Sign in to follow this  
RKSDooM

R.I.P. George A. Romero

He was the closest thing to a Bram Stoker or a Mary Shelley in my lifetime, and one of the nicest and most humble of men.

R.I.P. George Romero. Thank you for the living dead, MARTIN, CREEPSHOW, KNIGHTRIDERS and countless other joys.

• Like 1

I was lucky enough to meet and get a photo with him last year at Texas Frightmare Weekend. RIP George Romero... you will be missed.

Never got to meet the guy and that is a shame. I read this earlier, he was and still is a legend. R.I.P.

• Like 1

A huge influence on the horror genre, and modern zombie pop-culture in particular. RIP Mr Romero.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, RKSDooM said:

He was the closest thing to a Bram Stoker or a Mary Shelley in my lifetime, and one of the nicest and most humble of men.

R.I.P. George Romero. Thank you for the living dead, MARTIN, CREEPSHOW, KNIGHTRIDERS and countless other joys.

Don't forget The Crazies, one of my favs of his.  Not a huge fan of Bruiser but it did have that Misfits music video.

I live in Pittsburgh and my girlfriend's family is in Butler and Evans City(she actually teaches Savini's nephew) and his Dead Trilogy are some of my favorite films of all time. I met him at Monroeville Mall  (along with Ken Foree and a couple zombies) during a zombie walk one year. Amazing guy. Even Stephen King's tweet will show you what a horrible loss this was to all horror fans.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I met him at Monroeville Mall  (along with Ken Foree and a couple zombies) during a zombie walk one year.

That is so freaking cool.