Sign in to follow this  
JTDestroyer5900

Should councillors hitting bear traps give "traitor" penalty?

So, playing in Higgins, spawn near barn. I search it, and do what I always do, place the 3 traps like a minefield near the entrance. I leave, find other players, a pair escape with the 2 seater, and about a minute later, bullying pt. 9 in the lodge( got his mask lol) and I get "traitor -1000xp" and hear the trap go off. Now, the lights were on in the barn(before I was chased into the house that is) and Jason never went for any generators. Clearly this player would see the traps, yet I get penalized for their inattentiveness? I feel like this is kinda stupid, but I would like to hear others thoughts on this.

• Like 1

No, but it hardly matters because the devs couldn't find their own asses with both hands and a map. If fixing the game isn't on the menu, how could we expect improving it to occur during its lifetime?

I would go ahead and say the bear trap "betrayal" is the most ridiculous thing in this game.

• Like 2

Laying traps in the barn is dangerous to other counselors.  If you are being chased by Jason and need to hide in the barn, you don't always have time to look and see if there are traps at the entrance.  At least in the cabins they are protected(at least up entering) by the trap being behind a locked door.

Definitely not, because you're not actually betraying anyone.  An accident is an accident.  Although, would you get "suicide" of you step in your own?

3 minutes ago, Deeify said:

Definitely not, because you're not actually betraying anyone.  An accident is an accident.  Although, would you get "suicide" of you step in your own?

Yes you do. Found that out the hard way.

• Like 1

Yes.

If you're irresponsible with where you place your traps, you deserve a penalty.

If this keeps happening to you, maybe consider the issue is with you, and not other players.

I'm level 80, and have never killed another counselor with a bear trap.

16 minutes ago, ZooMalfunction said:

Yes.

If this keeps happening to you, maybe consider the issue is with you, and not other players.

What system do you play on we should play together so I can watch you set a trap and step on it so it can kill me so you can lose 1K XP

so it doesn’t matter where you place them people will let it kill them so they can troll people 

The fault lies with the player who ran over the trap

shouldn't be penalized

9 hours ago, ZooMalfunction said:

Yes.

So it's my fault if someone intentionally steps into the bear trap, or is completely oblivious to popular trap locations?

Nah. Just open your eyes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, weirdkid5 said:

So it's my fault if someone intentionally steps into the bear trap, or is completely oblivious to popular trap locations?

Nah. Just open your eyes.

It’s the fault of the person who walks on it

On July 24, 2017 at 11:20 AM, lHeartBreakerl said:

No, they shouldn't. You'll find the best results if you make a poll btw.

Next question.

On July 24, 2017 at 11:25 AM, weirdkid5 said:

This definitely shouldn't be a thing. 

On July 24, 2017 at 11:54 AM, I Hate Spectate said:

No, it shouldn't since it takes action on their part to do it, it should be considered suicide.

On July 24, 2017 at 1:12 PM, Dr. Lecter said:

No, but it hardly matters because the devs couldn't find their own asses with both hands and a map. If fixing the game isn't on the menu, how could we expect improving it to occur during its lifetime?

On July 24, 2017 at 4:57 PM, Deeify said:

On July 24, 2017 at 5:00 PM, matisangry said:

no way, but it's not likely to change. it definitely makes me think twice about setting traps. 

12 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Absolutely not.

7 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

No it shouldn't be a traitor issue.

To summarize: No.

• Like 2

You step in my bear trap an ill shoot you with this shotgun ive got on my back.

Ill earn that -1000 on my own thanks lol

• Like 1

I can't see why bear traps should carry a penalty if a team member gets killed by one.

They are there to immobilise Jason, it's the counselor responsibility to keep an eye out as to where they are placed.

As for the people who put these on the other side of a window, in front of objectives, car doors or infront of a hiding spot as to where you are hiding then that's just called being childish and immature...