Sign in to follow this  
ryanmc564

Running in circles, lets make things breakable.

Granted this doesn't happen as often (or not as often as it used too), but it gets very annoying when you are Jason and counselor like to play the cat and mouse game around the long table or furniture, eating up a lot of your time (you could literally spend the entire match chasing one player around the long table) the shift ability is so fast that its too easy to get hung up on  stuff rendering it a useless ability to use to counter the back and fourth game (or maybe I suck at using shift, or countering this act). However, I propose making the tables and furniture destructible to prevent this move being overly exploitable, and it would only make the game more realistic in terms of what you would actually be able do given the ability to destroy the object that is in blocking you path. Perhaps to balance it out more let that be an ability you get once rage mode is activated.  What do you guys and gals think? should tables and furniture be breakable, or should it remain unchanged?      

• Like 4

He's gotta have one weakness. He can already break threw walks like the koolaid man. Let them keep the couch. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

He's gotta have one weakness. He can already break threw walks like the koolaid man. Let them keep the couch. 

The tables gotta go though. They're made out of the same thing (it looks like it) the door is. 

Well wait up, how long does it take a counselor to run out of stamina? Counselors can't go faster than Jason when out of stamina. 

50 minutes ago, ryanmc564 said:

Granted this doesn't happen as often (or not as often as it used too), but it gets very annoying when you are Jason and counselor like to play the cat and mouse game around the long table or furniture, eating up a lot of your time (you could literally spend the entire match chasing one player around the long table) the shift ability is so fast that its too easy to get hung up on  stuff rendering it a useless ability to use to counter the back and fourth game (or maybe I suck at using shift, or countering this act). However, I propose making the tables and furniture destructible to prevent this move being overly exploitable, and it would only make the game more realistic in terms of what you would actually be able do given the ability to destroy the object that is in blocking you path. Perhaps to balance it out more let that be an ability you get once rage mode is activated.  What do you guys and gals think? should tables and furniture be breakable, or should it remain unchanged?      

I honestly believe that Jason is powerful enough as it is. I know it can be annoying when a counselor leads you on that Benny Hill run around the long table, but my suggestion is to abandon that chase for the moment and focus on someone else. If I am chasing someone and for whatever reason, can't catch them within a minute or so, I give them and, myself, a break from the monotony and focus on a car, boat, the fusebox, or the "call Tommy" cabin.

If it happens to be the last counselor, then good for them. They outsurvived everyone else, and it's up to you, as Jason, to catch them. With the skill level being displayed now, if a person is the last one to survive it usually means that they have done pretty well. And if you put it in the context of the movies, more than one survivor has led Jason on a chase around an obstacle. I personally don't believe anything needs to be changed as far as this is concerned. But of course, that is only my opinion.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

I honestly believe that Jason is powerful enough as it is. I know it can be annoying when a counselor leads you on that Benny Hill run around the long table, but my suggestion is to abandon that chase for the moment and focus on someone else. If I am chasing someone and for whatever reason, can't catch them within a minute or so, I give them and, myself, a break from the monotony and focus on a car, boat, the fusebox, or the "call Tommy" cabin.

If it happens to be the last counselor, then good for them. They outsurvived everyone else, and it's up to you, as Jason, to catch them. With the skill level being displayed now, if a person is the last one to survive it usually means that they have done pretty well. And if you put it in the context of the movies, more than one survivor has led Jason on a chase around an obstacle. I personally don't believe anything needs to be changed as far as this is concerned. But of course, that is only my opinion.

Yup Jason is OP as he is already gotta give a counsoler a fighting chance if they gotta run around something to stay alive and they can do it good for them it’s up to you to be better and catch them

• Like 1

It doesn't make sense that Vanessa or Bugsy or Tiffany/Chad can loop Jason forever with low composure.

Without even changing the way furniture works. Being that close to Jason should make them trip and stumble much more regardless of anything, perks, etc.

Just make them trip and stumble more. Problem solved. Make composure and strength matter so much more.

Composure and Strength need a total rework.

Which is why grabs shouldn't be instant kill and instead a mini game event.

You pass the checks, you avoid the grab death. You fail one check, Jason gets to execute you. You have a pocket knife, you can choose to use to escape or save it and try for the mini game check event.

Counselors with higher strength have less checks. Counselors with higher composure have slower checks, but only less checks if they have good strength. Counselors with good strength and good composure should in theory have the easiest time to escape grabs. Counselors with lower strength have as many checks as the lowest repair counselors. Counselors with lowest composure have faster checks and if they have low strength, they have more checks AND faster checks.

This makes composure and strength matter even more so than repair or speed.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

You got a good and very valid point there.  That's actually what I did last night after a few laps around the table (it was still very early in the game)  I left went searching for others and came back once I had the stalk ability (the element of surprise)   and they were still hanging around that damn table eventually they slipped up or gave up and I roasted them in the fire place, but of course the same guy came back as Jarvis and once again around and around we went for what felt like 5 minutes and of course he quit as soon as I finally got a hold of the guy again.  I just have this vision of being Jason and chasing some fool around the table, for Jason to end up getting pissed and just smashing that table to bits or launching it out of the way in aggressive Jason style, and thought that would be a really cool ability.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ryanmc564 said:

I just have this vision of being Jason and chasing some fool around the table, for Jason to end up getting pissed and just smashing that table to bits or launching it out of the way in aggressive Jason style, and thought that would be a really cool ability.

I completely understand where you are coming from with that. Honestly, I could see that being a thing too. But if it were implemented, it would have to be multiple hits similar to doors. Or maybe even one hit, depending on the Jason being used and whether or not Rage was in effect. I don't think it is a bad idea, I just don't think it should be an instant "smash and grab" kill for Jason to hit a table with a pitchfork just because a counselor is being annoying.

It is only my opinion, but I think Jason has every advantage in this game. Leading Jason on a frustrating chase in and out of windows and around furniture is one of the parts of the game that makes playing a counselor fun. Sounds like you handled the situation well. You went somewhere else and took care of business, and then stalked them to death! (literally, haha) Good on you, and too bad for them being stupid enough to think the same trick would work twice.

• Like 1

I go back and forth on this issue, on one hand I say Jason should be able to trash tables and get to the counselor looping him, I mean the devs specifically added the ability to break fences to stop this act. However, iv NEVER had a counselor win or survive by looping me. I always end up getting them. Rather it's because I left them and re engaged later or they ran out of stamina. So either way I'm ok. I'm cool with anything that makes it harder to be a counselor. This is Jason's world, we're all just living in it. 

• Like 1

Jason is too OP. Yes, it is annoying that they can do that but honestly it isn't all that great. Now, if them running around objects made it literally impossible to catch them then I can see it being an issue.

In my opinion they should include more ways to get away from Jason such as another method of killing him. I find a lot of the time when I am Jason it is way too easy even against some of my friends who are really good at this game.

i've been on both ends of the 'ol' benny hill. as a councilor, it's hilarious and exciting. as jason, it's frustrating and maddening. 

i can see both sides and am more or less on the fence, though if pressed, i think i'd lean towards making the table breakable - requiring multiple hits just like the doors. 

it would have been rad if they would have had incorporated the ability to slow shift because using it indoors is a nightmare... for me at least. 

I say keep the furniture.  The long table and couch are uncommon like the pocketknife- you do not find them in too many cabins.  So just like the pocketknife, if you wind up chasing a counselor into a house that has a long couch or table, it sucks to be you.  I recommend NOT trying to fake out a counselor by going left, right, then left again- especially if you have a Jason that runs.  Keep chasing that counselor all the way around- eventually they will use up all their stamina and the many stumbles to follow will allow you to catch up.  Bear in mind someone like Vanessa or Bugzy can jog for more than two whole minutes straight, so I would only use this strategy if they are the last one left AND time permits to do so, otherwise you have to use shift every chance you get.

2 hours ago, SnakeSound222 said:

The tables gotta go though. They're made out of the same thing (it looks like it) the door is. 

Well wait up, how long does it take a counselor to run out of stamina? Counselors can't go faster than Jason when out of stamina. 

You gotta be smarter then the campers. I leave pizza outside the door and then I get them, works everytime. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ryanmc564 said:

I just have this vision of being Jason and chasing some fool around the table, for Jason to end up getting pissed and just smashing that table to bits or launching it out of the way in aggressive Jason style, and thought that would be a really cool ability.

I think it would be great to implement this in some way. It's dumb for any character to want to remain in the same room as Jason. You would need a change of pants after one lap around the table. They should have a pretty rapid increase in fear in his presence and start to panic and stumble before too long..I have many times imagined him flipping or kicking a couch. An aggressive push of the table that could actually injure and slow down the counselor would be very cool. As far as being able to loop Big J goes, it is a really stupid strategy when you think of how it would really unfold. But in the game, it will never be changed.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ghostboy20 said:

You gotta be smarter then the campers. I leave pizza outside the door and then I get them, works everytime.

You use pizza? I use $100 bills tied to a string.

Joking aside, I think some things should be breakable. if it's something flimsy, it should break.

15 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

You use pizza? I use $100 bills tied to a string.

Joking aside, I think some things should breakable. if it's something flimsy, it should break.

I did that once but Chad was the only one biting. I might have to change my bate, thinking I should put a copy of Half-life 3 outside and see who comes running. 

NO keep the table like it is. Its not hard to kill a counselor if he/she is using a table. Keep chasing them until they run out of stamina. The real reason why lots of Jason fail at killing counselor with long tables or furniture is because a lot of NEWB/NEW Jason players dont understand how to grab and are not confident in using it so all they do is just spam melee.

Other times at what hurts Jason players is that they stop chasing around the table,stare at the counselor and then try and chase them again and not knowing that if you stop then counselors gain their stamina back.When im Jason and a counselor does this, I have zero problem killing them because I know how to grab and shift+grab my targets. 

1 hour ago, Ghostboy20 said:

I did that once but Chad was the only one biting. I might have to change my bate, thinking I should put a copy of Half-life 3 outside and see who comes running.

Have you tried brownies? :)

10 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

Have you tried brownies? :)

Once, the pot head came out... He tripped and killed himself.... Still wondering how that happened. 

I usually try not to kite like that too much, but when i do i use entire cabins and almost only when we're still in the first few or last few minutes of the match. 

Like im playin buggzy, of you spot me in the first minute or two of the match you better be ready to chase me for 5+ minutes if you want this ass. Like seriously,  im loud af, youll definately find me again almost whenever you feel like it, move on mate. Let me get my xp before you kill me atleast lmao.

Im all for the destruction of the tables and couches, they dont affect my gameplay an realistically mistah J cld throw them across the room quicker then chad can leave everyone behind in the 4 seater

1 hour ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

This becomes a problem when there is only one counselor left and they are someone fast with high stamina. The chase could go on forever.

What is the problem with the chase going on forever? Are you referencing the round and round the table/couches? If the counselor is legitimately running jason around 1 or more cabins without using the furniture, im cool with that, i like the cat and mouse chase/see who can outsmart who type deal. 

But like i said it has to be a legit chase, not some table cheese BS

5 hours ago, Ghostboy20 said:

LaChappa, of course.

1 minute ago, Bigfoot said:

LaChappa, of course.

I would think DnD would be more his thing since he likes to cast magic.