I Hate Spectate

When will we see these game breaking bugs fixed?

1 hour ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

Both of the generations you speak of didn't have the option to patch so they had to be glitch free in order to release. That's also why higher end games took 4 years to complete a lot of the time. Those games also had less code in their entire cartridge than most games have in a single map now a days so less bugs could occur. Not sure if you've ever coded anything, but the complexity involved with even making a character move around in and interact with a 3 dimensional world is way more difficult than making a character move on a 2 dimensional plane like games in the 80's and early 90's did. Honestly it just seems like you're looking at the old days through rose colored glasses. Broken games didn't just starting happening in the days of modems and hard drives. The 1980's and 90's had plenty of shitty, broken titles. Hell, Angry Video Game Nerd has made a career out of covering those titles. 

LJN and Acclaim are just two examples of companies that succeeding in selling bad games for well over a decade during those days... Acclaim survived for almost four console generations releasing such top notch hits as Rambo (NES), Total Recall (NES), Legends of Wrestling (PS2), WWF Warzone (N64,PSX), NFL QB Club (Multi), South Park (N64), and Forsaken (N64,PSX). Both companies released licensed garbage for years cause it was easy to quickly produce something loosely connected to the IP and usually guaranteed to sell at least enough to turn a profit.

Also, the fact that you try to use the Official Nintendo Seal just kills any creditability your argument has. Anyone with a decent knowledge of video game history knows that all the Nintendo Seal of Approval meant is that the game developer paid Nintendo their licensing fees. The only thing Nintendo checked for was that the games had met quality control standards in terms of basic programming and that the games would be suitable for the entire family and thus free of objectionable content. So basically as long as it booted up and didn't have anything adult themed, it got the go ahead. That's why games like Fist of the North Star, X-Men, Where's Waldo, and Heroes of the Lance were able to obtain approval even though they're barely playable.  

The whole reason non-licensed games like the Wisdom Tree titles and Tengen Tetris existed is because some coders found a way to get around Nintendo's lockout chip that is installed into every NES and they used that work around to avoid paying Nintendo their cut of the money and avoid having to agree to Nintendo's very oppressive licensing terms. The seal of approval from Nintendo was worth about as much as an I.O.U. from a drug addict back then. Here's some info if you want to study up on the history of Nintendo's monopoly back then. http://gaming.wikia.com/wiki/Nintendo_Seal_of_Quality

Fantastic post. Fun read. 

Yeah I can't remember a single NES game that legitimately crashed other than freezing up and needing the cartridge to be blown on (that's just a dirty cartridge, not an actual glitch).  I mean there could be small glitches like your sprite turning invisible if there were too many things on the screen and you got hit, the game could completely slow down if there were too many sprites on the screen, or if the game had a password system you could develop passwords that put you into situations that made the game incompletable but that's on you for screwing with the password system (Mega Man 2 had a password like that that put you in Dr Wily's Castle but without the Item 1 and 2 powerups, so you couldn't actually get through Wily's castle, but you could not get that password through normal play, you had to mess with the password system, Castlevania III I think also had some wonky passwords you could hack and make the game unplayable, again though, you wouldn't get those passwords through normal play)

Here we're talking about game breaking bugs that ARE triggered through normal play.

7 minutes ago, I Hate Spectate said:

Yeah I can't remember a single NES game that legitimately crashed other than freezing up and needing the cartridge to be blown on (that's just a dirty cartridge, not an actual glitch).  I mean there could be small glitches like your sprite turning invisible if there were too many things on the screen and you got hit, the game could completely slow down if there were too many sprites on the screen, or if the game had a password system you could develop passwords that put you into situations that made the game incompletable but that's on you for screwing with the password system (Mega Man 2 had a password like that that put you in Dr Wily's Castle but without the Item 1 and 2 powerups, so you couldn't actually get through Wily's castle, but you could not get that password through normal play, you had to mess with the password system, Castlevania III I think also had some wonky passwords you could hack and make the game unplayable, again though, you wouldn't get those passwords through normal play)

Here we're talking about game breaking bugs that ARE triggered through normal play.

You do know you can google "NES glitches" and learn a robust history of them? You have the internet bud. 

Its a little more accurate than your "memory". 

1 minute ago, Campkill said:

You do know you can google "NES glitches" and learn a robust history of them? You have the internet bud. 

Its a little more accurate than your "memory". 

I keep bringing up specific examples, you keep fanboying it up and brown nosing and aren't able to come up with a single specific example, be honest, how old are you, 22?  23?  You grew up when it was okay for Developers to push out beta tests as retail products.

4 minutes ago, I Hate Spectate said:

I keep bringing up specific examples, you keep fanboying it up and brown nosing and aren't able to come up with a single specific example, be honest, how old are you, 22?  23?  You grew up when it was okay for Developers to push out beta tests as retail products.

I'm 24 and grew up with PS2 games but had other consoles like the N64 the old school Nintendo and the Sega. So I know a bit about how games were a bit better then what we have now. Today people forget games had to be patched and tested before being shipped out. One mistake could ruin the game. Now patches can be sent out which have fixed some bugs. Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5 had some bugs that gotten fixed from the old PS2 days which I find good. There are downsides to this generation. Assassin's creed Unity is one we all remember, that game was horrible when released and it took so many patches before the game was playable. I'm not against patches if there is something in the game that does need fix but there shouldn't be so many glitches at the start. 

29 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

I'm 24 and grew up with PS2 games but had other consoles like the N64 the old school Nintendo and the Sega. So I know a bit about how games were a bit better then what we have now. Today people forget games had to be patched and tested before being shipped out. One mistake could ruin the game. Now patches can be sent out which have fixed some bugs. Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5 had some bugs that gotten fixed from the old PS2 days which I find good. There are downsides to this generation. Assassin's creed Unity is one we all remember, that game was horrible when released and it took so many patches before the game was playable. I'm not against patches if there is something in the game that does need fix but there shouldn't be so many glitches at the start. 

The game breaking ones should be patched out before release, and host migration should have been at release as well.  It doesn't seem AS bad on PC as it is on consoles because there are dedicated servers but sure enough just this last match I was playing Jason, I was stalking in the phone cabin because 2 people were trying to fix the phones and suddenly a Kenny crawled in through the window right next to me, I grabbed him, dunked his head in the fireplace and.... connection to host lost.

Well, 287 hours played and 101 levels later, I can safely say at this point, the concept and presentation of the game is fantastic.  It captures all the nostalgia of the movies and the premise is fantastic.  However, we have quite a few game breaking bugs right now which need to be addressed but I feel are not being done.  I know when people were terrain exploiting and climbing on the roof of Packanack, they jumped on that in a hurry to fix it, and that Thick Skin nerf I felt was a bit unnecessary.  But here is a list of some that seem to be on the backburner.

Jason being able to combat+block through traps, fireworks, flare guns 

Counselors being able to stack and install trapped items is an issue as well

I'm not sure if its meant as a bug or not, but I'll list Counselors being able to play "ring around the rosey" with Jason at places such as the fence lines at the Barn in Higgins Haven, or the three side by side tables in large cabins that are pretty much in a location on every map.

Homerun Bug (yah, gonna toss that one in there too, even though its less of an issue than the first two, and possibly the 3rd if considered a bug or exploit or whatever)

I listed pretty much are ones that are being used or show up during a match on a regular basis and kill the spirit of the game's design. Sure I could discuss balance issues from my point of view, but those are small in comparison to the few I listed here.

The content is fine for now, I feel the Jason power pools are fairly balanced (grabs may be a bit off, but then again, that's an opinion thing more than an actual glitch or game breaking mechanic)  I could also state that water speed increase or slower water movement speed really doesn't affect the match too much, because as of right now, water speed doesn't matter unless a boat is in play, and even then, a lot of times with good planning, you can keep the boat from even launching.

Only thing I wish to see though are the big glitches fixed as soon as possible.  Those are the ones that are crippling gameplay.  I guess I haven't experienced the server migration issues since I'm not playing on console, but to those with those problems, I can definitely feel your pain.

5 hours ago, I Hate Spectate said:

The game breaking ones should be patched out before release, and host migration should have been at release as well.  It doesn't seem AS bad on PC as it is on consoles because there are dedicated servers but sure enough just this last match I was playing Jason, I was stalking in the phone cabin because 2 people were trying to fix the phones and suddenly a Kenny crawled in through the window right next to me, I grabbed him, dunked his head in the fireplace and.... connection to host lost.

I agree. Game breaking bugs should be patched. Host Migration should have been a thing at start. My main issue with this game is just the Host Migration and traps being bypassed but it is what it is for now, I'm giving them some time before I just find a bunch of players and just play private for awhile. 

8 hours ago, Ghostboy20 said:

I agree. Game breaking bugs should be patched. Host Migration should have been a thing at start. My main issue with this game is just the Host Migration and traps being bypassed but it is what it is for now, I'm giving them some time before I just find a bunch of players and just play private for awhile. 

The trap bypass exploit is annoying but not really game breaking.  I am finding more often than my traps aren't being popped at the car because you normally only need 1 at the battery maybe 1 at the gas just to alert you that it's being fixed.  but when you never get a notification not even on your map and just hear "vroom vroom" it kind of sucks but you can still stop it and I like fights around the car anyway.  Lately I've been getting a glitch where if I shift in front of the car but the car is turning even slightly when I'm in front of it, it just pushes me away to the side instead of stopping the car, I get some weird jerky rubber banding animation and slide sideways out of the way, which has unfortunately let the car go at times.. but what can you do.. all you can really do is hope drivers drive straight instead of constantly turning while you're shifting I guess.

@I Hate Spectate agree to disagree and move it on. People have different opinions. Just because they do not coincide with your own does not mean they are wrong nor does it mean your opinion is wrong. It's a disagreement calling people "brown nosers" or "fan boys" does not move the conversation along. Post constructively and with purpose. Do not post as a means to attempt to demean someone who disagrees with you. I was pretty clear in my last post hopefully we can now resolve this. 

Just now, JPops said:

@I Hate Spectate agree to disagree and move it on. People have different opinions. Just because they do not coincide with your own does not mean they are wrong nor does it mean your opinion is wrong. It's a disagreement calling people "brown nosers" or "fan boys" does not move the conversation along. Post constructively and with purpose. Do not post as a means to attempt to demean someone who disagrees with you. I was pretty clear in my last post hopefully we can now resolve this. 

The douche follows me around to every thread I make or post in to deliberately make confrontation with me.  He's being just as inflammatory as I am back to him but because he's defending the developers/publishers you choose not to see it and side with him.

8 minutes ago, I Hate Spectate said:

The douche follows me around to every thread I make or post in to deliberately make confrontation with me.  He's being just as inflammatory as I am back to him but because he's defending the developers/publishers you choose not to see it and side with him.

You really think I actually follow you around? Lol. Oh man...

No dude. I read the forum. If I see something stupid- I comment. If I see something awesome- I comment. 

Since ive been on this board you have directly insulted me dozens of times. And it's getting boring. 

Heres some facts- you said over a month ago this game is total shit and you're done with it cus it's "unplayable". Yet here you are daily moaning about every single aspect of the game. 

Sir, I'm no douche. And I kindly order you to stop saying such things about me or anyone here. 

You want to whine and cry, go ahead. But keep it clean.

Thanks bud. 

59 minutes ago, I Hate Spectate said:

I am not siding with anyone I asked that you both agree to disagree and move on. I don't care who is supporting what side. Pages upon pages of back and forth to one another is not constructive. That remains the point here. 

Just now, JPops said:

I am not siding with anyone I asked that you both agree to disagree and move on. I don't care who is supporting what side. Pages upon pages of back and forth to one another is not constructive. That remains the point here. 

Awe come on JPops. It was getting interesting. 

giphy-downsized-large.gif

2 minutes ago, JPops said:

Yeah I don't see you telling him to lay off, it's all targeted at me.  *I'm* supposed to lay off but he can continue to antagonize me and "keep up the good work"

16 hours ago, I Hate Spectate said:

Blowing on the games was actually unnecessary in most instances. The reason NES cartridges wouldn't play was a misalignment of the 10-pin contacts because they don't sit flush in the tray that they slide into. 95% of the time a simple push to the left or right on the cartridge after it's been inserted into the system would align the contacts and the game would play just fine. Nintendo fixed that issue in the top loader by having no "wiggle room" for the contacts to be misaligned. Just a little nugget for the next time you pull out an NES and get that annoying blinking screen. 

If you really want some examples of NES glitches though, I did the google search for you and as luck would have it some random guy has a site devoted to compiling all the NES glitches he can find. 
http://davidwonn.kontek.net/nes.html 

1 minute ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

Blowing on the games was actually unnecessary in most instances. The reason NES cartridges wouldn't play was a misalignment of the 10-pin contacts because they don't sit flush in the tray that they slide into. 95% of the time a simple push to the left or right on the cartridge after it's been inserted into the system would align the contacts and the game would play just fine. Nintendo fixed that issue in the top loader by having no "wiggle room" for the contacts to be misaligned. Just a little nugget for the next time you pull out an NES and get that annoying blinking screen. 

If you really want some examples of NES glitches though, I did the google search for you and as luck would have it some random guy has a site devoted to compiling all the NES glitches he can find. 
http://davidwonn.kontek.net/nes.html 

We all know that blowing on the cartridges works!

firstblow.jpg

Though you're probably right, the act of just reinserting the cartridge after blowing on it probably did more to fix the problem than the blowing itself unless there really was dust on the contacts, just realigning the pins.  

The SNES didn't have the same problems with that because #1 being a top loader it probably did the same thing that the top loader NES did, eliminating any wiggle room, and #2, game cartridges all came with dust covers to prevent them from getting dirty.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, I Hate Spectate said:

Yeah I don't see you telling him to lay off, it's all targeted at me.  *I'm* supposed to lay off but he can continue to antagonize me and "keep up the good work"

I think it's pretty clear that the message is intended for both if you. It takes two participant's for a back and forth. However with your initial comment I asked that you tone it down. Then I come back and see that you are still continuing on. Let's stop the buck here and continue with the topic. And yes, that is directed to both of you.

Most important glitch to fix is items like the fuse not being able to be picked up. Better since the last ps4 update, but it still happens.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, malloymk said:

Most important glitch to fix is items like the fuse not being able to be picked up. Better since the last ps4 update, but it still happens.

I don't know if it's the MOST important but it'd be in the top 3 along with homerun and host migration.

The boat+sweater glitch is bad too but because that one has to be done deliberately you can pretty much ban every streamer who does that one in public games.

12 minutes ago, I Hate Spectate said:

The boat+sweater glitch is bad too but because that one has to be done deliberately you can pretty much ban every streamer who does that one in public games.

What is this? I don't think i've seen it yet.

11 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

What is this? I don't think i've seen it yet.

I've only seen it done once, by a pretty famous streamer for this game, the Jason involved was not a willing participant it was done in a public game, when I threatened to report him he took down his stream and deleted the videos for his last session.  It was truly classy.

anyway I'm not entirely sure how it works but when it happened I fixed the boat and one of the streamer orbiters stole it from right under me and headed BACK up the map towards the graveyard (on higgins), he then picked up his famous streamer buddy, who had picked up the sweater, they were talking on walkie talkie about how they were going to kill Jason using the boat, so they lured him out, in the middle of the water and suddenly the match ended and the streamer and his orbiters were all laughing while the Jason was pissed as fuck for being exploited on.  That really struck a sour note with me because #1, they stole my escape, and #2, they ended the game with an exploit that they did on purpose just to get more "likes and subscribes" god streamers are fucking cancer.

6 minutes ago, I Hate Spectate said:

I've only seen it done once, by a pretty famous streamer for this game, the Jason involved was not a willing participant it was done in a public game, when I threatened to report him he took down his stream and deleted the videos for his last session.  It was truly classy.

anyway I'm not entirely sure how it works but when it happened I fixed the boat and one of the streamer orbiters stole it from right under me and headed BACK up the map towards the graveyard (on higgins), he then picked up his famous streamer buddy, who had picked up the sweater, they were talking on walkie talkie about how they were going to kill Jason using the boat, so they lured him out, in the middle of the water and suddenly the match ended and the streamer and his orbiters were all laughing while the Jason was pissed as fuck for being exploited on.  That really struck a sour note with me because #1, they stole my escape, and #2, they ended the game with an exploit that they did on purpose just to get more "likes and subscribes" god streamers are fucking cancer.

How do you suppose this is done? Can the sweater be activated while in the boat passenger seat? Or is it that the sweater girl stands on top of the boat while it is in motion floating in the lake and when Jason shows up they spam the sweater stun and Jason falls to his death under the map while he's in the water or something?

18 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

How do you suppose this is done? Can the sweater be activated while in the boat passenger seat? Or is it that the sweater girl stands on top of the boat while it is in motion floating in the lake and when Jason shows up they spam the sweater stun and Jason falls to his death under the map while he's in the water or something?

I assume it's done by using the sweater on the boat and Jason will fall under the map. Seems plausible.

Let's inform our local mythbuster @Brigadius