Deeify

Falsely Accusing Everyone

3 minutes ago, ZooMalfunction said:

Doesn't it reduce noise pings when moving? Useful when creeping towards the police exit if so.

It also has very limited uses in visually hiding if you have sense perks and can occasionally duck a weapon swing in combat too.

Oh, duh. I forgot about MOVING, the most basic thing. You are right about this of course! And yeah it can help you duck out of sight sometimes in a cabin.

But, as far as benefiting any other mechanic like Sense avoidance or stamina, it's not useful at all.

Edited by Rydog
Oops meant to say Sense avoidance

Crouching refills stamina quicker. Period. Get a stop watch out.

4 minutes ago, Rok73 said:

I did, for every single counselor, multiple times, with and without the Restful perk. Here are the results. You are wrong.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Rydog said:

Oh, duh. I forgot about MOVING, the most basic thing. You are right about this of course! And yeah it can help you duck out of sight sometimes in a cabin.

But, as far as benefiting any other mechanic like Sense avoidance or stamina, it's not useful at all.

Isn't there a sense avoidance perk for croutching?  Like a chance to avoid sense if you're croutched?

1 minute ago, I ❤️ A.J. said:

Isn't there a sense avoidance perk for croutching?  Like a chance to avoid sense if you're croutched?

We tested this for Low Profile, yes. We could not tell a difference in Sense avoidance with it, crouching or not. I believe it increases crouching move speed and also gives you Sense avoidance, but it's poorly worded.

1 minute ago, Rydog said:

We tested this for Low Profile, yes. We could not tell a difference in Sense avoidance with it, crouching or not. I believe it increases crouching move speed and also gives you Sense avoidance, but it's poorly worded.

Well that kind of sucks.

9 minutes ago, Rydog said:

I did, for every single counselor, multiple times, with and without the Restful perk. Here are the results. You are wrong.

Alright, I have to admit I didn't take the times but I am very sure - with a couple of hundred matches played - that it absolutely cannot take LESS time to regain stamina when standing opposing to being crouched. Show me a video proof please. I'm on PS4 which shouldn't make a difference to PC normally.

8 minutes ago, Rok73 said:

Alright, I have to admit I didn't take the times but I am very sure - with a couple of hundred matches played - that it absolutely cannot take LESS time to regain stamina when standing opposing to being crouched. Show me a video proof please. I'm on PS4 which shouldn't make a difference to PC normally.

The difference is very visible. You can notice it even without stopwatch... just drain your stamina and stop and start crouching / standing up. The change in the speed of the stamina bar is extremely noticeable. I can 100% confirm that on both PC and PS4, stamina regenerates slower when crouching, It is much quicker while standing.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Rok73 said:

You don't even need a stopwatch.  You can visibly see that it takes longer to regain stamina while crouching.

26 minutes ago, Rok73 said:

Here are the relevant sections from my guide, which (along with everything else here) I have vetted exhaustively. Respectfully, I am not going to go out of my way to record a video for every little thing, as I have already been very careful to explain how I collected these results (so that others may easily repeat the steps, if they really want independent verification). For what it's worth, the difference between standing and crouching is only a 1.5 second difference, so it's not the biggest deal in the world. I myself did not believe this when I first saw it either -- obviously, it instinctively makes more sense that you would regenerate Stamina faster when crouching, right? -- so I was very thorough about verifying it with every single counselor.

STAMINA
This stat determines a counselor's overall Stamina pool, which is used for movement (jogging and sprinting) and combat (dodging). All of the data below was collected outdoors, with Jason far away, on main roads (where I could easily manage Fear with flashlights and lamp posts).

Stamina Regeneration
Here is approximately how long it takes to refill an empty Stamina bar at zero Fear. This is consistent for every counselor, including Tommy. The fact that Stamina regenerates at a consistent rate, regardless of Stamina score, suggests that the regen rate is strictly percentile-based.

• 9.5 seconds while standing still, with your flashlight on.
  • 10.5 seconds while standing still, under a lamp post.
  • 12 seconds while standing still, with your flashlight off.
  • 13.5 seconds while crouching. Yes, it takes longer to regen Stamina when you are crouching.

Fear affects Stamina regeneration substantially. At the highest Fear level, it takes approximately 26 seconds to regenerate a full Stamina bar while standing still, or approximately 30 seconds while crouching. In this state, flashlights and other light sources no longer help.

Restful
Here is how much an uncommon (yellow) Restful perk (+9% Stamina regen rate) improves your Stamina regeneration. As with regular Stamina gain, this is consistent for every counselor, including Tommy. I tested these numbers in the same way that I tested normal Stamina regen, outlined in the Stamina section.

• 8.75 seconds while standing still, with your flashlight on (normally 9.5 seconds).
  • 9 seconds while standing still, under a lamp post (normally 10.5 seconds).
  • 10.5 seconds while standing still, with your flashlight off (normally 12 seconds).
  • 12.5 seconds while crouching (normally 13.5 seconds).

38 minutes ago, Survival said:

The difference is very visible. You can notice it even without stopwatch... just drain your stamina and stop and start crouching / standing up. The change in the speed of the stamina bar is extremely noticeable. I can 100% confirm that on both PC and PS4, stamina regenerates slower when crouching, It is much quicker while standing.

I've always had the opposite impression. Am on holiday atm, will test when I'm back home.

4 hours ago, Rok73 said:

@Rydog is right in this instance Rok. Crouching does have a small but negative effect on stamina regeneration. The fastest way to regen stamina is to stand upright in a lit place with your flashlight on. Fear levels will directly influence how fast you regenerate stamina, and the flashlight has a small effect on fear gain and oddly enough also stamina regeneration speed. Whether or not it regenerates faster when you're in a lit place AND have the flashlight on I'm not sure, but I do know that using it outside works.

• Like 2

We had a group playing together in a full lobby and one of us was Jason and because we all had mics in my group and one of us was Jason, some guy immediately started calling us out for giving out locations. We use game chat for a reason, to play the game as it should be, not to help each other.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Benallan17 said:

We had a group playing together in a full lobby and one of us was Jason and because we all had mics in my group and one of us was Jason, some guy immediately started calling us out for giving out locations. We use game chat for a reason, to play the game as it should be, not to help each other.

Yeah but there is alot of people who hijack QPs and do exactly that. So I can't really blame the guy for not trusting you guys. It may only take a single one of you guys to go over his salt limits and... chances increase that someone will ghost/snitch/violate the ToS.

This is exactly why I bring up marking people in QuickPlay lobbies if they are in a party. So people that have an issue with that can just leave right away. At the moment it's extremely annoying to sift through people's profiles. Especially on Steam where the smartypants that do this shit deliberately just block their profiles from the public eye.

Don't get me wrong, I get what you are saying and it's quite unfortunate... but you also got to put into perspective where these accusations are coming from. It happens so often, people are just fed up with it. It's sad that you guys had to be the subject of that person's venting... but like I said, this could've been prevented by the people in charge... if they thought ahead...

6 hours ago, I ❤️ A.J. said:

Well that kind of sucks.

No, it's actually kind of awesome. It means the avoidance perk is ALWAYS on, not just when crouching.

It turns a questionable perk into a great one.

15 hours ago, Rydog said:

I think I have an epic/rare Low Profile perk that I run...so that sucks to hear. That also concerns me, maybe the other sense chance perks don't work. Have you tried the others yet @Rydog?

8 hours ago, ZooMalfunction said:

No, it's actually kind of awesome. It means the avoidance perk is ALWAYS on, not just when crouching.

It turns a questionable perk into a great one.

@Rydog Seems to be saying that the Low Profile avoidance perk didn't make a difference when Jason was using Sense (crouching and standing). So I don't think it's awesome :/

2 minutes ago, Googoomuck said:

@Rydog Seems to be saying that the Low Profile avoidance perk didn't make a difference when Jason was using Sense (crouching and standing). So I don't think it's awesome :/

The description for Low Profile is: "Faster movement while crouched, and a chance to avoid Jason's Sense ability." It's easy to assume that this means "Sense avoidance while crouched," but if you look at the sentence, those two bonuses seem to be very separate. Our tests with Low Profile seemed to not make any difference whatsoever, it was all the same whether crouching or standing.

As for other Sense avoidance perks: We ran some tests using a loadout with Low Profile, Level Headed, and Home Body totaling 53% Sense avoidance chance. Jason failed exactly 50% of his Sense checks, at all points throughout the game and all distances (up to and including looking right at the counselor through the door of Packanack Lodge). Crouching made no difference at all.

So, there is definitely some type of stacking effect to these perks. I don't have enough information to definitively conclude that the perks were stacking cleanly to 53% (not enough information to definitively know how the game's math works, and as we've seen with other perks, those % values aren't something that you can just take at face value), but equipping multiple Sense avoidance perks definitely gives you quite a decent chance of evading Jason's checks. I still wouldn't recommend taking them over other perks (since you're giving up very powerful options for only a CHANCE at avoiding Sense), but there you have it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rydog said:

The description for Low Profile is: "Faster movement while crouched, and a chance to avoid Jason's Sense ability." It's easy to assume that this means "Sense avoidance while crouched," but if you look at the sentence, those two bonuses seem to be very separate. Our tests with Low Profile seemed to not make any difference whatsoever, it was all the same whether crouching or standing.

As for other Sense avoidance perks: We ran some tests using a loadout with Low Profile, Level Headed, and Home Body totaling 53% Sense avoidance chance. Jason failed exactly 50% of his Sense checks, at all points throughout the game and all distances (up to and including looking right at the counselor through the door of Packanack Lodge). Crouching made no difference at all.

So, there is definitely some type of stacking effect to these perks. I don't have enough information to definitively conclude that the perks were stacking cleanly to 53% (not enough information to definitively know how the game's math works, and as we've seen with other perks, those % values aren't something that you can just take at face value), but equipping multiple Sense avoidance perks definitely gives you quite a decent chance of evading Jason's checks. I still wouldn't recommend taking them over other perks (since you're giving up very powerful options for only a CHANCE at avoiding Sense), but there you have it.

This is great to know man, thanks so much!

It's tempting to throw on all my avoidance perks for a few matches to see if it does make a difference, but I'd have to agree with you about opting for others. If there was one epic sense perk that could give you something around 50%, that would be a different story.

Are you collecting this data for a separate Perk guide? Bless ya if so

39 minutes ago, Rydog said:

Playing as AJ and not running, meaning Jason will never see a noise ping, AND miss you with Sense half the time, is very powerful IMO.

1 minute ago, ZooMalfunction said:

Playing as AJ and not running, meaning Jason will never see a noise ping, AND miss you with Sense half the time, is very powerful IMO.

ok

2 minutes ago, ZooMalfunction said:

You have much to learn young padawan

1 minute ago, Rydog said:

ok

You're virtually invisible for a lot of the match and have free reign to loot and repair unmolested. That's a huge asset to the team, and one that can waste Jason's time easily should you be caught.

Imagine it takes 4 cabin jumps from a skilled player before an AJ loses enough Stamina to be forced to stand ground or hide under a bed. Chances are Jason will lose you entirely twice during this exchange.

That, to me, is really good.

People seem to forget about fear level a lot.  Even AJ, with her stealth will be detected by Jason's sense rendering stealth useless if you don't control her fear.  Fear management is a vital part of survival.  That's what the guy I wrote this post about just couldn't seem to comprehend.