Jump to content
Alien_Number_Six

What is awesome about Friday the 13th The Game??

Recommended Posts

        With all the negative threads about this, that and the developers I thought about a change of pace. List what you like about this game. List what you love about this game. 

 

             I enjoy the variety of characters to choose from with their various strengths and weaknesses. This includes the various Jasons. I love the fact that Gun took the time to research the first three films and give us three environments that look like the film environments. This game is great when you have a bunch of friends on mic. The 80's feel of the game is dripping with nostalgia from the clothes to the music that plays in the cars Friday is like a trip to the campy past. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let me just say that I started playing this game, not because I'm a F13 fan(I've never seen a single F13 movie:o), I play it because of the cat & mouse aspect and the player interaction.  I essentially started following this game during the beta, watching Youtube & Twitch streamers play it and it looked like it was a blast to play.  I never thought I'd get the opportunity though since I didn't have a PC powerful enough to play it and I didn't have a PS4 or XBox1.  As a total surprise, I happened to receive a PS4 for my birthday in June and I've pretty much played this game non stop since.  The bugs don't phase me because I'm used to massive online multiplayer games with bugs.  Before this, my favorite game was Marvel Avengers Alliance on Facebook and it too had the kind of issues Gun is facing.  It eventually was shut down despite it's immense popularity, but that's because Disney Interactive decided to go in a different direction with their games.  I know stuff like this is going to happen and that Gun is doing their best to try to fix it. It's not an instant process.  It takes time because there are so many moving parts.  They are not just sitting back and counting their money as others on here are claiming. I'm patiently waiting for more content and bug fixes, but I'm currently having a blast with the game as it is right now.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we're talking specifically about concept and gameplay, I absolutely love everything about the game. Which is why it's even more infuriating to have to deal with day 1 issues that Xbox players are still having to deal with.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

Let me just say that I started playing this game, not because I'm a F13 fan(I've never seen a single F13 movie:o), I play it because of the cat & mouse aspect and the player interaction.  I essentially started following this game during the beta, watching Youtube & Twitch streamers play it and it looked like it was a blast to play.  I never thought I'd get the opportunity though since I didn't have a PC powerful enough to play it and I didn't have a PS4 or XBox1.  As a total surprise, I happened to receive a PS4 for my birthday in June and I've pretty much played this game non stop since.  The bugs don't phase me because I'm used to massive online multiplayer games with bugs.  Before this, my favorite game was Marvel Avengers Alliance on Facebook and it too had the kind of issues Gun is facing.  It eventually was shut down despite it's immense popularity, but that's because Disney Interactive decided to go in a different direction with their games.  I know stuff like this is going to happen and that Gun is doing their best to try to fix it. It's not an instant process.  It takes time because there are so many moving parts.  They are not just sitting back and counting their money as others on here are claiming. I'm patiently waiting for more content and bug fixes, but I'm currently having a blast with the game as it is right now.

Hope we can play again soon. It's been a while. I have enjoyed playing with the people I have met online. Sucks I can only usually play after 9 PST because my infant son likes to keep me busy. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

Hope we can play again soon. It's been a while. I have enjoyed playing with the people I have met online. Sucks I can only usually play after 9 PST because my infant son likes to keep me busy. 

Yeah, it's been fun.  I'm on the east coast so unfortunately that's way late for me especially on a weeknight.:(  I'm sure we'll find a time though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just going back to the actual question: I love this game because there are times that I am able to play as Jason and brutally murder the counselors! This is a game mechanic that I have been hoping for since the '89 NES release. I know that there have been a couple of online games that have allowed that, but nothing to this level of realism and love for the films.

I'm sorry, but for all of it's faults, this is a game that I enjoy every time I get into a match. Haters are gonna hate, because they are spoiled. Whiners are gonna whine, because they are also spoiled. And little bitches..well, they are just little bitches, no matter the media involved. (And yes, they are spoiled too!)

People who really like the genre (especially this franchise) will enjoy it for what it is. Yes...there are bugs, exploits, online assholes, and every other annoyance that you can find in any online game.  But I ask you, where else can you be Jason FUCKING Voorhees and demolish camp counselors?

In closing, I love the game because it was one that needed to be made. I love the game because it is fun every time. (Yes, even if I get spawn-killed, team-killed, run into some bitch-ass Jason helpers, being unfortunate enough to encounter the boring cheaters that just hide to run out the clock, or just die because I played poorly). 

I think it is a fun game. And, I spend a lot of my free time playing it.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The metagame.

Have a strategy that works against Jason? Good Jasons will adjust. Good counselors will then make counter-adjustments. With an asymmetrical game like this, the metagame environment is quite robust, which is what, in my opinion, gives it such a high ceiling. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm old. I grew up watching the movies despite not being allowed to (thanks to my older brother). I love this franchise. I love the fact that I get to feel like I'm in one of the movies. I still feel the anxiety when I'm getting chased by Jason. I still get a little burst of excitement when I first start the car or boat. The tension of the last 90 seconds before the cops show up and wondering if I picked the right side. The adrenaline rush of being Jason and chasing down those horrible counselors. The camaraderie of people working together and watching each other's back. I love the roller coaster of emotions the game gives me. The devs set out to make a game that was a love letter to F13. It shows. I'm so happy I get to inhabit that world. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing right now. PK's still run rampant. Love watching a game for 18 minutes in five diff lobbies with dumbasses who want to ruin a game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Luckystrike2778 said:

Nothing right now. PK's still run rampant. Love watching a game for 18 minutes in five diff lobbies with dumbasses who want to ruin a game

Yep, this is one of the reasons why I uninstalled.  

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's awesome?

When people play the way the game was intended to be played...Find objectives, help other counselors, work together, fights with Jason. When everything goes right in this game, it provides an experience that's hard to match. It's intense, adrenaline pumping, and sometimes funny all at once.

I've had countless great moments in this game that constantly remind me of why I love this game, even if you get some stretches where it's all "bad".

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Shadesofjoe said:

The metagame.

Have a strategy that works against Jason? Good Jasons will adjust. Good counselors will then make counter-adjustments. With an asymmetrical game like this, the metagame environment is quite robust, which is what, in my opinion, gives it such a high ceiling. 

Great point. I sometimes run into a wall after using tried and true tactics. 

4 hours ago, A.J. Mason said:

I'm old. I grew up watching the movies despite not being allowed to (thanks to my older brother). I love this franchise. I love the fact that I get to feel like I'm in one of the movies. I still feel the anxiety when I'm getting chased by Jason. I still get a little burst of excitement when I first start the car or boat. The tension of the last 90 seconds before the cops show up and wondering if I picked the right side. The adrenaline rush of being Jason and chasing down those horrible counselors. The camaraderie of people working together and watching each other's back. I love the roller coaster of emotions the game gives me. The devs set out to make a game that was a love letter to F13. It shows. I'm so happy I get to inhabit that world. 

Yeah I am thirty nine and watched all the films when I was a kid. I thought the gore effects were awesome. The coolist thing about the films was telling your friends in grade school about all the gory scenes and nudity they wern't allowed to watch because their parents weren't as awesome as mine were.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Colorboy said:

Yep, this is one of the reasons why I uninstalled.  

 

 

3 hours ago, Luckystrike2778 said:

Nothing right now. PK's still run rampant. Love watching a game for 18 minutes in five diff lobbies with dumbasses who want to ruin a game

Save your negative comments for other threads. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Vaderspupil said:

Let me just say that I started playing this game, not because I'm a F13 fan(I've never seen a single F13 movie:o), I play it because of the cat & mouse aspect and the player interaction.  I essentially started following this game during the beta, watching Youtube & Twitch streamers play it and it looked like it was a blast to play.  I never thought I'd get the opportunity though since I didn't have a PC powerful enough to play it and I didn't have a PS4 or XBox1.  As a total surprise, I happened to receive a PS4 for my birthday in June and I've pretty much played this game non stop since.  The bugs don't phase me because I'm used to massive online multiplayer games with bugs.  Before this, my favorite game was Marvel Avengers Alliance on Facebook and it too had the kind of issues Gun is facing.  It eventually was shut down despite it's immense popularity, but that's because Disney Interactive decided to go in a different direction with their games.  I know stuff like this is going to happen and that Gun is doing their best to try to fix it. It's not an instant process.  It takes time because there are so many moving parts.  They are not just sitting back and counting their money as others on here are claiming. I'm patiently waiting for more content and bug fixes, but I'm currently having a blast with the game as it is right now.

Does the game make you want to watch the films?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Vaderspupil If you do watch the movies, I suggest Parts 1 through 3. The game's maps are based on those films and that alone would make them interesting to watch because you've already been to those places in a way.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Besides the fact that my favorite slasher franchise was brought to life, I've met some really great people in the community. What is right about the game is the atmosphere, the immersion, and the great attention to detail in regards to the movies. And when it works and people act right, it's one of the most fun games I've played. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just like the fact they made this game possible 28 years later. Despite its flaws, it is still fun to play. I'm not complaining about the devs, because they are trying to make it the way it's supposed to be played. We're lucky we're even playing at all. At least ps4 and pc. Xbox one has yet to play decently, but give it time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I grew up watching these films and Jason has always been my favorite 80's slasher. 

Playing a game based on the movies is great, but the attention to detail makes it even better. I watched part 2 again after playing the game and it was really cool seeing how the map reflects from the movie.

I also like that each match can be very different in it's outcome, gameplay and player interaction (although it has been mostly negative lately).

Really looking forward to the single player aspect and being able to play as Jason, spend time to meandering around the environment, take in all of the detail and appreciate all of the references to the films.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, A.J. Mason said:

Does the game make you want to watch the films?

Thinking about it. :)

7 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

@Vaderspupil If you do watch the movies, I suggest Parts 1 through 3. The game's maps are based on those films and that alone would make them interesting to watch because you've already been to those places in a way.

I would watch them in order, so 1-3 would be at the top of the list.  Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the Friday the 13th game that I wanted. 

This game was made BY fans FOR fans and it shows in all of the little details. 

My first experiences with the movies were through VHS, and being the proud owner of a still-working VCR, I still revisit the Jason, Freddy, Leatherface, and friends on my old worn out tapes. For me, the little feedback scratches are a masterful touch and make it real for me. 

I love that a generic 'Jason' wasn't concocted and that we can run from or stalk as a number of stunning representations of Pamela's boy. Bringing Hodder, Manfredini, and Savini for shows a true commitment to the property.

The atmosphere is perfect. The settings are gorgeous. The possibilities for the future are tantalizing.

I fricking LOVE this game!

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just like ppl have said it's like your in one of the movies as a player what's better than that? The Jason's are all pretty amazing looking & fun to play as. The counselors are cool n interesting as well. 

The game only has 3 maps so far but it still hasn't gotten boring for me because it's just so well made. It will be so exciting when new maps come out, can't wait for that. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In all honesty the only thing I like is playing Jason and killing people.

All I ever wanted.

Teams and stuff isn't my thing.

Which is why once singleplayer comes I won't touch multiplayer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On July 21, 2017 at 0:34 AM, Alien_Number_Six said:

 

Save your negative comments for other threads. 

Save your energy for who gives a shit. A questioned was asked and i answered like many others answered in their own way. Go back to your mothership. ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...