Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
lHeartBreakerl

Monsterverse - Godzilla news

Recommended Posts

Looks like King Ghidorah is coming to the next Godzilla sequel along with Mothra and Rodan.

I'm super fucking pumped.

It's gonna be hard to top this monster movie. I doubt the Kong V Godzilla movie will be as good. But time will tell. Here's the cryptic tweet:

DEkeRdnWsAApb9j.jpg

ig8petH.jpg

119815.jpg

Here's the full text of events. Note that some are still missing.

1915 - SPLITTING OF THE ATOM -
Albert Einstein's general theory of relativity ultimately leads to the splitting of the atom and the dawn of the atomic age. The epoch-defining stage in human evolution will act as a beacon that awakens ancient superspecies sustained by nuclear energy.

1943 - THE U.S.S. LAWTON INCIDENT - [incomplete entry]
[Godzilla attacks the U.S.S. Lawton] Haunted by the memory of that day, Randa will go on to become MONARCH's foremost operatives, searching for the truth behind ancient creatures that exist beneath the surface of the world.

1946 - MONARCH FOUNDED -
After the cover-up of the U.S.S. Lawton incident, President Truman unofficially establishes "MONARCH unit", a small, off-book research team established to engage in the systematic study of "Massive Unidentified Terrestrial Organisms". Privately, many of Truman's allies question the validity of the group's theories and work to keep their existence secret. 

1952 - THE GREAT SMOG OF LONDON -
Baffling meteorologists and defying atmospheric physicists, this unexplained phenomenon saw London's streets overwhelmed by huge clouds of air-polluting smoke. MONARCH theorizes that the beating wings of a giant creature could have created an anticyclone that unleashed airborne pollutants across the city.

1959 - SIBERIAN MYSTERY -
At the height of the Cold War, aerial photography taken from a Russian spy plane reveals a huge containment facility established around an ice cap in Siberia. The MONARCH symbol can be seen emblazoned across the canopy of the structure.

1973 - MISSION: SKULL -
MONARCH surreptitiously Landsat and the 2st Aviation Brigade, 3rd Assault Helicopter Company, to mount an expedition to the mythical "Skull Island" in an uncharted corner of the South Pacific. Encountering the god-like superspecies known as Kong, they soon discover that mankind does not belong here. 

1991 - ISLA  DE MONA -
The covert MONARCH team establishes a quarantine zone around the island's dormant volcano, under the guise of 'environmental research'. Over the coming years what began as a small scientific outpost will expand to become a full containment facility around the mouth of the volcano.

1995 - RETURN TO SKULL ISLAND -

1999 - JANJIRA MELTDOWN -

2005 - A MYSTERIOUS MERCENARY -
Former British Army Colonel and MI-6 agent Jonah Alan is locked up in Pakistani prison after an encounter with MONARCH agents. Alan and his band of mercenary accomplises were caught trying to breach the walls of a subterranean M.U.T.O. dig-site.

2009 - TEMPLE OF THE MOTH -
Mythographic studies of Chinese temples leads MONARCH to the high-altitude jungles of the Unnan Province. Dr. Emma Russell and her team follow a mysterious bio-acoustic signature to a previously undiscovered megalithic temple, within which lies a gigantic cocoon. A quickening heartbeat is detected inside.

2012 - MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE -
Days before retirement, MONARCH veteran Houston Brooks receives a coded message from his son. The mission to Skull Island has revealed dramatic new information about Kong's origins, and his role on the island.

2014 - THE BATTLE OF SAN FRANCISCO -
The existence of giant superspecies is revealed to the world as Godzilla clashes with the two M.U.T.O.s in the center of San Francisco. Unleashing devastation upon the urban center, the world watches as Godzilla defends our world and restores balance to the natural order. The time has come for MONARCH to step out of the shadows.

2016 - MONSTER ZERO -
When MONARCH discover an extraordinary superspecies sealed beneath the Antarctic ice sheet, Dr. Vivienne Graham leads the effort to build a covert containment and research facility around the dormant creature. Her classified field notes contain a mysterious footnote: "The devil has three heads."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Looks like King Ghidorah is coming to the next Godzilla sequel along with Mothra and Rodan.

I'm super fucking pumped.

It's gonna be hard to top this monster movie. I doubt the Kong V Godzilla movie will be as good. But time will tell. Here's the cryptic tweet:

 

Skull Island was great- I'm excited for the next Godzilla. I liked the last one but I think having more monsters to fight will make the next one more fun. The first was a good story but it's not something I want to watch again anytime soon whereas the Japanese Godzilla movies are still entertaining with repeated viewings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bewareofbears said:

Skull Island was great- I'm excited for the next Godzilla. I liked the last one but I think having more monsters to fight will make the next one more fun. The first was a good story but it's not something I want to watch again anytime soon whereas the Japanese Godzilla movies are still entertaining with repeated viewings.

I was genuinely surprised with Skull Island. I'm glad it ditched the whole "beauty killed the beast" BS.

Definitely one of my favorite monster movies. I'm looking forward to what else Legendary has to offer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really enjoyed the last two Godzilla movies (GODZILLA (2014) and Japan's SHIN GODZILLA) and fucking loved KONG: SKULL ISLAND.

I think that people that shit on KONG: SKULL ISLAND tend to forget how goofy and pulpy the original, 1933 KING KONG actually was.

As much as I think a remake of KING KONG VS. GODZILLA will be a lot of fun, I have to say that I am even more pumped to see King Ghidorah realized with state of the art effects on the big screen.

I am a huge Godzilla fanboy, who has read all of the best English language books on the subject (THE ILLUSTRATED GODZILLA ENCYCLOPEDIA, JAPAN'S GREATEST MON-STAR, etc.), and the idea of seeing the designs of my favorite Kaiju onscreen, with millions of dollars rendering them...

Oof. I don't even know how to communicate what a tremendous thrill that is. As someone who has been a fan for over three decades, and was 21 years old when the 1998 GODZILLA came out and crushed my dreams, this is a really awesome time to be alive.

And I can't wait for the Netflix Animated GODZILLA movie either (can you believe it's the FIRST Godzilla Anime ever?!).

But my life won't be complete until I see a Hollywood quality CGI version of this bad boy up on the screens:

f1i9hg_5erSPgXK8Bhz-oFSpBd5MTxaQ-rD2ZpAD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think 1 land monster(Godzilla) vs 3 flying monsters(Mothra, Rodan, Ghidorah) is a mistake but that's just my opinion. I would rather have seen something like Gigan instead of Rodan. I'm sure I will be entertained nonetheless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RKSDooM said:

Really enjoyed the last two Godzilla movies (GODZILLA (2014) and Japan's SHIN GODZILLA) and fucking loved KONG: SKULL ISLAND.

I think that people that shit on KONG: SKULL ISLAND tend to forget how goofy and pulpy the original, 1933 KING KONG actually was.

As much as I think a remake of KING KONG VS. GODZILLA will be a lot of fun, I have to say that I am even more pumped to see King Ghidorah realized with state of the art effects on the big screen.

I am a huge Godzilla fanboy, who has read all of the best English language books on the subject (THE ILLUSTRATED GODZILLA ENCYCLOPEDIA, JAPAN'S GREATEST MON-STAR, etc.), and the idea of seeing the designs of my favorite Kaiju onscreen, with millions of dollars rendering them...

Oof. I don't even know how to communicate what a tremendous thrill that is. As someone who has been a fan for over three decades, and was 21 years old when the 1998 GODZILLA came out and crushed my dreams, this is a really awesome time to be alive.

And I can't wait for the Netflix Animated GODZILLA movie either (can you believe it's the FIRST Godzilla Anime ever?!).

But my life won't be complete until I see a Hollywood quality CGI version of this bad boy up on the screens:

f1i9hg_5erSPgXK8Bhz-oFSpBd5MTxaQ-rD2ZpAD

I was watching a colourized version of the original King Kong today after reading the OP. I've had it for a while but enjoy the black-and-white more. Anyway, that scene where Fay Wray gets accidently slapped is so awkward and unintentionally hilarious... They act like it's no big deal in the movie but I have to imagine even in 1933 she'd tell him where to go.

I really enjoyed Shin Godzilla, it was slow but interesting. Getting away from the campy Matrix-influenced Final Wars was good by me too. I did enjoyed Final Wars though, and it has it's place among the films. Seeing Godzilla take out Zilla always make me smile. :)

Thanks for mentioning the anime, it's news to me and I'm looking forward to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 monsters against godzilla in one movie may be a bit much. Apparently thats where spider man 3 went wrong having too many villains hope this movie is a better success

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Davidt said:

3 monsters against godzilla in one movie may be a bit much. Apparently thats where spider man 3 went wrong having too many villains hope this movie is a better success

There are so many things wrong with Spider-Man 3 it would take days to write... there's probably an "Everything Wrong with Spider-Man 3" video on YouTube though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

There are so many things wrong with Spider-Man 3 it would take days to write... there's probably an "Everything Wrong with Spider-Man 3" video on YouTube though.

Lots complained too many villains I heard. I still enjoy it but everyone to their own liking I suppose 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My knowledge doesn't go much past the movies...but I have seen all the Godzilla movies (and own most of them).

All but Shin Godzilla, anyway. Wish it would get a UK release, I've managed to still stay away from almost all the spoilers on that one. May have to do the US import.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Davidt said:

3 monsters against godzilla in one movie may be a bit much. Apparently thats where spider man 3 went wrong having too many villains hope this movie is a better success

Who said they were all going to work together against Godzilla? ;)

I'm hoping for an all out brawl. But they'll probably team Godzilla with Mothra again or something. Not sure how I feel about that. 

Also, @bewareofbears and @RKSDooM have you seen the post credit scene for Skull Island?

Ghidorah is so back.

Edit: Also added more images to the OP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Who said they were all going to work together against Godzilla? ;)

I'm hoping for an all out brawl. But they'll probably team Godzilla with Mothra again or something. Not sure how I feel about that. 

Also, @bewareofbears and @RKSDooM have you seen the post credit scene for Skull Island?

Ghidorah is so back.

Edit: Also added more images to the OP

I did, I was stoked. Made the people I was with wait but I knew what was coming because the names of the monsters were in the credits trademarked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Davidt said:

3 monsters against godzilla in one movie may be a bit much. Apparently thats where spider man 3 went wrong having too many villains hope this movie is a better success

They may go for a Destroy All Monster's vibe though and make it all 3 of them vs. King Ghidorah at the end.  Which would fit with him usually being one of if not the main villain  save that experimental phase in college.

 

I'm looking forward to an eventual Mechagodzilla IV myself but I could use some more Gigan in my life too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Who said they were all going to work together against Godzilla? ;)

I'm hoping for an all out brawl. But they'll probably team Godzilla with Mothra again or something. Not sure how I feel about that. 

Also, @bewareofbears and @RKSDooM have you seen the post credit scene for Skull Island?

Ghidorah is so back.

Edit: Also added more images to the OP

Voorhees a jolly good fellow did lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

@VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow confirmation on if it will be a 3 v 1 or a free for all?

Hopefully the latter.

Mothra and Ghidorah's characterization in the past has mostly been that they are enemies so probably free for all until the end when they team up against Ghidorah. I predict Rodan dies first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Mothra and Ghidorah's characterization in the past has mostly been that they are enemies so probably free for all until the end when they team up against Ghidorah. I predict Rodan dies first.

True. I know Mothra and godzilla have teamed in the past so I expect that at least. Probably towards the end.

We already know godzilla won't die because sequels. I bet rodan and ghidorah will kick the bucket. And I agree with you that rodan will probably die first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

I'm curious to see a Hollywood take on Mothra. 

 

Here's some cool fan art for the new movie in the meantime.

godzilla-vs--king-ghidorah-in-the-2019-f

194abeaee93d5686c6271544e73641b7.jpg

godzilla-2-movie-rodan-fanart.jpg

godzilla__mothras__and_rodan_by_inkveil_

rodan_by_blackmatter234-d7zp0r1.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Here's some cool fan art for the new movie in the meantime...

Like the Ghidorah and the Larva Mothras, but not a fan of the Rodan or the adult Mothra.

I prefer Mothra to look more like how she looked in her last couple of appearances:

1g4SZxFWFxDNiHXUEFpL6n_ZZoCk933hQ5Iao44_

And I prefer the Rodan design with the shorter "beak" from the original film:

w5twbACW3UDf3B9dQapAN9Q4pvxZxosQfb8w5Sve

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

Just read the article about Toho being unable to make another Godzilla until after 2020.

:(

I saw that too. I love what legendary has done so far, but it feels like toho got the short end of the stick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a bummer about Toho saying noho to SHIN GODZILLA sequels until 2020, but considering the loooooong gap between GODZILLA: FINAL WARS and SHIN GODZILLA (the longest in the series' history), I can hang.

We'll have the Legendary films and the trilogy of anime films to keep us entertained, in the meantime.

I'm in the middle of rewatching KONG: SKULL ISLAND with my girlfriend. I forgot how much I dig on it. Stuff like the hollow Earth and the perpetual storm system really feel like the kind of fun, goofy science that you see in the Toho films (with their Oxygen Destroyers, mazer tanks and black hole guns), which is awesome.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watched Skull Island yesterday. Great movie! And Kong is "still growing"...! Can't wait to see how big he's gotten when he is facing off against Godzilla. So, the 2014 film is a part of the monster-verse Legendary is making right? That would make Kong a prequel? Anyone know where on the timeline King of Monsters and KvsG are going to be?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...