I've never seen someone leave for being Jason. I don't doubt that it happens, but most people look froward to it.

With a thread title like that I expected talk about the RNG, but i've noticed the preferred selection doesn't really matter sometimes.

I have noticed that the RNG for Jason is a little off. For example, when I'm in a lobby for a good amount of games (max was 6 before crash), i've noticed that the new guy who joins is usually Jason before other people who have been in the lobby longer. This should be the opposite with players who have been in the lobby longer, and haven't been Jason, they should be prioritized over new people who just joined.

Not sure if it's the same case for other platforms. But I would like the RNG reworked. Not immediately since there's bigger fish to fry, but eventually.

3 minutes ago, Campkill said:

No. What I'm saying is- out of hundreds of games I've played I've never once seen someone leave cus they are Jason. And I'm doubting you ever have either. 

Even if you did, it couldn't be more than a handful of times. 

Youre complaining about a non-issue. Like you usually do. 

People leaving cus they don't want to be Jason!? HAHAHAHA. oh yah. All the time. Suuuuure. Lol. Adorable. 

I literally had it happen 6 times yesterday.  I'm keeping track via the ninja badge.  I started yesterday at 38 ninja victories, I never complete matches by hiding or juking for 20 minutes straight, never.  So every time that badge has advanced it's because a Jason rage quit or quit at the start of the match.  I'm up to 46 as of the end of yesterday.  Once the Jason rage quit later in the match, once because a 4 seater car escaped on him, and once the Jason got homerun glitched (I was an unarmed passenger in the car after I'd already used my shotgun on him (as Deb, not Tommy before you go on that tirade), so it wasn't me).  The other 6 times, were Jason quitting the instant he was selected (if they were the only person in the lobby with that Jason selected) or within the first minute of the match.  That's what prompted me to make the thread,   6 times in 1 day people quitting instantly after being selected as Jason.  That's not to mention the few times where so many people quit after they were NOT Jason that I had to quit too because the game was going to be unplayable for a counselor with only 3 people at the start of a match, I imagine the other 2 people quit as well.

33 minutes ago, I Hate Spectate said:

I literally had it happen 6 times yesterday.  I'm keeping track via the ninja badge.  I started yesterday at 38 ninja victories, I never complete matches by hiding or juking for 20 minutes straight, never.  So every time that badge has advanced it's because a Jason rage quit or quit at the start of the match.  I'm up to 46 as of the end of yesterday.  Once the Jason rage quit later in the match, once because a 4 seater car escaped on him, and once the Jason got homerun glitched (I was an unarmed passenger in the car after I'd already used my shotgun on him (as Deb, not Tommy before you go on that tirade), so it wasn't me).  The other 6 times, were Jason quitting the instant he was selected (if they were the only person in the lobby with that Jason selected) or within the first minute of the match.  That's what prompted me to make the thread,   6 times in 1 day people quitting instantly after being selected as Jason.  That's not to mention the few times where so many people quit after they were NOT Jason that I had to quit too because the game was going to be unplayable for a counselor with only 3 people at the start of a match, I imagine the other 2 people quit as well.

Are your friends buying this game yet? They need to get on it as playing in private matches will eliminate most of your problems. 

However I agree you shouldn't have to rely on private matches to have a quality experience. The dropouts when not spawning as Jason and rage quitters is indeed frustrating. I haven't seen any Jason's quit after spawn but I'm sure it's out there. If it can happen, it is happening.  

Luckily I have some solid folks on PS4 to play with most of the time.

Just now, rickyount02 said:

Are your friends buying this game yet? They need to get on it as playing in private matches will eliminate most of your problems. 

However I agree you shouldn't have to rely on private matches to have a quality experience. The dropouts when not spawning as Jason and rage quitters is indeed frustrating. I haven't seen any Jason's quit after spawn but I'm sure it's out there. If it can happen, it is happening.  

Luckily I have some solid folks on PS4 to play with most of the time.

I have one that's interested but he's holding off for a sale because he doesn't think it's worth $40 and he's hoping some of the game breaking glitches get fixed.  I don't stream but I allow my friends to watch my broadcast so several of them have watched, and what they saw kind of turned them off with some of the really bad glitches and with how often you get stuck in lobbies with non english speakers.  Part of the reason I'm constantly making suggestions is because I'm also taking their feedback into account from just watching.  and because I want the game to get to a point where my friends will actually buy it.

3 minutes ago, I Hate Spectate said:

I have one that's interested but he's holding off for a sale because he doesn't think it's worth $40 and he's hoping some of the game breaking glitches get fixed.  I don't stream but I allow my friends to watch my broadcast so several of them have watched, and what they saw kind of turned them off with some of the really bad glitches and with how often you get stuck in lobbies with non english speakers.  Part of the reason I'm constantly making suggestions is because I'm also taking their feedback into account from just watching.  and because I want the game to get to a point where my friends will actually buy it.

While the problems that still exist in the game are indeed troublesome, it's kind of a catch 22. 

If you are in a private lobby it's not nearly as frustrating when glitches occur. It ends up being more humorous than anything. Partly because everyone has mics and you can understand them.

2 minutes ago, rickyount02 said:

While the problems that still exist in the game are indeed troublesome, it's kind of a catch 22. 

If you are in a private lobby it's not nearly as frustrating when glitches occur. It ends up being more humorous than anything. Partly because everyone has mics and you can understand them.

that and you know friends won't deliberately abuse glitches or leave game on you whether mid kill, or at the start of the match, and even if you spawn at the phone cabin, because it's a friend they'll probably not tunnel you at the start, they might screw with you a bit but ultimately you'll actually get to play, I mean I get it, but 

Quick matches/public games still need to be a viable option and some of the most glaring things that ruin the game in public matches should be addressed.

3 minutes ago, I Hate Spectate said:

that and you know friends won't deliberately abuse glitches or leave game on you whether mid kill, or at the start of the match, and even if you spawn at the phone cabin, because it's a friend they'll probably not tunnel you at the start, they might screw with you a bit but ultimately you'll actually get to play, I mean I get it, but 

Quick matches/public games still need to be a viable option and some of the most glaring things that ruin the game in public matches should be addressed.

Agreed....I know, I can't believe it either.

Host migration would be a big start. And I think the memory leak issues are mostly fixed so a time out or cool down for rage quitters could be solid but I don't know if it's viable.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rickyount02 said:

Agreed....I know, I can't believe it either.

Host migration would be a big start. And I think the memory leak issues are mostly fixed so a time out or cool down for rage quitters could be solid but I don't know if it's viable.

No host migration for a commercially released online multiplayer only game in 2017 is pretty much unforgivable, and like I said in other threads, I know it's 100x worse on console where the host can basically hold Jason hostage.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Campkill said:

No. What I'm saying is- out of hundreds of games I've played I've never once seen someone leave cus they are Jason. And I'm doubting you ever have either. 

Even if you did, it couldn't be more than a handful of times. 

Youre complaining about a non-issue. Like you usually do. 

People leaving cus they don't want to be Jason!? HAHAHAHA. oh yah. All the time. Suuuuure. Lol. Adorable. 

I only post to lie about my experiences. It is my personal mission to bring down this game one complaint at a time. Is it logical? No. Does it fit your narrative that every suggestion and criticism doesn't reflect your experience which is the actual truth of the game? Yes. Have you derailed multiple topics in less than 24 hours? Yup.

On topic, I have seen this many times. Two notable examples was a woman that was hilarious being picked as Jason when she had it set as Counselor. She killed everyone, but was yelling after the match that she didn't want to be him, had her preference set, etc. I had not been Jason that night, nor had the person playing with me. Another was a kid, he was notable because of his accent and how he kept getting picked every other game as Jason even though he had his preference set as Counselor too. He said he sucked as Jason. He was correct. But they both stuck around.

Given that we get kicked from the game if the host is dc'ed, quits, etc...it makes it difficult to tell why they left unless there were clear signs from the lobby or voice chat in the MOST PERFECT CUT SCENE EVER THAT I NEVER GOT SICK OF BECAUSE EVERYTHING IS COOL WHEN YOU'RE PART OF THE TEAM! (yes. I was yelling at the end...thanks for noticing)

• Like 1

The other day I was forced to quit as Jason when the screen froze on me during the intro cutscene.  It sucked because I wanted to be him.  There are some night where I'm randomly picked as Jason multiple times and others when I don't get to be him at all.  I have my preference set to Jason.

1 hour ago, Vaderspupil said:

The other day I was forced to quit as Jason when the screen froze on me during the intro cutscene.  It sucked because I wanted to be him.  There are some night where I'm randomly picked as Jason multiple times and others when I don't get to be him at all.  I have my preference set to Jason.

Haven't heard of this before but I guess that could be a factor, I just know that sometimes I see the person selected as Jason and they immediately leave the match before it even starts.

Are you sure they are ragequitting because they're Jason? Because I tend to dashboard way more frequently whenever I'm Jason. Though, caveat -- only when I'm doing well. If they're schooling me, I tend to last the entire match. Go figure.

48 minutes ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

Are you sure they are ragequitting because they're Jason? Because I tend to dashboard way more frequently whenever I'm Jason. Though, caveat -- only when I'm doing well. If they're schooling me, I tend to last the entire match. Go figure.

That sounds like hosts ragequitting on you.  If you're on console it's more prevalent on PC (and on PC it doesn't always crash the match, I've seen hosts ragequit and everyone gets dropped and I've seen hosts ragequit and things continued as normal on PC, I don't understand it myself.)  because of the peer to peer matchmaking that consoles use rather than dedicated servers, in fact on console because they know how much power the host has, hosts will threaten Jason with crashing the match and basically hold Jason hostage.

1 minute ago, I Hate Spectate said:

That sounds like hosts ragequitting on you.  If you're on console it's more prevalent on PC (and on PC it doesn't always crash the match, I've seen hosts ragequit and everyone gets dropped and I've seen hosts ragequit and things continued as normal on PC, I don't understand it myself.)  because of the peer to peer matchmaking that consoles use rather than dedicated servers, in fact on console because they know how much power the host has, hosts will threaten Jason with crashing the match and basically hold Jason hostage.

That's so lame. But that's one of the reasons I don't host. Not so I can ragequit, but if my system did bonk out, I wouldn't want everyone thinking I ragequit. Too much pressure, man. System's too unstable.

17 hours ago, I Hate Spectate said:

You seem to have really bad luck or a habit at exaggeration. 

I'm over 350 hours played and never once has someone left cus they are Jason. 

And people quitting to get Jason? Maybe happened 2-3 times. 

I find it funny you seem to know why all these people left. Did each one say on mic "im leaving cus I'm not Jason" or "I'm leaving cus I'm Jason"?

sorry but. Bullshit. 

14 hours ago, Ban_All_Music said:

I only post to lie about my experiences. It is my personal mission to bring down this game one complaint at a time. Is it logical? No. Does it fit your narrative that every suggestion and criticism doesn't reflect your experience which is the actual truth of the game? Yes. Have you derailed multiple topics in less than 24 hours? Yup.

On topic, I have seen this many times. Two notable examples was a woman that was hilarious being picked as Jason when she had it set as Counselor. She killed everyone, but was yelling after the match that she didn't want to be him, had her preference set, etc. I had not been Jason that night, nor had the person playing with me. Another was a kid, he was notable because of his accent and how he kept getting picked every other game as Jason even though he had his preference set as Counselor too. He said he sucked as Jason. He was correct. But they both stuck around.

Given that we get kicked from the game if the host is dc'ed, quits, etc...it makes it difficult to tell why they left unless there were clear signs from the lobby or voice chat in the MOST PERFECT CUT SCENE EVER THAT I NEVER GOT SICK OF BECAUSE EVERYTHING IS COOL WHEN YOU'RE PART OF THE TEAM! (yes. I was yelling at the end...thanks for noticing)

Cool story bro ?

32 minutes ago, Campkill said:

I find it funny you seem to know why all these people left. Did each one say on mic "im leaving cus I'm not Jason" or "I'm leaving cus I'm Jason"?

sorry but. Bullshit. 

I just said I was keeping track using the badge.  But go ahead and sling around accusations of lying, or better yet, GTFO.  You think the game is perfect, you shouldn't even be in the suggestions forum, you should be fucking right the hell off, because this forum has nothing of any use to you.

On 7/18/2017 at 8:05 PM, I Hate Spectate said:

No preference players should ONLY get selected as Jason if no Jason preferred players are in the lobby.  Counselor preference players should ONLY get selected as Jason if there are no Jason preferred players OR no "no preference" players.

There's 0 reason for it to be the way it is now which is causing people to leave matches at the start.

I agree. This or increase the XP gain that counselors get. That's the main reason a lot of people prefer Jason. It's an easy win plus a lot of XP. I have my preference set to Jason (not because I want easy wins and XP, I like playing as the big bad guys like Jason in F13 and the Monster in Evolve in games) and I've gotten Jason one to two times in recent sessions. The last two sessions I've had resulted in me playing three counselor games back to back. Sometimes I've gotten him twice playing with the same people and I'm fine with that. I don't like play counselor that much. I've thought about leaving games if I've already been counselor 2 or 3 times. It gets boring just having to spectate   after a little while. I want to be Jason, not run around trying to survive him and then escape just so I can watch everyone else until they either die, escape, or the time runs out for over an hour until I finally get Jason, then I have to wait another 1-2 hours to be Jason again.

Hows this to get you feverish- the game has minor problems to be fixed. The player base has dropped very slightly compared to most games, and Gun hasn't been silent in the least (they been tweeting all week). 

Can we be friends? Most of your posts in this topic have been a breath of fresh air compared to the usual fare.

Just wanted to add my 2 cents to this:

I'm level 52 now but for the first 40 levels I HATED being Jason and got huge anxiety from it. I would always quit straight away if I was selected as him (having a counselor preference set). I didn't feel too bad because everyone else got at least 500xp for a short match.

I've since chosen to learn and embrace being Jason and now I love it. I've switched to having him as a preference too, but I can attest to seeing plenty of people quit when they are chosen as Jason.

Moving forward I do agree with the OPs idea! I wish I had never been a quitter earlier on in my F13 career.

On 7/19/2017 at 8:25 PM, Campkill said:

sorry but. Bullshit.

Well, I have 393 hours played and I'd say about 50% of the games I've played, at least one player bails as soon as we see which Jason was selected. So, no, they don't say "I'm not Jason, I'm leaving." However, seeing as they weren't Jason and that they did leave at the exact moment they could have realized that, I don't find it hard to believe that is the reason.

As for people leaving because they are Jason, I've never seen it. I have had a handful of matches that ended the moment it started. I always chalked that up to a disconnect, but I suppose it's possible one or two of them left because they didn't want to play Jason. Seems unlikely to me, but I love playing Jason. I did hear one player pre-match say that they would quit if they were Jason, but they weren't, so I never got to find out if they were serious.

Officially Rage quit the game tonight, since if playing a counselor 17 $%^&$@ times, even while having Jason as spawn preference isn't crap enough, I finally get to play Jason on my 18th game, only to have that taken away from me because "Connection to the game data could not be established" or some random crap - 3 minutes in, and I get booted to dashboard. 18 games for ONE Jason game, and I get the dashboard boot, because $#&% you, person!

@!#*&^&!@*&%^y67!%*!@^Y25789(*!&@%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In one of the many threads that discuss this topic I explained why it works the way it does. It's Basically just lazy programming. I'll look for post later and put here. But I agree  that they need to change the selection system. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Why is this an issue again?

Too many counselors leaving match right at the beginning makes a match pretty much impossible for counselors to play, and Jason quitting right at the start of the match ends the match, so it's just a waste of time.