Soxette

When do you feel it's justified to leave as the host?

61 posts in this topic

I'll quit as host as soon as I see a glitcher, helper or tk. As far as Im concerned, the match is already ruined by them so may as well just shut their shit down. I even warn everyone in the lobby that it's going to happen before the match starts. If you're not gonna play the game the right way, get the fuck out of here now.

2 hours ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

Not sure what "containing salt" means, but it sounds like some sort of insult of the moment, so I'll just ignore it.

Sorry, I've been having a really rough day that I didn't expect would happen. Shouldn't let my real life affect my posting. Normally I'm not like that. I apologize.

1 person likes this

Having completed a game as Jason in 3 days because hosts can't stand getting killed.

37 minutes ago, weirdkid5 said:

Sorry, I've been having a really rough day that I didn't expect would happen. Shouldn't let my real life affect my posting. Normally I'm not like that. I apologize.

No problem, brother.

That was how I felt when I quit as host that time!

I truly hate when someone quits as they're getting killed, regardless of whether they're the host.  It's just a whiny thing to do; unfortunately, it hurts everyone when the person happens to be the host. 

If anyone is working with Jason, teamkilling, or glitching before it was patched, I refuse to let them waste my time, and I will purposely deny them the XP.

13 hours ago, RAGEVIRUS said:

I'll quit as host as soon as I see a glitcher, helper or tk. As far as Im concerned, the match is already ruined by them so may as well just shut their shit down. I even warn everyone in the lobby that it's going to happen before the match starts. If you're not gonna play the game the right way, get the fuck out of here now.

I’m sorry to say but everybody is allowed to play the game

14 minutes ago, GrandMasterLynx said:

Why are you sorry to say? You're one of the reasons they started to take reports. In a perfect world, you would not be playing due to your self admitted to me, 25% glitching to 101.

2 people like this

I just said whatever I want and you believed it was 25% lol more like 10% 

In a perfect world we wouldn’t have people complaining over a video game we wouldn’t have war murder or anything bad at all so get off your high horse and just enjoy the game 

now back on topic

the onlyntime I would leave as Host is when Jason is a complete prick that’s the only time I would leave

1 hour ago, GrandMasterLynx said:

In a perfect world we wouldn’t have people complaining over a video game we wouldn’t have war murder or anything bad at all so get off your high horse and just enjoy the game 

now back on topic

the onlyntime I would leave as Host is when Jason is a complete prick that’s the only time I would leave

You really don't get it do you?

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, GrandMasterLynx said:

Everybody is allowed to quit as host as well. What is your point here?

Quitting and TK are the only tools we actually have to deal with griefers. I have limited time available to play the game, and when I do, I want to play the game as designed rather than being inconvenienced by a few mentally stunted trolls that get their kicks by ruining things for others.

6 minutes ago, reisod said:

Everybody is allowed to quit as host as well. What is your point here?

Quitting and TK are the only tools we actually have to deal with griefers. I have limited time available to play the game, and when I do, I want to play the game as designed rather than being inconvenienced by a few mentally stunted trolls that get their kicks by ruining things for others.

My point is that you shouldn’t be like HEY DONT DO THAT PLAY RIGHT HELP US DONT GO OFF ON YOUR OWN PLAY AS A TEAM IF YOU CANT DO WHAT I LIKE YOU CAN GET THE HELL OFF MY GAME

I’m sorry but that mindset shouldn’t be on this game at all

Thats why I don’t really report the trolls I just let them be them and kick them after the game is over if they wanna glitch

now for TK I will work with Jason so they can be found and taken care of or just find them myself and TK every game till they leave I don’t care about my XP since I’m max level so it’s easy for me to troll the trolls

so please don’t have the mind set of If you don’t play how I want GTFO my game it’s really everybody’s game glitchers TK trappers slashers spawn killers everything is permitted 

Just did 1st match today, ps4. I escaped. Jason killed host near end. Host ragequit. Again. My rank is not actually correct because of this. I can't get earned xp with these brats constantly quitting bc they aren't getting their way. They quit pretty much one after another as Jason kills them. Another 1k plus xp gone, just like the thousands I've lost before.

15 minutes ago, bunnymassacre said:

Just did 1st match today, ps4. I escaped. Jason killed host near end. Host ragequit. Again. My rank is not actually correct because of this. I can't get earned xp with these brats constantly quitting bc they aren't getting their way. They quit pretty much one after another as Jason kills them. Another 1k plus xp gone, just like the thousands I've lost before.

What's your tag? I don't rage quit and I usually play with some very good groups.

1 hour ago, GrandMasterLynx said:

My point is that you shouldn’t be like HEY DONT DO THAT PLAY RIGHT HELP US DONT GO OFF ON YOUR OWN PLAY AS A TEAM IF YOU CANT DO WHAT I LIKE YOU CAN GET THE HELL OFF MY GAME

it’s really everybody’s game glitchers TK trappers slashers spawn killers everything is permitted 

Playing as a lone wolf or as part of a team is normal. Nobody is railing against that, so quit pretending like your agenda is somehow defending lone wolf play. For some reason, you feel like griefing is a legit aspect of the game. Host quitting is a form of griefing, and thereby equivalent to glitching and jason helping. If you are supporting griefing as legitimate gameplay, then you have zero ground to claim that host quitting is not part of the game (including rage quitting).

Myself, and many others (including the devs) do not share your apparent love and support for griefing. The only legitimate reasons for host quitting are either (a) leaving the game, (b) the game crashes you out, or (c) to break up a game made toxic by worthless griefers.

1 person likes this

They just need to have host migration so it would fix this issue plus you can always host your own lobby so this wouldn’t be a issue 

25 minutes ago, reisod said:

Playing as a lone wolf or as part of a team is normal. Nobody is railing against that, so quit pretending like your agenda is somehow defending lone wolf play. For some reason, you feel like griefing is a legit aspect of the game. Host quitting is a form of griefing, and thereby equivalent to glitching and jason helping. If you are supporting griefing as legitimate gameplay, then you have zero ground to claim that host quitting is not part of the game (including rage quitting).

Myself, and many others (including the devs) do not share your apparent love and support for griefing. The only legitimate reasons for host quitting are either (a) leaving the game, (b) the game crashes you out, or (c) to break up a game made toxic by worthless griefers.

I wouldn't bother mate. There's no talking to him. If it was upto him, Jason would be sipping a mojito, sat on a chair watching the counsellors run atop the roof for 20 mins. You know, because its everybody's game. Even the cheating bottom feeders.

1 person likes this

If it was up to me I would place a death barrier so people can’t glitch that would fix the issue really fast like if you try to go outside of the map on Packanack you will die so why can’t they do this for the other glitches?

On 7/25/2017 at 7:34 AM, GrandMasterLynx said:

now back on topic

What exactly does that mean? Tunneling on you? Hack and slashing when you'd prefer he grab you so you can use your pocketknife? Or just killing you in general, which is, you know, the sole purpose of Jason?

You defended the actions of griefers by basically saying "meh, the world's not perfect" and you couldn't be more wrong. We're talking about a game here which can, varying by perspective and relative values, be a perfect world. The game is a controlled environment, if the community rallies for a standard to be set, the developers can make that standard into a law, punishable if broken. We're not talking about changing human nature, we're talking about who to allow through the door and what to do if they break the rules of the house. I find it interesting that you brush off everyone's concerns, allowing for people that are by almost any standard being pricks, but go on to say that if you feel that someone is being a prick toward you then ending the game is justified. Hypocrisy at it's core.

Now back on topic, there may be several reasons where it's justifiable to leave as a host, the consensus being that Rage-Quitting is not one of them. The devs were able (and quite simply it seemed) to establish penalties for TK (1 XP earned at end of match) and glitchers (banishment), if for whatever reason host migration is not an option, a simple solution would be to implement an XP penalty for pervasive Rage-Quitting. I think it would be fair for a person to receive an XP penalty equal to the sum of all XP earned by other players in the match, whether they be Counselors or Jason, and I'm not talking about 1 XP at end of match, I'm talking about backsliding their progress. If a Level 29 finds that they're suddenly at Level 28 because they just couldn't handle dying in a horror survival game, you'd see rage-quitting taper off very quickly.

I play pretty irregularly, and so I'm pretty bad with Jason. I finally got to a point where I was doing really well, had grabbed my sixth kill with the other two counselors right beside us, and the host quit rather than accepting death. It probably wouldn't have taken much longer for me to get the last two kills since I could tell they weren't splitting up, and I would guess it would probably take longer to find a new match. 

It was super frustrating. My thought is that unless everyone else in the game is cheating or just being awful, you owe it to stick around through the game.  If you quit in the middle of a game, you're every bit as bad as anyone who exploits glitches, or does anything else. Worse, really, because you've ruined the game for everyone because you're a baby.

I try to never end a match early if I am the host. I might have to all of the sudden close the room after match end, booting everyone but only once its back to the lobby. I hate it when people quit early on me; so I hate to quit early on them.

1 person likes this

So, I left the game as host for the first time yesterday.  Not the lobby but mid-game.  Here's the story:

We were about 5 minutes in, everyone seemed to be working together pretty well.  We found the car parts and I ended up finding the keys.  As soon as everyone found out I had the keys, a little group of friends started yelling that I had the keys and they all started attacking me.  I was able to shake them for a while but knew it was inevitable.  I went ahead and let them kill me so that the one who makes the final blow loses the XP.  Then I quit.  I feel there is no room on the servers for players like that but I still feel guilty for some reason because that's not how I operate.  I don't quit early host or not.  That one just urked me and didn't want to reward their crappy behavior by letting them finish the game and get their XP back.

1 person likes this

I always believe in letting people playy how they want. We all bought the game and play it to have fun. I played through two whole matches the other day where two guys were each Jason in a row and they completely told each other where everyone else was, but let each other escape. Obviously people left. I was going to start a game with the five of us left, 3 of us victims to the shenanigans of the other two. I was going to be Jason and let the other 2 escape just to focus on killing these 2.However people didn't ready up in time, and it reset so one of them got Jason yet again. I almost made it to the cops but got sold out. Waited until it was just those two, then quit. 

If there is a glitcher, I simply message them and tell them to vacate the spot or I will end the game and report them. Most get down/out. It's the people in parties working together as Jason and counselor that make me mad. Do it once or twice and whatever, everyone kind of does it here or there. Not a big deal. 2 matches in a row, done. Then again I have more patience and at level 67 with almost all of the achievements, it doesn't matter much to me. It's all just for fun.

If I see two people working together, as in one friend is Jason and the other isn't. I'll let them game play out until right as Jason is about to kill the last person/ his friend.

Then I leave the game.

That is the only time I will leave the game as a host, or if someone is doing some bogus glitch.

1 hour ago, Deeify said:

So, I left the game as host for the first time yesterday.  Not the lobby but mid-game.  Here's the story:

We were about 5 minutes in, everyone seemed to be working together pretty well.  We found the car parts and I ended up finding the keys.  As soon as everyone found out I had the keys, a little group of friends started yelling that I had the keys and they all started attacking me.  I was able to shake them for a while but knew it was inevitable.  I went ahead and let them kill me so that the one who makes the final blow loses the XP.  Then I quit.  I feel there is no room on the servers for players like that but I still feel guilty for some reason because that's not how I operate.  I don't quit early host or not.  That one just urked me and didn't want to reward their crappy behavior by letting them finish the game and get their XP back.

The couple of times this kind of thing has happened to me, I head straight out into the water. They can't attack you there, and if Jason gets you, keys are going to the bottom of the lake.

1 person likes this

57 minutes ago, reisod said:

The couple of times this kind of thing has happened to me, I head straight out into the water. They can't attack you there, and if Jason gets you, keys are going to the bottom of the lake.

That's good!  I like that.