Gunthaa

Ragequits and a suggestion on how to make them acceptable.

Those damn ragequits. I've seen hundreds of people doing them. My friend ragequits. Hell, even his mother probably would if she was playing the game!

There are those just jumping from lobby to lobby, hoping to become Jason and leaving when they're not. And there are those who leave when Jason has them down to kill, sometimes even in the killing animation.

Those not only take some fun away from the Jason's gameplay, but they also steal his EXP and kill numbers.

The solution to this issue, though, could be really simple. (I should be hired for inventing clickbait titles somewhere.)

No, what are you thinking? It's most definitely not a leaver penalty. Penalties like those are always bad since they can only punish you for your PC crashing or game freezing, but not prevent that from happening.

What I was thinking of as the best solution could be described as a "stayer bonus".

Basically, all that is is Jason receiving 150 EXP (the maximum amount he can get for a kill) and a kill for his kill count as soon as any counselor leaves the match.

This means ragequitters may still flee, games may still crash - but it does not affect Jason negatively any more, rather gifting him what he would have had to work for if people stayed in.

You might want to think about counselors getting some extra EXP when losing numbers to quitting players, but to spare Jason from leaver madness was one of the more important steps towards a game of maximum enjoyability.

People job be able to leave a match if they so desire. That being said, two pressing issues do need to be addressed.

1. Host Migration

2. Jason losing XP for those who use the emergency escape button.

It is simple enough to solve. Host migration will fix a bunch of issues. And for those who leave, another member posted a great idea, simply add a 10 second countdown timer like what happens at the start of a match. You select "Leave Match" and the countdown begins. Gives Jason ample time to finish you off and nobody leaving legitimately would likely whine too much about waiting a measly 10 seconds to close the game out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alkavian said:

You select "Leave Match" and the countdown begins. Gives Jason ample time to finish you off and nobody leaving legitimately would likely whine too much about waiting a measly 10 seconds to close the game out.

Yeah but this will just result in people leaving earlier when they are pinned down, instead of during executions. And on consoles this solution won't do anything because they can just dashboard and quit program.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alkavian said:

People job be able to leave a match if they so desire. That being said, two pressing issues do need to be addressed.

1. Host Migration

2. Jason losing XP for those who use the emergency escape button.

It is simple enough to solve. Host migration will fix a bunch of issues. And for those who leave, another member posted a great idea, simply add a 10 second countdown timer like what happens at the start of a match. You select "Leave Match" and the countdown begins. Gives Jason ample time to finish you off and nobody leaving legitimately would likely whine too much about waiting a measly 10 seconds to close the game out.

They should just take a note from DbD and give Jason a quitter bonus. It should equal the same amount of XP as an Enviro Kill imo

• Like 1

On 23/07/2017 at 9:47 PM, weirdkid5 said:

They should just take a note from DbD and give Jason a quitter bonus. It should equal the same amount of XP as an Enviro Kill imo

Yup, this. If Jason is so damn efficient that his victims literally cease to exist due to him, then full kudos!

I once left as Jason because I had a counsellor glitched on my grip and no one helped me get rid of them

5 minutes ago, Moe9999633 said:

I once left as Jason because I had a counsellor glitched on my grip and no one helped me get rid of them

Why would anybody wanna help you when you will just go back to killing them this happened to Jason when I was playing he asked for help I told him to go back to his moms hut and ask her for help

but if you went to the Water it would free you of the glitch

Just now, GrandMasterLynx said:

Why would anybody wanna help you when you will just go back to killing them this happened to Jason when I was playing he asked for help I told him to go back to his moms hut and ask her for help

but if you went to the Water it would free you of the glitch

I was on the other side of the map the game would end got to the water

Just now, Moe9999633 said:

I was on the other side of the map the game would end got to the water

So the game was almost over and you still quit I would have just waited to get the XP/CP

So the game was almost over and you still quit I would have just waited to get the XP/CP

No the game just started like only 30 seconds past

So what did you mean by game would end got to the water

Yes

Just now, Moe9999633 said:

Yes

If the game just started you could have walked to the water and get him off of you before the match was even over doesn’t take long to walk from where you were at to the water 

If the game just started you could have walked to the water and get him off of you before the match was even over doesn’t take long to walk from where you were at to the water 

I was at crystal water