7 minutes ago, Seeker said:

1. I saved 4 people with my strategy.

2. I escaped pre-shift.

3. If I spent time barricading and prepping the first house, i would have missed the fuel and someone else would have got it and they would have escaped without me.

4. The  guy who did barricade could have escaped if he was paying attention to the cars getting fixed and had went looking for it.

And this one game- you think proves all you say? 

Youre aware that we all watch people get teams killed not locking doors?

Youre aware that you made it clear you think this strategy works in a lone wolf way where you know it gets people killed and you don't care?

Sir, cherry pick all the clips you want. You have thus far proved you don't know much about the game and that you think fucking over people is pro play. 

Play how you want. Its still a stupid strategy. 

• Like 1

I don't care what anyone says. All I know is, if I'm running towards a cabin being chased, I want those doors closed. Preferably barricaded too. Common fucking sense.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Campkill said:

And this one game- you think proves all you say? 

Youre aware that we all watch people get teams killed not locking doors?

Youre aware that you made it clear you think this strategy works in a lone wolf way where you know it gets people killed and you don't care?

Sir, cherry pick all the clips you want. You have thus far proved you don't know much about the game and that you think fucking over people is pro play. 

Play how you want. Its still a stupid strategy. 

Explain to me how saving 4 people is killing people?

The more you talk the more stupid you get.

30 minutes ago, Seeker said:

2. I escaped pre-shift.

3. If I spent time barricading and prepping the first house, i would have missed the fuel and someone else would have got it and they would have escaped without me.

4. The  guy who did barricade could have escaped if he was paying attention to the cars getting fixed and had went looking for it.

1. I've saved 4 people after solo repairing and barricading doors.

2. I also escaped pre shift.

3. If you miss objects due to barricading, you're bad at searching.

4. Then he was an idiot for not staying near the car, which is the obvious smart option in this case. You could have also used a Mic and been like, yooo the car is almost ready.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Seeker said:

YOU yourself said your strat gets people killed but you don't care cus a pro player only cares for himself. 

Im stupid? Lol. Kid, you have changed your story 5 times and NOW think one game proves all the shit you have said is good. 

Im sorry...I can not deal with you anymore lol. You just don't know how to play. Not even the basics. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Campkill said:

YOU yourself said your strat gets people killed but you don't care cus a pro player only cares for himself. 

Im stupid? Lol. Kid, you have changed your story 5 times and NOW think one game proves all the shit you have said is good. 

Im sorry...I can not deal with you anymore lol. You just don't know how to play. Not even the basics. 

I think you misunderstood me. 

People will die sure, but they are victims of circumstance. 

I can't be responsible for people who don't try to escape. 

You know it is people like you who make the game needlessly difficult for everyone else.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Seeker said:

You clearly haven't watched my vid. Lol 

Also what do you know about the game? You thought people can't hide in unlit cabins when it just got tested that you can hide until pre-rage. 

That shows you were wrong. 

Is this the same pointless video from earlier in the thread or did you get a new one that actually proved your point?

You know, the video with the full car and 2 people Who weren't going to fit regardless of what the fuck they did with doors and the one rushing actually dying before the person barricading?   And since you took the last seat, it would have been your dumb ass who died if one of them got there first?

• Like 2

I've been killed so often because of open doors. Please bro, close them doors. Point is, you never know where you're gonna go 1v1 with Jason late game. If you close doors early game it's more than helpful. Please stop arguing, no matter what your playstyle is. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Seeker said:

2. I escaped pre-shift.

I'm dead. You think ONE game proves your crappy strategy that involves screwing everyone over works? You call yourself a pro player yet you don't even know the basics of this game? It's a team game! There is no I in team! The word team means a group of players forming one side in a competitive game or sport. Not one player. A group! Multiple people!

Also 10 likes is waaaaay too low. There are a lot of posts in this thread that need a like. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Campkill said:

9 hours ago, Seeker said:

Enough of that off both of you, don't start insulting each other. You know the rules.

16 hours ago, Seeker said:

@Pappus can you do a video on both open door and barricade strategy? 

@El Jefe from my video you can see I did add to the completion of objects, you can see that I helped save 4 people. 

Someone else also posted a vid showing the disadvantages of open Windows.

What video? The only one I saw is the supposed "disadvantage of windows" video which I already dismissed as poor play from the counselor. I read your strategy if that's what you mean and still think it's a crock that might work once in a dozen games at best when everything conveniently spawns near the car and even then only against a noob Jason who doesn't know how to block weapon attacks or how to shift in front of the car. If you do have another video, feel free to re-post the link.

2 hours ago, El Jefe said:

What video? The only one I saw is the supposed "disadvantage of windows" video which I already dismissed as poor play from the counselor. I read your strategy if that's what you mean and still think it's a crock that might work once in a dozen games at best when everything conveniently spawns near the car and even then only against a noob Jason who doesn't know how to block weapon attacks or how to shift in front of the car. If you do have another video, feel free to re-post the link.

Um block weapon attacks and shift in front of car?

My strategy is pre-shift and involves stunning, there is no attacks to block or opportunity to shift in front of car.

3 minutes ago, Seeker said:

My strategy is pre-shift and involves stunning, there is no attacks to block or opportunity to shift in front of car.

Your strategy is pre shift...

shift is acquired in about 2 mins. Sense in under a min and a half. 

You stated you leave doors open and wait for the cops while you hide all game. 

Lets not lose sight of your strategy outline. 

You keep changing your "pro" statement. 

12 minutes ago, Campkill said:

Your strategy is pre shift...

shift is acquired in about 2 mins. Sense in under a min and a half. 

You stated you leave doors open and wait for the cops while you hide all game. 

Lets not lose sight of your strategy outline. 

You keep changing your "pro" statement. 

No I argued that you COULD call cops and hide with the strategy and collect some shotguns and knives to protect you for when they come.

I never said I did

Go back and re-read everything. 

It was hypothetical

I said this

"It may get people killed yes but it doesnt get you killed if you have already found everything to escape. 

Say the cops get called then you already have enough knives and health sprays to escape and with a high stealth character you can easily remain hidden until cops arrive. 

Guaranteed that with 3 knives or 2 knives and a healthspray you're going to escape with the cops"

Now where in this hypothetical statement did I declare that I do it?

I mean you could even see from my video I didn't do it.

If your in a Match with me you better lock or barricade the doors !  If you want to piss off some of the other players leave them open and see what happens as I have seen people kill each other over this. None of the guy's in the groups I play in leave doors open. It's a Sin..Plain and simple and will get you killed !

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TWarner said:

If your in a Match with me you better lock or barricade the doors !  If you want to piss off some of the other players leave them open and see what happens as I have seen people kill each other over this. None of the guy's in the groups I play in leave doors open. It's a Sin..Plain and simple and will get you killed !

This is sanity. This is the law of the woods. This is a good reason to kill. 

• Like 1

More reasons

On 09/07/2017 at 1:25 AM, Deeify said:

Exactly.  Seems like locking them just hurts the other councilors.  They have to scramble to find a window instead.

Locking doors can be bad for people.

On 09/07/2017 at 1:34 AM, Deeify said:

Just closing the door will stop him from shifting in.  What I was saying is locking it vs leaving it unlocked doesn't seem to slow him down either way.  The barricaded doors do, but not the locked doors.

Indeed if you close a door instead of simply barricading it then Jason can't shift in.

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 0:51 PM, Campkill said:

It is bullshit. Fully. It takes as long to lock a door as it takes to search a drawer. Meaning- two extra drawers would not result in wasting enough time to search 2 extra cabins. 

Yes it's silly this guy made another thread on this subject. But let's correct this false information easily. 

False reasons mentioned above. 

1-Jason is not senseless or shiftless for 5 mins. I have not clocked all Jasons, but Jason 3 for example gets sense around a min and a half into game and gets shift in about 2 and a half mins. Nothing crazy here, just showing the OP is wrong. 

2-Op Says it saves time. Wrong. It takes as long to open a drawer as it takes to lock a door. Locked doors also waste Jasons time. Meaning- allowing Jason easy access to all cabins is actually giving him mins of extra killing time. 

3-Jason can not break all cabin doors in a game without dedicating his entire match to doing so. No, locking doors has never once allowed Jason to remove all stam gaining areas from the map early or late. That's just silly and a nonissue. 

4-leaving all doors open just so you don't have to maybe jump through a broken window or two along the way, is ridiculous.  

5- No. leaving open doors is not s breeze for other councilors to find. It results in death for others very often (see below)

6- window body blocking? What? That is not even a thing lol. How is this a pro? Or even relivant?

7-yes if Jason is chasing you and you slowly climb into a window you may get hit by knife or weapon. But who the hell slowly climbs through a window when being chased? You jump through. And if cabin has been locked and prepped, jumping through is 9 times faster than closing and locking a door in time to stop a pursuing Jason. 

8- OP says shift grab will not get Jason in house while your rushing to close and lock door before a shifting Jason gets in. That's false. All of us Jasons have done it. It's one of the best feelings in the world. It's easy to shift into a house ahead of the door being locked. 

In short- the OP has made a long list of false positives showing he's unaware of simple game mechanics. He's also stated in another thread he's aware it gets people killed when he don't lock doors but don't give a damn if others live. Great player eh?

Lets look at real cons to leaving doors unlocked and why almost all players hate these types. 

1- 100% of all games where some noob don't lock doors results in others dying screaming "what fucking idiot left the doors open!?" It's usually someone who's helping Jason or someone who don't understand the game. 

2-it takes Jason 6-10 seconds to break a door. That time adds up and slows jason down. Refusing to lock doors adds to Jasons free time to kill you. 

3- not locking doors removes all stam gaining areas unless you lock a door. In effect giving Jason full reign to go where he pleases. It also gives you no time to search for a weapon or item in a rushed situation. 

4- cheaters helping Jason do two things instantly. Open doors for Jason and drop items in woods. There's a reason they do this. Both help Jason incredibly. Doing it on purpose or not, not locking doors makes Jasons job easier.  All Jasons love these people who don't lock doors. It 100% of the time makes his job easier and saves him time. 

Long story short- the OP is wrong. And this is his second thread on the subject. Waste of time for us all. 

My reason to reply in length here is simple. If a new player sees this thread and assumes OP knows what he's doing- it will get people killed. 

Never leave doors unlocked. There is no reason to. Locked cabins are temp safe zones and save lives 100% of all played games. There is never a game where prepped cabins do not help and save lives. 

This is not a debate or something to argue. If you don't lock cabins you are killing your team and lessening the chance of your escape and survival. 

Period. 

Thanks for confirming what I pretty much already had picked up on from playin the game and watching various live broadcasts on you tube.

While the OP may believe his tactics work, they really don't and seem to more focus on small group tactics and screw the rest of the counselors. The perfect example is the talk about how a group can quickly get a car fixed before Jason can shift.. That's great for those 2 or 4 players but by leaving every door open you are screwing everyone else you leave behind when they have to fend for themselves. While sure I have seen well organized players repair a car quickly, a experienced Jason player will have no real problem stopping them.  

Locking doors is always a good idea to do from the start of the match. It will prevent Jason from just walking in on you. I have had this happen to me a while ago. I get into a cabin and lock the door and head to the back door only to run into Jason coming in from the back door. Locked doors can also be a sign that the cabin has already been searched. 

The only reason to not lock a door is late in the match (if you find one still unlocked that is), is late in the match when Jason has his rage activated. If Jason is on your ass, spending time locking a door he will just be able to break down in seconds is pretty much pointless.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeker said:

Um, yeah, block weapons. I've blocked baseball bats from three Chads at a time. 

Okay, so your "pro" strats are pre-shift. I still think this fails 9 out of 10 times. Sounds more like you just prefer to get the pocketknives, let everyone else do the work, and hope they call the cops so you can Vanessa your way to a measly 200 xp. Congrats.

• Like 1

OP you must main a runner or a bully cause I can not see this as a good strategy for Jenny, Deb, or Eric.  They will be screwed running to a cabin with unlocked doors. If they have to jump through a broken or closed window, then so be it.  They could have health spray or the thick skinned perk.  Even if not, they stand a better chance than the door being opened.  I've died more times to someone leaving the back door open than me failing to make it through a window as one of them.  This pro strategy is definitely not for me and only serves the person using it; not their teammates.   

• Like 2

Every time you create a circumstance that kills someone else as an exchange for your short-term survival, you actually diminish your long-term chances of escaping. It's simple mathematics. If Jason has 7 targets to chase, there's only a 14.3 percent chance he's going to focus on you. Reduce the number of counselors to four and you've pushed that number up to 25 percent. So if you want to leave doors open and chalk up the deaths they cause as an unfortunate circumstance, that's fine. But you have to understand that on top of it being a dick move, you are taking a -EV line in the long term for the sake of what is, at best, a dubious strategy. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, El Jefe said:

Um, yeah, block weapons. I've blocked baseball bats from three Chads at a time. 

Okay, so your "pro" strats are pre-shift. I still think this fails 9 out of 10 times. Sounds more like you just prefer to get the pocketknives, let everyone else do the work, and hope they call the cops so you can Vanessa your way to a measly 200 xp. Congrats.

Not at all. I do a lot of work i have fixed cars, fixed boats and called cops plenty times. 

I have also sacrificed myself to distract Jason and lure him away from others. 

Just depend on how I feel like playing. 

Even won a match one by ignoring it all together was eating food so I had aj just stand on the middle of the road and Jason didn't spot me until the last two minutes.

So it's not like I'm so badly focused on winning id betray every chance I get.

14 minutes ago, Seeker said:

Not at all. I do a lot of work i have fixed cars, fixed boats and called cops plenty times. 

I have also sacrificed myself to distract Jason and lure him away from others. 

Just depend on how I feel like playing. 

Even won a match one by ignoring it all together was eating food so I had aj just stand on the middle of the road and Jason didn't spot me until the last two minutes.

So it's not like I'm so badly focused on winning id betray every chance I get.

It's funny how 3 days ago in this very thread you plainly stated you do not help others but "may stop a car to pick up others" and that a real pro player NEVER sacrifices himself and instead a pro will lead Jason to other players. 

These are your words. 

Its clear you change your story and that nothing you say can be trusted as honest or a good idea. 

Im not trolling. I'm pointing out your constant changing of "facts" and your misunderstanding of basic mechanics. 

Heck, your OP once said it takes 5 mins for Jason to get shift. Now it says 40 secs. 

Both wrong. Even though half a dozen have told you the correct times. 

Point being, your strategy is broken and you are changing your facts to suit your desired angle of the moment. 

• Like 2