Was just looking through my save data on ps4. And while most saved data varies from 2 mb to 10 mb, the saved data from this game is at 500mb.

Wtf???? Shouldn't our profile data be saved to a cloud or something?

Does that mean if our ps4's break down and we get a new one we have to start from level 1 all over again?

Just now, Seeker said:

Was just looking through my save data on ps4. And while most saved data varies from 2 mb to 10 mb, the saved data from this game is at 500mb.

Does that mean if our ps4 break down and we get a new one we have to start from level 1 all over again?

Saved data alone is 500MB reserved space?

I'll have to double check this when I get home. That's fucking insane.

Just now, lHeartBreakerl said:

Saved data alone is 500MB?

I'll have to double check this when I get home. That's fucking insane.

Yeah I was looking for something to delete because I didn't have enough space for the ffxv update and I didn't want to delete any applications. 

Everything else was mostly 2mb, highest was 10mb. 

But this game is half of 1gb in save data alone. 

3 minutes ago, Seeker said:

Does that mean if our ps4's break down and we get a new one we have to start from level 1 all over again?

I'm pretty sure our levels and stuff are saved on the backend.

If not, we could easily have a lost progress bug all over again like in DbD

2 minutes ago, weirdkid5 said:

I'm pretty sure our levels and stuff are saved on the backend.

If not, we could easily have a lost progress bug all over again like in DbD

What's the 500mb save data for then and what happens if we delete it?

8 minutes ago, Seeker said:

I accidentally deleted entire game and had to re-download and all my data was still there when I logged in. 

2 minutes ago, Seeker said:

What's the 500mb save data for then and what happens if we delete it?

They probably don't know what compression is, seeing as their barely updates are like a whole gig and shit.

They said during the original level 0 glitch that our levels and progress were saved on the backend servers, but who honestly knows. Make a secondary account, get it up a level or 2, and then delete it and let us know what happens.

Just now, Ethan said:

Does that included screenshots and videos as well?

No, those are saved separately in the Capture Gallery.

5 minutes ago, weirdkid5 said:

They probably don't know what compression is, seeing as their barely updates are like a whole gig and shit.

They said during the original level 0 glitch that our levels and progress were saved on the backend servers, but who honestly knows. Make a secondary account, get it up a level or 2, and then delete it and let us know what happens.

Yeah I'm not buying ps plus to test that out lol 

@Ethan no it's saved data alone

Maybe they are using it as a replacement for the lacking RAM on consoles :lol:

On PC, the folder, where it's saving it's stuff, like configs, savefiles etc... is 16Mb.

I want to know exactly what the 500mb save data is, if it's unnecessary then I can delete it. 

5 hours ago, Seeker said:

You should really learn more about the PS4 and PSN. If you delete a game the save data will remain on the HDD (videos & screenshots too). If you have a PS Plus subscription every save data file will be automatically uploaded to the cloud which has a size of 10 GB unless you changed that setting (which can be done for each game individually). On top of that you can always copy save files to a USB stick. There's also a built-in backup & restore feature in case you switch the console. You're welcome. RTFM.

26 minutes ago, Rok73 said:

You should really learn more about the PS4 and PSN. If you delete a game the save data will remain on the HDD (videos & screenshots too). If you have a PS Plus subscription every save data file will be automatically uploaded to the cloud which has a size of 10 GB unless you changed that setting (which can be done for each game individually). On top of that you can always copy save files to a USB stick. There's also a built-in backup & restore feature in case you switch the console. You're welcome. RTFM.

I already knew all that. I was referring to consoles unexpectedly breaking down and yes I forgot about the ps plus cloud storage.

I rarely use cloud storage.

Just checked this and mine is 590.9mb saved also final fantasy 15 is 629.2mb just for comparison lol

1 hour ago, Davidt said:

Just checked this and mine is 590.9mb saved also final fantasy 15 is 629.2mb just for comparison lol

Haven't checked my final fantasy 15 but it's understandable for a massive open world game with intense graphics like that to be 600+ mb.

No idea why f13 has mb as high as 500+ mb

2 hours ago, Seeker said:

Haven't checked my final fantasy 15 but it's understandable for a massive open world game with intense graphics like that to be 600+ mb.

No idea why f13 has mb as high as 500+ mb

Yeah i looked at all my save files and most are 30mb tops with f13 being so small download file idk y saved file is more than 500mb

4 hours ago, Davidt said:

Yeah i looked at all my save files and most are 30mb tops with f13 being so small download file idk y saved file is more than 500mb

If our profile data is saved to the backend then it's safe to delete that?

Can you test it out?

10 minutes ago, Seeker said:

If our profile data is saved to the backend then it's safe to delete that?

Can you test it out?

Lol asks someone else to delete their profile save because he's too chicken to do it himself.

30 minutes ago, weirdkid5 said:

Lol asks someone else to delete their profile save because he's too chicken to do it himself.

Well yeah I am because I have no usb and my ps plus ran out so I can't make a copy of the saved data. ?

@GunMedia_Ben tell us what the saved data is for please. 

Even if u delete it next time u play it will just save again anyway and that 500mb will be back on there. Or are u not playing the game anymore and want some space for other games?

1 hour ago, Davidt said:

Even if u delete it next time u play it will just save again anyway and that 500mb will be back on there. Or are u not playing the game anymore and want some space for other games?

I don't play every day, I do about 4 or 5 games every few days or so.

Tbh though i haven't played in a week or so because of this crazy flu I have.

But yeah I'm not gonna delete the game until I'm bored of it.

And I'm sure if the 500mb is irrelevant they can patch it or compress it.

Turned on my ps4 to play Friday the 13th tonight and all my perks and badges and everything was gone and for some reason I was back to level 4 can anyone help I've tried everything I can think of