iz2sick

Please do something about Jason Traps

4 hours ago, Alkavian said:
dis·in·gen·u·ous
ˌdisənˈjenyo͞oəs/
adjective
adjective: disingenuous
  1. not candid or sincere, typically by pretending that one knows less about something than one really does.

I don't see how Jason using his limited resources to guard the objectives means that he is not sincere. I'd say he's damn honest about his tacit disapproval of you getting away from him in game. :D

"We are left unable to call the cops...." That's the idea. How is it cheating to use the traps he has been supplied to do what he is intended to do in game?

" I think from now on I may have to abandon games where there is multiple traps at the phone..."  Fix the car? Fix the boat? Tank the traps after you know Jason has already morphed and can't get to you? With respect, I think you are missing the forest for the trees.:unsure:

I believe everything that I was going to say has already been said here. Of course, I'm still going to say something.?  

I play Pt. 2 Jason a lot in this game, and if I am playing him, you can bet your ass I'm going to put 2 or 3 traps on the phone. (And I know how to place them pretty well). It is in no way cheating, it is using the resources given to you within the game mechanics to your best advantage. I will also mix up the rest of my traps between the windows of cabins I have found people in* and the cars. I don't normally trap the boat, it's just too easy to get around. I like to be unpredictable as Jason so that the counselors aren't quite sure where I am going to pop up next. My preferred playstyle as Jason is to try and control the map, not just raging around the map destroying everything. Sometimes it works and I kill most, if not all of the counselors. Sometimes I get my ass handed to me. It all depends on the skill level of the people playing the counselors and how well I execute my strategy and the game mechanics.

If I am playing as a counselor and I run across a multi-trapped phone, I am forced to make a decision. Of course, the first thing you do is check and see if Jason knows how to place traps. A lot of the time he will place the trap just a little off, and you can get around it. If I am running with somebody, one of us will step on the trap, and we will leave, allowing that person to use a healing spray. Then, if there is another spray available, we will do the process all over again. Once the traps are removed, let the smartest character install the fuse and Voila' the cops are on the way. Best case scenario is to have a third person (preferably a fast one with good stamina) keep Jason busy while we are up to these shenanigans.  It the phone is multi-trapped, it becomes a marathon, not a sprint. You have to use some strategy. If I am forced to lone-wolf through a match and I find that Jason has thrown a couple of traps in front of the fuse box, I will probably disregard the phone at first and search for the items for the boat or cars. I normally will not waste a knife on a trap unless I don't see another way around it. I'd much rather use the knives to get the hell away from Jason.

*I try to leave one window in a house I have found people in unbroken. I will run around the house breaking windows and just beat the shit out of a wall next to one window and leave it intact, so it looks like I tried to break it and missed, and it seems to be more tantalizing for counselors to use as an escape route. I'll place a trap there, and wish for the best. Most experienced players won't fall for it, but, you can catch the occasional person slipping and boom, easy kill. 

Well, this went on longer than I intended. But, in a nutshell, that is how I feel about traps in the game. They are not cheating, they are not broken, and they do not need to be nerfed. They are just another obstacle that you must find a way to circumvent.

10 hours ago, Alkavian said:
dis·in·gen·u·ous
ˌdisənˈjenyo͞oəs/
adjective
adjective: disingenuous
  1. not candid or sincere, typically by pretending that one knows less about something than one really does.

I don't see how Jason using his limited resources to guard the objectives means that he is not sincere. I'd say he's damn honest about his tacit disapproval of you getting away from him in game. :D

"We are left unable to call the cops...." That's the idea. How is it cheating to use the traps he has been supplied to do what he is intended to do in game?

" I think from now on I may have to abandon games where there is multiple traps at the phone..."  Fix the car? Fix the boat? Tank the traps after you know Jason has already morphed and can't get to you? With respect, I think you are missing the forest for the trees.:unsure:

It is you how is not seeing the point. Most people playing this game are too selfish to sacrifice themselves for others to get an escape; think of the team killers, are they going to EAT A TRAP? I think not. To disable 4 traps requires 4 first aid or 4 pen knives or a combination of them. No one is ever that lucky and you can only carry three of anything at a time. If it is the 7 trap Jason then he could come along and put another three traps at the phone if he saves his traps for this purpose. 

I was in a game where Jason had multi trapped the phone. I still tried to fix it got caught in the trap then Jason came and killed me. Then he set ANOTHER trap for the one used up so he still had three or 4 traps at the phone, someone else got caught and killed. These type of Jason players are simply lazy players, so desperate are they to kill everyone. I have read another person on here saying you can tell someones personality by how they play the game. There are some really sick people playing this game and they will be the same in real life.

Well, I think everyone is missing the fact that the original version of the game had NO TRAPS! Those that played it said that it didn't stop them killing councillors. The number of traps at the phone needs to be limited to one. The Jason with 7 traps can put three traps at the phone and still have 4 traps to multi trap the cars as well. Perhaps limiting the number of traps at the start to 3 and then replenishing the traps used maybe 12 minutes into the game would help. As this reddit post says having no traps caused a problem. But having too many traps also causes a problem. I am not the only one who does not like traps:

1 hour ago, Peter1970 said:

It is you how is not seeing the point. Most people playing this game are too selfish to sacrifice themselves for others to get an escape; think of the team killers, are they going to EAT A TRAP? I think not. To disable 4 traps requires 4 first aid or 4 pen knives or a combination of them. No one is ever that lucky and you can only carry three of anything at a time.

:huh: I see people sacrifice all the time. Myself included.

To disable 4 traps I use LaChappa with 1 heal spray + rare think skinned + epic my dad's a cop + psychic (to start with the walkie). I find the fuse, pick up a heal spray in a bathroom (I'll grab two if I have time), and go to the fuse box. Talk to the team using Psychic and get a call when Jason morphs. Step in trap 1 and then trap 2. Heal. Step in trap 3 and trap 4. Repair the box. It takes less than 30 seconds. If you have someone with you, they can almost assuredly get the call off before Jason morphs back. If I have a second heal spray, I can heal myself and make the call. The cops will arrive a 1 minute and a half quicker. TA DA!:D

I do this all the time. In most cases you don't have to eat all the traps because they are not placed in such a way to pose a threat. If you don't want to waste a pen knife...don't. You're better off tanking the traps because then you still have the knife in case Jason morphs to you before you can get inside after springing his traps. If you are obsessed with getting the phone call off...build your character to do that.

FOR EXAMPLE:  Don't run an all sense avoidance A.J. and whine because you can't get through the traps as an example. :ph34r: You've built your character to be hard to find, not good at getting at protected objectives. I play Tank-Chappa for a reason. I need to be able to get to objectives to fix them. Jason traps are an annoyance at best. Just don't ask me to run away...dear God never ask that of LaChappa.

3 hours ago, Peter1970 said:

It is you how is not seeing the point. Most people playing this game are too selfish to sacrifice themselves for others to get an escape; think of the team killers, are they going to EAT A TRAP? I think not. To disable 4 traps requires 4 first aid or 4 pen knives or a combination of them. No one is ever that lucky and you can only carry three of anything at a time. If it is the 7 trap Jason then he could come along and put another three traps at the phone if he saves his traps for this purpose. 

I was in a game where Jason had multi trapped the phone. I still tried to fix it got caught in the trap then Jason came and killed me. Then he set ANOTHER trap for the one used up so he still had three or 4 traps at the phone, someone else got caught and killed. These type of Jason players are simply lazy players, so desperate are they to kill everyone. I have read another person on here saying you can tell someones personality by how they play the game. There are some really sick people playing this game and they will be the same in real life.

Well, I think everyone is missing the fact that the original version of the game had NO TRAPS! Those that played it said that it didn't stop them killing councillors. The number of traps at the phone needs to be limited to one. The Jason with 7 traps can put three traps at the phone and still have 4 traps to multi trap the cars as well. Perhaps limiting the number of traps at the start to 3 and then replenishing the traps used maybe 12 minutes into the game would help. As this reddit post says having no traps caused a problem. But having too many traps also causes a problem. I am not the only one who does not like traps:

You're not the only one but in my opinion you are in a very small minority. 

You say most people are too selfish to sacrifice themselves and I will counter with, again, you're playing with the wrong people. This whole problem you have with traps completely goes away when you start playing private with people who play the game the right way.

I may be wrong in this assumption but when I see you say traps at the phone should be limited to one, all I hear is, "if I get the fuse and a knife or med spray I deserve the right to be able to fix it and call the police without hindrance". 

I completely understand your frustration, I do. Public matches are almost intolerable. But we've given you recommendation after recommendation to improve your game play and have a better experience and you keep coming back with the same response, traps are cheating, they need to be eliminated. If your willing to provide a little give and take, try some methods we've suggested and see what happens. If not, there's no use talking about it anymore. Your mind is made up.

Also, if you're saying people are really sick in real life because we set traps as Jason....we're all doomed. Some folks are sadistic and you can tell they're bad people, but not for setting traps. 

6 hours ago, rickyount02 said:

You're not the only one but in my opinion you are in a very small minority. 

You say most people are too selfish to sacrifice themselves and I will counter with, again, you're playing with the wrong people. This whole problem you have with traps completely goes away when you start playing private with people who play the game the right way.

I may be wrong in this assumption but when I see you say traps at the phone should be limited to one, all I hear is, "if I get the fuse and a knife or med spray I deserve the right to be able to fix it and call the police without hindrance". 

I completely understand your frustration, I do. Public matches are almost intolerable. But we've given you recommendation after recommendation to improve your game play and have a better experience and you keep coming back with the same response, traps are cheating, they need to be eliminated. If your willing to provide a little give and take, try some methods we've suggested and see what happens. If not, there's no use talking about it anymore. Your mind is made up.

Also, if you're saying people are really sick in real life because we set traps as Jason....we're all doomed. Some folks are sadistic and you can tell they're bad people, but not for setting traps. 

For rickyount02 - Saying people are sick is not just to do with the traps they set it is the entire way they play Jason. Smashing all windows, setting traps at windows and the door so no way at all to get out of the lodge. I don't do that. Again I am not the only one to notice this about play style sowing what people are like in real life. The way people play the game will be a direct reflection of the type of person they are. I have given health spray to other players even if I have only one if they are badly injured. I can literally feel the difference when playing form night to night as the people I play with change. From feeling good a lighthearted to feeling really low and bad and dark.

I have listened top recommendations and I have played private matches but can still see the multi trap happening but maybe not so much. I have made quite a few friends now too for gaming, as I rarely played online before this game, due to the idiots playing GTA V online, I gave up on it.

For Alkavian - I use Tiffany or Deborah Kim. Mainly now Deborah for her speed at fixing. I think I have uncommon thick skin but use other perks, such as a map as I hate not having a map, extra speed for hitting Jason, sometimes My dad a cop rare perk or extra chance to stun with bat.

19 minutes ago, Peter1970 said:

For rickyount02 - Saying people are sick is not just to do with the traps they set it is the entire way they play Jason. Smashing all windows, setting traps at windows and the door so no way at all to get out of the lodge. I don't do that. Again I am not the only one to notice this about play style sowing what people are like in real life. The way people play the game will be a direct reflection of the type of person they are. I have given health spray to other players even if I have only one if they are badly injured. I can literally feel the difference when playing form night to night as the people I play with change. From feeling good a lighthearted to feeling really low and bad and dark.

I have played private matches but can still see the multi trap happening but maybe not so much. I have made quite a few friends now too as I rarely played online before this game due to the idiots playing GTA V online, I gave up on it.

For Alkavian - I use Tiffany or Deborah Kim. Mainly now Deborah for her speed at fixing. I think I have uncommon thick skin but use other perks, such as a map as I hate not having a map, extra speed for hitting Jason, sometimes My dad a cop rare perk or extra chance to stun with bat.

I agree with you 100% that you get a glimpse into who a person is by the way they play the game, and there are certain people out there who are just awful. But trapping objectives and smashing the windows of a cabin absolutely does not mean you are a bad person in real life. 

4 hours ago, Peter1970 said:

I have listened top recommendations and I have played private matches but can still see the multi trap happening but maybe not so much. I have made quite a few friends now too for gaming, as I rarely played online before this game, due to the idiots playing GTA V online, I gave up on it.

Bro, you have watched the movies right? You are playing as "Jason", a serial mass murderer who sadistically hunts down truckloads of people and leaves them mutilated all around a summer camp like some weird lawn gnome decorations. And he loves his mother...:)

tina_fridaythe13thpart4.jpg

I'd say how people play counselors and Tommy may be a better reflection of their personality. Judging people you don't know by how they play a fictional psychopath in a video game is a bit much. He is Jason...not Batman..or some form of anti-hero.

39ea4b051a9afd43889d6358d080d11f.gif

Deb is a good counselor choice. If you have to have the map, I'd suggest thick skin and hypochondriac. Tank the traps. They won't be an issue if you can do it when Jason can't morph immediately to you.

On 7/15/2017 at 11:54 PM, iz2sick said:

Well, it has happened. Almost every Jason now spams multiple traps at the phone and 4 seater. I'm pretty sick of seeing 3-4 traps at the fuse box. Step in one and you're doomed. Or spend time gathering pocket knives and waste 'em on the traps. Such a broken mechanic. Unrealistic too. 

To me, this is lame Jason play. I don't have a problem killing most of the counselors and I never put more than one trap in a spot at a time. 

One I rather deal with a four seater then deal with 2-4 people escaping on foot to the cops. Usually people roll together when the cops are near and most people run my dads a cop perk. So putting 4 traps at the phone box is more strategic then only one. Downside I only have on trap to place near a car.  The positive is either people will die trying get the fuse in or waste 2 pocket knifes to disarm them.

Also I can ease of on going back to the phone box for a bit while I set everyone up for their death near four seater. Personally I gotten 8/8 majority. Cause of this strategy,  Then again I can see the point you making tho, a good Jason always checks objectives and alway waste little time chasing, more about putting pressure on objective then tunnel vision a counselor for one kill

4 hours ago, Crissgrimm said:

One I rather deal with a four seater then deal with 2-4 people escaping on foot to the cops. Usually people roll together when the cops are near and most people run my dads a cop perk. So putting 4 traps at the phone box is more strategic then only one. Downside I only have on trap to place near a car.  The positive is either people will die trying get the fuse in or waste 2 pocket knifes to disarm them.

Also I can ease of on going back to the phone box for a bit while I set everyone up for their death near four seater. Personally I gotten 8/8 majority. Cause of this strategy,  Then again I can see the point you making tho, a good Jason always checks objectives and alway waste little time chasing, more about putting pressure on objective then tunnel vision a counselor for one kill

The thing is, I do use multiple traps. Just not in one spot. I will trap the fuse and place another either by the doors or a spot I think they will run over to after fixing the box. This start has been working for me. Also, when cops are called, I immediately teleport to that house and am able to pick at least one counselor off right away. I usually end up killing others that are around it. Also, people mess up the repair a lot so most of the time I'm teleporting there before they can call the cops. Then I go back to other objectives for a couple minutes. After that time, I know a couple of counselors will be by the main road waiting for cops. I pick some off then.

Even when cops arrive, at most I've had two counselors escape on me. But I've had way more instances where I kill them all before they reach the cops. I use stalk heavily after cops arrive, teleport near the exit, then pick them off as I sense em.

Again, this adds to the fun for me. It is no longer about preventing them from completing objectives, it becomes a true hunt. The best moments I've had as Jason came from killing counselors as they are attempting to escape via cars/boat or cops.

I'll say this again too... I bet most of you would hate if counselors could set traps in the same manner. Jason steps in one and is automatically trapped in at least one more after.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, iz2sick said:

The thing is, I do use multiple traps. Just not in one spot. I will trap the fuse and place another either by the doors or a spot I think they will run over to after fixing the box. This start has been working for me. Also, when cops are called, I immediately teleport to that house and am able to pick at least one counselor off right away. I usually end up killing others that are around it. Also, people mess up the repair a lot so most of the time I'm teleporting there before they can call the cops. Then I go back to other objectives for a couple minutes. After that time, I know a couple of counselors will be by the main road waiting for cops. I pick some off then.

Even when cops arrive, at most I've had two counselors escape on me. But I've had way more instances where I kill them all before they reach the cops. I use stalk heavily after cops arrive, teleport near the exit, then pick them off as I sense em.

Again, this adds to the fun for me. It is no longer about preventing them from completing objectives, it becomes a true hunt. The best moments I've had as Jason came from killing counselors as they are attempting to escape via cars/boat or cops.

I'll say this again too... I bet most of you would hate if counselors could set traps in the same manner. Jason steps in one and is automatically trapped in at least one more after.

This is great. Using your traps to stack is just boring to me. Using them in multiple locations around the objective is great though. This is the surprise element that makes the movies and the game exciting. Being trapped at the phone is unexpected. Diving in the window and getting trapped, holy crap! Being chased down just as you are about to escape ios exciting and fun.

Being killed by 3 traps at the phone is not so exciting. Being filtered into the killing floor, not so exciting. There is no thrill in it. I read a post awhile back where someone talked about as a joke everyone lined up on the road to be killed by Jason. This is what it feels like when the traps are all stacked. Ok I guess I better go to the car and await my doom, resigned to my fate. This isn't slowing me down, or making things hard, this is forcing me to come to you. That's not stalking, that's just meta gaming.

I try not to begrudge people playing a game their way and how they find it fun, because they have as much right to enjoyment as I do, yet I personally don't understand the enjoyment out of stats rather than the chase. I guess if you (not the post I quoted) just need to see the 7/7 that's ok. I would rather see a 4/7 and have had some great chases.

Sometimes, just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should, right Doctor Malcolm?

For this reason, I agree that traps should have a minimum radius for placement. You can multi trap the phone house, just not the fuse box. Sort of like the four seater. I often trap the battery and gas tank spot with one trap each. Nothing wrong with that. Go ahead and trap the fuse box, the pass behind the house and the phone itself if you want. That slows the whole thing down, gives you multiple chances to attack the counselors trying to phone cops, but doesn't remove the possibility, or the thrill of the chase.

There's an easy fix for Jason trapping the phone, for you snowflakes who just can't bear the thought of having to step in a couple traps to fix an objective that allows all players to escape.

Counselors spawning at the phone should place a beartrap right in front of the box, but don't arm it. Jason can't move it, and it blocks him from trapping the box himself.

On ‎10‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 10:58 PM, Dr. Lecter said:

There's an easy fix for Jason trapping the phone, for you snowflakes who just can't bear the thought of having to step in a couple traps to fix an objective that allows all players to escape.

Counselors spawning at the phone should place a beartrap right in front of the box, but don't arm it. Jason can't move it, and it blocks him from trapping the box himself.

Good idea about councillor bear traps except they will no doubt call that a glitch and the snowflakes that love to play as Jason will whine about it. Problem though that bag head Jason has 7 traps and can still surround the fuse box.

One thing to help is to stop marking on Jason's map where the police phone is. Let Jason have to find it like councillors have to.

As for stepping into bear traps at the phone I have done that and all it does is immediately alert Jason who comes and kills me and anyone else who does same thing. Same for when I recently disabled a trap with the pen knife. Jason was there within a few seconds and killed me.

So as I have said before trapping the phone is a big problem.

Why don't the snowflake Jason's stop trapping and do some leg work to catch the councillors instead of relying on a unfair game mechanic to do the work for them?

The other problem is the SNOWFLAKE Jason's who multi trap the lodges. I have been in a lodge at the start of a game and Jason has set traps at every window and the door leaving literally no means of escape. There needs to be a 60 second cool down between each trap set. These Jason's who multi trap lodges to get ONE councillor are pathetic snowflakes who need their favourite trap perk to be nerfed, after all, some councillor perks have been made ineffective..

2 hours ago, Peter1970 said:

Good idea about councillor bear traps except they will no doubt call that a glitch and the snowflakes that love to play as Jason will whine about it. Problem though that bag head Jason has 7 traps and can still surround the fuse box.

One thing to help is to stop marking on Jason's map where the police phone is. Let Jason have to find it like councillors have to.

As for stepping into bear traps at the phone I have done that and all it does is immediately alert Jason who comes and kills me and anyone else who does same thing. Same for when I recently disabled a trap with the pen knife. Jason was there within a few seconds and killed me.

So as I have said before trapping the phone is a big problem.

Why don't the snowflake Jason's stop trapping and do some leg work to catch the councillors instead of relying on a unfair game mechanic to do the work for them?

The other problem is the SNOWFLAKE Jason's who multi trap the lodges. I have been in a lodge at the start of a game and Jason has set traps at every window and the door leaving literally no means of escape. There needs to be a 60 second cool down between each trap set. These Jason's who multi trap lodges to get ONE councillor are pathetic snowflakes who need their favourite trap perk to be nerfed, after all, some councillor perks have been made ineffective..

Wow! You said "snowflake" 4 times in a post where you sound like a snowflake. It has been proven several times on here that multi-trapping the fuse box does not mean an instant kill for Jason. There are so many ways around it. It is an obstacle that you have to overcome, nothing more, nothing less. I multi-trap the fuse box when I play Baghead Jason. I do it because I don't want one knife or one medspray to make it possible to finish the only objective that will allow all counselors to escape. It sounds like smart play, not cheating, or being a "snowflake".

This is my last post in this "discussion" because the people that want traps to go away keep saying the same thing. And, there are only a few ways to get around those traps, and they have all been mentioned multiple times. It is a stagnant argument at this point. 

That being said, I hope everyone has fun playing the game.