Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
LadySansaLannister

Halloween

Recommended Posts

I just finished watching OG Halloween 2 and I'm wondering what one I should watch next.

A reviewer I used to watch gave two options 

1. Watch I, II, and end with IV. He didn't like Season of The Witch and he HATED 5 and 6.

2. Watch I, II, and end with H20. He hated Resurrection.

Or I could watch them all chronologically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only thing is H20 and Resurrection are a separate timeline since the filmmakers wrote so parts 4-6 don't exist.

I'd go with the options he gave you. They at least show an end to Michael

Part 3 is good to watch as a stand alone film. John Carpenter and crew wanted to tell an anthlology style movie series so take out Halloween and it's not a bad film to watch.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Beetlejuice91 said:

The only thing is H20 and Resurrection are a separate timeline since the filmmakers wrote so parts 4-6 don't exist.

I'd go with the options he gave you. They at least show an end to Michael

Part 3 is good to watch as a stand alone film. John Carpenter and crew wanted to tell an anthlology style movie series so take out Halloween and it's not a bad film to watch.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1,2,4,5 are the top ones for me.  4 and 5 connect to 1 and 2 very loosely so they count.

3 is great by itself.  Everything from 6 onward is a hot mess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On July 14, 2017 at 0:50 PM, LadySansaLannister said:

I just finished watching OG Halloween 2 and I'm wondering what one I should watch next.

A reviewer I used to watch gave two options 

1. Watch I, II, and end with IV. He didn't like Season of The Witch and he HATED 5 and 6.

2. Watch I, II, and end with H20. He hated Resurrection.

Or I could watch them all chronologically.

For me, Donald Pleasence as Dr. Loomis is a much a part of Halloween as Michael Myers. You will see some bad films but I suggest going 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and watching 3 as a stand alone. If at all possible, watch the Producer's Cut of Part 6. It's the superior version in my eyes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bewareofbears said:

If at all possible, watch the Producer's Cut of Part 6. It's the superior version in my eyes.

It was "spookier" but I don't like the idea of Michael being defeated by some stones arranged in a circle. The guy's been shot hundreds of times but a little hocus pocus does him in. Just doesn't seem right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like IV better than H20 (in fact IV is probably my second favourite of the whole series).

So personally, while I've ended up seeing them all over the years, I reckon I-II-IV would be a decent way to experience the original Michael Myers run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd watch 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, H20, then Resurrection.  I'm not huge on 5(Shut up, Tina), and I love Halloween 6, but all these movies have their good if you ask me.  It's all a matter of opinion and personal preference.  I even like the Rob Zombie remake, for the most part.  The second zombie Halloween is GARBAGE though.  I won't watch it a second time.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...