On 14/07/2017 at 4:03 AM, DarkJuggalo said:

The Problem isn't so much the game mechanics as it is the overall Balance of the game itself. There are many problems within the game. The way Jason being played is one of them. The fact of the matter is most players don't play Jason in a sportman like way. They simply do whatever it takes to get the Kill. This ranges from the Following I will list below.

1. Most players playing as Jason simply Grab. Since most players who play as Jason simply grab folks followed buy the Killing animation this leaves very little time to escape the grab or to even Fight back. 99 % of the time when one goes to escape jasons grab. Jason will need only three seconds into the grab to excute the killing animation. That's a very small window to Initiate the Grab escape unless you have Pocket Knives. The other problem being that if a player chooses to fight Jason. Most times Jason will simply grab mid swing of the weapon then Initiate the Killing Animation.

Suggested Tweaks / Fixes for this simply add a delay to the killing animation. Make the game slightly more challenging when playing Jason. As well as when a counseler or player playing a counseler enters combat mode. Make it to where grab can no longer grab a player in Combat mode. Unless that player has been Significantly Injured.

2. Jason in Most cases walks way to fast or can run to fast. Most of the Jason Variants are quite fast for there counterparts in the movies. In the movies I don't recall Jason ever running. It was more like a walk with a large stride. The fact some jasons can run dosent help with that. While there is no problem with the speed of Jason itself gamewise. The problem as you said is the fact Counselers run out of stamina. 99% of the time a counseler uses up there stamina simply running from Jason. Again that in of itself is fine. However the more direct problem is how the counselers regenerate that stamina. You have to be eathier crouched or standing still. And it takes a good length of time to regenerate that Stamina. And when being chased buy Jason and you go to regenerate that stamina. 99% of the time you wont simply due to the fact your spending more time running then regenerating the stamina. Suggested fix for that. Stamina should regenerate when your not sprinting Again in most cases its making getting the kills as Jason to easy.

im sorry but you just completely contradicted yourself 

you just said that the problem isnt game mechanics, but the overall balance itself, and then proceed to talk about the grab and initiating the kill animation and becoming uninterruptable, that itself is a GAME MECHANIC

and jason does run...

On 12/07/2017 at 6:40 AM, Ol'UnReliable said:

I think that the best route would be:

Players that hide for too long get high fear and high fear shows them on the map 

Repairs should have requirements

Gas: None

Battery: 6

Generators: 7

Music should play after seeing Jason

Jason shouldn't have sense and stalk should make his footsteps quiet

This mode should be 100x more scary 

are you talking about dead by daylight?

• Like 1

Personally; I'd rather they swap sense with either shift or stalk in the order of abilities you gain. Keep it the same but make it where you get it later in the match. You should be spending the early stages working to cut off modes of escape and smashing power boxes to promote fear to exploit sense better late-game. Rushing around using predator vision might seem fun but really the long way around is usually the more entertaining. I mean you have to play so many matches just to get to be Jason; why not savor the experience?

On 7/12/2017 at 1:18 AM, westwarren said:

i was also thinking

since i was promoting uncertainty....why not also remove the player markers on the map?

Ay it would be like L4d2 where in realism mode gets rid of the blue lines of the characters so no white circles means if y'all don't stick together, you're screwed. Teamwork or die.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LadySansaLannister said:

Ay it would be like L4d2 where in realism mode gets rid of the blue lines of the characters so no white circles means if y'all don't stick together, you're screwed. Teamwork or die.

exactly, removing the circles on the map is a great way to nerf the counselors for this mode 

14 hours ago, westwarren said:

im sorry but you just completely contradicted yourself 

you just said that the problem isnt game mechanics, but the overall balance itself, and then proceed to talk about the grab and initiating the kill animation and becoming uninterruptable, that itself is a GAME MECHANIC

and jason does run...

I'm sorry but how exactly did I contradict myself? I was pointing out that the mechanics need a Slight tweak. More Specifically when it comes to players who enter combat mode against Jason. Versus those simply trying to Run away all the time. Have you not played the game recently? A player who spends 90% of there time Running from Jason always almost always runs out of stamina. And when they go to regenerate that stamina they cant because when the player playing Jason catches up to them they areant even half the way rengerated on stamina. That makes the game one sided. The other problem breaking free from jasons grab. In its current state a player attempting to break free of jasons grab wont even make it half way through the Mini game before he can start killing. Again that's one sided. As for players within the combat mode the fact Jason can grab them rather then fight. Again is one sided and on the in sportmans side. As for your Jason running. That's part 2 and part 3 part 3 he had a light jog witch the games accurately portray. That isn't a full on sprint like you say he can do.

1 hour ago, DarkJuggalo said:

I'm sorry but how exactly did I contradict myself? I was pointing out that the mechanics need a Slight tweak. More Specifically when it comes to players who enter combat mode against Jason. Versus those simply trying to Run away all the time. Have you not played the game recently? A player who spends 90% of there time Running from Jason always almost always runs out of stamina. And when they go to regenerate that stamina they cant because when the player playing Jason catches up to them they areant even half the way rengerated on stamina. That makes the game one sided. The other problem breaking free from jasons grab. In its current state a player attempting to break free of jasons grab wont even make it half way through the Mini game before he can start killing. Again that's one sided. As for players within the combat mode the fact Jason can grab them rather then fight. Again is one sided and on the in sportmans side. As for your Jason running. That's part 2 and part 3 part 3 he had a light jog witch the games accurately portray. That isn't a full on sprint like you say he can do.

jason is running he clearly isnt sprinting and no one is claiming he sprints... its pretty accurate. i mean you initially said you dont recall him ever running, which is why i posted the video

you contradicted yourself claiming that game balance is the problem.... while the balance isnt

invulnerable kill animation is a mechanic of the game

having half a bar of stamina is alot, just jog off 

24 minutes ago, westwarren said:

jason is running he clearly isnt sprinting and no one is claiming he sprints... its pretty accurate. i mean you initially said you dont recall him ever running, which is why i posted the video

you contradicted yourself claiming that game balance is the problem.... while the balance isn't

having half a bar of stamina is alot, just jog off 

I never said his running was running I said it was more of a light jog. Which In turn you acknoweledged you can call it what you like it. The terminology used isn't a concern of mine. What is a concern of mine is as you said a 

Now while this in turn is a "mechanic of the game" It is in fact poorly balanced. The game is a survive or be killed game correct. Therefore if in the break free mini game where mashing the button dosent even result in getting halfway through the mini game before being killed. That's Imbalance as the only means of escaping that is with simply put a pocket knife. This essantialy means that without those pocket knifes. Due to the fact so little of them spawn in the map. Unless you have one 3 seconds into the grab the counseler is dead. Wheres the challenge in that? Its not a game about just kill everything and be done with it. There needs to be give and take within the game. That also Includes Jason grabbing counselers in combat mode. As 90 percent of the time the player playing Jason just grabs a player in combat mode while in mid swing of the weapon. Resulting in as I said above the Initial 3 seconds of the mini game and then the counseler is dead. In closing this isn't Directly the movies its  game therefore as a game it needs balance. If it was a game strictly about killing and leaving no survivors without a single means as to them getting away or being sportsman like period. Then it would be a game more like COD or HALO. Those are games specifically about killing and racking up points for kills. Again this isn't a game simply about killing there needs to be give and take.

19 hours ago, DarkJuggalo said:

2. Jason in Most cases walks way to fast or can run to fast. Most of the Jason Variants are quite fast for there counterparts in the movies. In the movies I don't recall Jason ever running. It was more like a walk with a large stride. The fact some jasons can run dosent help with that. 

nope

i agree with grab needing some sort of fix though, but jason runs.... end of story

I think this will make it too easy for counselors to escape. You're also going to get that player who will just hide outside somewhere like crouching behind a rock or tree in some obscure part of the map waiting on other counselors to set up escape routes.

Also think about a group of counselors who are communicating with each other properly. Once a counselor comes across Jason and tells the others where Jason is, they can use his lack of sense to their advantage. For example, currently if I'm in Jason's general area, I'm going to try my darndest to sneak away unless I'm well armed and my teammate needs help surviving. In the mode you're suggesting, I will instead just hide because chances are very slim that Jason will find me if I immediately stop moving until my teammate says he's gone or dies. As it is now, I need to get away from that area because; 

1) Jason sensed me as well as my teammate so he knows I'm in the area too.

2) Jason senses me after dealing with my teammate.

No sense of danger for me in this situation in the mode you suggest. 

I do love the idea of not having a musical warning for Jason though. I would suggest nerfing Jason's sense rather than disabling it until rage mode. Just give it a much shorter range. I would say his sense should have the same range as mics in this mode. 

On 7/16/2017 at 4:17 AM, iz2sick said:

I think this will make it too easy for counselors to escape. You're also going to get that player who will just hide outside somewhere like crouching behind a rock or tree in some obscure part of the map waiting on other counselors to set up escape routes.

Also think about a group of counselors who are communicating with each other properly. Once a counselor comes across Jason and tells the others where Jason is, they can use his lack of sense to their advantage. For example, currently if I'm in Jason's general area, I'm going to try my darndest to sneak away unless I'm well armed and my teammate needs help surviving. In the mode you're suggesting, I will instead just hide because chances are very slim that Jason will find me if I immediately stop moving until my teammate says he's gone or dies. As it is now, I need to get away from that area because; 

1) Jason sensed me as well as my teammate so he knows I'm in the area too.

2) Jason senses me after dealing with my teammate.

No sense of danger for me in this situation in the mode you suggest. 

I do love the idea of not having a musical warning for Jason though. I would suggest nerfing Jason's sense rather than disabling it until rage mode. Just give it a much shorter range. I would say his sense should have the same range as mics in this mode. 

the mode is indeed just a rough draft, meaning other things WILL have to be tweaked along side with it.... given the current state of the game would break the balance with such a huge change 

we need to see it in action before we can actually tell what it needs. but you have to understand... there are things we could do to also nerf the counselors in case it proves to be too much for jason

among those i suggested

1.) massively boosting the hearing detection of jason

2.) giving phase early on

3.) removing counselors from the maps 

4.) adding more parts to complete a single objective

5.) the sense will still be in the game, but will come alongside with the rage, basically to mop up players who have been hiding all game 

in the end.. its still a rough draft, we would need to see it in action to properly tweak the game, i wanted to make jason useful without having to rely on a skill that lights up players like xmas trees early on, and by doing so, hiding could actually be useful instead of being a death sentence 

@westwarren it appears you still double post despite warnings. If you have questions or need clarification on the posting policy please feel free to reach out to me. Please refrain from double posting. 

1 minute ago, JPops said:

@westwarren it appears you still double post despite warnings. If you have questions or need clarification on the posting policy please feel free to reach out to me. Please refrain from double posting. 

sigh... 

ive been told that ive been double posting....but i dont see how

i may have quoted someone previously but wasnt able to delete but that post and it only happened once which was in this thread.... how am i double posting exactly?