Jump to content
Soxette

Betraying someone if they die in your bear trap?

Recommended Posts

That definitely needs to be fixed. Must be an awful way to get a -1000 for Betrayal...

Fortunately I've never had it happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Ethan said:

Sometimes when  I'm bored I like to drop traps in front of power boxes.

f31.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel that bear traps should certainly not be betrayal. I feel it should simply be listed down as 'Bear trap' under deaths and shouldn't cost anyone any points as it wasn't intentional.

I also feel the same way about counselors who accidentally kill a team member grabbed by Jason, a lot of people know to shoot from the knee down but it isn't exactly obvious, and should be treated so, either that be by reducing the amount of XP deducted or by treating it as something else rather than a betrayal.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree. You should watch your step, but at the same time, they should implement bear trap deaths as accidental if placed by other counselors. Personally, I only trap the front door IF there happens to be a trap in the cabin. Since Jason can only enter and exit through these, I would just stick to windows for entering and exiting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Combat stance on a bear trap is an exploit

Does Gun consider that an exploit officially? Sure doesn't seem like one to me. Or are you just saying that's a rule you set for your private games?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, thoolihan said:

Does Gun consider that an exploit officially? Sure doesn't seem like one to me. Or are you just saying that's a rule you set for your private games?

It is. They confirmed that you're supposed to block flares that way but not bear traps and fire crackers. Same for breaking down doors faster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Better be careful with those bear traps, if you make it a habit to "accidentally kill" your fellow counselors. Someone might report you for helping Jason, resulting in a ban.

I wish I could say that was all a joke and in fun but knowing the player base and how there are asshats being dicks, I can see it happen.

Regardless, you shouldn't get penalized for someone dying in a trap you placed. To me, if you walk into a trap that results in your death then it should be a suicide or just a death. It should be different so it sticks out like how the Jason kills are shown in the results screen. 

 

18 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

It is. They confirmed that you're supposed to block flares that way but not bear traps and fire crackers. Same for breaking down doors faster.

By the way its getting to the point that that I don't even want to play for fear of doing an exploit that would result in a ban. I wasn't aware using combat stance was an exploit when breaking down doors. Great, something I did when even remembered to enter combat stance. This exploit crap is getting old, just fix the f'ing game already. Oh wait...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Darth Drago said:

By the way its getting to the point that that I don't even want to play for fear of doing an exploit that would result in a ban. I wasn't aware using combat stance was an exploit when breaking down doors. Great, something I did when even remembered to enter combat stance. This exploit crap is getting old, just fix the f'ing game already. Oh wait...

Agreed. The amount of exploits is fucking insane. At the moment roof glitching hasn't even been patched yet on XB1.

But yeah, without a doubt it's an exploit. If you do that you may as well also have a strength in destruction. Plus I was in a game yesterday where some asshat put on combat stance and walked right through my bear trap, grabbed me, and ripped out my jaw while the bear trap was still on his foot.

It's getting annoying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Agreed. The amount of exploits is fucking insane. At the moment roof glitching hasn't even been patched yet on XB1.

But yeah, without a doubt it's an exploit. If you do that you may as well also have a strength in destruction. Plus I was in a game yesterday where some asshat put on combat stance and walked right through my bear trap, grabbed me, and ripped out my jaw while the bear trap was still on his foot.

It's getting annoying.

Your kidding right? I would have thought the big three in game exploits (under the bridge, on the roof and hiding in the cabin wall) would have been fixed by now. These exploits I've seen in videos long before the game launch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Darth Drago said:

Your kidding right? I would have thought the big three in game exploits (under the bridge, on the roof and hiding in the cabin wall) would have been fixed by now. These exploits I've seen in videos long before the game launch.

It's been patched on PS4 and PC (but some minor crouching glitches still exist). Xbox is lagging behind on patches so you're still able to roof glitch. Not to mention the memory leaks.

It really doesn't surprise me that it's also a beta bug. I've seen plenty of beta bugs still in the full game on release but slowly patched out in a week or so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2017 at 1:52 PM, thoolihan said:

Does Gun consider that an exploit officially? Sure doesn't seem like one to me. Or are you just saying that's a rule you set for your private games?

Really? Tell me how blocking with your arm keeps your FOOT from being trapped. Not to mention it stays stuck to his foot for the rest of the game. It's an exploit, they said it on Reddit. Can grab you the link if you need me to.

@Darth Drago @lHeartBreakerl combat stancing doors is NOT an exploit to the devs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, weirdkid5 said:

@Darth Drago @lHeartBreakerl combat stancing doors is NOT an exploit to the devs.

It is. If it wasn't there wouldn't be an animation to break down doors. Plus if you do that you may as well have +destruction for every Jason on top of the other strengths.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

It is. If it wasn't there wouldn't be an animation to break down doors. Plus if you do that you may as well have +destruction for every Jason on top of the other strengths.

Sorry but you are incorrect. To the devs combat stancing a door is not an exploit. I don't speak falsehoods, and when I do I correct myself: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/844838263905353825/301B095EC2E9F2FD82E9CE6A3CECE83B9F0BE135/

 

This again goes back to their miscommunication. Some of the dev team is ok with it, and others aren't according to the Discord.

But as it stands, combat stancing a door is not an exploit according to @GunMedia_Ben

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, weirdkid5 said:

But as it stands, combat stancing a door is not an exploit.

Wow. Now that's some serious horseshit.

@GunMedia_Ben should I just throw in +Destruction as a strength for every Jason now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Wow. Now that's some serious horseshit.

@GunMedia_Ben should I just throw in +Destruction as a strength for every Jason now?

@Randygbk @GunMedia_Ben You should just slap Early Access onto the title cause it's clear that's the state the game is actually in at the moment.

I would've been ok with a longer delay if this was the final product.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...