Sign in to follow this  
FreddyKruegerfan66

Please change the way the phone works. + Suggestion.

I mean I get the OP, but at the same time, I still think there needs to be an escape option that doesn't involve driving skill, and can allow stragglers to get out

actually the only change I really want made to the cop escape is for there to be a delay between calling the cops and Jason being notified that the cops have been called.  Otherwise your reward for repairing the phone with no mistakes  and using pocket knives on the traps  is that Jason gets alerted RIGHT to where you are and given that if you successfully repaired with no mistakes, you're probably a slower character with low stamina, you're not getting very far before Jason morphs to you.  Now he's specifically pissed at you for calling the cops and letting everyone else escape, but he'll make sure YOU don't escape if he can help it.  It's especially bad if it's the shed on camp crystal lake, I know Wes tries to justify that they made the pacing and balancing be based on the stamina of slow counselors and the distance between buildings and this whole rubber band analogy.. but on CCL that whole design fails because the shed, and boathouse can't be secured and the cabin between them has doors that shatter in one hit even locked.  If the phone is in the shed it is a LONG WAYS across OPEN GROUND to reach a cabin that can be fortified to regen stamina.  You are DEAD if you're an AJ, Adam, Lechappa, or Deb who has to call from the phones there.  You can hope nobody else picked up the shotgun either there or the archery range maybe but that won't buy you enough time to get to the camp with barricadable doors, especially not with Jasons who use macros to get up nearly instantly.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Ok what if the time to police arrival shortens the more time elapses in the match? So if you call within 2 minutes, the cops arrive in 8 minutes, within 5 minutes they arrive in 6 minutes 30 seconds, and after 7 minutes the cops arrive in 5 minutes? Beyond that it remains at 5 minutes, but all of those tiers are effected by My Dad's a Cop too.

I had people call the cops on me and I was still able to kill the rest of the players before the cops arrived I think 5 mins is good enough since at times it takes awhile to find the fuse and if somebody has the fuse but doesn’t have a walkie and they die in the middle of know where it would be really hard to find so I think 5 mins is good enough 

In fact I'm going to say that Jason being notified EXACTLY when the cops are called is  basically game breaking.  I basically cannot call the cops because it gives my location away to Jason even with a success.    My only chance is to NOT have a tunneling fuckwad of a Jason who immediately hateboners you for the rest of the match for calling the cops on him.  It's fucking broken.  

Your reward for SUCCESS, is to get tunneled  Fuck off with that Gun, that's fucking awful design and you should fucking know it.

7 hours ago, FreddyKruegerfan66 said:

Aren't we touchy feeling?... 

The reason I as well as others are bringing it up are because of the fact that this mechanic is ridiculous. Want an example?

Game starts, jason goes to the phone, plants 1-2 traps. 

he then goes hunting. Then he hears a trap. He immediately teleports back. grabs the player and kills it. He uses sense to look around, then teleports away again. Finds a counselor near the car and begins to chase. But tada... another trap sound is heard. He teleports BACK to the phone AGAIN, kills the counselor stuck in the trap. Places a new trap. Then he teleports back to the car, looks for players. He sees via sense that someone is in the house, he smashes down the door and tada! He hears that someone failed repairing the phone. Then teleporting BACK to the phone again and killing the counselor. Places a new trap. Back to the car again. The couselors are gone. About 1 minute passes and then Jason spots someone running to the car with gas. He chases them down but just as he's getting close. Tada... hears trap go off near phone again. Jason teleports directly back to the phone AGAIN and hunts down the counselor, but this time the counselor isn't wounded. So they initiate a hunt where the counselor runs in circles around the dinner table inside, as someone ouside repairs the phone. Then jason shifts outside, and destroys the phone but the repair guy is gone. Then he goes back inside and continues going in circles to kill this priority target. He eventually gets the guy and goes back outside, places his final trap and goes back to the car. He sees 2 guys are trying to get in. He kills 1 and just as he is chasing the other with the car keys, TADA:..the trap goes off and someone is repairing the phone. 

Jason is now in this " Fuck....what do I do" state of mind. RIsk the cops getting here in 3 minutes ? Or teleport there, and risk the guys in the car escaping. 

I'm not touchy. I'm just a realist. It feels like a waste of time when we get these ideas that would remake the game from nearly the ground up. 

As far as your "example" Knives disarm the traps without alerting Jason. Thick Skin plus health spray allow a Chad or Vanessa to disarm multiple traps at times and run off. If Jason automatically kills a person who sets one off, they need to up their juking game. Also depending on when Jason last used morph he may not get back in time anyhow.

The back and forth in your example is how it is supposed to be if counselors want to survive. Jason needs to be kept scrambling after objectives to offset his advantages over the team. So your example is a good example of the game working as intended. 

To paint a brief example, I was Chad. I was injured to a point of limping slow. I'm dead and Jason knows it. As he is about to walk over and kill me he departs. I find out later it was because the phone had been attempted and he heard it. He could have killed me, but if I had a pocket knife he would have been too late. He didn't risk it. I was the only survivor that game. 

I hope this paints a clear picture... of how insanely immersion breaking this phone and its mechanic is. It pulls Jason away from his hunt because if he tries to hunt down people, he will just end up losing the game when some god mode cops appear and gun him down over and over, allowing counselors to escape with ease. 

And this is not an overblown story or unrealistic. This happens.... every single day.... with experienced jason players.

It's immersion breaking? Maybe this isn't the game for you in that case. Because some liberties need to taken in translating the medium from movie to game. Jason having to stop counselors from fixing the phone or car is no more ridiculous than the car lacking gas and a battery or the car lacking a fuse. 

As an experienced Jason player myself, I know the struggle of juggling objectives with killing the team. A successful Jason will manage most of the time. 

I do it myself. Why wouldn't I? If that phone gets repaired and Im against a very good team then I wont get easy kills within 10 seconds that'll render the phonecall irrelevant. I'll need time, and thats why the phone is so dangerous and thus insanely prioritised by Jason. Why you see people with posts complaining about trapping usage, about lack of pocket knives etc. Its all boiling down to this one mechanic where people pick Jason part 2 and place all 7 traps around that phone because they'd rather chase down a car than hear that phonecall. 

So critisise all you want, dude. Bottomline is this. This is a game based on a film franchise. A game, yes, but be that as it may, straying too far from the source material ruins things. And I dont ever recall a Friday movie where counselors were working their butts off to repair the phone whilst jason were killing them around it because he was panicking at the thought of the cops arriving. 

Again... Part 6. 

Ok. I still don't see a problem. Another thing, only a fool lays down all their traps near the phone. Most traps won't be close enough to the phone to matter and a coordinated team will use health spray and other tactics to take the traps out of play. Traps are often no more than a security alarm for Jason unless the player is unaware of the meta of the game. 

Thanks for allowing me to be critical. For a second I thought you were going to banish me to the Discord or Reddit or something. The game is indeed built on a film franchise, but following too close to canon to a point that the game is unplayable will ruin things faster than anything else. I don't recall a game where counselors were working their butts off to repair a phone because somebody hid the fuse in a drawer three or four cabins yonder. 

If we're looking at movies being dead on accurate, shouldn't Jenny just get an axe and one shot Jason with it time after time? Maybe if New Blood Jason chases somebody to the docks to kill them, ghost dad can drag Jason into the water for a counselor win. God help us because if we're going totally movie accurate as we need demon turds to replace Jason's goes to Hell skin, and retro and Savini Jason need to be removed entirely.

Last note: I've been in matches where I spawned inside of the phone house, and have found the repair item inside as well. That means I can repair the phone and call the cops with a 3 minute perk in less than 1 minute. That means the cops will arrive before 5 minutes have passed in the game, out of 20. 

That gives Jason roughly 6-7 minutes depending on runtime to the cops to kill the entire team. 13 minutes before it ends, 3-4 minutes before rage mode.

I've seen those too. It's just bad luck for Jason. That is why most well versed Jason players immediately go and stop the objective that can cause him the most trouble. If you're killing counselors and not dealing with objectives you need to reevaluate your tactics. I'll note a Jason who goes to a phone house will always do so faster than a counselor will find the fuse and complete the minigame. If you only have 6-7 minutes to kill, you did it to yourself. 

If you can't understand how broken.... that is. How silly and unfair it is to the Jason player if he doesn't jump to that phonebox immediately... and keep a sharp eye on it, then nevermind. I can't explain it any better. 

The problem isn't calling the cops. The problem is that you can escape immediately if it happens, rather than something else happening that balances out the situation.

How is it broken? Because the counselors have means to win? Because a Jason has to be smart and can't just overpower people without thinking? Jason has one disadvantage in this game. That being that he is outnumbered and cannot be more than one place at a time. A good team will give a good Jason trouble and will make a fool of a bad Jason. That is how it is. A good Jason will still kill many or all counselors on a good team and will absolutely ruin a team of bad counselors. 

If you're having trouble keeping an eye on the box, I suggest hitting select. Your trap icons are there on the map. Even if a counselor used a knife to silently disarm one, you can see it has been sprung. 

The cops do not show immediately. They arrive five whole minutes later unless the caller used a perk slot to hasten that time. Checks and balances. 

I guess we need to make life even more hell for counsolers Hell every game at least 95% of the time nobody escapes my wrath as Jason once in a blue moon 2 people escape me so if you make it even harder for them than nobody will ever escape me so I will have 100% no survivors 

On 7/18/2017 at 0:16 PM, I Hate Spectate said:

hateboners you for the rest of the match....

This made me laugh out loud for real. Reminds of sex with an ex or something like that...:lol:

On a serious note. I rarely get the ol' hateboner when I call the cops. Most Jason's know that they are in a time crunch at the point and will go about business as usual (killing targets of opportunity). Jason only seems to morph to the phone after a call if they haven't got a tastier target in their sights. Of course this is just my experience. The tunnelers are often the younger kids/noobs not keeping the wider strategic goals in perspective once the cops are imminent.

20 hours ago, Alkavian said:

This made me laugh out loud for real. Reminds of sex with an ex or something like that...:lol:

On a serious note. I rarely get the ol' hateboner when I call the cops. Most Jason's know that they are in a time crunch at the point and will go about business as usual (killing targets of opportunity). Jason only seems to morph to the phone after a call if they haven't got a tastier target in their sights. Of course this is just my experience. The tunnelers are often the younger kids/noobs not keeping the wider strategic goals in perspective once the cops are imminent.

It's just my experience that whenever I call I immediately have Jason morph to me and since I play Deb.. that's not good, especially at the spawn I'm talking about, there's nowhere to hide or regen stamina from that spawn.

Not a bad idea.

I've toyed with other ideas to make it more difficult.

1. 8 minute timer

2. Remove the infinite escape timer, so they'll leave after arriving...say two minutes...you don't leave, you don't escape

3. Make it so only four counselors can escape with them in the backseats of the two cars

4. Since the fuse box only applies to fixing the phone box. Make it so all Jason has to do to maintain control of the phone is cut ANY power to the campsite. This would also effect the fuse box. So now in order for the phone to be working properly.

1. Find fuse

2. Fix fuse box

3. ALL power in the campsite has to be working

Now in order to offset all those power generators needing to be on. Now the fuse can't be broken once fixed, but the power generators can still be broken.

3 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

Not a bad idea.

I've toyed with other ideas to make it more difficult.

1. 8 minute timer

2. Remove the infinite escape timer, so they'll leave after arriving...say two minutes...you don't leave, you don't escape

3. Make it so only four counselors can escape with them in the backseats of the two cars

4. Since the fuse box only applies to fixing the phone box. Make it so all Jason has to do to maintain control of the phone is cut ANY power to the campsite. This would also effect the fuse box. So now in order for the phone to be working properly.

1. Find fuse

2. Fix fuse box

3. ALL power in the campsite has to be working

Now in order to offset all those power generators needing to be on. Now the fuse can't be broken once fixed, but the power generators can still be broken.

You don't need power for phones.  The phone line provides the minimal amount of electricity for the phones to operate.  Ever had a power outage at your house and used your landline phone to call the power company and report it?

3 hours ago, I Hate Spectate said:

It's just my experience that whenever I call I immediately have Jason morph to me and since I play Deb.. that's not good, especially at the spawn I'm talking about, there's nowhere to hide or regen stamina from that spawn.

Deb? Ah I see. I play LaChappa quite often. The nerds tend to get the hateboner regardless of what they are doing. LaChappa is the game equivalent of holding a red cape in front of a bull when Jason sees you. Deb too. :D

ogre-nerds.gif

11 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

Deb? Ah I see. I play LaChappa quite often. The nerds tend to get the hateboner regardless of what they are doing. LaChappa is the game equivalent of holding a red cape in front of a bull when Jason sees you. Deb too. :D

ogre-nerds.gif

Yeah, and with their low speed and stamina they're not very good bullfighters.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2017 at 11:17 AM, Alkavian said:

ogre-nerds.gif

On 7/23/2017 at 8:12 AM, I Hate Spectate said:

On 7/23/2017 at 11:29 AM, I Hate Spectate said:

Yeah, and with their low speed and stamina they're not very good bullfighters.

Idk, I play as Deborah religiously and I'm awesome at keeping Jason at bay.

Sure let’s make it where all the power boxes need to be fixed so Jason destroys all of them now you gotta go all over to fix them and you do now you go back to the fuse box you go and fix the fuse and now Jason destroys one of them you go to fix it now go back to the fuse and yet again you gotta go back to fix another one but you don’t know where the power is out so you gotta go all over to find it

now since you had them change it to this you will NEVER BE ABLE TO CALL THE COPS AGAIN so now all Jason needs to do is camp both cars and game over nobody will ever escape ever again

Maybe 30 second delay after phone call before police are en route?

I think a good solution to this would be to change how close traps can be set next to eachother, aswell as him being able to set off his own traps.

At the moment he can create a pool of traps yet counselors have to move their traps several times till they get it right. This would also stop the trick Jason players do where they put one trap behind the other near the fuse box, it looks like there's room to fix it without setting the trap off but because you kneel so far back you set it off and then automatically walk back into the one behind (You gone' die) Which you would of logically thought your character wouldn't do.

That way Jason would be forced to rely on checking the fuse throughout the game as he would the car or anything else, but with this the police arrival time is extended.

----

Depending on how many traps there are, I leave the fuse next to the box.

Usually playing as Vanessa or Tiffany with 'Thick Skin' perk, I step in the trap where I need to go, heal then run away.

It's probably the most dangerous way to deal with fuse box traps but hey ho what gets it done. Wouldn't recommend.

On 7/18/2017 at 3:16 PM, I Hate Spectate said:

In fact I'm going to say that Jason being notified EXACTLY when the cops are called is  basically game breaking.  I basically cannot call the cops because it gives my location away to Jason even with a success.    My only chance is to NOT have a tunneling fuckwad of a Jason who immediately hateboners you for the rest of the match for calling the cops on him.  It's fucking broken.  

Your reward for SUCCESS, is to get tunneled  Fuck off with that Gun, that's fucking awful design and you should fucking know it.

This is plain ignorant and lack of skill on your part. I have called the cops and escaped plenty of times. You should know as soon as you do Jason is morphing there immediately unless he is preoccupied. Also, try setting up traps or some set of defenses before you pick up the phone. As An, Deb, Eric you ha e a chance of Jasonnot hearing if you mess up on phone fuse. You should be heading out of the cabin as soon as cops are called. If early enough, hide and avoid his sense. You get a few minute s to prepare to escape by cops. One pocket knife and a flare gun, bat, or wrench and you should be golden to escape on your own, let alone if you go with two or three other people.

As for the traps, crouch and set it off with a pocket knife, or thick skin and med spray perks. Work with 1 other person if you need to set the trap off and have them ready with a weapon to stun him. Or have them inside ready to call. People need to get over the traps because everything else Part 2 lacks (water speed, destruction, shift) make up for it plenty.

• Like 2

How did this topic get so many replies, this idea is ridiculous.

Jason is overpowered to begin with, regardless if he camps objectives. If he camps, he just seems more OP because he is actually playing smart.

@FreddyKruegerfan66Jason just needs a nerf. There doesn't need to be a whole phone redesign.

2 hours ago, Redcat345 said:

*places five traps in this thread*

*loads up on pocketknives and med sprays*

21 hours ago, Pikalicious said:

How did this topic get so many replies, this idea is ridiculous.

Jason is overpowered to begin with, regardless if he camps objectives. If he camps, he just seems more OP because he is actually playing smart.

@FreddyKruegerfan66Jason just needs a nerf. There doesn't need to be a whole phone redesign.

Jason does not need a Nerf,this is f13,not mlp the game. 

• Like 1