weirdkid5

Illfonic Is Already Working On Another Game

2 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Yeah he's been attacking people left and right. 

Yup quite sad 

12 hours ago, Brigadius said:

To be honest a company like Illfonic would have to have more than one client to maintain itself.  I've done some research and there isn't much to find on the inner workings of the company. Usually I see between 11-50 employees listed on multiple sites that provide company profiles but I did find one profile that gave a solid number of 40 employees. I also found an article by a guy going by tentonhammer who visited Illfonic and said he was surprised by how many people actually work there and went on to say they have tons of workstations all over the place. 

If gun was their sole client Illfonic would be out of business. Think about it like this. This game is $40 and it sold X number of units. While I don't know sales figures let's just say 100,000 across all platforms. I think that number is more than generous for this game.  So that's $40 * 100000 = $4,000,000. Assuming that money is going  back into development it would have to pay for all salaries of Gun employees, lawyers, PR, and the Illfonic employees working on the game. If gun was Illfonics sole client it wouldn't be able to sustain 40 employees for even a year and that's if gun poured every cent into Illfonic. Not to mention that a portion of the profits right off the top goes to the executive producers that helped fund the project. 

Illfonic isn't a heavy hitter in the game industry. Sometimes they just create pieces of the game that gets integrated into the larger project. They are not activision or any number of large game companies that have whole divisions that are solely devoted to one game. It's just not possible for them to have one client at a time. 

Plus you can't really have more than one person fixing the same problem. Multiple people can diagnose and find the problem and they can discuss ways to fix it but it's an individual that will fix one problem. Would be counterproductive to have more than one working same issue. You know, conflicting work. I would say they probably have between 5-10 people working on finding and fixing issues. That's about 3 people per platform. This is an assumption but I think it's fairly well reasoned. 

As far as Xbox goes they could just have less experienced employees when it comes to Xbox which would explain why it has so many issues and why it's taking so long to fix. 

I think that this is being handled poorly but I can see what they are having deal with too. Honestly, Gun should throw more money and support behind Xbox development for the time being and hire an extra and more experienced programmer if that's what it takes to get it done. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Seeker said:

Yup quite sad 

Not sure if it's a temp or perma ban, but if it's a temp i'm sure he'll make a post in off topic saying he's back. Like last time <_<

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

I've always wondered if they actually were a small development team or just wanted to trick people into funding the game so they didn't have to.

My suspicion came when I questioned how a small development team even managed to get the rights to use Jason.

3 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Not sure if it's a temp or perma ban, but if it's a temp i'm sure he'll make a post in off topic saying he's back. Like last time <_<

If it's a temp I'm gonna go in the corner and ask the God of light why he's doing this to me. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Seeker said:

I've always wondered if they actually were a small development team or just wanted to trick people into funding the game so they didn't have to.

My suspicion came when I questioned how a small development team even managed to get the rights to use Jason.

If you think about it though you wouldn't need a large team for this game. It has one mode, limited assets, and the simplest of networking features. The isn't WoW with endless sprawling environments, asset counts of the charts, and networking that requires hundreds of simultaneous connections and interactions. 

3 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

If you think about it though you wouldn't need a large team for this game. It has one mode, limited assets, and the simplest of networking features. The isn't WoW with endless sprawling environments, asset counts of the charts, and networking that requires hundreds of simultaneous connections and interactions. 

Idk though, its got extremely good graphics for a small team but you might be right.

Edit- I meant that for the Jason's.

The steam reviews do not fill me with hope. If anything, it's awfully familiar. 

-"It WAS a great game, developers completely stopped supporting it and now its just absolutely dead... I did love how the game worked though, good difficulty bots in bot training, a great sound track, good quality however it gets boring when the game is a ghost town"

-"This arena shooter is so much fun and looks delicious.
Sadly the developers dropped support for it and it wasn't playable online for a long time.

Now the game got re-released in the Steam Store and the player base is gone.
Seriously, either no soul is online or the servers are not reachable.

I sadly can't recommend this game, because the developers are obviously not capable of maintaining it properly.
I'd like more people to own this, so the player base grows, but first there should be functioning servers...

Developers, fix your♥♥♥♥♥♥ Thanks."

-"It's a gorgeous game, with amazing, fast-paced gameplay, but... The devs abandoned the game, and all the players left with them. It's just a ghost town now."

-"go away, we got trolled here"

Little scurry.

2 hours ago, Vaderspupil said:

There's never going to be a shortage of doomsayers predicting the death of a popular game.  I see it all the time.

Are you an Illfonic employee? Popular game? Bro, this game is less than 3 months old and has barely 3k players on PC. DbD at this same point had TRIPLE and more the amount.

This game is dying, and you people that deny this are gonna kill it faster.

4 minutes ago, weirdkid5 said:

Are you an Illfonic employee? Popular game? Bro, this game is less than 3 months old and has barely 3k players on PC. DbD at this same point had TRIPLE and more the amount.

lol...this kid...

8 minutes ago, weirdkid5 said:

its funny how people keep saying this game is dying, but yet I played the game for 4 hours yesterday and had full lobbies for damn near every game, and have had no problem finding full lobbies ever since release.  

3 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

lol...this kid...

Is he.... weird?

9 minutes ago, weirdkid5 said:

I stopped playing a few weeks ago but tbh I was only ever really interested in singleplayer anyway but yeah I can understand why poeple wouldn't play considering the amount of toxic team killers.

2 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Credit to @bewareofbears for the original post. But I thought i'd post it here as well.

That is me and i took the info from the steam forum which was littered with it.

8 minutes ago, Pappus said:

That is me and i took the info from the steam forum which was littered with it.

Ah nice to know. I saw bears link it in the reddit thread. Had I known it was you I would have tagged you as well.

33 minutes ago, weirdkid5 said:

https://gamerant.com/friday-the-13th-game-digital-ps4-game-sales-june-2017/

Sigh! I'm just a regular dude enjoying playing a really fun game and meeting good people from all over the world as I do so.  It was the top selling game in the month of June for the PS4 despite all the problems and negative reviews.  That's just from digital sales.  When the hard copy editions are released, as well as single player mode and new content, that should do even better. On the contrary people like me help the game with loyalty and good word of mouth while doomsayers like you do their damnedest to try to kill it just to prove their predictions right!  If I had known I was going to be able to play this game sooner, I probably would have coutributed what I could as a backer. Good for DbD!  I don't give a crap about them.  I don't want any part of them, I like this game.  If DbD is so great, why don't you go join the herd and leave those of us who want to enjoy this game in peace!:rolleyes:

illfonic is a bigger company this dead alliance game is a diffrent partnership but i feel i just feel Gun media will bring this game back remember its gun media that actually got the rights so i believe next patch will be a full out fix

2 hours ago, Seeker said:

You guys know if campkill got banned again?

He's just a troll who likes getting reactions and fighting. Just ignore him and don't engage in fights with him. 

He just thinks hes cool bc he streams and has a following 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 7theye said:

He's just a troll who likes getting reactions and fighting. Just ignore him and don't engage in fights with him. 

He just thinks hes cool bc he streams and has a following 

I stream and have a small following and I don't act like that. I just think he's lonely. Maybe if we have a small party with pizza and some games I'm sure he'll be a lot happier. 

4 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

I stream and have a small following and I don't act like that. I just think he's lonely. Maybe if we have a small party with pizza and some games I'm sure he'll be a lot happier. 

I'll still pass. Seems like a lost cause.

But we should get back on topic. We're not even allowed to mention he who shall not be named because of a ban. 

There's legends you can summon him, but that's all.

• Like 6

Illfonic isn't even the primary developer for the game, Maximum Games is.

Really, dudes...get outside. Cabin fever has clearly set in for many of you.

I understand the frustration due to the lack of communication from the devs, but this forum really IS turning toxic. The biggest reason for that being that you guys are now LOOKING for things to bitch about. It's pathetic, honestly. You all (those who jump on these bandwagons) clearly lack any in-depth knowledge of game development. 

If you think this is even remotely a problem and think it means F13 won't receive any more support, just see yourself out. There's no need for that sort of ignorance around here. This community is generally more knowledgeable than that.

I'll reiterate what I've been saying all week: The game will have been out for 2 MONTHS on Wednesday of this week. Despite opinions to the contrary, Gun/Illfonic have already provided a great amount of support for the game thus far. In fact, they've set the bar quite high for themselves in that department...Because games like Battlefield have gone 3-4 months without SORELY NEEDED fixes while the devs were in a period of "down time" while they plan and execute the next big move. And these are AAA devs. That's EXACTLY where Gun is at this point.

Devs COMMONLY need to re-coup and plan for bigger updates. That's what is happening now. Yes, the silence in painful. But it's part of game development. Learn to deal with it without jumping to (silly) conclusions.

The only issue that I think is inexcusable at this point is the state of the Xbox version. But I can also understand why they would hold back this current patch if they're planning the next patch within a week or two after that. They'd end up in the same position they're in now, with Xbox always one update behind.

These kinds of threads - ones jumping down the throats of the devs for any move they make in the meantime - isn't gonna help open up the lines of communication, either. A simple google search for the game in question shows that Illfonic isn't the primary dev, so stop reaching.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

I'll still pass. Seems like a lost cause.

But we should get back on topic. We're not even allowed to mention he who shall not be named because of a ban. 

There's legends you can summon him, but that's all.

I thought we were talking about Keemstar?

2 hours ago, westwarren said:

i like how players give crap to big companies when they take some time to patch things up. now that we know this.... is being a small indie company an excuse?

HALO MCC took about a month to get right and still received so much criticism, we are at 2-3 months following the release of f13 the game and we still waiting for answers

I'm sure they will deliver, it's just taking longer than expected.

is the "small company an excuse " anymore? Sure at least with the funding they have, so they have to hire less developers. Meaning it's a small team on F13. 

With the success of F13 hopefully things will get better.

a lot of people think that this other game. Which is being distributed by another company is taking away illfonics time to be working on F13th. 

We have no proof of that, and it's more than likely illfonic has hired other freelance developers and programmers to work on Dead Rising. While another (small team within illfonic) is doing continuous work on F13.