Nubcakes

Why Does Everyone Say Savini Is Overpowered?

I think Savini is very strong and intimidating, but a lot of the hate I think is jealousy.

Look at it this way, this game isn't supposed to be super competitive, or meta strategies aren't really meant to be the forefront of gameplay. Savini Jason is supposed to be a rare, extremely frightening Jason that you don't see very often. Most of the people who have him have been playing since the beta, so they are simply good Jason's. Sure, you can be an asshole and kill super early with him, but you can somewhat do that with any Jason (except 7, fuck Part 7).

He's meant to be a rare, fun addition that gives a little bit more fright than the others, and I think he fits that bill. If he was released to the general public, or another Jason like him, there would literally be nothing special about him, or everyone would simply play him for his meta stats, instead of playing Jason to have fun and scare other players.

This is part of this games problem I believe. We have several people who wanna metagame, and then several who just wanna have fun. This is meant to be a fun game, not a meta one, and while you're allowed to play however you wish, you're really just wasting efforts you could use on actual competitive games, since this game isn't meant to be super serious, like Dead by Daylight or OW, which both have ranking systems.

This is a party game, and if people would play it as such, there wouldn't be nearly as many issues as there currently is.

• Like 3

I have Savini Jason and think he is the most fun to play against. Because his +Shift and +Destruction makes getting away from him harder. Because together they are the two best skills in the game. That's the point

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, agnes said:

I have Savini Jason and think he is the most fun to play against. Because his +Shift and +Destruction makes getting away from him harder. Because together they are the two best skills in the game. That's the point

I always enjoy facing another Savini Jason. Only 1 has managed to kill me in the 10 or so I've faced.

11 hours ago, ZooMalfunction said:

Some situations are constant. Some situations are almost so niche as to be nonexistant. To say the two are the same is absurd.

Or are you really trying to say having a handful of extra knives at the start of the game is the same as the ability to Shift and recover faster for the entire game?

Same pool. Same value is what you're trying to say.

It's an absurd statement.

If your situation is constant it's because you're making it that way.

If you don't find value in certain strengths or weaknesses then pick a Jason you do find value in.

Because "everyone" who says it is just flat freaking wrong. Why the H-E-Double Hockey Mask does anyone think fair and OP even mean shit in context of Jason Mother Lovin' Voorhees?   

Savini Jason is not overpowered - it just looks unique and unattainable now and you have a gun media to thank for it. If you're good Jason player you'll win anyway. Still though Savini used to cost only 6$ with their kickstarter rewards and now in costs friggin 300$ on Ebay. AND i didn't even knew that Gun Media were that pennyless they had to run a kickstarter marathon. Them ads and notifications should've been more aggressive and eye catching instead of some lame Steam update like "meh, oh btw if you donate us on kickstarter you'll get a friggin unique Jason skin whatever". That's boolshit. Things surely changed with NES Jason update.

Now that i think about it - would it be more fair to get a savini Jason for people who pre purchased this game? And should i spend all my time on their kickstarter and gamesite now so i won't miss any more unique goodies? 

I do not think Savini Jason is "overpowered" or "pay to win". S-Jason has a very strong cluster of skills + reach bonus. Subjectively, people will say what they will. Objectively, he is a "better" choice than say Part 7 or Part 8. Just remember "good" is more to do with the player utilizing him and less to do with S-Jason. I will simply say this:

1. He as an easier learning curve because of his strengths (much like Part 6 and Part 2).

2 He is unique - those not on the S-Jason train will probably have some passive, if not, overt jealousy. I don't have S-Jason. They day I had to money to get him was the day they stopped offering him (sad day :unsure:). I'm not jealous of those that got him, but sad I was not financially able to until the last minute. Those are the breaks though....

3. He is no way so superior to other Jasons (except maybe 7) to such a degree that he is a "must use exclusively" choice. I don't know anyone that mains S-Jason and I know at least 5 people who have him. Truthfully the most common mains I see are Part 2 and Part 8. I main Part 6 and Part 9.

Just my humble opinion folks.

• Like 1

On 7/15/2017 at 11:05 AM, ZooMalfunction said:

You could instead just pick 9, who shares the weakness of only 3 traps, but not only has Stalk+, but also double the Shift.

There's really no reason to pick Part 7. Every other Jason outclasses him.

That's actually the reason I choose him; he's technically the "worst", yet I've made clean sweeps of the counselors and they have no room to gripe.

As a Savini main. Savini is definitely not overpowered. Yes he has + Destruction, +Shift and +Weapon strength. But that doesn’t mean he has his own weaknesses. his biggest one is -water speed, it is harder to catch up to boats with Savini, also his -grip strength, if you catch a high composure counselor in a tight area it is easy for them to break out. I love Savini he is badass looking weilds a awesome weapon. But I think every Jason is powerful in their own way. I personally like Part 8 more than Savini. Just a tip if your up against a Savini in a match where your counselor and there is a boat, just focus on the boat, the boat only takes 2 parts to repair, your almost guaranteed to get out.

• Like 1

I use my Savini 100% of the time. I don't get the OP claim because Savini is slow on land and in water. It actually takes a fairly skilled Jason to pull off an awesome Savini match.

However, I to this day still hear people totally freak when they see a Savini in their lobby, especially kids. But I've also had some adults freak out too. Most agree he is the scariest looking Jason...so therefore must be the most baddass.

Not true, he is just as balanced as the other Jasons.

Lately, a lot of people are messaging me asking me to gameshare Savini with them. I usually reply, Mother Voorhees told me not to. 😋

Savini Jason is, objectively, the best.  He has three of the five best strengths (you could argue morph and traps are in some order there) and no bad weaknesses.

There's really no legitimate counterargument.

6 minutes ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

Savini Jason is, objectively, the best.  He has three of the five best strengths (you could argue morph and traps are in some order there) and no bad weaknesses.

There's really no legitimate counterargument.

Yeah , he is the best , but not overpowered.

Only +Shift , +Morph and +Throwing knives could top him. If you have +Morph , you Pretty much negate minust traps since you can check everything not important out and when something important sets off , you can Morph there until it´s too late.

People who say he is overpowered , are just mos-likely butthurt , bad or anything like that.

But if we take it to the ''Vader-Grab'' times…..Oh , Boy.....Only one buff more and he could be slightly overpowered. Doors? They won´t last Long. Running away? Shift-Grab. Have a pocketknife? Slash.

5 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Yeah , he is the best , but not overpowered.

Only +Shift , +Morph and +Throwing knives could top him. If you have +Morph , you Pretty much negate minust traps since you can check everything not important out and when something important sets off , you can Morph there until it´s too late.

People who say he is overpowered , are just mos-likely butthurt , bad or anything like that.

But if we take it to the ''Vader-Grab'' times…..Oh , Boy.....Only one buff more and he could be slightly overpowered. Doors? They won´t last Long. Running away? Shift-Grab. Have a pocketknife? Slash.

I didn't say he was overpowered.  I was replying to the post saying he is "just as balanced as the other Jasons," which just isn't true.

He is objectively the best, with the best combination of strengths AND the least harmful combination of weaknesses.

Is he "overpowered?"  I'd say no, but it's debatable.

5 minutes ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

I didn't say he was overpowered.  I was replying to the post saying he is "just as balanced as the other Jasons," which just isn't true.

He is objectively the best, with the best combination of strengths AND the least harmful combination of weaknesses.

Is he "overpowered?"  I'd say no, but it's debatable.

Yeah , I was just agreeing with you , lol.

4 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Cause he's a beast!! Just look at him....

TomSavini-Full.jpg

Holy shit , he is Majestic!

Tom is op.....Lol.

• Like 1

Savini have the best strength ( Destruction for doors , Weapon Damage , Shift+ increased shift speed and decrease time to use shift again.) + a forth strength pitchfork increased range like part 6, he also have 5 traps , plus normal morph. His true weakness is Water Speed- the only way and only chance to catch a boat is to go at the exit.

His match for those who don't have Savini is Part 4 , He is OP not at all let's just say he is the most balanced Jason. 

I don't really get peoples fixation. He's not that powerful to me. Of course I don't care in the slightest about +shift so that's probably part of it.

He is overpowered in comparison to other Jason's.  However against any lobby of skilled counselors, he is still just another Jason.  He has all of the same flaws that all Jasons share that smart counselors can exploit.

He’s not o.p at all. He takes a long time to get his shift and rage. He’s really slow on both land and water and his grip sucks. Yes he breaks doors fast but if your up against anyone that can play it won’t help because they can just run away. 

2 hours ago, Cer1alkill3r said:

He’s not o.p at all. He takes a long time to get his shift Not true , it is his strength and rage ?every Jason takes the same amount of time until he gets rage . He’s really slow on both land Because he can´t run he is doomed? Remember he has a strength in shifting and he is not the onliest one who can´t run. Running is not the best strength and water If you just wait at the Exit for the boat , you get it anyways. and his grip sucks. Do I even Need to explain why grip strength+ sucks and that -grip strength makes almost no difference that you could barely Count it as stat? Even if it is a weakness , it´s more useful because it takes up the Slot as weakness. Yes he breaks doors fast but if your up against anyone that can play itwon’t help because they can just run away. There aren´t Unlimited doors and the faster they are gone , the better. And didn´t you Forget About two other awesome strengths?

Don´t get me wrong , I don´t say he is op but putting dirt on his Name is just wrong.

I have Savini and I think he is by far the best Jason due to his strengths. -water speed is nothing since you can just play goalie at the exit

Also why I don't use him. I like the challenge of using Part 7 honestly plus he is the best looking one IMO

2 hours ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

It’s not dirt on his name. You don’t have him obviously because if you did you would see how slow he is. Plus try hitting anything with the pitchfork that gets stuck everywhere and misses a lot. And don’t get me wrong,if he played as well as other Jason’s he would be the best but he doesn’t.

2 hours ago, agnes said:

play goalie at the exit

This doesn't work against someone who knows how to use the boat. Also while in Stalk, counselors will always see you in the water, so it’s useless. Your best bet is to just check up on the boat, to prevent it from being fully repaired, or intercept it near the dock. 

1 hour ago, Cer1alkill3r said:

It’s not dirt on his name. You don’t have him obviously because if you did you would see how slow he is. Plus try hitting anything with the pitchfork that gets stuck everywhere and misses a lot. And don’t get me wrong,if he played as well as other Jason’s he would be the best but he doesn’t.

Yeah , I didn´t find better words , sorry. 

But I Pretty much only Play as Walking Jasons and he obviously is a Walking Jason. Why would it get stuck now? The Spear and Trident got buffed. They are Pretty much the fastest when it Comes down to Breaking down doors if you use correctly. It´s just a Long reaching weapon now , just without an Overhead swing. You played the update yet?

And also , if he is that bad , just his Skin is worth it to be played.