providing the boat spawns, but with J2 you're likely to not even get on the boat. 

Of course I use Stalk, and I agree it's the way to play J7. But fact is, that's not even his advantage. You would be better off just using Part 9 for this tactic, who is a great Jason and actually has +Stalk, with no -Sense stat. In case you need to chase them down, well he has +Shift too. J6 is another great one, +Sense like J7 but with +Shift and +Knives, a fantastic combo.  

So in comparison, J7 is not just a bit disadvantaged, he is crippled.

11 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Running has little to do with it. Part 2 is a popular choice because he is fierce in the right hands. He can morph to wherever you are faster than any other Jason and has a ridiculous amount of traps to stop any objective from moving. J7 has one advantage providing the boat spawns, but with J2 you're likely to not even get on the boat. 

Of course I use Stalk, and I agree it's the way to play J7. But fact is, that's not even his advantage. You would be better off just using Part 9 for this tactic, who is a great Jason and actually has +Stalk, with no -Sense stat. In case you need to chase them down, well he has +Shift too. J6 is another great one, +Sense like J7 but with +Shift and +Knives, a fantastic combo.  

So in comparison, J7 is not just a bit disadvantaged, he is crippled.

well, to be fair part 7 did spend a good deal of time under water so he should be a little water logged..  but for the record, I do believe all Jason's should be customizable when it comes to perks and weapons like the counselors, the only thing I would keep the same is their walk and running ability. However, I mainly have my Jason's set to random  anyway because its doesn't matter to me which one I use, I play to have fun, I don't care if people escape or knock me around a little bit, but the my least favorite Jason's are part 2 and part 3 and Savini (I know, I know, how could I?) the other ones just look cooler, and I hate the hell's trident Savini's carries.  

RT 7:

• Tank - Allows Jason to block additional things during combat stance such as bear traps, flare guns, and firecrackers to avoid being stunned. Additionally, being stunned by a shotgun while blocking is active will reduce the stun time by 50%.

I'm confused- you can already do this in game with all the Jason's...are you on PC, OP and this is not possible via updates??

2 minutes ago, Ker Juice said:

RT 7:

• Tank - Allows Jason to block additional things during combat stance such as bear traps, flare guns, and firecrackers to avoid being stunned. Additionally, being stunned by a shotgun while blocking is active will reduce the stun time by 50%.

I'm confused- you can already do this in game with all the Jason's...are you on PC, OP and this is not possible via updates??

That's a bug and being removed stated by the Devs so it's not going to be there next update but it would be cool if Jason Part 7 keeps it since he needs it and it makes him different...