Sign in to follow this  
LadySansaLannister

Halloween

I just finished watching OG Halloween 2 and I'm wondering what one I should watch next.

A reviewer I used to watch gave two options 

1. Watch I, II, and end with IV. He didn't like Season of The Witch and he HATED 5 and 6.

2. Watch I, II, and end with H20. He hated Resurrection.

Or I could watch them all chronologically.

The only thing is H20 and Resurrection are a separate timeline since the filmmakers wrote so parts 4-6 don't exist.

I'd go with the options he gave you. They at least show an end to Michael

Part 3 is good to watch as a stand alone film. John Carpenter and crew wanted to tell an anthlology style movie series so take out Halloween and it's not a bad film to watch.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Beetlejuice91 said:

The only thing is H20 and Resurrection are a separate timeline since the filmmakers wrote so parts 4-6 don't exist.

I'd go with the options he gave you. They at least show an end to Michael

Part 3 is good to watch as a stand alone film. John Carpenter and crew wanted to tell an anthlology style movie series so take out Halloween and it's not a bad film to watch.

Thanks!

1,2,4,5 are the top ones for me.  4 and 5 connect to 1 and 2 very loosely so they count.

3 is great by itself.  Everything from 6 onward is a hot mess.

On July 14, 2017 at 0:50 PM, LadySansaLannister said:

I just finished watching OG Halloween 2 and I'm wondering what one I should watch next.

A reviewer I used to watch gave two options 

1. Watch I, II, and end with IV. He didn't like Season of The Witch and he HATED 5 and 6.

2. Watch I, II, and end with H20. He hated Resurrection.

Or I could watch them all chronologically.

For me, Donald Pleasence as Dr. Loomis is a much a part of Halloween as Michael Myers. You will see some bad films but I suggest going 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and watching 3 as a stand alone. If at all possible, watch the Producer's Cut of Part 6. It's the superior version in my eyes.

1 hour ago, bewareofbears said:

If at all possible, watch the Producer's Cut of Part 6. It's the superior version in my eyes.

It was "spookier" but I don't like the idea of Michael being defeated by some stones arranged in a circle. The guy's been shot hundreds of times but a little hocus pocus does him in. Just doesn't seem right.

I like IV better than H20 (in fact IV is probably my second favourite of the whole series).

So personally, while I've ended up seeing them all over the years, I reckon I-II-IV would be a decent way to experience the original Michael Myers run.

I'd watch 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, H20, then Resurrection.  I'm not huge on 5(Shut up, Tina), and I love Halloween 6, but all these movies have their good if you ask me.  It's all a matter of opinion and personal preference.  I even like the Rob Zombie remake, for the most part.  The second zombie Halloween is GARBAGE though.  I won't watch it a second time.