Why do you play?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Why do you play Friday the 13th?

• Purely for fun
    • Purely for competition
    • It's all about leveling up
    • Just because it's Friday the 13th

4 minutes ago, j03audette said:

I play simply because this is the most fun multiplayer game that I have ever played in my life(even with the bugs), plus I got to meet and play with a lot of great people.

All outta likes! lol... but I agree, 113%

I play purely because it's Friday the 13th the game.  I don't game nearly as much as I used to.  This is in fact the first game I've bought in over a year.

Let me put it this way.  If this was Slasher Vol:1 Summer Camp, I wouldn't be playing it.

• Like 2

For fun and cause its friday the 13th if it wasnt friday i probably wouldnt buy this type of game

I enjoy the game equally for the fun factor and the fact that is it Friday the 13th. It's not perfect, but I enjoy it just the same. I've meet a lot of decent people since launch day.

It perplexes me when people ask these kinds of questions about any game, with the implication that "for fun" and "for competition" are mutually exclusive to each other. That kind of mindset never gets beyond the surface of anything.

I play it because the idea of a fun, competitive game based on one of my favorite slasher franchises is appealing.

19 minutes ago, Rydog said:

It perplexes me when people ask these kinds of questions about any game, with the implication that "for fun" and "for competition" are mutually exclusive to each other. That kind of mindset never gets beyond the surface of anything.

I play it because the idea of a fun, competitive game based on one of my favorite slasher franchises is appealing.

Nothing perplexing about a simple question. I play it for pure fun. I like the counselors competing against Jason to try and survive. I like leveling up and unlocking things. And I play it because it's Friday the 13th and I get to be Jason!! lol... that said, the MAIN reason I play is just for the pure fun, enjoyment of it. There aren't hidden multiple onion like layers to this question. It's not for deep philosophy, critiques, how-to-guides. It's not saying you can't have one without the others. It's to stimulate harmless fun debate over what the main reason a person plays. It's a quick step away from bug complaining, Reddit warring, "I'm better than you" beefs that permeate a lot of the threads. 

The same thing can be said for the game itself. I don't play this game to dig beneath the surface to find every nuance and "beat" it. It's mindless slasher fun with everyone's favorite goalie!! :)

I can’t even have fun when I’m Jason nobody is able to escape me it’s very very rare if one person escapes so everybody RAGE QUITES so I gotta keep on looking for more players lol

But in the end it’s really fun killing Horny Teenagers

I think what I enjoy the most is that the game has very vague terms or conditions for winning and losing.  In most matches there really isn't a winner or a loser just a group of people having a good time.  I say this through the eyes of an xbox player using LFG almost exclusively so I've never had to deal with the trolls or team killers on a serious or game breaking level.  I play because it's fun and I love Friday the 13th I've waited to play as Jason since the NES game and despite all the glitches, bugs, or crashes when the game is running smooth it is an awesome experience. 

On 7/9/2017 at 9:04 PM, Rydog said:

69117784.jpg

• Like 1

For fun and because it's Friday the 13th.

Even after playing for 2 months solid, this game still nails the nostalgia bits just right, and the game-to-game laughs always keep it fresh for me.

I imagine playing with a group of advanced players might actually get dull over time, too, as teamwork would almost be a guarantee and this makes the game easier.

Playing Quickmatch is a pretty good mixed bag. Sometimes there's no teamwork and you have to watch things come together organically, other times it's just a shit show, and sometimes you see randoms work really well together and friends are made. I know the game gets knocked for only have 3 maps and little depth. Yet somehow no two games are exactly alike.

• Like 1

Because it is Friday the 13th. There is actually a story here that dates back to my childhood. Back in the summer of 1989 I mowed peoples' lawns every weekend for 5 weeks with one purpose in mind: Buy the Friday the 13th game for NES. I lived on a farm and already had plenty of work to do, but I wanted that damn game! Finally, I had saved enough (after wasting cash on some candy, snow cone, and ice cream binges) to buy it. My dad took me to town to buy it. I got home, fired it up, and thought "What the fuck is this shit? And why the fuck is Jason purple?" I was severely disappointed in the look, the sound, and especially the gameplay. I don't remember the counselors throwing rocks at snakes, zombies jumping over boats, or a medusa-looking Pamela head floating around in a cave in any of the movies. But after working so hard to get it, I was determined to beat it. I finally did, and never played it again. Oh yeah...FUCK YOU LJN!!!

Ever since that first night of playing the game, I have wanted to be Jason. I have played a couple of Fan-Made games over the years, but none of them were what I was looking for. I had a blast playing Jason in MKX, but that is just a mindless arcade fighter. I had a blast playing the Xenomorph too. But this game...oh this game! It's exactly what I have always wanted as a Friday the 13th fan. I can handle the bugs, I can handle the glitches, and I've dealt with online trolls since the 90's, no big deal there. I love the series, and I love the game. That is why I play.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

Because it is Friday the 13th. There is actually a story here that dates back to my childhood. Back in the summer of 1989 I mowed peoples' lawns every weekend for 5 weeks with one purpose in mind: Buy the Friday the 13th game for NES. I lived on a farm and already had plenty of work to do, but I wanted that damn game! Finally, I had saved enough (after wasting cash on some candy, snow cone, and ice cream binges) to buy it. My dad took me to town to buy it. I got home, fired it up, and thought "What the fuck is this shit? And why the fuck is Jason purple?" I was severely disappointed. But after working so hard to get it, I was determined to beat it. I finally did, and never played it again.

Ever since that first night of playing the game, I have wanted to be Jason. I have played a couple of Fan-Made games over the years, but none of them were what I was looking for. I had a blast playing Jason in MKX, but that is just a mindless arcade fighter. I had a blast playing the Xenomorph too. But this game...oh this game! It's exactly what I have always wanted as a Friday the 13th fan. I can handle the bugs, I can handle the glitches, and I've dealt with online trolls since the 90's, no big deal there. I love the series, and I love the game. That is why I play.

Great story. Thanks for sharing.

8 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Great story. Thanks for sharing.

Haha, thanks. I'm surprised anyone read it. It was just me reminiscing. Man, I really was looking forward to that game back in the day. I ended up having fun with it, but I just put it on the shelf after I beat it.

Just now, Rexfellis said:

Haha, thanks. I'm surprised anyone read it. It was just me reminiscing. Man, I really was looking forward to that game back in the day. I ended up having fun with it, but I just put it on the shelf after I beat it.

Yeah, I tried it back then (along with the Nightmare on Elm Street game) and was sorely disappointed. Even tried to re-play the NES version while waiting for this one...still wasn't fun lol.

I still play this game nightly and have a lot of fun with it. Granted, I'm becoming more of a "casual" gamer as I get older. I guess I don't need the dangling carrots to keep me playing anymore.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Yeah, I tried it back then (along with the Nightmare on Elm Street game) and was sorely disappointed. Even tried to re-play the NES version while waiting for this one...still wasn't fun lol.

I still play this game nightly and have a lot of fun with it. Granted, I'm becoming more of a "casual" gamer as I get older. I guess I don't need the dangling carrots to keep me playing anymore.

Yeah, I played NOES too. LJN took some great franchises, and really messed them up back then. But, I also played Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Halloween on my brother's Atari. The only thing was, in TCM you got to actually play as Leatherface! The game sucked, but you did get to play as the killer.

I've just always been a huge horror fan. I'm with you on the casual gamer thing. Really, other than some Madden with friends and Minecraft with my son on XBox, Friday the 13th is the only game I spend any time on.

I play because it is my favorite horror franchise and I find that the game is enjoyable. I play it pretty much everyday and I never grow tired of it. Playing with good people help that out as well, but I can say that this game is the most fun I have had in quite some time game-wise.

Of the options, because it's fun and because it's Friday the 13th.

While I want to do well and I'm disappointed if I have a lousy round, counselor or Jason, I enjoy most being able to meet new people through this game and being able to shoot the breeze with them.

Strategy planning and objective/item status on the fly, the random things people say when being chased, peanut gallery MST3k-ing the last survivors while spectating, post-mortem discussion about any cool, unexpected or disastrous things that just happened when a game finishes or just plain joking around.

I always play in private lobbies where mics are mandatory, because of that experience. It's kinda sad that even with other games that are meant to be very social, like Overwatch, I simply don't get that. The F13th players I group with are much more inclined to talk than many other online player bases, and I'm glad for that.

This is the first multi player I have played. I am visually impaired and first person shooters are next to impossible for me to play, more so as graphics become better. There is so much visual clutter for me to process. The thought of trying to play competitively against other people frustrates me before I even get in game.

I was also always turned off by the thought of trolling trolls who troll. While it is a fact of gaming life, it shouldn't be. I honestly believe that upsetting other people for fun should be cause for concern, especially if you only do it when things are anonymous. It means that empathy is not the reason you do not do mean or bad things but rather fear of consequences is.

It took me over a week to decide to play this game. I was heading out on a vacation to a secluded cottage on the ocean. Of course, because of my sick sense of humour, that meant I had to watch some Friday the 13th to get me in the mood. I started searching the internet for Friday the 13th stuff and came across this game. I thought, hey awesome idea, but multi-player? Not for me. Maybe when the single player comes out. Then I started watching some you tube reviews. I watched a couple of let's plays and it looked really fun.

I decided to give it a try, and you know what, it is in fact really fun. The occasional jump scares, the trying to run from Jason, the excitement of when you are getting close to escaping but aren't sure if you are going to make it, this is real fun. No matter what one says about the glitches or bugs, the state of the game, or whatever, I have to admit, for me, the developers truly captured the feel of Friday the 13th for me. This game is fun!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Definitelynotjason said:

This is the first multi player I have played. I am visually impaired and first person shooters are next to impossible for me to play...

...This game is fun!

Thank you for sharing your story. I never thought of the impact this game could have from that perspective.

I appreciate you providing the opportunity (and I do not mean this flippantly) to see this game through your eyes.