Jump to content
Nubcakes

Why Does Everyone Say Savini Is Overpowered?

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Ghostboy20 said:

That's an axe? Thought that was a razor. 

Maybe you're right... surviving him was always a close shave ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Pjthines said:

Maybe you're right... surviving him was always a close shave ;)

Screen1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bet the cries of OP wouldn't be the case if it were sweater face instead of hell Jason ;)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

GOD TIER
  • Savini Jason: The backer-exclusive Savini Jason roundly outclasses all other options by just about every metric you can possibly throw at him. There's a lot of anger and (I suspect consequent) misinformation about him out there, from people who either don't have him or don't like that he exists. Regardless of how you feel about Gun Media or Kickstarter or anything else, this does not change the fact that Savini Jason's kit is extremely powerful, to "Guile in original Street Fighter II" degrees. He has the three best strengths in the game (+Shift, +Weapon Strength, +Destruction), he is one of only two Jasons to have a long-range weapon, and his weaknesses are all non-issues. His cumulative ability cooldown is 1:35, giving him the second-best opportunity potential behind Jason Part 9. The bottom line is that Savini Jason has all of the best tools for controlling objectives, pursuing counselors, and killing them quickly.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ThePainkiller said:

 

GOD TIER
  • Savini Jason: The backer-exclusive Savini Jason roundly outclasses all other options by just about every metric you can possibly throw at him. There's a lot of anger and (I suspect consequent) misinformation about him out there, from people who either don't have him or don't like that he exists. Regardless of how you feel about Gun Media or Kickstarter or anything else, this does not change the fact that Savini Jason's kit is extremely powerful, to "Guile in original Street Fighter II" degrees. He has the three best strengths in the game (+Shift, +Weapon Strength, +Destruction), he is one of only two Jasons to have a long-range weapon, and his weaknesses are all non-issues. His cumulative ability cooldown is 1:35, giving him the second-best opportunity potential behind Jason Part 9. The bottom line is that Savini Jason has all of the best tools for controlling objectives, pursuing counselors, and killing them quickly.

Yeah! Whoever wrote that must know what he's talking about. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I either get nice reactions and people asking how to get the skin, or P2W comments lately. 

Hes strong, but depending on your playstyle, not the best, and certainly beatable. Groups that move together and defend one another can cause massive headaches for him.

No denying his strengths are good, but to be fair, all the Jasons are more than capable to destroy the whole bunch of councilors; hes not leaps and bounds over others.

I personally get more worried with part 8 showing up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me too, it's Part 8 that I've consistently found to be the scariest chaser. Him and 2, due to all of 2's traps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My tier list now is: 2 > 9 > 3/8 > 6 > 7

If Savini is the same in practice as in paper, he'd easily be above 2.

7 is the only bad one IMO. The difference between tiers is relatively minor, apart from 7, which is a clear grade lower than the rest. 2/9 may be the same tier, and 3/8/6 too, but 7 is still bottom, and there is a definite separation between those three groups.

I'd also possibly argue that 9 obseletes 6. It's not entirely true, but both are chaser Shift+ Jasons, and I just feel 9 is better at it. 6 is still ok, but just arguably unnecessary.

Sense+ isn't needed as regular sense is already enough, and crucially at your shift limit. So Sense+ just confuses you with unreachable targets. With 9, a sense hit is always a possible kill, and a viable Shift target. With 6, you may go after someone too far away rather than a guaranteed kill.

-Traps is largely better than - Morph, as Morph patrolling an objective can sub for trapping it. Finite Traps cannot sub for a quicker recharging Morph that stays worthwhile the whole match though, as what happens when you need to Morph to a moving vehicle? Traps are no good then. Traps can also be countered. Morph cannot.

+Stun is better than -Defence. -HP means nothing. +Knives means nothing. +Stalk is good for Stalk-Shifting. +Reach is unique and good, but only balances out the 'B' perks at best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Rydog said:

Yeah! Whoever wrote that must know what he's talking about. ;)

Ive played as all the Jason's and your list is pretty spot on. The weakness of -water speed for Savini is a non issue. Half the time there isnt even a boat. Cant Run is mostly a default weakness anyway. He's pretty much a steak Chimichanga without the calories.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm one of the few who has Savini Jason.  As SJ, I have had my good games where I've killed everyone or close to everyone.  At the same time, I've had some of my worse games with him; games where I've only killed 3/8 or 4/8.

On paper, yes, he is without a doubt the best Jason.  That still doesn't make him OP or invincible.  Player skill will always outweigh stats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The issue with Savini is this:

3, 8 and 6/9 all have specific roles. 3 is the chopper, 8 is the door breaker, and 6/9 are chasers.

All work fine as Jason, but have drawbacks to mitigate their strengths. 3 has poor sense and is easily stunable. 8 has practically no other benefits. 6/9 have weaker objective control.

Savini takes the strengths of these Jasons, and has none of their weaknesses. He can chase, chop, and smash, without (practical) penalty or sacrifice.

My tier list is:

S: Savini

A: 2/9

B: 3/8/6

D: 7

6/9 are similar, but 9 is a strict upgrade as from 6 IMO. He's still lacking compared to Savini, so deserves a tier in the middle. I also place 2 in that tier between baseline and OP because it also has a unique archetype (trapper) but I value objective control very highly. More so than smashing/chopping/chasing, and it's something unique to him - Savini can't emulate his niche.

7 is just garbage though of course. No relevant skills and a lot of relevant weaknesses. The only bad Jason of the bunch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's an exclusive character so there's always going to be a complaint against him because of the envy that comes along with it being an exclusive character.

He utilizes the same skills that every other Jason does. He isn't going to be changed to placate the whiners. He isn't going to be made artificially weaker.

Play him and enjoy him. Ignore what people say because it doesn't matter.

To answer your question specifically why people say it is because it's an underhanded attempt to get the devs to make him suck or to affect him in some way because they've come to accept that he isn't going to be sold again and they settle for spiting the backers since they can't be equal to them.

If you want proof of this upon release once it became common knowledge it was an exclusive character nobody was calling for nerfs they were calling for him to be resold again.

Once the statement came out that it wasn't going to happen that's when the arguments for him being overpowered came.

Vindictive and petty people basically. Yes they recognize each other. Yes they will work together.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The weapon strength is really not there. I've tried to do hitting people to get them into limping mode, but it just doesn't work, and the added problem is no SIDE range, making a counselor who is weaving left and right mostly unhitable.

But, meh, if you wanna say he's OP, go ahead, I'll pick 7 and you'll be yelling at me that I'm abusing his non-buffs (such as using stalk and waiting for you outside of a house).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

The weapon strength is really not there. I've tried to do hitting people to get them into limping mode, but it just doesn't work, and the added problem is no SIDE range, making a counselor who is weaving left and right mostly unhitable.

But, meh, if you wanna say he's OP, go ahead, I'll pick 7 and you'll be yelling at me that I'm abusing his non-buffs (such as using stalk and waiting for you outside of a house).

You could instead just pick 9, who shares the weakness of only 3 traps, but not only has Stalk+, but also double the Shift.

There's really no reason to pick Part 7. Every other Jason outclasses him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love it when other players play savini, his music makes the game feel more intense, he's not op in my opinion.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chrisi98 said:

I love it when other players play savini, his music makes the game feel more intense, he's not op in my opinion.

I love hearing both Savini Jason's music and NES Jason's. Savini gives me nightmares while NES Jason reminds me of the old days of video games and it's fun running from the purple man. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There has yet to be one post in this thread detailing why Savini is not better, stats wise, than the other Jasons. Only saying "jealousy" and not actual arguing any points. +Shift and + Destruction is the best perk combo of any of the Jasons is the bottom line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, agnes said:

There has yet to be one post in this thread detailing why Savini is not better, stats wise, than the other Jasons. Only saying "jealousy" and not actual arguing any points. +Shift and + Destruction is the best perk combo of any of the Jasons is the bottom line.

He does has good stats but that doesn't make him pay to win. In the wrong hands Savini Jason can be the worse. Like any other Jason. In the right hands any Jason can be the powerful. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, agnes said:

There has yet to be one post in this thread detailing why Savini is not better, stats wise, than the other Jasons. Only saying "jealousy" and not actual arguing any points. +Shift and + Destruction is the best perk combo of any of the Jasons is the bottom line.

Sure not a problem. Savini isn't better because the developers, the ones who designed the game and have access to all the numbers, all the design input and considerations, understand the weightings, wouldn't design one overpowered Jason.

Because all Jason versions draw from the same skill pool. The only thing different is cooldowns. What one loses in the ability to recast shift is made up in another way whether it's running or enhanced stalk for a better stealth approach.

You're asking people to disprove your subjective opinion. That's impossible because you're dead set on believing that savini is overpowered, likely because you don't possess it.

No Jason competes against another Jason, they compete against counselors. All can be strong if played to their strengths and avoid their weaknesses.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Caliph said:

No Jason competes against another Jason, they compete against counselors. All can be strong if played to their strengths and avoid their weaknesses.

What if that Jason has 3 of the best strengths, and no weaknesses? Or no real strengths and a ton of weaknesses?

Look - you're just wrong. You genuinely mean to say that despite having 2 less traps, a terrible Shift, less range, less damage, and double the hits required to smash a door, Part 7 can be just as good as Savini?

Just as long as you use his Water Speed correctly? Despite nobody even entering the water in easily over 4/5 matches. Or his Grab Strength that's literally irrelevant?

Or are we led to believe that slightly better Sense "when used correctly" makes up for the 5 extra relevant advantages that Savini has over him?

Get real.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ZooMalfunction said:

What if that Jason has 3 of the best strengths, and no weaknesses? Or no real strengths and a ton of weaknesses?

Look - you're just wrong. You genuinely mean to say that despite having 2 less traps, a terrible Shift, less range, less damage, and double the hits required to smash a door, Part 7 can be just as good as Savini?

Just as long as you use his Water Speed correctly? Despite nobody even entering the water in easily over 4/5 matches. Or his Grab Strength that's literally irrelevant?

Or are we led to believe that slightly better Sense "when used correctly" makes up for the 5 extra relevant advantages that Savini has over him?

Get real.

The stats don't mean as much when it comes to playing Jason as player skill do, or the skills of the counselor's that you're up against.

The fact that there are some people who play Jason 7 and murder everyone proves this.

I have Savini Jason and I've had a lot of good games with him.  At the same time, I've had a lot of bad games with him.  There has been many times that counselor's escaped from me while I was playing Savini.  Part of that is because I was up against good counselors, and part of that was that I didn't play properly and made some tatical errors.

On paper, yes, Savini Jason is better than all other Jason's.  That does not mean, however, that Savini Jason is going to kill everyone every game.  Same thing with part 7.  Sometimes, part 7 will kill everyone or almost everyone.  Part 7, despite all of the downfalls, still has the ability to kill.  Don't forget that.

I don't care how good or bad you are at playing Jason or which Jason you choose.  If you're up against counselor's who are unorganized and don't know what they're doing, you're going to kill almost everyone.

You could be the best Jason ever, but if you're up against 7 really good counselor's, you're going to get beat up and you probably won't kill everyone.  You might not even get half.  

There's a lot of variables that go into this other than black and white stats.  That's what makes this game fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ZooMalfunction said:

What if that Jason has 3 of the best strengths, and no weaknesses? Or no real strengths and a ton of weaknesses?

Look - you're just wrong. You genuinely mean to say that despite having 2 less traps, a terrible Shift, less range, less damage, and double the hits required to smash a door, Part 7 can be just as good as Savini?

Just as long as you use his Water Speed correctly? Despite nobody even entering the water in easily over 4/5 matches. Or his Grab Strength that's literally irrelevant?

Or are we led to believe that slightly better Sense "when used correctly" makes up for the 5 extra relevant advantages that Savini has over him?

Get real.

Which is why when people such as yourself ask these types of questions you're basically ignored by the devs. You're not going to accept any answer. You don't have savini and you feel slighted. It really is something you're going to have to learn to live with because he's not going to be changed. If you think 7 is weak then don't play 7. Problem solved. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Caliph said:

Which is why when people such as yourself ask these types of questions you're basically ignored by the devs. You're not going to accept any answer. You don't have savini and you feel slighted. It really is something you're going to have to learn to live with because he's not going to be changed. If you think 7 is weak then don't play 7. Problem solved. 

No, I don't care about having Savini. This is something you're projecting without evidence.

I'm simply responding to your absurd comments with actual evidence that you ignore.

Savini i'm indifferent to. Absurdity though i'm passionate about debunking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Subjective opinion does not become evidence because you state it often or adamantly.

All Jasons have three strengths & three weaknesses pulled from the same universal pile and each of those are useful/not useful in various situations.

That's evidence or fact. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Caliph said:

Subjective opinion does not become evidence because you state it often or adamantly.

All Jasons have three strengths & three weaknesses pulled from the same universal pile and each of those are useful/not useful in various situations.

That's evidence or fact. 

Some situations are constant. Some situations are almost so niche as to be nonexistant. To say the two are the same is absurd.

Or are you really trying to say having a handful of extra knives at the start of the game is the same as the ability to Shift and recover faster for the entire game?

Same pool. Same value is what you're trying to say.

It's an absurd statement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...