Jump to content
Alien_Number_Six

What is awesome about Friday the 13th The Game??

Recommended Posts

On 7/23/2017 at 1:41 AM, Luckystrike2778 said:

Save your energy for who gives a shit. A questioned was asked and i answered like many others answered in their own way. Go back to your mothership. ;)

I feel certain that Alien_Number_Six made it clear this was intended for a positive discussion of what we like about the game. If you don't have anything nice to say, there are plenty of threads for whining. There's no need to ruin the vibe of this conversation.

With that in mind, I also like the flexibility of the game for a variety of play styles. If I want to go toe-to-toe with Jason for a few rounds I can choose a character that benefits that. If I want to hang back and quietly support the group with repairs or supply runs, I have options there, too. 

Similarly, the variety of Jasons gives me options on how I want to thin the herd. I dig that I can completely change a cohesive group's approach just by eliminating one key contributor.

The options, combined with the fickle preferences of each player give the game a new flavor with each round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On July 23, 2017 at 11:06 AM, NthnButAGoodTime said:

I feel certain that Alien_Number_Six made it clear this was intended for a positive discussion of what we like about the game. If you don't have anything nice to say, there are plenty of threads for whining. There's no need to ruin the vibe of this conversation.

With that in mind, I also like the flexibility of the game for a variety of play styles. If I want to go toe-to-toe with Jason for a few rounds I can choose a character that benefits that. If I want to hang back and quietly support the group with repairs or supply runs, I have options there, too. 

Similarly, the variety of Jasons gives me options on how I want to thin the herd. I dig that I can completely change a cohesive group's approach just buy eliminating one key contributor.

The options, combined with the fickle preferences of each player give the game a new flavor with each round.

Our opinions were asked and I gave mine. No whining about it. Just truth from my end and I am not alone. You ASSuming anything just makes an ass out of yourself and I didnt get all petty and attack someone's comment until you lil trolls tried singling me out. Dont like acomment, then move on. I am free to express my opinion even if you snowflakes dont agree or like it. Everyone cannot pleased all the time. Get over yourself and move on. There is a block option. I SUGGEST  you use it or I can next time i bother to visit these forums where I was under the impression we were allowed to give an opinion when asked instead of keyboard warriors thinking they run jack and shit and jack left town buddy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/22/2017 at 10:41 PM, Luckystrike2778 said:

Save your energy for who gives a shit. A questioned was asked and i answered like many others answered in their own way. Go back to your mothership. ;)

Some people just love to whine and complain.  We all know there are issues with the game,  but we want to focus on positive.  I love shooting jason in the face. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Luckystrike2778 said:

 

Our opinions were asked and I gave mine. No whining about it. Just truth from my end and I am not alone. You ASSuming anything just makes an ass out of yourself and I didnt get all petty and attack someone's comment until you lil trolls tried singling me out. Dont like acomment, then move on. I am free to express my opinion even if you snowflakes dont agree or like it. Everyone cannot pleased all the time. Get over yourself and move on. There is a block option. I SUGGEST  you use it or I can next time i bother to visit these forums where I was under the impression we were allowed to give an opinion when asked instead of keyboard warriors thinking they run jack and shit and jack left town buddy

 

On 7/21/2017 at 0:05 PM, Alien_Number_Six said:

        With all the negative threads about this, that and the developers I thought about a change of pace. List what you like about this game. List what you love about this game. 

:)Hey man, calm down. I don't have any interest in blocking you...or even looking up how to do that, really. There are plenty of places to get worked up and negative on this game forum. This particular thread wasn't designed for that. You're just in the wrong spot, guy. There's no need for attacks or anger. We were all trying to get away from that on this thread. If you're bringing negativity into a thread expressly designed to avoid negativity, I have a hard time understanding why you would have to be reminded of that idea twice, unless your intention was to deliberately stir the pot...in which case...I don't have a pot, dude.:)

Getting back on topic, I like how this game is giving us all a chance to meet new people and get murdered in front of them while we rummage through surprisingly clean drawers. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/23/2017 at 0:41 AM, Luckystrike2778 said:

Save your energy for who gives a shit. A questioned was asked and i answered like many others answered in their own way. Go back to your mothership. ;)

Save your negativity for other threads. This is a positive discussion. Plain and simple. I you didn't have anything positive to say please go to another thread. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also love the little touches, like clothes dropped in random spots on the floor, and the items on the pantry shelves. They didn't have to bother with those details, but they put them in, anyway. 

I watched the first eight movies again, shortly before launch. Now I want to go back and just look at the background of different scenes to see what parts of the decor were pulled directly from the movies, beyond the obvious stuff.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/23/2017 at 0:41 AM, Luckystrike2778 said:

Save your energy for who gives a shit. A questioned was asked and i answered like many others answered in their own way. Go back to your mothership. ;)

Actually, the question was "What is awesome about Friday the 13th: The Game." Alien_Number_Six was correct. There are plenty of threads to bash this title.. This was a place for people that do like it to discuss it. I won't say that you are wrong for giving your opinion, because you are absolutely entitled to it. But, I think this may have been the wrong forum for you to slam it. Negativity only breeds more of the same. And that is my opinion. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/23/2017 at 0:41 AM, Luckystrike2778 said:
11 hours ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

I also love the little touches, like clothes dropped in random spots on the floor, and the items on the pantry shelves. They didn't have to bother with those details, but they put them in, anyway. 

I watched the first eight movies again, shortly before launch. Now I want to go back and just look at the background of different scenes to see what parts of the decor were pulled directly from the movies, beyond the obvious stuff.

The Packanack Lodge and Higgins Haven main houses are pretty close to the films. The big cabin near Cunningham Road on Crystal Lake is a perfect copy of the cabin the second victim of the original film follows Pamela into. Wonder when they will get around to doing the Jarvis estate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those times when I finally track down that damn Chad and repeatedly introduce his limbs to my axe.

For me, it's a combination of the atmosphere, the movie accuracy and just the sheer solid formula of scavenger hunt/hide & seek.

I love seeing the layout and details from the movies in the maps, recognising little areas. Hey, there's where Chris stabbed Jason in the knee. There's the bathrooms where Marcie got ambushed. There's where Mark was armwrestling people. And also in the detail of the various Jasons, something that's a very strong fan influence where a more non-committed team would've just picked a certain Jason look or two and stuck with that.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With friends, it's amazing. I love strategy and that is exactly what this game is about. Both when a plan works and also when it doesn't, because its hilarious when things fall apart too. You do your best to get all the pieces in place, but it only takes one to make a mistake and then it all comes tumbling down - and that's actually great. Adds a lot of tension and exciting spur of the moment decisions. For a time I had a great group of players and consistently awesome matches you just laugh all the way through. Extremely close calls, crazy Jason jump scares etc. Still have faith in the game, for sure.

EDIT: and that's just from a counselor perspective. Getting to actually play as all the different Jasons, faithfully remade with brutal kills and all, is a wonderful thing for a hardcore F13 fan. Having all the different abilities, and freedom of playstyle to creatively hunt counselors, goes a long way towards replayability. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Getting back on topic, I like how this game is giving us all a chance to meet new people and get murdered in front of them while we rummage through surprisingly clean drawers. 

"Surprisingly Clean Drawers" would make a phenomenal band name. If one of you jokers uses it and makes it big, throw a little love my way. I'm not going anywhere.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think almost everyone left on the forums would agree that when it works, this game is da sh!t. It is Ana amazing and faithful representation of the earlier F13 movies and dripping with theme. It gives you the chance to play jason and he's awesome. 

 

So yes we can all agree the game is outstanding - when it works. 

 

Although not perfect, not many people argue that the content is the problem. 

 

I'll give you an example. Last night I played for a couple of hours. The first game crashed to blue screen. 2nd game I was jason and as I was killing host he quit. Next game I got booted for connection lost. 

 

Finally got into a good group. Played one game that was good. Next game the Jason wasn't good and just wasted time. 

 

 

That is the game in a nutshell - putting up with a bunch of BS to have one moment of amazing glory. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, 7theye said:

That is the game in a nutshell - putting up with a bunch of BS to have one moment of amazing glory. 

But, respectfully, that's modern gaming, right now. Dice's Star Wars Battlefront was visually and audibly breathtaking, but lacked the fan anticipated single-player and had enough glitches to power an industry of YouTubers clipping together hilarious montages. Simpler games, like BroForce still crash during play. Step back to the PS2 and I lost months worth of effort when GTA: Vice City froze during a game save.

All of this stuff is imperfect, and that can be amplified in online play. Take any game that requires people to work together and you'll run into rage-quitters, griefers, bad sports, generally selfish people, and players so dumb it makes you a little sad.

None of those things rest on the shoulders of this game or it's developers. They have put together an amazing recreation of a beloved series and let us play around in it. When real, addressable problems have arisen, they've worked as quickly as a team their size could possibly work to address them.

Take a restaurant or retail store, if they experience an unexpected customer rush or a supply truck doesn't show when it's supposed to or a shipment turns out to be damaged; they will face the day the best they can, but will be unfairly criticized by the customers for failing until things get back to normal.

TL:DR Humanity and the unexpected cruelties of modern life and the complexities of coding own the blame.

STILL TL:DR People suck and this stuff's harder than it looks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

But, respectfully, that's modern gaming, right now. Dice's Star Wars Battlefront was visually and audibly breathtaking, but lacked the fan anticipated single-player and had enough glitches to power an industry of YouTubers clipping together hilarious montages. Simpler games, like BroForce still crash during play. Step back to the PS2 and I lost months worth of effort when GTA: Vice City froze during a game save.

All of this stuff is imperfect, and that can be amplified in online play. Take any game that requires people to work together and you'll run into rage-quitters, griefers, bad sports, generally selfish people, and players so dumb it makes you a little sad.

None of those things rest on the shoulders of this game or it's developers. They have put together an amazing recreation of a beloved series and let us play around in it. When real, addressable problems have arisen, they've worked as quickly as a team their size could possibly work to address them.

Take a restaurant or retail store, if they experience an unexpected customer rush or a supply truck doesn't show when it's supposed to or a shipment turns out to be damaged; they will face the day the best they can, but will be unfairly criticized by the customers for failing until things get back to normal.

TL:DR Humanity and the unexpected cruelties of modern life and the complexities of coding own the blame.

STILL TL:DR People suck and this stuff's harder than it looks.

the problem is not just that the game requires team work etc.

 

its the constant crashes, the disconnects and above all else

 

The inexplicable, baffling and downright insane lack of host migration or dedicated servers for consoles

 

If they just added host migration we could discuss how awesome the game is. Without it all you are doing to waiting until the host dies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, 7theye said:

If they just added host migration we could discuss how awesome the game is. Without it all you are doing to waiting until the host dies

I use that time to talk with people in the afterlife and cheer on whoever is left. It's only 20 minutes, I chose to be entertained by what's onscreen. Maybe it's my region, but if a host quits, it doesn't take long for me to find another game. I've also begun building a small collection of in-game friends to help guard against the chance of a bad lobby. There's a section in Player Run Challenges in this board where people are posting the kind of playstyle they're looking for along with their gamertag. You can link up with some people there. These are just the steps I've taken, and I rarely run into the issues you are describing. Maybe this can help you, too.

Edited by NthnButAGoodTime
Had something to add and didn't want to double post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How people can glitch and people keep on hating on them and how they won’t just let it go that they have so much RAGE over it actually it’s really sad

 

I love how you can be playing with people for awhile but once your Jason that friendship is over it brings me back to all the games that broke friendships which never really happened to me since my friends weren’t that petty to break a friendship over a video game that they don’t RAGE if they lose or die 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like others, as an 80's kid I grew up watching the F13 movies. To be more specific, I wasn't allowed to watch F13 movies, but I have fond memories of catching scenes or even being lucky enough to see a whole movie on USA Up All Night during a sleep over while supervising parents were asleep. Later in high school I was able to watch each movie in sequence, which provided a chronology to what was previously just a jumble of scenes.

The game does an amazing job of recreating the essence of the films, while also creating a gaming experience that stands dramatically apart from many of the formulaic big titles. Every time I play, I find myself in that familiar ecstatic mode of "just one more game" until it's stupid late and I'm going to get too little sleep before work. I find it amazing that you can get so much from a game that actually contains so little, and I really hope Illfonic follows through on their promises of continued content development.

Yes, the game has very real and super annoying technical problems; but I'd rather play a great game with fixable technical problems, than a boring game that works flawlessly.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, DamonD7 said:

Those times when I finally track down that damn Chad and repeatedly introduce his limbs to my axe.

For me, it's a combination of the atmosphere, the movie accuracy and just the sheer solid formula of scavenger hunt/hide & seek.

I love seeing the layout and details from the movies in the maps, recognising little areas. Hey, there's where Chris stabbed Jason in the knee. There's the bathrooms where Marcie got ambushed. There's where Mark was armwrestling people. And also in the detail of the various Jasons, something that's a very strong fan influence where a more non-committed team would've just picked a certain Jason look or two and stuck with that.

Hey DamonD7 was that you who escaped on the boat from me as Jason yesterday morning?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, reisod said:

Like others, as an 80's kid I grew up watching the F13 movies. To be more specific, I wasn't allowed to watch F13 movies, but I have fond memories of catching scenes or even being lucky enough to see a whole movie on USA Up All Night during a sleep over while supervising parents were asleep. Later in high school I was able to watch each movie in sequence, which provided a chronology to what was previously just a jumble of scenes.

The game does an amazing job of recreating the essence of the films, while also creating a gaming experience that stands dramatically apart from many of the formulaic big titles. Every time I play, I find myself in that familiar ecstatic mode of "just one more game" until it's stupid late and I'm going to get too little sleep before work. I find it amazing that you can get so much from a game that actually contains so little, and I really hope Illfonic follows through on their promises of continued content development.

Yes, the game has very real and super annoying technical problems; but I'd rather play a great game with fixable technical problems, than a boring game that works flawlessly.

Yeah I have that just one more game sickness too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Hey DamonD7 was that you who escaped on the boat from me as Jason yesterday morning?

I haven't played since Sunday, so sadly no. I'm an Xbone player too, don't know if you are or not.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DamonD7 said:

I haven't played since Sunday, so sadly no. I'm an Xbone player too, don't know if you are or not.

I had a player named Damon epicly escape me with the boat yesterday on PS4. That's why I asked. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, this won't do at all. I must find this other Damon and defeat him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, reisod said:

Like others, as an 80's kid I grew up watching the F13 movies. To be more specific, I wasn't allowed to watch F13 movies, but I have fond memories of catching scenes or even being lucky enough to see a whole movie on USA Up All Night during a sleep over while supervising parents were asleep. Later in high school I was able to watch each movie in sequence, which provided a chronology to what was previously just a jumble of scenes.

You and I walked similar paths.

Ah, Rhonda Shear, between Silk Stalkings and her show Up All Night, The USA Network was a confusing place for adolescent boys who hadn't yet figured out that nobody was going to sneak free nudity onto basic cable.

 

Edited by NthnButAGoodTime
Wording changed and example link added, to be more inclusive to those who weren't there.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...