Jump to content
Soxette

Betraying someone if they die in your bear trap?

Recommended Posts

I never go after other counselor unless they try to kill me first.  It's just wrong.  So I'm running around for what seems an eternity holding the propeller.  I placed a few bear traps in various houses.  I didn't have a weapon or even saw another counselor, but -1,000 XP pops up on the screen and after I died, I saw the XP penalty for betrayal.

The only possible explanation is that an injured counselor stepped on one of the traps I placed and died, but I thought that was tagged as suicide.

Anyone have a similar experience?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's only suicide if you step in the bear trap you set. If I were to step in it and die I get the betrayed, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Soxette said:

I never go after other counselor unless they try to kill me first.  It's just wrong.  So I'm running around for what seems an eternity holding the propeller.  I placed a few bear traps in various houses.  I didn't have a weapon or even saw another counselor, but -1,000 XP pops up on the screen and after I died, I saw the XP penalty for betrayal.

The only possible explanation is that an injured counselor stepped on one of the traps I placed and died, but I thought that was tagged as suicide.

Anyone have a similar experience?

Yeah it's pretty horse shit.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Soxette said:

Wow.  That's sucks big time.

Yep. Gun should make it so counselors can't trigger bear traps set by other counselors. Only Jason should be able to do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Soxette said:

Wow.  That's sucks big time.

That's why I don't put bear traps down anymore. I get yelled at by other players for not putting it down and then I tell them I'm not taking -1000 XP. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SnakeSound222 said:

Yep. Gun should make it so counselors can't trigger bear traps set by other counselors. Only Jason should be able to do that.

Or just set it so it counts as a suicide. I like how counselors can mosey in on bear traps. Adds for some pretty funny moments.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is another argument in favor of barricading those cabin doors.  Players place traps by the door all the time.  When you barricade the door, it greatly reduces the chances a counselor will step in it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, SnakeSound222 said:

Yep. Gun should make it so counselors can't trigger bear traps set by other counselors. Only Jason should be able to do that.

No they should make death by someone else's bear trap count as a regular death and not a betrayal.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The obvious solution of picking better spots for traps has been mentioned?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Pappus said:

The obvious solution of picking better spots for traps has been mentioned?

Nah. How about just watch where you're stepping?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every trap placed behind a door is trash and that is where ppl put 99% of their traps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pappus said:

Every trap placed behind a door is trash and that is where ppl put 99% of their traps.

Still works for me. If Jasons leg is forfeiture does it really matter where the trap was placed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lHeartBreakerl said:

Still works for me. If Jasons leg is forfeiture does it really matter where the trap was palced?

Traps in doors only hit weak jasons. Good jasons combat stance it, even better Jasons shift it. Now a trap without door is placed waiting for the next councellor to step into.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pappus said:

Traps in doors only hit weak jasons. Good jasons combat stance it, even better Jasons shift it.

Combat stance on a bear trap is an exploit. If someone does that in my game they get a warning, then a kick. If he shifts inside just jump out the nearest window. Now he either has to walk through the bear trap or break down the other door.

 

1 minute ago, Pappus said:

Now a trap without door is placed waiting for the next councellor to step into.

Again, watch your step.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bear traps should be suicides, not betrayals. If you're dumb enough to step on one, it's no different than throwing yourself out a 2nd story window when you're already limping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Combat stance on a bear trap is an exploit. If someone does that in my game they get a warning, then a kick. If he shifts inside just jump out the nearest window. Now he either has to walk through the bear trap or break down the other door.

 

Again, watch your step.

You mean if he fakes shifting inside but catching you outside for easy grabsnack instead.

I would still suggest placing smarter traps. You want his leg stuck? Place a morphtrap, then you dont need to send out your console warnings either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Pappus said:

You mean if he fakes shifting inside but catching you outside for easy grabsnack instead.

Hasn't happened yet. I got them jukes.

 

3 minutes ago, Pappus said:

I would still suggest placing smarter traps. You want his leg stuck? Place a morphtrap, then you dont need to send out your console warnings either.

I still do. I place them in the stalls at the barn so the only way in is through the window. Or at his shack before we enter to get the sweater, stuff like that.

And morph trap?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Hasn't happened yet. I got them jukes.

 

I still do. I place them in the stalls at the barn so the only way in is through the window. Or at his shack before we enter to get the sweater, stuff like that.

And morph trap?

Morphs of Jasons follow a grid. You can accurately trap them so he morphs and is instantly trapped.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Pappus said:

Morphs of Jasons follow a grid. You can accurately trap them so he morphs and is instantly trapped.

Wow. Now that would seriously annoy me as Jason. I'll start paying attention to the morph locations, see if I can pin point it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lHeartBreakerl said:

Wow. Now that would seriously annoy me as Jason. I'll start paying attention to the morph locations, see if I can pin point it.

Dont worry i am releasing the guide about that ~end of next week. Then you have all important ones ready.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Pappus said:

Dont worry i am releasing the guide about that ~end of next week. Then you have all important ones ready.

Much appreciated. But once it is I can see everyone doing it xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Pappus said:

Morphs of Jasons follow a grid. You can accurately trap them so he morphs and is instantly trapped.

Yes this. I placed a trap near the white fence in Crystal lake. The one near car and map board.  I noticed as Jason, every time I morphed to car, it set me by that fence near lake. So I put a trap there prior to starting  car. Jason morphed and was trapped instantly. We got away.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Pappus said:

Every trap placed behind a door is trash and that is where ppl put 99% of their traps.

Don't place it behind the door. Place it IN the door frame and then close and bar the door. That way Jason must walk in it to get inside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometimes when  I'm bored I like to drop traps in front of power boxes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...