Sign in to follow this  
JTDestroyer5900

"Bounty" for Team Killers

So, just did a match, died early to Jason. While spectating I noticed one douche playing as deb had a machete and was attacking others( Eventually a Tiffany with a pot fought back, and Jason curbstomped the wannabe TKer. Next round, we both spawn near the same house, notice who it is, and I rush for the Machete. Eventually they get one, they whiff me, I block, 2 power attacks and shes dead. The -1K xp doesnt bother me, as I've unlocked all Jasons and Councilors, yet I was thinking that a way to balance killing TKers is to "mark" them with a bounty of sorts. The first mark gives the TK killer 1K xp(to negate the traitor penalty). If a TKer has multiple "marks" each mark adds 100 xp. Furthermore, these marks carry over from other games, and are reset when justice is served. Now, there is no indication that someone is marked, but it should be a good reward for dealing with pests.

3 hours ago, JTDestroyer5900 said:

So, just did a match, died early to Jason. While spectating I noticed one douche playing as deb had a machete and was attacking others( Eventually a Tiffany with a pot fought back, and Jason curbstomped the wannabe TKer. Next round, we both spawn near the same house, notice who it is, and I rush for the Machete. Eventually they get one, they whiff me, I block, 2 power attacks and shes dead. The -1K xp doesnt bother me, as I've unlocked all Jasons and Councilors, yet I was thinking that a way to balance killing TKers is to "mark" them with a bounty of sorts. The first mark gives the TK killer 1K xp(to negate the traitor penalty). If a TKer has multiple "marks" each mark adds 100 xp. Furthermore, these marks carry over from other games, and are reset when justice is served. Now, there is no indication that someone is marked, but it should be a good reward for dealing with pests.

You know this could work but i think they would need to make some minor changes.

1. The bounty only becomes active after so many team kills within a certain amount of time and remains active for a certain amount of time even if they are killed. Say 1 hour for every team kill they performed and additional time is added if they TK during that time. This would be for excessive team killing not the occasional accident or fight over the last seat team kill. 

2. The bounty is that no negative xp is deducted for killing the team killer and the kill does not go toward you receiving a bounty on yourself. 

3. Private lobby would need not only a team kill on/off toggle but team killing allowed/acceptable toggle. This would keep friends who are just messing around in their own private lobby from incurring the bounty. 

Will this stop TK trolls? Probably not but if the other players know they won't be penalized for killing the tker they will most like dispose of them right in the beginning and that will be the end of it. 

In addition there are other things they could add to tker. A tag next to name marking them, and reduced HP and increased fear at start of game to make them a easier target for everyone. 

Also, they should reduce the amount of negative xp because accidents and fights over last seat happen and shouldn't be excessively punished. 

Overall I think your idea has some merit. 

TK'ing could be somewhat curbed by having the offending player glow red (for Jason) from the betrayal to the end of the match or basically always appear on Jason's sense from that point on.

If one of these counselors murdered one of their friends, their fear would be gigantic realistically.

I think someone who TK's more then 3 times in a 24 hour day should be given a temp suspension from the game. Also penalty increased if the person continues to TK directly after the suspension has ended.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Tattooey said:

I think someone who TK's more then 3 times in a 24 hour day should be given a temp suspension from the game. Also penalty increased if the person continues to TK directly after the suspension has ended.

Sounds great now just let me run in front of the car so you can kill me

Oh I see that you set a bear trap let me climb thru a broken window over and over till I’m about dead and step in the bear trap and get you a TK because of me

now you just need 1 more TK

now I go to trap you inside a bathroom or a room with the door as the only exit now the only way to get away is to kill me or just wait for Jason to come by and kill both of us

Now I can attack you hoping you will fight back with that shotgun that you got and you just killed me

so now my trolling is done you get a temp ban from the game

this is why we shouldn’t have a punishment it will just give fuel to all the trolls 

Your right but I host most matches for reasons that you mentioned.

maybe it would be better to just give private match hosts the ability to turn off friendly fire. So that people can't run you over, shoot you, or hit you with melee weapons.

19 hours ago, Brigadius said:

You know this could work but i think they would need to make some minor changes.

1. The bounty only becomes active after so many team kills within a certain amount of time and remains active for a certain amount of time even if they are killed. Say 1 hour for every team kill they performed and additional time is added if they TK during that time. This would be for excessive team killing not the occasional accident or fight over the last seat team kill. 

2. The bounty is that no negative xp is deducted for killing the team killer and the kill does not go toward you receiving a bounty on yourself. 

3. Private lobby would need not only a team kill on/off toggle but team killing allowed/acceptable toggle. This would keep friends who are just messing around in their own private lobby from incurring the bounty. 

Will this stop TK trolls? Probably not but if the other players know they won't be penalized for killing the tker they will most like dispose of them right in the beginning and that will be the end of it. 

In addition there are other things they could add to tker. A tag next to name marking them, and reduced HP and increased fear at start of game to make them a easier target for everyone. 

Also, they should reduce the amount of negative xp because accidents and fights over last seat happen and shouldn't be excessively punished. 

Overall I think your idea has some merit. 

While I really do like the idea, I think that unfortunately the bounty system could work in the team killer's favour. Sounds strange but hear me out.

This bounty system assumes that players will be able to kill a TKer each and every time. Which firstly, isn't going to be the case, and secondly, is going to place focus on killing the TKer for an exp reward. So it's likely that every armed player in a match will go for them if they're in vicinity. As serial TKers are often griefers who just want to fight and screw up the game for everyone, this will bring them ample opportunity to do so. Again, those who don't succeed will probably get killed themselves, and add another mark on the TKer which means there will always be a bounty and it will always encourage others to fight them. Which is exactly what these hostile type of players want.

Team killing is a big distraction in a match, and usually alerts Jason who can easily take advantage of it. The last thing I'd want to see is a match turn into a bounty hunt, rather than playing the game as intended. Some bad scenarios are a couple of TKers working together and ambushing players trying to collect the bounty, or even worse, working with Jason. Basically what I'm saying is they would take advantage of now being a magnet for PvP.

The best case scenario would be taking a TKer out of the game right away, especially if you caught them without a weapon. Or a co-ordinated attack by a couple players. But it's not a guaranteed thing and still a distraction from the actual objectives of the match. Going after a TKer, you're just as likely to get killed as killing them.

I think other solutions can be found though. I've got some ideas for it, mainly they revolve around looking at the reasons why legitimate players team kill, and trying to eliminate the need to as much as possible. This way it would single out TKers a lot more and punish only those who need to be. Needs its own post though.

4 hours ago, Tattooey said:

Your right but I host most matches for reasons that you mentioned.

maybe it would be better to just give private match hosts the ability to turn off friendly fire. So that people can't run you over, shoot you, or hit you with melee weapons.

Yup they did have it before but it got turned off for some reason

the only downside to having TK off is people can trap you in the bathroom or a cabin with the door as the only exit now the only way to get out of something like that is to glitch they the walls & I bet my max level that the people who bitch about people glitching would use the same glitch to phase thru the walls to get out so now you can call them a hypocrite for doing the same thing the other glitches use lol