VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow

Proof the Part 6 mask is not film accurate

1 hour ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

I never actually noticed that. Maybe they included the tear for a better view of the eye? I couldn't say. Definitely odd though.

Also noticed that the P7 mask does the same. They did a version of it from the very beginning of the movie with small scratches on it but later in the movie the scratches magically disappear.

Damn, I just watched part 7 the other day and did not notice that at all. just looked it up and you are totally right. good catch

"Remember; there are several 'hero' masks, two actors that portrayed J6 and lighting and model work all come into play with how that mask is seen."

Quote from @GunMedia_Ben in another thread.

With all due respect, we see the mask side by side here and it's cleary not accurate.

• Like 1

The eye holes and nose never sat right with me either.. couldn't figure out why but now I can see why. 

Same with skinny jason 9.

2 minutes ago, ColdArmy13 said:

Same with skinny jason 9.

He does need to be more buff. It really throws off his whole look.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

That one I get, one actor mocaps Jason and is one size, got to make it work.

A mask is a clear error or oversight.

3 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

That one I get, one actor mocaps All the Jason's and is one size, got to make it work.

3 minutes ago, ColdArmy13 said:

That one I get, one actor mocaps Jason and is one size, got to make it work.

Well Kane also played Jason in part 9. But time changes physique.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Yeah, I just meant he was one size at the time of the motion capture. That have to be applied to all the Jason's in the game. I'm guessing why they need to be around the same build.

2 minutes ago, ColdArmy13 said:

Yeah, I just meant he was one size at the time of the motion capture. That have to be applied to all the Jason's in the game. I'm guessing why they need to be around the same build.

100% correct. Hence why part 2 is a hulking beast who doesn't take nut shots in game. However If you watch the movie it's the opposite. 

But that actually doesn't bother me. As you said the mask is just an oversight. Eventually I'd like to have it film accurate.

Considering I grew up in the 80's where the Atari E.T. looked like a deformed duck, I'm totally ok with this. ;)

friday.jpg

frank.gif

hqdefault.jpg

mqdefault.jpg

I still say this is a 'trick of the light' situation with the selection screen only. Keep in mind, the daylight paintball scenes were a completely different stunt person with a completely different mask. That guy was let go based on his overall Jason-ness early in the the shoot, but they kept the footage.

• Like 1

Been saying it for months/years. A 62 year old Kane Hodder isn't as muscular or bulky as a 32 years old Kane Hodder. Kane's still a big guy but a physique changes in 30 years...and Parts 7-9 simply don't look as bulky as their 1988-1993 movie counterparts. 

As far as the Part 6 mask goes...I've said that until I'm blue in the face and can no longer muster the energy to point out the blinding obvious anymore. ;)

6 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

Been saying it for months/years. A 62 year old Kane Hodder isn't as muscular or bulky as a 32 years old Kane Hodder. Kane's still a big guy but a physique changes in 30 years...and Parts 7-9 simply don't look as bulky as their 1988-1993 movie counterparts. 

As far as the Part 6 mask goes...I've said that until I'm blue in the face and can no longer muster the energy to point out the blinding obvious anymore. ;)

I agree, we've been beating this drum a long time.

On Kane's size, the characters aren't really affected by his size. I used the example of Andy Serkis as King Kong and Gollum before. 

I actually prefer leaner part 9 Jason. Then again i dont like bodybuilder part 2 and 6 Jason. I guess it's because in part 9 kane was bigger and the costume added more bulk which made him look fat. They could have properly sized Jason models. Heck if it effects hitboxes as well, that could make for a miniscule bonus to skinnier Jasons because theys be ever so slightly harder to hit.

To quote @GunMedia_Ben: "Remember; there are several 'hero' masks, two actors that portrayed J6 and lighting and model work all come into play with how that mask is seen.", from the locked "Jason 6 model and mask looks terrible" thread.

I disagree with most of what Ben says there.

• "Several 'hero' masks": They all come from the same master mold. The differences between the masks would be negligible.
  • "Two actors that portrayed J6": Dan Bradley and CJ Graham both played Jason. The latex undermask they wore were like molding specifically to the them but the actually hockey masks would not have changed.
  • "Lighting": Lighting isn't enough to give the mask squared-off eyes and a pig nose.
  • "Model work": This is where we agree- the model work is subpar and I'd love to see it corrected.

I made an image comparing the 'in-game Part 6' with the film version. Take note, particularly of the eyes and nose.

part6vsgamefilm.jpg

For those who wish to counter with the mask in my comparison being the mask Dan Bradley wore- Bradley and Graham wore the exact same masks, all from the exact same master mold. There is no difference between the multiple 'hero' masks outside of wear and tear, and in-film 'damage'. This is necessary for film continuity. 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

To quote @GunMedia_Ben: "Remember; there are several 'hero' masks, two actors that portrayed J6 and lighting and model work all come into play with how that mask is seen.", from the locked "Jason 6 model and mask looks terrible" thread.

• "Several 'hero' masks": They all come from the same master mold. The differences between the masks would be negligible.
  • "Two actors that portrayed J6": Dan Bradley and CJ Graham both played Jason. The latex undermask they wore were like molding specifically to the them but the actually hockey masks would not have changed.
  • "Lighting": Lighting isn't enough to give the mask squared-off eyes and a pig nose.
  • "Model work": This is where we agree- the model work is subpar and I'd love to see it corrected.

I made an image comparing the 'in-game Part 6' with the film version. Take note, particularly of the eyes and nose.

part6vsgamefilm.jpg

For those who wish to counter with the mask in my comparison being the mask Dan Bradley wore- Bradley and Graham wore the exact same masks, all from the exact same master mold. There is no difference between the multiple 'hero' masks outside of wear and tear, and in-film 'damage'. This is necessary for film continuity. 

That side by side is a really good comparison.

The lighting in the Jason select screen has strong 2 point backlight hitting the nose, enhancing the pig nose effect.

Anyway you can go in game under frontal lighting conditions and get a shot of in game J6.

1 hour ago, dandop1984 said:

That side by side is a really good comparison.

The lighting in the Jason select screen has strong 2 point backlight hitting the nose, enhancing the pig nose effect.

Anyway you can go in game under frontal lighting conditions and get a shot of in game J6.

If I get motivated I will sometime. For now, Paul Phoenix's video in @VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow's original post shows the mask from multiple angles without the in-game lighting.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Kane was a much bigger dude for sure in his youth. 

44 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

In-game, Part 7's mask also has the same eye shape of Part 6 one.

The eyes and nose are messed up on the Part 7 as well. @VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow has a great post that gives us the probable reason for the awkward shaped nose.

The shape of the eyes are just flat-wrong and I have no idea why they're squared off- I've never seen a mask with the eyes shaped like that outside of this game.

Edit:

I see you 'liked' that post previously. Oops. Still a great post on the Part 7 mask. :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

To think my topic contributed to this one...

I'm proud! :D

Edited by NoOneK9503
I'm stupid! *facepalm*

8 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

part6vsgamefilm.jpg

I think you're mistaken on the same mould thing. The eyes you're showing in your comparison (from the day shoot) are basically perfect circles, the eyes seeing below are more angular:

hqdefault.jpg

5 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

I think you're mistaken on the same mould thing. The eyes you're showing in your comparison (from the day shoot) are basically perfect circles, the eyes seeing below are more angular:

hqdefault.jpg

I don't think so- feel free to overlay that picture over the daytime shoot mask and you'll see. :) 

25 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

I don't think so- feel free to overlay that picture over the daytime shoot mask and you'll see. :) 

I've got one better for you! I've traced the contours of the game mask and what I'm calling the night mask for shape comparison.

LxCW1SM.jpg

The mustache is there because I want it clear that I'm not here to start a fight or anything and consider this all in good fun.

Edit: Added a comparison of day and night masks. Also notice the proportional difference between the right hole over the triangle to the right edge of the triangle.

Nhy0s8Y.jpg

This time, I added a look of fatherly concern, because mustaches are so five minutes ago.

Edited by NthnButAGoodTime
I got on a tracing jag and couldn't stop myself.

50 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

I see you 'liked' that post previously. Oops. Still a great post on the Part 7 mask. :)

Sorry. Only 10 likes per day! :rolleyes:

Also, as far as I know, the Jason models used in the Jason Selection Screen are the same ones from the Virtual Cabin. That explains the differences between the in-game Jaysun 6 model and the "JSS" one.

Here:

worserX.png

And the in-game one:

M2LbGPD.png

As you see, Kane's build looks similar to Dan Bradley's.