Sign in to follow this  
Tommy86

Console Framerate Question

I've been watching some streams of F13 on PC, and the 60fps really makes the game look much better. It's shame we only see half that for consoles. I understand it's for performance reasons, but I honestly would've preferred the 60fps with lower resolution if necessary to balance it out. Smooth, full motion makes the game a lot more immersive and is more important IMO.  

Anyway my question is - do you guys think this is something we can expect an update for in the future, and more importantly, is it even possible at this stage? I'd really like to think so.

3 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

I've been watching some streams of F13 on PC, and the 60fps really makes the game look much better. It's shame we only see half that for consoles. I understand it's for performance reasons, but I honestly would've preferred the 60fps with lower resolution if necessary to balance it out. Smooth, full motion makes the game a lot more immersive and is more important IMO.  

Anyway my question is - do you guys think this is something we can expect an update for in the future, and more importantly, is it even possible at this stage? I'd really like to think so.

No, that won't change. Can't downgrade the visual fidelity much more than they already have. To achieve 60fps they'd have to strip away a lot of textures, which are already really lacking when compared to PC.

Won't happen even if they wanted to. It takes a lot of work to optimize resolution, texture/lighting, and fps on consoles. It's a balancing act.

10 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

No, that won't change. Can't downgrade the visual fidelity much more than they already have. To achieve 60fps they'd have to strip away a lot of textures, which are already really lacking when compared to PC.

Won't happen even if they wanted to. It takes a lot of work to optimize resolution, texture/lighting, and fps on consoles. It's a balancing act.

No doubt it takes a lot of work. Although perhaps the game is just poorly optimised on consoles at this stage. Regarding textures / detail, again I personally wouldn't mind a slight decrease if that's what was necessary. I think double the motion would more than make up for it. But that's just me. 

3 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

No doubt it takes a lot of work. Although perhaps the game is just poorly optimised on consoles at this stage. Regarding textures / detail, again I personally wouldn't mind a slight decrease if that's what was necessary. I think double the motion would more than make up for it. But that's just me. 

They said the max they could do is 45 fps on ps4 pro.

7 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

The game runs on Unreal engine. The engine is quite hard to properly optimize on consoles with multi million dollar AAA titles let alone indie crowdfunded game like this.

6 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

They said the max they could do is 45 fps on ps4 pro.

Are you sure about this? I don't remember the PS4 Pro specs from memory but I would think it would be able to handle F13 at 60fps. Unless you are bumping up the resolution to 4K, which I could understand why it wouldn't be realistic.

5 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

Are you sure about this? I don't remember the PS4 Pro specs from memory but I would think it would be able to handle F13 at 60fps. Unless you are bumping up the resolution to 4K, which I could understand why it wouldn't be realistic.

They stated that somewhere but i'm too lazy to find the quote. I believe it was either Wes or Ben.