Sign in to follow this  
I Hate Spectate

What SHOULD happen when Jason tries to grab someone who's swinging a weapon at him...

I mean in game his vacuum hands suck them into the ground and back up into his grasp completely ignoring the weapon.. but if you want to be authentic to the movies... Jason tried to grab Trish while she was swinging a Machete at him and this happened.

Jason-Hand.jpg

• Like 5

To some extent I certainly agree. Each swing animation has a lead up, apex, and conclusion. If a counselor swings, say a baseball bat, they should hit Jason if they are 50% or more they way through an animation. If the timing of both animations is equal, have something appropriate happen (Jason suffers a momentary stun and the counselor reels back from the blow). Having Jason pause to look at his injured arm or something like that might be a cool addition.

I agree with Alkavian. I think Jason should still be able to grab someone if their hit animation is less than the "apex" of the swing(before the weapon becomes vertical). As the system stands right now I'd be ok with the normal damage and stun values being applied to Jason if it hits him while he tries to grab. Maybe in the future they can add a very brief animation of Jason getting his hand cut.

• Like 2

I mean, when someone comes swinging at me when I'm Jason I go combat stance and block, it's what feels natural to do, is to block their attack and then hit them once or twice in payback, and watch them whiff as I circle strafe around them, hit them again, watch them cry out "please no!" and start holding their shoulder and limping... THEN grab.. but.. yeah I could probably just grab them when they try to melee (which is what usually happens to me if I try to melee) and ignore their attack.. it just doesn't feel right.

Completely Agree with this. More then once I been in a game where I swung a weapon at Jason. To have it Completely ignored. Ended up being grabbed then boom Killed. If a player has been significantly injured I understand being to slow to remotely hit Jason. But when at peak health and having swung a weapon to have it ignored just buy being grabbed isn't balance within the game period. The Suggestion would be to slow down Jasons grab enough to be able to be un ignored buy weapons. Unless like I said The player is significantly Injured. Also at times don't know if its just me but at times it seems the Range of Jasons grab is bit larger then what it should be.

this happens to me way to often... I feel like the hit detection is once the animation is complete which it shouldn't, but where it connects. If Jason gets the grab off before the follow through then he should get the grab, but if the swing connects before Jason's reach then easily should cancel the grab stun. Even if the hit doesn't stun Jason, it should at least cancel his grab move. 

I think it should stagger him, the way, a blocking someone's attack staggers them for a free hit.

So you swing, he goes for the grab, gets staggered, you swing again, he gets stunned, or, you swing, he goes for the grab, gets staggered, and then moves out of the way of the next attack.  Like he can't swing or grab while staggered but he can move.

Not to mention Jason has little to no delay between grab and grab, so there is no chance to try to click-clack him unless he is bad at videogames.

I think that trying to melee him wouldn't be so frustrating if his grab wasn't so spammable. He can just use it over and over with no punishment. He definitely needs a delay between grabs to give counselors some sort of counter-window.

1 hour ago, Pikalicious said:

Not to mention Jason has little to no delay between grab and grab, so there is no chance to try to click-clack him unless he is bad at videogames.

I think that trying to melee him wouldn't be so frustrating if his grab wasn't so spammable. He can just use it over and over with no punishment. He definitely needs a delay between grabs to give counselors some sort of counter-window.

Nerfing the grab in that aspect does play down the idea of Jason being OP, like he's supposed to be.

I'm more in favor of the stun via hitting his hand if the attack animation is past a certain point. This would make grabby jasons put more thought into it, since a smart counselor would be able to properly time weapon hits to the grab animation and score a stun each time.

WHile this may make slasher jasons more prevalent, I personally prefer grabbing and using the environment kills.

I do think this is something that needs a bit of work. There have been many times I swung at Jason and instead of connecting I was grabbed, even though it was a perfect shot. To be honest, I'm more mad at not at least getting the points I could've gotten for stunning Jason than the actual fact that I got killed.

• Like 1