I apologize in advance, this post is going to be more of a rant.

I'm at the point where I'm seriously thinking about not even playing this game anymore. I'm playing on PS4 and it is ridiculous how many times I run into groups of friends who'd just sit in PS4 parties, not even trying to join game chat or communicate with others but their friends. It's even worse when one of them is Jason.

I had a game where there was only 4 of us left and we had the 4 seat car repaired. I got in the car and they waited at the exit until Jason could grab me, then they drove away and escaped while he was killing me. The game I played right before writing this post, I put gas and the battery in the 4 seater, then I was waiting at the car to see if someone turns up with the keys. After the person with the keys showed up, I was standing next to the car just so I could get in quickly. Well that didn't happen, because right after he started it, he immediately drove away. I tried to ask him if he could pick me up, but of course he didn't hear me since he was in a PS4 party. He drove away to pick up 2 of his friends, one of them were playing as Tommy, still had the shotgun. (It might be just me, but when I play as Tommy, I try to stick around for as long as possible to help other counselors.) They still had an empty seat, but wouldn't wait for me.

I know that not every game goes the same way as these examples but lately, I run into rounds like these a lot more. :/

• Like 1

You can report them for working with Jason IF you have video proof of what happened. Teaming with Jason is against the rules 

I just wish they would finally add a little marking or something when people are party'd up in Quickplay. At least then you could just leave a lobby right away.

Just now, pRaX said:

I just wish they would finally add a little marking or something when people are party'd up in Quickplay. At least then you could just leave a lobby right away.

I would like that and host migration.... I'm getting so tired of kids having control over people with them saying they will quite the game if they are killed. I kill them anyways. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

I would like that and host migration.... I'm getting so tired of kids having control over people with them saying they will quite the game if they are killed. I kill them anyways. 

I don't usually tunnel people, but if someone begs for mercy, sells out their team, or otherwise acts cowardly, I'll make sure they die no matter who escapes lol

I just joined a game and there were 7 people already in it and apparently were friends and all kept talking about killing the new guy. The game starts and, as luck would have it, I was Jason. I took great pleasure in killing every one of them. The next game 3 of them were after me and I took all 3 of them out with a well placed blast from the shotgun. Jason showed up immediately after and I hid under a bed. As he checked all the beds and finally approached mine, I quit.

• Like 5

Just now, weirdkid5 said:

I don't usually tunnel people, but if someone begs for mercy, sells out their team, or otherwise acts cowardly, I'll make sure they die no matter who escapes lol

I'm a kind person when it comes to people who are starting out but when I come across a kid who has the battery and his friend has the gas and they start throwing threats at me if I kill them. Yeah no, I wasn't gonna let them escape. They can act like they have power but I still caught that kid and still got to shove my hands into his eyes balls before he left. I'll accept people selling out other campers but I just end up killing them before heading on my way lol 

I have 3 friends that I game with often. 2 of them are friends IRL and we will call each other and play together. But if one of us gets to be Jason, he is the enemy. I try to be a team player in every game, but we all know that it doesn't always work out. Some people just don't want to play nice. It's a shame, but it is a fact of online gaming. Honestly though, it just makes it that much more refreshing when you do join a full game of counselors that are willing to work together.

It's great when we can get enough people together to just do a private game. Much more fun, much more banter, and no worries about betrayals, team killing (unless it seems like it might be funny), or people working with Jason. Although, my friends and I have made "deals" with Jason in private games. But that is definitely not something I would do in a public lobby.

I just had a game where someone opened the door to the cabin I was in, then flickered the flashlight on the bed I was under for Jason.   I got out and flared him and ran to another cabin.  She kept unlocking the door and I had to lock it.  Then she hit me with a weapon.   Eventually Jason got it and naturally walked right by her and then Killed me. 

I stopped playing because I'm not going to spend my time angry.  I'm also not going to record all my games in case this happens.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NScarlato said:

I just had a game where someone opened the door to the cabin I was in, then flickered the flashlight on the bed I was under for Jason.   I got out and flared him and ran to another cabin.  She kept unlocking the door and I had to lock it.  Then she hit me with a weapon.   Eventually Jason got it and naturally walked right by her and then Killed me. 

I stopped playing because I'm not going to spend my time angry.  I'm also not going to record all my games in case this happens.  

This happened to me more than once. People running around with machetes and axes, opening cabin doors then hitting you until you are hurt so you can't run away from Jason. 

I think a good solution would be if they removed the friendly fire option from melee weapons (at least in public lobbies) and only apply it to the shotgun and when you get hit by a car.

Being realistic, I think people who are working with Jason aren't being recorded by someone 9 out of 10 times.

You're expected to be constantly recording your gameplay to get someone banned. If you miss it, tough luck. 

Just had a game where some kid was telling Jason where we were. So the next game when one of us was Jason went straight for him and gave him what he deserved then I told him we were going to report him.

He messaged me saying he was going to report us because we killed him.

Yeah its a pain. I wish Ps4 had the LFG feature like Xbox. When I use it I make sure its Game Chat Only and if people come in and don't answer I kick them. Works like a charm lol.

• Like 1

• Yeah, been having that a lot lately. I just had an entire lobby doing that shit to me tonight. 

On 7/12/2017 at 9:52 PM, GrandMasterLynx said:

When I have a group of friends play we go to gamechat 

that's your right, but ppl want to do that with me and I will never go to partychat (basically you mean private chat right?), it basically is bad for you and the others that aren't in it. I like hearing what others are doing or if someone needs help or has keys or the fuse. It really bothers me when half the room is in private chat. Just kinda ruins that lobby for me.

• Like 1

Heard some games don't allow party chat but have never seen this...Anyone know of a game that disables party chat?

Would be great if they could do that for this game. Either game chat or no chat.

9 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Heard some games don't allow party chat but have never seen this...Anyone know of a game that disables party chat?

Would be great if they could do that for this game. Either game chat or no chat.

I believe The Division didn't block party chat, but had in-game proximity chat "layer" over your audio (meaning you still heard players around you even if they weren't in your chat).  That would be nice if it were implemented here somehow.

Hi !

I play most of the time in party chat on ps4, but understand me, i'm french and it's really really rare to find others french players.. One time i try to chat with english players but they just insult me and betrayed me because of my poor english soooo .. but i'm really agree that this game must be play in chat game.

And when i play it's always with a friend of mine, when we saw that others players are fairplay (no glitch, no betrayed again and again etc..) we are too, if i'm Jason, i do some gift to my friend who is counselor yes, but it's like "I kill you in least" but I WILL kill him if he doesn't escape yet, and i don't want to heard information from him, it's just.. not fun infact.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RustInPeace said:

I believe The Division didn't block party chat, but had in-game proximity chat "layer" over your audio (meaning you still heard players around you even if they weren't in your chat).  That would be nice if it were implemented here somehow.

Yeah, I guess that could work too. I agree that people being in party chats is fairly annoying. But I still think it's possible a lot of them are just playing micless or simply don't talk.

That seems to be the case more often than not. So I'm not sure I'd put too much blame on parties.

I like PC, where our party can be on discord and still chat in-game by pressing the push-to-talk button. Best of both worlds. Even stopped doing that though as I felt dirty being able to talk to eachother without a walkie talkie. We never helped each other if one of us was Jason though. Always mute/deafen as Jason on discord. And we're all ruthless against each other. Never save each other for last or any of that common nonsense you see.

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:48 PM, Spirit said:

This happened to me more than once. People running around with machetes and axes, opening cabin doors then hitting you until you are hurt so you can't run away from Jason. 

I think a good solution would be if they removed the friendly fire option from melee weapons (at least in public lobbies) and only apply it to the shotgun and when you get hit by a car.

Being realistic, I think people who are working with Jason aren't being recorded by someone 9 out of 10 times.

yea its really cool that they are taking away friendly fire but all other stuff like selling out your teammate with flashlights and unlocking doors and stuff still suck : (

On 7/12/2017 at 10:21 PM, Ghostboy20 said:

Sounds like a hostage situation...

That's right, don't give in to them... :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fair Play said:

Sounds like a hostage situation...

That's right, don't give in to them... :)

I kill no matter what. If I see you your dead, your dog is dead, your house is set on fire and anyone around is dead. I kill. 

2 hours ago, Ghostboy20 said:

I kill no matter what. If I see you your dead, your dog is dead, your house is set on fire and anyone around is dead. I kill. 

2VW-w10jbrsXRYTodMtNwMz0RRqfe4NM6uLJShJb

• Like 2