ZooMalfunction

Second shotgun on Higgins Haven

While everyone seems to sprint for the shotgun on most maps as soon as they spawn, this one is always there when I want it, leading me to believe it's barely known about. So I thought i'd share Its location.

If Jason's shack spawns on the island, then there'll always be a shotgun on the table by the shack-replacing campsite below the graveyard.

I'm not sure if this behavior is mirrored if the shacks are the other way around, or if shack-replacement camps on other maps carry shotguns (I haven't noticed on the rare trips there, but haven't specifically checked either) but this one is always there.

Also, I play on PS4 if that matters.

Yup. It's been like this since the Beta. It's on PC too.

No other locations have them from what I've seen on the other maps. Seems to be only that table at the Northwest campfire on Higgins.

16 minutes ago, weirdkid5 said:

Yup. It's been like this since the Beta. It's on PC too.

No other locations have them from what I've seen on the other maps. Seems to be only that table at the Northwest campfire on Higgins.

I think that's fair, seeing as the island spawn is virtually suicide if you want the sweater. Having a free shotgun to compensate is a nice bit of balance.

I've found the shotgun spawns in one of 3 places on Higgin's Haven:

1. Inside Higgin's House, downstairs in the middle room, on the shelf to the left of the door when you enter
  2. Inside the barn, on a box/hay bail at the very back in the middle
  3. On a table near a camp fire (slightly north of Blair's Cove) if Jason's shack spawns on the island

Not sure if it spawns on the island if his shack appears near Blair's though :)

22 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

1. Inside Higgin's House, downstairs in the middle room, on the shelf to the left of the door when you enter
  3. On a table near a camp fire (slightly north of Blair's Cove) if Jason's shack spawns on the island

Did not know of the 3rd one ive always found it in higgins house or the barn though

2 hours ago, Kodiak said:

You missed 2 other spots one in Higgins right next to the fireplace and upstairs to the very right once you get upstairs it’s in the corner by the window 

8 hours ago, ZooMalfunction said:

While everyone seems to sprint for the shotgun on most maps as soon as they spawn, this one is always there when I want it, leading me to believe it's barely known about. So I thought i'd share Its location.

If Jason's shack spawns on the island, then there'll always be a shotgun on the table by the shack-replacing campsite below the graveyard.

I'm not sure if this behavior is mirrored if the shacks are the other way around, or if shack-replacement camps on other maps carry shotguns (I haven't noticed on the rare trips there, but haven't specifically checked either) but this one is always there.

Also, I play on PS4 if that matters.

Not always 

39 minutes ago, Moe9999633 said:

Not always 

"Always there when I want it"

Not saying it's a guaranteed spawn. I haven't researched it enough to guarantee. Only that it's always been there when I went, which of course could have just been a lucky series of RNG rolls.

2 hours ago, ZooMalfunction said:

"Always there when I want it"

Not saying it's a guaranteed spawn. I haven't researched it enough to guarantee. Only that it's always been there when I went, which of course could have just been a lucky series of RNG rolls.

Yeah it isn't always there. But most of the time for me it is.