Sign in to follow this  
7theye

What WE the community/forum can do to help reduce the toxicity

1 minute ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I am unfamiliar with PS4 trophies. What is Platinum? Is that like 100% on Xbox?? If so, how the heck has that person already played 1000 matches as Jason? haha

Yes it is. I'm guessing they either played a bunch of private matches or had god-level luck.

12 hours ago, 7theye said:

6. Don't spawn kill - this one might be a bit more controversial but it really sucks to kill someone right off the bat. If you are Jason and you morph to the car and you see someone running away, try not to chase and kill them within a minute. If they are putting gas or something in the car then please grab them, but often people will realize where they are and try to get away. Let them go and you won't have people sitting by ideally for 18 mins of the game getting mad at how it works. Its just more fun that way and if you are a good Jason totally unnecessary.

If they are going to get mad about dying as a counselors they are probably playing the wrong game. If they are at the location i morph to initially...thats their problem. 

2 minutes ago, SnakeSound222 said:

Yes it is. I'm guessing they either played a bunch of private matches or had god-level luck.

Haha, I would guess so man. I am level 48 and not even 10% there. Must have boosted it with friends. Otherwise that is text book definition of no life.

I just killed someone on that Packanack roof.  That helps, right?

13 hours ago, Saboteur-6 said:

I really wish there was an XP boost (like double XP) for helping people Escape. Having free loot rolls for working together too might help. If Gun could incentivize / reward the healthy gameplay it might help offset the harmful. 

I'd just like the game to work right and not get lvl zeroed again and lose my cp and then get database login failures again. Utterly fukin rediculous at this point in time

2 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Haha, I would guess so man. I am level 48 and not even 10% there. Must have boosted it with friends. Otherwise that is text book definition of no life.

IMG_7834.PNG

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Andy said:

I just killed someone on that Packanack roof.  That helps, right?

Funny enough, I had just gotten the same message trying to like this guy's post! haha Amazing feat for the community. Throwing knives I assume?  I think you earned an achievement called RESPECT.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Funny enough, I had just gotten the same message trying to like this guy's post! haha Amazing feat for the community. Throwing knives I assume?  I think you earned an achievement called RESPECT.

They really need an achievement for dealing with people like this. I usually give them a warning to jump down or they will be killed or reported. Usually they jump 

The best cure for alot of the toxcicity would be an assload of patches for the various issues of the game.. because that's where most of the frustration stems from in my opinion. And that is sadly not something we can do anything about as the consumers...

For me it's just aligning myself with players that aren't worried about stats, wins/losses and just playing for fun in a world where you can finally be Jason... or run from him! This isn't a sports simulation. It's not a game with guns, explosives, body armor etc. There are no leader boards. I don't search for strategy guides and concern myself with "winning" what is essentially just a chance to star in your own Friday the 13th story. I see a lot of arguments and finger pointing over "I'm better then you" and "You're just a noob"... good! I'm glad there are noobs! I want to see as many as possible. I'll gladly help them as well. To me I just try to push the mindless fun side of this game. And stick to aligning myself with like minded players! I won't bash other players for how they play, or how they think. There is no right was to play and wrong way to play a freaking Friday the 13th game. lol... play how YOU want and in a way that makes you happy. Only use environmental kills. Be a hack Jason. Don't trap anything. Trap everything. Try to kill Jason. Constantly hide from Jason. I think we need to stop bashing others for their play styles, what they believe, etc. Don't like the way a person plays? Cool... don't play with them. So many arguments start on here with this whole, "I'm right and you're wrong!" and "I'm a pro and you're not!" Seriously? lol... Players are gonna have different ways to play. And that's great! Just find people you enjoy playing with, and focus on having FUN! Unleash you're inner Jason! Unleash you're cowardly counselor. Or you're sacrificial counselor! Just play, and stop putting down others for how they play. That's one of the biggest things! Jason = fun! Hope to see many more of you, including noobs, on the PS4 camp grounds! :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

No.  I was Chad and saw the guy on the roof just before Jason got me.  I came back as Tommy and immediately ran over there and shot him, then proceeded to help myself and the two remaining counselors escape to the police.  Tommy accomplished a lot there!

2 hours ago, Andy said:

No.  I was Chad and saw the guy on the roof just before Jason got me.  I came back as Tommy and immediately ran over there and shot him, then proceeded to help myself and the two remaining counselors escape to the police.  Tommy accomplished a lot there!

Usually not for team killing, but yet this seems satisfactory. haha

5 hours ago, Saboteur-6 said:

How are you still getting people on rooftops? If haven't seen that on console since the patch. 

Xbox version still has rooftop and Higgins room glitches. Occasionally will see someone swimming or walking outside of the map still. Maybe the patches are delayed due to MS's certification process.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Usually not for team killing, but yet this seems satisfactory. haha

I'm not for it either.  First time I EVER teamkilled actually.  But i know how much it sucks being Jason, having an idiot on that roof.  Or watching with them being the last one alive, taunting Jason for 5-10 minutes.  

I always try to take a moment at the end of matches and thank everyone for a fun round, regardless of outcomes, because dead, alive, full clear, many escapes, I always have fun.  I want players that see me entering the lobby to know I'm going in to have a good time and hopefully help them have fun, too.  Granted, as is known, I'm a mouthy goofball during the match, but I do my best to make it clear it's all in good, malice-free, fun.

4 minutes ago, Dapper Dragon said:

I always try to take a moment at the end of matches and thank everyone for a fun round, regardless of outcomes, because dead, alive, full clear, many escapes, I always have fun.  I want players that see me entering the lobby to know I'm going in to have a good time and hopefully help them have fun, too.  Granted, as is known, I'm a mouthy goofball during the match, but I do my best to make it clear it's all in good, malice-free, fun.

Good to know I'm not the only one who does this.

@TheHansonGoons I have merged your posts; please avoid double posting.

Team killing is happening in my random lobbies I'd say 3/4 times. It's like people just got sick of trying anymore so it's devolving into GTA online sandbox jackassedness.