lHeartBreakerl

PSA: Why the servers were down recently

Turns out the recent database login errors were from a DDOS attack. There's little information to go off of. But it's safe to assume that the reason behind it is because of the recent banning debacle.

It's childish, stupid, and just an asshole thing to do. You'll find the info here:

And @GunMedia_Ben you have my condolences. As I said in another thread, don't listen to the fucktards.

What pisses me off the most is just the fact that, yes, the PR was horrible, the TOS are somewhat questionable and not very well thought out, a case of double standards, all that is warranted and more... but the main source of all of it is just people that behave like complete cunts on the internet trying to get away with their bullshit and at least cause as much damage as possible to get some fucked up sort of revenge for having to face consequences for their actions (oh good lord, the injustice!)...

• Like 2

Too much drama.  Getting tired if it.  

Threats are unacceptable and really puts things into perspective.  It's a god damned video game.  It should be fun and this needs to stop.

I'm not understanding all of the craziness.  This is a game that was developed for the fans of Friday the 13th.  An extremely fun game at that.  These people are really making the developers regret making this game in the first place.  Death threats?  Really?  How have people degraded this much that they do this over being banned for their continual bad behavior.  Same with the DDOS attack.  Just ruining it for everyone that paid good money to enjoy a game because they can't be trusted to be in a public forum.  Pretty sad if you ask me.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Deeify said:

I'm not understanding all of the craziness.  This is a game that was developed for the fans of Friday the 13th.  An extremely fun game at that.  These people are really making the developers regret making this game in the first place.  Death threats?  Really?  How have people degraded this much that they do this over being banned for their continual bad behavior.  Same with the DDOS attack.  Just ruining it for everyone that paid good money to enjoy a game because they can't be trusted to be in a public forum.  Pretty sad if you ask me.

This isn't exactly a unique case... especially since the last couple of years and it's only getting worse...

7 minutes ago, pRaX said:

This isn't exactly a unique case... especially since the last couple of years and it's only getting worse...

Agreed.  It's very unfortunate...

Well I'm back to level zero and having the database login failure again. My one day this week where I have plenty of time to play. This fucking sucks.

13 minutes ago, Deeify said:

Agree. "We get banned for our immature practices in game, which was entirely our own fault... so we're going to threaten people online and attack your servers". It's truly pathetic.

People think they can say anything to anyone over the internet. If they were to say the kind of crap they do to people online to people in the street, they'd be knocked out. Pathetic little keyboard warriors - who fail in normal life, so use the internet as their safe space to act out all their bitterness in life. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

Agree. "We get banned for our immature practices in game, which was entirely our own fault... so we're going to threaten people online and attack your servers". It's truly pathetic.

People think they can say anything to anyone over the internet. If they were to say the kind of crap they do to people online to people in the street, they'd be knocked out. Pathetic little keyboard warriors - who fail in normal life, so use the internet as their safe space to act out all their bitterness in life. 

Exactly right.  People that do this kind of stuff can't function in normal society.  Not an insult, it's a real world problem.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ediconeg said:

Well I'm back to level zero and having the database login failure again. My one day this week where I have plenty of time to play. This fucking sucks.

It's possible it could be happening again. Not at home right now so I can't test and I have nothing to prove it, but it is a possibility.

This is stupid. I can understand being upset and ranting, but DDOSing twice and threatening a dev and his family with death is way too far. It's your fault you screwed up. Don't try to hurt others or a dev because of YOUR immaturity. 

Condolences go out to @GunMedia_Ben. Ignore those pieces of crap.

Edited by SnakeSound222
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SnakeSound222 said:

This is stupid. I can understand being upset and ranting, but DDOSing twice and threatening a dev (Was it Ben? I don't go the Reddit and I saw you tag him) and his family with death is way too far. It's your fault you screwed up. Don't try to hurt others or a dev because of YOUR immaturity. 

Completely agree. And yes, it was Ben.

It's a shame. The things that I think contributed to this are:

1) an unwarranted negativity towards Gun Media (some punk got banned, made public accusations against the handling of that ban, and a lynch mob believed him and grabbed their pitchforks).

2) Lack of complex reading comprehension / tricky wording on the ToS : If you read the actual ToS and the list of offenses and causes for ban considerations, it spells out how the facts presented in this situation went in line with what Gun media stated would be their approach. Yet, countless people cite overly simplified rewordings of the rules and believed that there was evidence of favoritism. Read the ToS, it explicitly states that the "helping Jason" thing is a complicated issue and their focus is on people abusing the ability to help Jason to win the game and to farm xp. Not momentary team-ups, especially against people harassing and negatively impacting the gaming session.

3) Perpetual negativity, like an ouroboros, disappointed fans eat their own tails on the path to their own demise.

4) Insanity.

I think we should all either try to be better fans and supporters of this upstart team, or we should back off and not be obstacles in their path. Step away, if you're dissatisfied to the point that you don't trust them, and see if they can eventually right the ship to your satisfaction... surely offer sound, constructive criticism, but don't be an obstacle in their (and the game's) success.

That stinks, but kudos to Gun and Illphonic for being able to rebound as quickly as they did.  Hopefully they have safeguards in place now to prevent future attacks.

That's super crappy. You gotta understand if you're a jerk in life and a jerk in a game, there are typically consequences. No one deserves to have their life threatened. That's not cool. Treat others like you want to be treated. 

Chances are (99 out of 100 if not more) if you get banned, you deserved it. I don't understand why people always see a conspiracy. Some folks are so narcissistic, self-absorbed, and ignorant that they don't even realize that they're being complete turds. Their brains can't comprehend that they were wrong and they caught hell for it.

Keep at it Gun. You're alright in my book.

• Like 4

Also I am with law enforcement and they can find what they need about the person from gun or steam we are looking into it.

Death threats are not only stupid, but also dangerous. What the hell is wrong with people?

It's a game, jeez.

Kudos to Gun Media and IllFonic.

even if this WAS handled poorly... IT'S A FUCKING VIDEO GAME. no one deserves to have their lives threatened because someone got banned from a stupid game. 

2 hours ago, Bigboss831 said:

Also I am with law enforcement and they can find what they need about the person from gun or steam we are looking into it.

So you are actively involved with the investigation?

2 hours ago, rickyount02 said:

Chances are (99 out of 100 if not more) if you get banned, you deserved it.

I'll bet the 1% that get banned by mistake are due to the 99% setting them up.

5 hours ago, Nomadder said:

I think we should all either try to be better fans and supporters of this upstart team, or we should back off and not be obstacles in their path. Step away, if you're dissatisfied to the point that you don't trust them, and see if they can eventually right the ship to your satisfaction... surely offer sound, constructive criticism, but don't be an obstacle in their (and the game's) success.

I agree wholeheartedly. A lot of people are struggling with constructive criticism.

It's unfortunate about the servers and this whole incident. Hopefully this won't be an issue ever again.

Guys/gals, it's not like this is the first game that's ever had a DDoS attack done to its servers;  on some games it's a daily occurrence.

The hatred this game is receiving for even its minor flaws makes me wonder if there isn't someone(s) behind the scenes orchestrating such a negative backlash.  Or maybe that's the intelligence (ha!) training in me talking...