Nubcakes

A Few Suggestions from an Avid F13 Player

Hello,

I know that there are many posts suggesting what to add to the game in future content patches. I have a few suggestions based on things I have thought about and things I have experienced while playing the game.

1. Weather Effects

I feel like a thunderstorm with rain should happen sometimes, or maybe even brisk wind rustling the trees. There should be an option in settings to adjust the weather intensity for performance purposes. 

2. Single Player Campaign

A campaign as both Jason and the counselors would be fun and could be used to unlock more counselors or types of Jason. Adding AI to play with ranging from easy to extremely difficult would be a nice addition as well, but should not count toward achievements.

3. More Counselors / Jasons

I know in due time there will be an expansion of characters to choose from, but I want to make sure the game is diverse and allows people to play a character that fits their playstyle or their role in a team setting. With this, I will add I would like developers to crush some of the bugs that give counselors an unfair disadvantage, like glitched items and jason being able to grab through doors. Also, sometimes Jason bugs and he can't use any abilities.

4. Localized Servers

I have noticed a lot of players I end up in a lobby with are from different countries and do not speak English. There's no real problem with that except that it cripples the ability for our team to effectively communicate, and communication is key in an asymmetrical survival horror game. If the devs would make separate servers for different regions, that would help immensely.

5. Report System / Vote-to-Kick

There needs to be an in-game report system where you can simply click a player's name in game and send a report for the reasons Gun Media as listed as ban-worthy, and Gun should be able to look through the game and see what happened. I know this is a stretch to ask for, but there has to be some way to implement it, because other games have something similar to this. If not able to report a player to get banned, at least a vote to kick of at least 4 people in a team of 7 should suffice to remove the player from the game. This would hurt the game, as there would be one less counselor, but they should scale Jason's cooldowns accordingly or something to compensate. I'm getting all types of creative here.

Anyway, if anyone has another further suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

Good luck on Crystal Lake,

nubcakes

I like these suggestions...often people post suggestions which if implimented would dramaticaly change the gameplay. Where as these are good because they are genuninly possible and would actually improve the game instead of changing it.

I would add more stealth options for Jason, to promote stealth hunting.

7 hours ago, Nubcakes said:

Hello,

I know that there are many posts suggesting what to add to the game in future content patches. I have a few suggestions based on things I have thought about and things I have experienced while playing the game.

1. Weather Effects

I feel like a thunderstorm with rain should happen sometimes, or maybe even brisk wind rustling the trees. There should be an option in settings to adjust the weather intensity for performance purposes. 

A campaign as both Jason and the counselors would be fun and could be used to unlock more counselors or types of Jason. Adding AI to play with ranging from easy to extremely difficult would be a nice addition as well, but should not count toward achievements.

I know in due time there will be an expansion of characters to choose from, but I want to make sure the game is diverse and allows people to play a character that fits their playstyle or their role in a team setting. With this, I will add I would like developers to crush some of the bugs that give counselors an unfair disadvantage, like glitched items and jason being able to grab through doors. Also, sometimes Jason bugs and he can't use any abilities.

4. Localized Servers

I have noticed a lot of players I end up in a lobby with are from different countries and do not speak English. There's no real problem with that except that it cripples the ability for our team to effectively communicate, and communication is key in an asymmetrical survival horror game. If the devs would make separate servers for different regions, that would help immensely.

There needs to be an in-game report system where you can simply click a player's name in game and send a report for the reasons Gun Media as listed as ban-worthy, and Gun should be able to look through the game and see what happened. I know this is a stretch to ask for, but there has to be some way to implement it, because other games have something similar to this. If not able to report a player to get banned, at least a vote to kick of at least 4 people in a team of 7 should suffice to remove the player from the game. This would hurt the game, as there would be one less counselor, but they should scale Jason's cooldowns accordingly or something to compensate. I'm getting all types of creative here.

nubcakes

1. Weather effects would be a nice addition to the atmosphere.

2. Single player is in the works. I'm not sure if it's Jason or Counselors or both. (Someone chime in if they know for sure.)

3. Future Jasons are likely a strong possibility. There's plenty of ground to cover with other potential Counselors as well.

4. Localized servers are a matter of  funding.

5. As far as a reporting system, this has been a big thing the player base has been asking for. As it stands right now, you can report people by recording video and sending it to Gun Media for review if you think someone has violated the terms of service.

8 hours ago, Nubcakes said:

1. Weather Effects

4. Localized Servers

#1. Phenomenal idea! How creepy it would be to see lightning flash on Jason's face as he pops out of the woods or water. Or leaves blow down an empty road while you are trying to put gas in a car.

#2. http://bloody-disgusting.com/video-games/3444213/developer-previews-single-player-mode-friday-13th-game/

#3. More counselors could be fun, but there is already quite the variety. I would like a stealthier, quicker type with more strength but don't much care about composure or luck. More Jasons would be real great. Uber Jason, remake Jason and Freddy vs Jason are about the only ones left.

#4. Going into a database seems like it would be better than a single host which risks game crashes for host, everyone is kicked. Host has bad internet, bad ping for all.

#5. Other players have that this and I agree. One question, can you only vote to kick teammates to prevent TKs?? I definitely don't think we should get players banned so quickly. After all, maybe they are just trolling to get aggression out for one day after a divorce, getting fired from a job, etc. We don't know everyone's life. I think GUN should implement suspensions more than bans. Try punishing them for a month instead of for life.

Someone mentioned stealth options for Jason, and I have always wondered why Jason can't at least crouch. Seems like a simple function to add.

9 hours ago, Nubcakes said:

Hello,

1. Weather Effects

4. Localized Servers

nubcakes

Not to make fun of you. But literally, all these things have already been announced (excluding a weather system) or are already done (report system, single player campaign is still in development but that was already a promised portion to the 40$ price tag).

I'm re-watching the films (again) and I thought about weather in the game as well. I'd love wind and rain to be added to the game, randomized so sometimes you get none and others you get both. Thunder and lightning as well. I'd love if it had actual effects, too. Rain and wind make hearing more difficult for both counselors and Jason. Wind could sometimes cause an unbarricaded door to open or a window to break. If it happened near a player, it would give a fear boost like when the power goes out. Heck, weather might also cause power outages.