Survival

Leaving early screws everyone over

Let me just say this: If you leave early, due to not being Jason OR dying in the early stages of the game, you screw everyone over.

Not only is it not fair to other counselors (and less fun for Jason to slaughter a clearly weakened team), who are now in lesser numbers but if you leave because you got killed early (or rage quit while Jason is killing you) Tommy will not spawn even though he was called*. I was in so many games where I had 3+ players quitting right at the start due to not being Jason or where I had a whole team rage quitting one person after another as soon as Jason grabbed them. The whole match is immediately screwed.

Leave all you want after Tommy has been spawned, but just quitting is a major dick move and you are ruining the game for absolutely everyone else.

For the record all my Steam friends either do not play the game anymore or are from different time zones so we cannot really play together. Majority of my game time is spend in Quick Matches because there is no other way for me to play.

EDIT: *From experience: If Tommy was called before people started quitting and he has not been spawned, people leaving the match or rage quitting will cause him not to spawn.

• Like 3

Are you sure Tommy was called?   If Jason cuts the power during the call it still checks off as having called him though he wasn't called.  You can turn the power back on and call him again. 

Don't forget to add that the people who die first have a 50/50 chance with the second person who died. 

The first two are usually always Tommy. 

• Like 1

The only time I find it ok to leave the game is when Tommy has been call and a player is playing as tommy and while that player is playing as tommy, any other player that is dead or has escape may now leave if they want since it will not effect the players who are still trying to escape from the map.If tommy is glitch to where no one is playing as him and someone see tommy just standing in the corner of the map then its  ok for the players who died or escape to leave game.

12 minutes ago, NScarlato said:

Are you sure Tommy was called?   If Jason cuts the power during the call it still checks off as having called him though he wasn't called.  You can turn the power back on and call him again. 

Can you confirm that you can recall him? I reported this on the bug forum, but had no idea after it was checked off he could still be called. Ty for info.

6 minutes ago, Ethan said:

Can you confirm that you can recall him? I reported this on the bug forum, but had no idea after it was checked off he could still be called. Ty for info.

Yes.   I saw this in game.   Tommy showed as called and as we all died we noticed no one was coming back.  Someone fixed the power and called him and I got picked. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, NScarlato said:

Yes, I usually call him myself every time.

If you call Tommy and someone rage quits before their death registers Tommy will not spawn for the rest of the match. This also happened few times when people left immediately after being killed.

EDIT: I am not sure when the Tommy role is assigned to a certain player, but is it possible that perhaps player with the assigned Tommy role left before being spawned?

41 minutes ago, Ethan said:

I have done this several times. Known bug that just isnt cleared up yet. Items still glitching in ground though. Happened to me with fuse 10 minutes ago. Couldnt pick it up. Game spoiler right there :(

I agree this sucks but it's something you have to roll with. You have good lobbies and bad. However another big issue is host's who rage quite if they are killed first. I has a kid tell me if I killed him he would quite leave and make everyone else leave. I still killed him, I don't negotiate with threats to leave because they don't wanna die. They had the battery and their friend had the keys. Like I was gonna let them get away, I'm Jason the man who will kill them. He did quite the lobby and everyone was kicked, the host having control like this isn't right, some Jason's I've seen leave them alone because they don't wanna deal with the wait but I simply don't care, If I'm host I'll just accept death if I can't escape. And half the time Tommy is called and the person comes back and leaves, poor Tommy get's his soul ripped right out. 

4 hours ago, Survival said:

Yes, I usually call him myself every time.

If you call Tommy and someone rage quits before their death registers Tommy will not spawn for the rest of the match. This also happened few times when people left immediately after being killed.

EDIT: I am not sure when the Tommy role is assigned to a certain player, but is it possible that perhaps player with the assigned Tommy role left before being spawned?

I don't know about it happening before being spawned, but I did have a game where it ended and we were all puzzled as hell at Tommy not showing up as three of us were certain we'd called him. Only to later find out that another (mic less) player in the game had re-spaned as him but then left/disconnected very soon after, so no-one had seen him.

I hate when players leave especially the freaking HOST! Come on, it takes forever to get a game started then they just bone out wtf. So many babies online these days, I'm not Jason I'm out...

I hear you bud. But I'm guilty of quiting a few times because I am killed by Jason in the first 0-1min of the game, just out shear frustration. I didn't realize that Tommy doesn't appear, that sucks. I hate dying right away and having to watch for 20 minutes, but I'll stop quitting when that happens. Sometimes it's just bad luck, sometimes you'll get a Jason that singles you out instead of securing objectives or at least giving counselors the first couple minutes to get an item at least to have a chance.

I think if Gun Media could implement some form of match making it could cut down on the number of people that leave when they don't get Jason.
When you're level 80+ and you're being teamed with low level counselors over and over and It's apparent that they don't know what they're doing I can see how this would push a % of the player base toward wanting to play Jason exclusively. 

Not only that, but some people enjoy playing Jason more regardless. I prefer playing as a counselor IF the counselors on my team know what they're doing and they have mics. But if you're teaming me up with a bunch of level 6-10's, I'd rather play as Jason. So there are 2 implementations that could help.

1.) Pair similar level players together via match making. 
2.) Allow a queue for people who wish to play as Jason only. 

I don't think #2 will ever happen, but #1 could happen if the player base allows. However, this implementation could also cause longer game wait times. 

8 hours ago, DamonD7 said:

I don't know about it happening before being spawned, but I did have a game where it ended and we were all puzzled as hell at Tommy not showing up as three of us were certain we'd called him. Only to later find out that another (mic less) player in the game had re-spaned as him but then left/disconnected very soon after, so no-one had seen him.

I was about to say I was sure Tommy spawns but if the player leaves he just sits there.

This becomes annoying because the game doesn't end until Jason finds him and that doesn't always happen right away.

Tommy does spawn just not even other players know where he is.  You just have to check the spots he spawns on the map and kill him  use it to get credit for environmental kills you never got to try before.

Okay we just did some testing and this is how this happens:

1) Someone calls Tommy within the first few minutes of the game. Everyone checks the map and Tommy is confirmed called.

2) At least one person rage quits within the first 10 minutes, not allowing Jason to have the kill.

3) Tommy never spawns. When you check the map, he has not spawned. He is nowhere on the map and the game ends when the last survivor escapes / dies. Waited until the last 2 minutes countdown.

We replicated this 4 times and 3 times there was no Tommy spawned, even though he was called.

1 hour ago, Survival said:

Okay we just did some testing and this is how this happens:

1) Someone calls Tommy within the first few minutes of the game. Everyone checks the map and Tommy is confirmed called.

2) At least one person rage quits within the first 10 minutes, not allowing Jason to have the kill.

3) Tommy never spawns. When you check the map, he has not spawned. He is nowhere on the map and the game ends when the last survivor escapes / dies. Waited until the last 2 minutes countdown.

We replicated this 4 times and 3 times there was no Tommy spawned, even though he was called.

I guarantee you, Tommy has spawned.  the character is on the map just nobody is controlling him.  I absolutely guarantee you on this.  It will take some time to find him, morph to campfires and use sense, on Higgin's haven morph to the graveyard is another spot he likes to spawn.

On 7/11/2017 at 10:05 PM, SnakeSound222 said:

Really? That's interesting. I never knew that.

No he spawns but he hides until Jason finds him it happens when two people leave.

Hmm...I did have one game too where I found and killed a Tommy that was just standing there, relatively near the cop exit.

I figured the guy was just afk, even just waiting for about 20 seconds as I didn't want to be a jerk (I did throw a knife at him first to try to get a reaction :P ), but he was the last one alive and just wasn't moving so I had to kill him.

Perhaps that was what was happening in your example? Tommy had spawned but the designated player had already gone?

1 hour ago, DamonD7 said:

Hmm...I did have one game too where I found and killed a Tommy that was just standing there, relatively near the cop exit.

I figured the guy was just afk, even just waiting for about 20 seconds as I didn't want to be a jerk (I did throw a knife at him first to try to get a reaction :P ), but he was the last one alive and just wasn't moving so I had to kill him.

Perhaps that was what was happening in your example? Tommy had spawned but the designated player had already gone?

Yup, that's exactly it.  When that happens, save them for last and go pick an environmental kill 

5 hours ago, I Hate Spectate said:

I guarantee you, Tommy has spawned.  the character is on the map just nobody is controlling him.  I absolutely guarantee you on this.  It will take some time to find him, morph to campfires and use sense, on Higgin's haven morph to the graveyard is another spot he likes to spawn.

Ah okay so he exists but is not visible on the map... got it. The point of the thread still stands though... even though Tommy spawns he just as well did not have to.

What also screws other players over is how your Counselor will always react to a rage-quitter's dead body and build Fear early on, especially in the first minute of the game and don't have a large map to tell you where every Counselor in the game is yet, so you have no way of knowing that you're about to run into their rage-quitting corpse until it's too late.

This annoys me to no end when it comes to rage-quitters spoiling the fun out of matches.