bewareofbears

F13 Community Poll: What Issues Require the Most Urgent Attention?

Issues  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What issue or issues do you think need to be addressed? (You can choose multiple)

• Host Migration
    • Dedicated Servers (Consoles)
    • XBox Issues
    • How Community Interaction/Communication is Handled
    • New Content (Maps, etc.)
    • Improved Report System
    • Friendly Fire and Team-Killing
    • Various Bugs & Glitches
    • Fulfilling Physical Copies and/or other Kickstarter Rewards
    • Single Player
    • Other (Specify in your Comment)

You can choose as many as you like. If there's something other than what's listed above, specify in your comment.

Maybe this will help @wes, @Randygbk, @GunMedia_Ben and the other folks at Gun and Illphonic get a better grasp on what the most pressing issue or issues are to the community.

• Like 7

Welp I'm the only one who voted so far,  but I voted for a few. The big things for me are bug fixes and new content to play with.

As an Xbox User, I voted Xbox issues.  I want the damn game fixed for us before we even get to the other issues.  It's no fun only playing one game in ever 5 matches.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, JTDestroyer5900 said:

I voted, but would you explain what "Dedicated Servers" are? I've heard that term before but never knew what it meant.

Servers that don't disconnect you from the game every five minutes. 

I'm still waiting for host migration. Getting tired of little kids having the control telling me they will leave if I kill them. Heck this one kick threaten to leave if he didn't escape the game. I shot him. Made him leave. I can't stand people who use power like this. 

• Like 4

Number 1 priority is getting leopard print shorts for Tiffany!

But also fixing the crashes and connection time outs for Xbox.

And the mechanics need a lot of tweaks because some of the combat mechanics and Jason mechanics are laughable.

• Like 1

I think dedicated servers number one as crashing matches is the worst, it takes forever for a game to develop n start & then it crashes. Host migration is a close second too as hosts leaving is a big issue & annoying as hell. 

3 hours ago, JTDestroyer5900 said:

I voted, but would you explain what "Dedicated Servers" are? I've heard that term before but never knew what it meant.

To explain it better, dedicated servers mean everyone connects to the server and plays off of the same connection. If you are laggy in a dedicated server it's cause your own internet sucks. 

On console the game is peer-to-peer, meaning you connect to a PERSON, AKA the host, instead of a server. Since you are directly connecting to them, if they have a shit internet, everyone will lag, but the host will have no lag and what's known as "host advantage."

Dedicated Servers are universally better.

Ahh ok. I've been noticing my internet is like a ping of 60-120 but sometimes I'll get matches where everyone has 999 ping. Thanks for explaining it, although I assumed that it was the hosts fault if everyone had shitternet and the players if it was just them.

2 hours ago, SCREWNUT said:

As an Xbox User, I voted Xbox issues.  I want the damn game fixed for us before we even get to the other issues.  It's no fun only playing one game in ever 5 matches.

I expected XBox to be higher but maybe folks are lumping it in with Bugs & Glitches.

Even if they fix the Xbox version... everyone will still suffer the fundamental problems this game has. You'll basicly just replace your current gripes with other (and even deeper) ones...

2 minutes ago, pRaX said:

Even if they fix the Xbox version... everyone will still suffer the fundamental problems this game has. You'll basicly just replace your current gripes with other (and even deeper) ones...

Well I'm from the year three thousand, no update yet but I can say we live underwater now. 

For one thing I would love a system where you can rate players based on their performance, like DBD. Either a thumbs up or a thumbs down. Could potentially weed out the evil players. 

Host migration would be great. I can't tell you how many times the host has decided to rage quit because they got killed by Jason or didn't kill all of the counselors (had this so bad once where I was the sole survivor, and got to the exit after putting in the fuse and calling the police myself, attacked Jason twice. Basically had a great game, but as soon as I reached the police and escaped Jason (the host) left and I ended up not getting all the points and the CP for that whole match. I'm still crying about it to this day). 

Hopefully at some point they'll put in a thing where you get all the points you racked up from a match even if the host quits the game early.

And I don't know if anyone else is as obsessed as I am, but I've been designing some things for future content even though they won't get used. If would be really really cool if they let us submit fan ideas and create them if they're sustainable

also put an end to all the children who play F13

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Well I'm from the year three thousand, no update yet but I can say we live underwater now. 

I really don't want to be a party pooper for the Xbox crowd.. it's just the truth. At the moment they are obviously tunnelvisioned on the problems their version has. Completely understandable and it's a fucking joke how bad the Xbox version is running...

The thing is, the grass really isn't much greener on the other end... when the patch comes that brings the Xbox version on par... they'll be just as upset about the same things the rest of us is. As sad as this all sounds... it's the truth.

But at least we will be all united then... and that's a good thing... right?... right?... :(

1 minute ago, pRaX said:

I really don't want to be a party pooper for the Xbox crowd.. it's just the truth. At the moment they are obviously tunnelvisioned on the problems their version has. Completely understandable and it's a fucking joke how bad the Xbox version is running...

The thing is, the grass really isn't much greener on the other end... when the patch comes that brings the Xbox version on par... they'll be just as upset about the same things the rest of us is. As sad as this all sounds... it's the truth.

Yeah. But it will get better maybe... hopefully 

1 minute ago, Ghostboy20 said:

I'm praying to the Old Ones every day... :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pRaX said:

Brace yourself. Winter is here. 

10 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

8 minutes ago, pRaX said:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Brace yourself. Winter is here. 

Maybe if we sacrifice someone on the development team to The Lord of Light, every game will be born anew among the flames with better connection, more content, and host migration.

Not being serious of course.

3 minutes ago, LadySansaLannister said:

Maybe if we sacrifice someone on the development team to The Lord of Light, every game will be born anew among the flames with better connection, more content, and host migration.

Not being serious of course.

I don't follow Game of Thrones(?) so...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

I know, I know... I shouldn't cry... it's a waste of good suffering.

1 hour ago, bewareofbears said:

I expected XBox to be higher but maybe folks are lumping it in with Bugs & Glitches.

Honestly that should be priority number 1 in my opinion. Having one platform version of the game being virtually unplayable is unacceptable.

• Like 1