iz2sick

Please do something about Jason Traps

3 hours ago, GrandMasterLynx said:

I would trap the shack as well but I haven’t really had anybody try to take my Moms sweater

I wouldn't risk it. Remember you can be killed if someone has the sweater.

47 minutes ago, SnakeSound222 said:

I wouldn't risk it. Remember you can be killed if someone has the sweater.

Out of the all the times I been Jason almost 500 only 2 times people went for my hut my mask has yet to be removed and I’m Part 2 Jason

On 7/20/2017 at 5:59 PM, Redcat345 said:

Plz Nerf Jason and let counselors win the game The Thread Part 5.

Way to completely misunderstand my point. Seems to be the theme here. Someone asks for adjustments to the mechanics of Jason and they get bombarded with BS replies like yours. 

I'm not wanting a major nerf. I'm just asking for a slight increase in the radius between traps. Someone said they place traps in both sides of the fuse box. That's not what I'm wanting changed. I'm talking about traps that are practically stacked on each other. Go to the fuse box and you see a huge pile of leaves. They are so close together that they should be setting each other off. 

When you step on a trap and another one automatically triggers once you're free is a broken mechanic IMO. Counselors can't use traps in this fashion. Honestly, I think Jason should be able to trigger his own traps if he steps in them just like the counselors.

And if this adjustment to traps causes counselors to escape you much more, then I'm sorry... you're not that great of a Jason player. I don't stack traps and on average, 1-2 counselors escape. That's a stat I'm completely fine with. I don't want to kill all the counselors every time I'm Jason. That would be boring. And its quite fun when they get cars going or cops called. Can't tell you how many fun times have been had in these situations. Basically, it sounds to me that most of you want to completely eliminate the cop option for counselors. Coz when you place a pile of up to 4 traps at the fuse box, that's what you're effectively doing.

How are preventative measures completely eliminating the cop calls? It makes it more difficult, yes. Probably even have to work as a team. Oh darn no! Pocket knives can be used. I am sure if they are stacked like that then at least two can be avoided without triggering the trap. As other people mention, if one escape plan is severely trapped, try for the other two because they are probably open. Again, communication and you can figure things out.  Besides, if the cops are called with perk 3 minutes in, cops arrive in 3 minutes, that isn't much time to look around and have fun. A 7 minute game has little intensity. 

Also, I am part 2 Jason a lot, there is a certain radius to prevent you from stacking, the leaves just make it appear on top of each other. Learn how to spot the trap under it, which ones are too far back or to the side.

• Like 2

Paying in knives is too expensive at the moment. Triple traps almost on top of each other make sacrificing weapons seem like a good idea. If a deadzone, where you couldn't place more traps (of at least the full size of the visible leaf pile; at least around active traps), was added, a trap for a knife would be the perfect ratio. Loosing a knife is a sacrifice, loosing a weapon is a nuisance of 10 seconds. Weapons are everywhere. There are at least 3-5 in every cabin, after all.

• Like 2

On 7/26/2017 at 1:32 AM, iz2sick said:

Way to completely misunderstand my point. Seems to be the theme here. Someone asks for adjustments to the mechanics of Jason and they get bombarded with BS replies like yours. 

I'm not wanting a major nerf. I'm just asking for a slight increase in the radius between traps. Someone said they place traps in both sides of the fuse box. That's not what I'm wanting changed. I'm talking about traps that are practically stacked on each other. Go to the fuse box and you see a huge pile of leaves. They are so close together that they should be setting each other off. 

When you step on a trap and another one automatically triggers once you're free is a broken mechanic IMO. Counselors can't use traps in this fashion. Honestly, I think Jason should be able to trigger his own traps if he steps in them just like the counselors.

And if this adjustment to traps causes counselors to escape you much more, then I'm sorry... you're not that great of a Jason player. I don't stack traps and on average, 1-2 counselors escape. That's a stat I'm completely fine with. I don't want to kill all the counselors every time I'm Jason. That would be boring. And its quite fun when they get cars going or cops called. Can't tell you how many fun times have been had in these situations. Basically, it sounds to me that most of you want to completely eliminate the cop option for counselors. Coz when you place a pile of up to 4 traps at the fuse box, that's what you're effectively doing.

Good for you. Traps are  fine the way they are. People use thick skin and double med sprays and 3-4 people to counter them anyways. 

• Like 3

I get why people don't like the trap stacking. Low luck characters can die from two trap hits.

I get why Jason stacks the traps. One trap disarmed can lead to the police being called without even a chance to stop it, which is the easiest (and most difficult to defend against once they arrive) win condition.

There's no easy fix for this one. If you increase the trap radius, calling the cops is going to be infinitely easier and you will see more escapes. Period. You will essentially have two objectives that provide no audio cues whatsoever (phone/boat) if skill checks aren't flubbed. 

I also think people are also missing the value in using traps as a diversion. When your stealth fixers have car parts but don't have enough protection, even one person triggering a trap at the phone and then bolting can be enough to draw Jason away and give them the chance they need to get the car going. You don't even need the fuse to do this. The mere threat of someone fixing the phone is enough. 

• Like 2

On 7/15/2017 at 8:54 PM, iz2sick said:

Well, it has happened. Almost every Jason now spams multiple traps at the phone and 4 seater. I'm pretty sick of seeing 3-4 traps at the fuse box. Step in one and you're doomed. Or spend time gathering pocket knives and waste 'em on the traps. Such a broken mechanic. Unrealistic too. 

How about no prompt, but all players can disarm traps with that same minigame you use to do the gas. Then repair characters are even more useful.

3 hours ago, Pikalicious said:

How about no prompt, but all players can disarm traps with that same minigame you use to do the gas. Then repair characters are even more useful.

I'm ok with repair minigames being used to disarm traps, but if you miss a skill check the trap goes off and damages you. Also, if you want to nerf traps, Jason needs to be alerted from anywhere on the map every time one of his traps is disarmed. 

I don't think people understand just how vulnerable the phone is with only one trap on it. There's literally no good Jason player in his right mind that's going to put any less than two traps. Anything otherwise and you're begging for the cops to get called. There simply is no other way for Jason to even have a chance at protecting the phone.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Shadesofjoe said:

I'm ok with repair minigames being used to disarm traps, but if you miss a skill check the trap goes off and damages you. Also, if you want to nerf traps, Jason needs to be alerted from anywhere on the map every time one of his traps is disarmed. 

I don't think people understand just how vulnerable the phone is with only one trap on it. There's literally no good Jason player in his right mind that's going to put any less than two traps. Anything otherwise and you're begging for the cops to get called. There simply is no other way for Jason to even have a chance at protecting the phone.

Meh, Jason is OP as it is. Alerted from anywhere when they are   DISARMED? Silly.

1 hour ago, Pikalicious said:

Meh, Jason is OP as it is. Alerted from anywhere when they are   DISARMED? Silly.

Jason. Is. Not. OP.

He's just not.

Seven good counselors can make his life a living hell, even with traps being the way they are now.

• Like 1

I believe the devs stated that they wanted to include a certain element of sacrifice by having us choose between revealing our location or loosing the most valuable item in our possession when they made the traps disarmable. Trap stacking completely removes that choice and forces us to tank the traps in a very immersion breaking way.

As for the argument of having disarming alert Jason, this would also nullify the choice making / sense of sacrifice completely. Every house with a bathroom has a guaranteed spawn of med spray. They are also a common loot from containers. You have to have very bad luck not to be able to find one. The same can't be said about pocket knives. There would be no point in using a knife when tanking doesn't cost you anywhere near the same price.

Playing as Jason is my favourite part of the game. I have never felt like the phone was too powerful. I don't do double traps but I can only recall 2 instances where a single counselor got out using the cops in the 143 hours I have played this game. The players usually forget about the phone when you start the game (after completing the trapping) by systematically clearing the phone neighbourhood rather than blindly tunnelling the first person you see on the other side of the map.

• Like 1

Some of your replies are ridiculous. As it stands, Jason is a complete powerhouse (as well he should be). I've stated multiple times that I don't stack traps and I still rarely have counselors escape on me via cops. I main Savini so I usually have boats escape on me.

I play with good groups of players that work very well together. The reason why I can fight them off from cops is because I check the phone box regularly and pay attention to what's going on. If a trap triggers, I'm morphing there. This is why I don't constantly use my morph so I have it ready for these situations. If I see that there aren't many counselors around other objectives, it's a clue that they are trying for the phone. 

The very first thing I do as Jason is trap the phone and destroy the windows and doors in that cabin. This has been a very useful strategy for me this far.

And when the cops do get called, I automatically know that I'm gonna find counselors in the area of the phone house. That usually means I end up killing the cop callers. And when cops show up, I know to camp the exit area in stalk mode to pick off the ones attempting to escape. 

Jason has all these avenues to prevent cop escapes. There is no need to stack traps at the fuse box. This to me is a sign of a poor Jason player that wants to make it even easier on themselves to kill people. 

Plus you guys talk about pocket knives as if a million of them spawn in the vicinity of the phone. It's pretty difficult to coordinate with pocket knife holders to reach phone house and help you disarm all the traps while a Jason is keeping tabs on it.

As for wasting most of your traps on the phone and leaving the cars/boat open... that's a silly argument. Stack traps at the phone and camp the cars. You'll know that at the very least, it will take some time for them to undo your traps at the phone.

Also, in my experience, counselors will just simply forgo a trap stacked phone and do the cars/boat instead. This is what I mean by a Jason effectively eliminating the cop option altogether. 

And again I would like to remind you all that when objectives get started, it becomes a fun challenge for Jason. There's no fun in wiping the board as Jason every match before any objectives get completed. Hunting down counselors that are about to escape is super fun for me. 

What about having Jason find traps, just like he does throwing knives?  Traps could be placed in certain areas, like Jason's shack, boathouse, workshed, and at various campsites.  That way, Jason has to go to those locations to retrieve a trap to use.

I don't mind him starting out with the traps, but I understand how others can see it as repetitive when you know for almost absolute certainty that the fuse box and/or cars are going to be trapped from the get go.

On 7/16/2017 at 4:54 AM, iz2sick said:

Well, it has happened. Almost every Jason now spams multiple traps at the phone and 4 seater. I'm pretty sick of seeing 3-4 traps at the fuse box. Step in one and you're doomed. Or spend time gathering pocket knives and waste 'em on the traps. Such a broken mechanic. Unrealistic too. 

To me, this is lame Jason play. I don't have a problem killing most of the counselors and I never put more than one trap in a spot at a time. 

I just got finished a game with a desperate Jason who put about 4 traps at the phone. He was so desperate he even went back to check up on his traps before I tried to fix the phone. The trap he set seemed far enough back to avoid but it got me. So desperate Jason turns up and killed me then sets yet another trap which I saw caught someone else.

The traps should be removed from the game. After all, what is the point in having means of escape when there are sad a desperate Jasons setting as many traps as they can so we can't make use of those ways of escape? So either get rid of the traps or get rid of the phone, cars and boat and make the job even easier for the desperate Jasons! 

What a joke saying we can disable the traps with pen knives! This person set 4 traps no one has 4 pen knives. I have gone many games and not found a single pen knife. How many councillors would it take to collect 4 pen knives? Then we'd be left defenceless if we are grabbed.

Someone else posted about us being able to use the branches to disable traps. After all that's what people would do in real life. Also the other weapons we have such as axe and wrench etc could be used to disable traps. But then don't let Jason know when a trap is disabled otherwise more traps will be set and then we may as well leave the game.

4 hours ago, Peter1970 said:

I just got finished a game with a desperate Jason who put about 4 traps at the phone. He was so desperate he even went back to check up on his traps before I tried to fix the phone. The trap he set seemed far enough back to avoid but it got me. So desperate Jason turns up and killed me then sets yet another trap which I saw caught someone else.

The traps should be removed from the game. After all, what is the point in having means of escape when there are sad a desperate Jasons setting as many traps as they can so we can't make use of those ways of escape? So either get rid of the traps or get rid of the phone, cars and boat and make the job even easier for the desperate Jasons! 

What a joke saying we can disable the traps with pen knives! This person set 4 traps no one has 4 pen knives. I have gone many games and not found a single pen knife. How many councillors would it take to collect 4 pen knives? Then we'd be left defenceless if we are grabbed.

Someone else posted about us being able to use the branches to disable traps. After all that's what people would do in real life. Also the other weapons we have such as axe and wrench etc could be used to disable traps. But then don't let Jason know when a trap is disabled otherwise more traps will be set and then we may as well leave the game.

I agree 100%.  It's a shame there is not other ways to disable those... Like using some sort of weapon (any sort of weapon) but doing so destroys the weapon.  I guess that might make it a little too easy but they have to find some sort of balance.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Peter1970 said:

You realize Jason is a stone-cold killer, right?

Do you just want an "auto-win" option as a counselor?  

Quit complaining and learn how to be a good teammate; you'll still die a lot, but that's the point of the game.

1 hour ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

You realize Jason is a stone-cold killer, right?

Do you just want an "auto-win" option as a counselor?  

Quit complaining and learn how to be a good teammate; you'll still die a lot, but that's the point of the game.

I prefer to look at what I say as constructive criticism. I want a good game with the understanding that the focus is on Jason killing councillors. But it should be remembered that killing is very naughty and he really shouldn't be doing it...... That's why the Cops get called out....

As I said there is not much point in us having a means of escape if it can be blocked. Cops being called is not an automatic escape. Jason knows where the cops are and can try to block escape. Jason's also have up to 5 minutes to kill councillors before cops turn up.

Perhaps, for every trap set, the Jason player could loose 15 points off each kill. So setting 4 traps at the phone, for example, will cost that player 60 points off the 100 points for each councillor killed. So there is a points incentive to set less or no traps.

Setting 4+ traps at the phone is pretty sad and desperate.

59 minutes ago, Peter1970 said:

I prefer to look at what I say as constructive criticism. I want a good game with the understanding that the focus is on Jason killing councillors. But it should be remembered that killing is very naughty and he really shouldn't be doing it...... That's why the Cops get called out....

As I said there is not much point in us having a means of escape if it can be blocked. Cops being called is not an automatic escape. Jason knows where the cops are and can try to block escape. Jason's also have up to 5 minutes to kill councillors before cops turn up.

Perhaps, for every trap set, the Jason player could loose 15 points off each kill. So setting 4 traps at the phone, for example, will cost that player 60 points off the 100 points for each councillor killed. So there is a points incentive to set less or no traps.

Setting 4+ traps at the phone is pretty sad and desperate.

There is nothing sad or desperate about Jason trying to prevent these pot-smoking, sex-having teenagers from escaping.

And yes, cops being called is all but a certainty that counseors will escape.  A good group of counselors who work together will ALWAYS escape once the cops are called.

Trap stacking is not really much of an issue IMO. I do think that the separation radius between placed traps should be increased slightly so they do not overlap each other.

Most of the issue with trap stacking (in the current meta) seems to stem from exploiters using body blocking to get past traps in a way they should not be able to. If or when this is fixed, I think you may start to see less trap stacking. Traps are a limited resource for Jason, and not having to double or triple down to deter/delay exploiters may make Jason players more inclined to use their traps elsewhere.

I honestly think maybe we need a new item. Like a multi-tool. Let people use pen knives to get outta that grab. Make a multi-tool item that grants a small bonus to repair speed when in the inventory, and can be used to pop a trap (without it notifying Jason - used up after popping a trap). Keep them rare like knives...maybe 2-3 per map.

On 7/27/2017 at 6:55 PM, Shadesofjoe said:

I'm ok with repair minigames being used to disarm traps, but if you miss a skill check the trap goes off and damages you.

This is a good idea. Allows counselors to keep that valuable pocket knife, but still requires some skill to get them disarmed.

On 7/27/2017 at 3:53 AM, D00las said:

Paying in knives is too expensive at the moment. Triple traps almost on top of each other make sacrificing weapons seem like a good idea. If a deadzone, where you couldn't place more traps (of at least the full size of the visible leaf pile; at least around active traps), was added, a trap for a knife would be the perfect ratio. Loosing a knife is a sacrifice, loosing a weapon is a nuisance of 10 seconds. Weapons are everywhere. There are at least 3-5 in every cabin, after all.

If weapons could be fed to the trap to trigger it instead of a pocket knife, I would say that Jason should be able to reset the placed traps. Otherwise, all his objective traps would vanish in the first 1 minute or two of the game. Like you pointed out...it is not as if the counselors can't find a quick weapon to replace what they gave up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alkavian said:

If weapons could be fed to the trap to trigger it instead of a pocket knife, I would say that Jason should be able to reset the placed traps. Otherwise, all his objective traps would vanish in the first 1 minute or two of the game. Like you pointed out...it is not as if the counselors can't find a quick weapon to replace what they gave up.

That's a valid point. If weapons can trigger traps then Jason should be able to reset them, but I'll say limit that to just one reset, and then it's gone. He could pick up the triggered trap and put it down again where he wants. However, to put more value on the pocket knives, I say have pocket knives completely disable traps so they can't be reset at all if knives are used to disarm traps. If a counselor steps in a trap it should also be completely disabled with no reset option.

But I don't think we need another multi-tool type item. A Swiss army knife is already a multi-tool. Just pocket knives and sacrificial weapons would be just perfect in my opinion.

Disarming traps with weapons would render the traps near useless. The only way you could catch someone with a trap would require them to step in it without first noticing it. Weapons are found in such large numbers that counselors would proceed to disarm traps when ever they see one, even when they wouldn't have to use the trapped objective. 

There has to be a heavy price for disarming the traps.