weirdkid5

Alpha Looks More Polished Than The Final Product

Thanks to @lHeartBreakerl for bringing this video up in another thread. Below I present the gameplay reveal for the game they showed about a year ago. I ask you this: why does the game in this video look much more polished than what we have?

Animations seem smoother, Jason teleports in a puff of smoke rather than simply blinking with a jarring static effect. Sense isn't nearly as blinding. Shift took a little bit more skill because you had to aim it. They could've made it so you can't shift right in front of people with this method too.

And the biggest part? NO PROXIMITY MUSIC. I feel this is something they needed to take from Dead by Daylight for whatever reason. Jason performed most of his kills in the movies without being seen, there was NOTHING to alert the Counselors of his presence. Isn't this supposed to be like the movies? Music in Rage Mode seems fair to me though. I feel like this would make the game much more horror esque, and bring that fear of Jason back to everyone.

The game is slowly starting to devolve in terms of its gameplay, and Jason is just a stun locking joke to a group of Counselors that's halfway competent.

Thoughts?

This is common.

The game needs to run on three sets of hardware, and the weakest system will always dictate the others, or you'll end up doing three sets of graphics.

The 'alpha' will likely have been an ambitious tech demo running on high end PCs, which was later found in testing to be unrealistic online on consoles.

• Like 3

If you look at the map they cut half the map. So now that lower half is gone. 

@ZooMalfunction I feel what we are seeing is single player. I wouldn't be surprised if this single player. 

3 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

@ZooMalfunction I feel what we are seeing is single player. I wouldn't be surprised if this single player. 

This gameplay was released before single player was confirmed, so i'm doubtful. The video was released for E3 2016 and single player was announced around November-December of 2016.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

This gameplay was released before single player was confirmed, so i'm doubtful. The video was released for E3 2016 and single player was announced around November-December of 2016.

True. I'm noticing there was a fear meter, it looked weird lol I love the fog and the bugs. 

Just now, Ghostboy20 said:

True. I'm noticing there was a fear meter, it looked weird lol I love the fog and the bugs. 

Wait, yeah.

Where the fuck is the fog? This didn't make the final cut?

Wait, yeah.

Where the fuck is the fog? This didn't make the final cut?

I haven't seen any. A lot of things are a bit different. If you look at the map on the far right there are some cabins and they are gone. 

Just now, lHeartBreakerl said:

Has anyone seen the kill at 2:00 in game?

I remember seeing it in the beta (I never played it but watched some videos on youtube and I remember seeing it, haven't seen it in the main game tho) 

Also when they showed  Part 6 Jason I think we got a sneak peak of how things were going to go for all players. 

Has anyone seen the kill at 2:00 in game?

It's at the fence around the barn, but that's the only place.

Noticed that all the counselors had their own death sounds in this video.. and the trailers. I wonder what happened :0 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Turtle said:

It's at the fence around the barn, but that's the only place.

Noticed that all the counselors had their own death sounds in this video.. and the trailers. I wonder what happened :0 

And the virtual cabin, lets not forget that. Each counselor has their own voice actor it's just not implemented yet. At least for the males, except for Chad.

Posting more pre-release content below:

Some mocap

And for those of you wondering why 6, 8, and 9 are in the game:

Shout out to @GunMedia_Ben lmao. He looks scared of Kane in the thumbnail.

And would ya look at that, part 7 is using an axe.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Shout out to @GunMedia_Ben lmao. He looks scared of Kane in the thumbnail.

I would be scared too. He's Jason, he'll kill you lol

I like seeing the pitchfork, would be cool seeing it equipped to other Jason's. 

Just now, Ghostboy20 said:

I would be scared too. He's Jason, he'll kill you lol

I like seeing the pitchfork, would be cool seeing it equipped to other Jason's. 

Same. I can't really blame him.

It'd be nice for a different Jason to use a pitchfork. Hopefully the weapon switch feature is brought back someday. 

Jason could switch weapons in Alpha if im not mistaken.

Not sure why they removed the fog when he shifted or morphed. Never understood that one. Looked a lot better, plus a better way to camolfague Jason near the counselors, even if a dead giveaway. Think about it, more fogs on the maps, now shift and morph combined with the fog itself from Jason would've been deadly.

I do sort of agree that his chase music might make more sense in the final 5 minutes of the game or so.

Shift im ok with as long as they change grab/instant kill into a skill event. Look im sorry, undead Jasons simply need it or they'll catch NOBODY. Even with fog.

Same. I can't really blame him.

It'd be nice for a different Jason to use a pitchfork. Hopefully the weapon switch feature is brought back someday. 

I hope it is. Sack head Jason would be 100% my main if I can put a pitchfork in his hands and go around saying "Get off my farm! Ya'll sinners!" 

Just now, tyrant666 said:

Shift im ok with as long as they change grab/instant kill into a skill event. Look im sorry, undead Jasons simply need it or they'll catch NOBODY. Even with fog.

I agree. I think shift is the only thing that was seriously improved from this alpha footage.

1 hour ago, weirdkid5 said:

Thanks to @lHeartBreakerl for bringing this video up in another thread. Below I present the gameplay reveal for the game they showed about a year ago. I ask you this: why does the game in this video look much more polished than what we have?

Animations seem smoother, Jason teleports in a puff of smoke rather than simply blinking with a jarring static effect. Sense isn't nearly as blinding. Shift took a little bit more skill because you had to aim it. They could've made it so you can't shift right in front of people with this method too.

And the biggest part? NO PROXIMITY MUSIC. I feel this is something they needed to take from Dead by Daylight for whatever reason. Jason performed most of his kills in the movies without being seen, there was NOTHING to alert the Counselors of his presence. Isn't this supposed to be like the movies? Music in Rage Mode seems fair to me though. I feel like this would make the game much more horror esque, and bring that fear of Jason back to everyone.

The game is slowly starting to devolve in terms of its gameplay, and Jason is just a stun locking joke to a group of Counselors that's halfway competent.

Thoughts?

Looks less cartoony than the final product. The new lighting is quite a bit different and I don't know if it's for the better.

• Like 1

I just disregard this whole thread as being the same case as with Aliens: Colonial Marines. That video is most likely one of those so called "vertical slices" were alot of that stuff is touched up, scripted and fake as hell. Just a PR video where it's made to look as good as possible.

Also...I love those old sound blips. They must have removed the sound and just left the visual somewhere along the way.

1 minute ago, pRaX said:

I just disregard this whole thread as being the same case as with Aliens: Colonial Marines. That video is most likely one of those so called "vertical slices" were alot of that stuff is touched up, scripted and fake as hell. Just a PR video where it's made to look as good as possible.

You're probably right, makes sense.

One thing that does stand out is the much thicker density of the forestry/trees - which is much more akin to what we saw in the films. All maps do look bare in comparison to the films. Never felt I was "deep in the woods" at any point in a playthrough. 

• Like 2

I'm fine with the static over the fog, because the fog looked Nightcrawler-esque.

I miss the music cue kicking in the second Jason was in view. Also what happened to the button that 'turned Jason's head' toward a councillor?

I also miss the feeling of real contact in the animations as opposed to axes going through doors without chopping holes in them or jaws being ripped off when Jason's hand isn't in their mouth but instead just floating through their faces, etc. I remember a video with Part 7 chopping through a door to kill someone hiding under the bed, and a fire extinguisher rattled off of the wall as he was chopping.

I knew straight away that level of detail was never going to make it into the main game.

18 minutes ago, Guy said:

I'm fine with the static over the fog, because the fog looked Nightcrawler-esque.

I miss the music cue kicking in the second Jason was in view. Also what happened to the button that 'turned Jason's head' toward a councillor?

I also miss the feeling of real contact in the animations as opposed to axes going through doors without chopping holes in them or jaws being ripped off when Jason's hand isn't in their mouth but instead just floating through their faces, etc. I remember a video with Part 7 chopping through a door to kill someone hiding under the bed, and a fire extinguisher rattled off of the wall as he was chopping.

I knew straight away that level of detail was never going to make it into the main game.

Check above I included that video.

2 hours ago, pRaX said:

That game also had a massive lawsuit behind it for false advertisement, not a good comparison.

Also, with the state the game is in, you really think they had that much ability to do what you describe? Even if it is just a touch up, what we see here is miles more interesting than the final product.

@Randygbk some of the things in this video would be great in the game instead of what we have now. Mostly the no music and how Shift works I think would be waaaaay better.

• Like 1