one thing that bothered me about f13 is the fact that jason is played the same every game, trap the objective, spawn, chase the counselor till he/she runs out of stamina, rinse, repeat. there not too many ways to evade jason, because once he finds you, he'll constantly keep your fear levels up and thus his senses will keep a lock on you, it goes for every jason in the game

during the games development i was always excited about the different, jasons.... i was hoping since that majority of the jasons cant run, theyd have to use stealth and cunning to kill their foes, to my disappointment.... no, youre going to have to chase them down 

now hypothetically speaking....what if we were to remove both the counselor's and jason's senses?

yes im talking about removing jasons ability to pin point your exact location NOT his hearing sense  , he should still be able to hear movements, and if the counselors fear levels are high enough, we should be able to hear their breathing within a certain range , jason would still have a general idea of where you are, but not an exact location, instead of lighting up like a christmas tree at a flick of a button

as pointed out by one of the posters, it could promote a camping gameplay, so in order to remedy this, make the sense ability a late game ability in line with the rage ability, once jason gets the rage, he unlocks sense as well.

now, for the counselors, if we remove jasons sense, we should remove the counselors sense that causes music when jason is nearby, being able to have a free detection for jason gives you a sense of security, the horror music should only play when your camera is pointing at jason, its basically a permanent stalk for jason

being a horror game, shouldnt we be promoting uncertainty?, would that make for more interesting gameplay?, has it been done before? or at least considered ?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ol'UnReliable said:

I think they should add this as a second game mode 

it can work 

i mean, its really annoying how jason can just spawn and flick the sense button and find you

Not a bad idea, but I'd need to see it in action... I feel like a lot of counselors would just pick a hiding spot and sit there instead of going for the objectives. 

9 minutes ago, westwarren said:

it can work 

i mean, its really annoying how jason can just spawn and flick the sense button and find you

Yea it make stealth stat pointless 

9 minutes ago, Imonyx said:

Not a bad idea, but I'd need to see it in action... I feel like a lot of counselors would just pick a hiding spot and sit there instead of going for the objectives. 

youre right i didnt think about that initially, it could promote a camping gameplay

but dont worry, i have a solution, make the sense into a late game skill, when jason gets the rage, he will unlock the sense ability, if players havent gotten out by then, jason should be getting a huge boost in finding them 

• Like 2

It would make for a good game mode, you would have to make the map smaller and take away an escape. But I think it would be a good game mode. 

• Like 1

A good team escapes in under 4 mins. Removing Jasons abilities to counter this is not good. 

14 hours ago, westwarren said:

one thing that bothered me about f13 is the fact that jason is played the same every game, trap the objective, spawn, chase the counselor till he/she runs out of stamina, rinse, repeat. there not too many ways to evade jason, because once he finds you, he'll constantly keep your fear levels up and thus his senses will keep a lock on you, it goes for every jason in the game

during the games development i was always excited about the different, jasons.... i was hoping since that majority of the jasons cant run, theyd have to use stealth and cunning to kill their foes, to my disappointment.... no, youre going to have to chase them down 

now hypothetically speaking....what if we were to remove both the counselor's and jason's senses?

yes im talking about removing jasons ability to pin point your exact location NOT his hearing sense  , he should still be able to hear movements, and if the counselors fear levels are high enough, we should be able to hear their breathing within a certain range , jason would still have a general idea of where you are, but not an exact location, instead of lighting up like a christmas tree at a flick of a button

as pointed out by one of the posters, it could promote a camping gameplay, so in order to remedy this, make the sense ability a late game ability in line with the rage ability, once jason gets the rage, he unlocks sense as well.

now, for the counselors, if we remove jasons sense, we should remove the counselors sense that causes music when jason is nearby, being able to have a free detection for jason gives you a sense of security, the horror music should only play when your camera is pointing at jason, its basically a permanent stalk for jason

being a horror game, shouldnt we be promoting uncertainty?, would that make for more interesting gameplay?, has it been done before? or at least considered ?

Hmm, that's an interesting idea. 

The reason why most Jasons follow the same formula is because, as terrifying as Jason is, the average Jason player is a bit nervous and overwhelmed knowing that seven people are out on their own agendas to get away. From experience, most players flock to the 4-seater vice the 2-seater to get more players out at once, and the boat is usually a prime suspect for Jason due to its ease of fixing. The fuse box is the most dangerous thing for Jason, especially from a *My Dad's A Cop* perked counselor, so many Jasons will camp out the Fuse box several times.

I agree, I think that we should have a mode where there is no music, jason can't sense anything, and there are no maps, any of that. Find everything yourself. Great idea man! It would make for a nice mode at least, it won't ever work as far as main game is concerned.

But do not underestimate the power of good counselor players.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Campkill said:

A good team escapes in under 4 mins. Removing Jasons abilities to counter this is not good. 

just removing the sense early on, and making it a lategame ability to reveil campers 

and my suggestion would also involve buffing his hearing senses to give you general idea of where they are but not a PIN POINT area, so you can still hear players jogging around, or if their fear levels are high, you can hear them breath while theyre stationary, but doesnt give you a brainless free detection

think of it as jason's sense, but making it permanent, and not lighting up players like a christmas tree

my aim is make the game more scare/suspense, i started playing DBD lately and that game does give me a sense of dread and suspense, because in the end, hiding from the killer praying he doesnt find me makes it scary (gameplay is stale for DBD, but at least it has suspense)

this could well make the hiding under the bed/closet actually work 

23 hours ago, Ghostboy20 said:

It would make for a good game mode, you would have to make the map smaller and take away an escape. But I think it would be a good game mode. 

i doubt the developpers would make a smaller map, given the nature of the f13 game 

23 hours ago, Nubcakes said:

Hmm, that's an interesting idea. 

The reason why most Jasons follow the same formula is because, as terrifying as Jason is, the average Jason player is a bit nervous and overwhelmed knowing that seven people are out on their own agendas to get away. From experience, most players flock to the 4-seater vice the 2-seater to get more players out at once, and the boat is usually a prime suspect for Jason due to its ease of fixing. The fuse box is the most dangerous thing for Jason, especially from a *My Dad's A Cop* perked counselor, so many Jasons will camp out the Fuse box several times.

I agree, I think that we should have a mode where there is no music, jason can't sense anything, and there are no maps, any of that. Find everything yourself. Great idea man! It would make for a nice mode at least, it won't ever work as far as main game is concerned.

But do not underestimate the power of good counselor players.

while this may nerf jason more than it will the counselors, we may need to tweak jason a bit to make some skills to regen faster or something

in order to tip the scales back in jasons favor, we may need to add another part for each objective to be completed, just so we can drag it to long enough to late game for jason to get his actual SENSE unlocked

adding an extra part of the objective, is a nerf to the counselors, without actually directly nerfing the counselors

23 hours ago, Nubcakes said:

my idea only proposes delaying getting the sense till late game, not exactly removing all the other features 

early game on.... he would have to rely more on his hearing, which would be buffed alot more for this scenario

the point of the suggestion is that the sense is a free give away, just like how the counselors music senses are

On 7/9/2017 at 2:41 AM, Ol'UnReliable said:

I think the idea you had @westwarren is great and this is the quote that would really make it. Sort of like the mode in Call of duty with no maps or indicators of where people are coming from. You would definitely have to do away with Jason's music (just the thought of unknowingly running into him without seeing him gives me the creeps!) as well as Sense ability. What if the hiding counselor breathes louder or cries a bit to trigger a larger ping? Already you may lose a counselor in a house with the sense ability if they are hiding(especially with certain perks like Home body), so now it is making it fair by losing the musical cues that Jason is near, making it that much more terrifying. I personally wouldn't want to play like that all the time, but a second mode like that could be very fun.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I think the idea you had @westwarren is great and this is the quote that would really make it. Sort of like the mode in Call of duty with no maps or indicators of where people are coming from. You would definitely have to do away with Jason's music (just the thought of unknowingly running into him without seeing him gives me the creeps!) as well as Sense ability. What if the hiding counselor breathes louder or cries a bit to trigger a larger ping? Already you may lose a counselor in a house with the sense ability if they are hiding(especially with certain perks like Home body), so now it is making it fair by losing the musical cues that Jason is near, making it that much more terrifying. I personally wouldn't want to play like that all the time, but a second mode like that could be very fun.

thank you very much for the feed back

On 7/9/2017 at 2:41 AM, Ol'UnReliable said:

Yeah,I would love to see some variation in the match types and something like this as hardcore mode would be cool.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, westwarren said:

i doubt the developpers would make a smaller map, given the nature of the f13 game 

No but if you take sense away it would be hard for Jason to track people down when they just hide where Jason can't hear them. 

1 hour ago, Ghostboy20 said:

No but if you take sense away it would be hard for Jason to track people down when they just hide where Jason can't hear them. 

I'm on board with that. Without sense, it's pretty damn near impossible to find people. Remove hiding spots and maybe there would be a fighting chance. Sure, he can hear breathing, but that means he has to sit there in front of hiding spots and listen for them to release their breath. That's worked for me before, but the only reason I knew they had to be in a hiding spot is because my sense picked up the house in red. Without sense, hiding spots need to go away.

6 hours ago, Ghostboy20 said:

yes i understand, and ive given that some thought

so the remedy to that was increase the hearing sense of jason, buffing it, and making him hear more movements and even walking if he is within a certain range, jason will hear the counselor  breathing  if the fear is also high enough 

plus,sense will technically be in the game....it will be a late game ability in line with the rage 

also if this handicaps jason, we could also add more parts adding more obj to make the game drag out longer to late game, so that would span the game out long enough for jason to get his actual senses 

also.... i had an idea

if this proves to mess with jasons ability to catch counselors early , we could always give jason his morph ability from the getgo

there are many ways to balance this out

I agree, give Jason permanent Stalk, allowing each Jason's unique music to play ONLY for those players that can visibly see him on their television screens. Seeing him should also make his red marker appear on their mini-maps. After a while of not being in a player's direct line of sight, the music would die down... also, the red marker would fade away ( I think the same should apply for the white counselor markers as well. Out of sight, then not visible on the map.)

If Jason gets marked by a flare then the music and marker show up for EVERYONE in the vicinity. 

Since Stalk would be permanent, then what should we put in the empty ability slot where it use to be?

I say, let Jason start the game with Shift. Let Morph be the first ability that unlocks after a time and Sense be the second ability to unlock. Change it so that Rage is the last ability to unlock where Stalk use to be and give it a cool down after it's been used.

I like the idea of his Sense ability being used to better detect sounds. But maybe also have it track footprints ? or detect smell trails from a counselor's sweat, blood and fears. (I'm thinking something similar to what Horizon Zero Dawn does in tracking NPCs.) This would be better than the current, as you put it, lighting up like Christmas trees or whatever. Maybe only make houses light up if you're using Sense in combination with Rage?

I would also like to see added to his Rage mode specifically the ability to destroy furniture, etc (if counselors are using them to run Jason in circles) and being able to move the car (if counselors are using it to barricade themselves in a building). Let Rage be something player's can use when counselors piss Jason off, lol.

I'd say on top of all this, let Jason be able to pick up corpses to either throw them through windows to scare counselors or place them in "booby trap" locations for "context" jump scares, like a counselor running into the barn only to find someone swinging from a noose, or falling out of a closet when a counselor goes to hide in it.

Maybe these aren't really well-balanced or thought-out concepts, but I personally feel they'd create a more immersive movie experience that I don't think should be solely tied to the skill of the Jason player. Some are great at using Stalk as it is to squeeze the scares out of other players. But if it was reworked to be permanent from the start, well, that'd be the bee's knees.

I like your ideas, but I'm just thinking about how the game is currently designed and what would be easier for Gun to alter. You remove Stalk as an ability then what would be button-mapped in its place and on-screen?

• Like 1

On 7/11/2017 at 0:56 AM, Pjthines said:

I agree, give Jason permanent Stalk, allowing each Jason's unique music to play ONLY for those players that can visibly see him on their television screens. Seeing him should also make his red marker appear on their mini-maps. After a while of not being in a player's direct line of sight, the music would die down... also, the red marker would fade away ( I think the same should apply for the white counselor markers as well. Out of sight, then not visible on the map.)

If Jason gets marked by a flare then the music and marker show up for EVERYONE in the vicinity. 

Since Stalk would be permanent, then what should we put in the empty ability slot where it use to be?

I say, let Jason start the game with Shift. Let Morph be the first ability that unlocks after a time and Sense be the second ability to unlock. Change it so that Rage is the last ability to unlock where Stalk use to be and give it a cool down after it's been used.

I like the idea of his Sense ability being used to better detect sounds. But maybe also have it track footprints ? or detect smell trails from a counselor's sweat, blood and fears. (I'm thinking something similar to what Horizon Zero Dawn does in tracking NPCs.) This would be better than the current, as you put it, lighting up like Christmas trees or whatever. Maybe only make houses light up if you're using Sense in combination with Rage?

I would also like to see added to his Rage mode specifically the ability to destroy furniture, etc (if counselors are using them to run Jason in circles) and being able to move the car (if counselors are using it to barricade themselves in a building). Let Rage be something player's can use when counselors piss Jason off, lol.

I'd say on top of all this, let Jason be able to pick up corpses to either throw them through windows to scare counselors or place them in "booby trap" locations for "context" jump scares, like a counselor running into the barn only to find someone swinging from a noose, or falling out of a closet when a counselor goes to hide in it.

Maybe these aren't really well-balanced or thought-out concepts, but I personally feel they'd create a more immersive movie experience that I don't think should be solely tied to the skill of the Jason player. Some are great at using Stalk as it is to squeeze the scares out of other players. But if it was reworked to be permanent from the start, well, that'd be the bee's knees.

I like your ideas, but I'm just thinking about how the game is currently designed and what would be easier for Gun to alter. You remove Stalk as an ability then what would be button-mapped in its place and on-screen?

this is probably the best reply ive yet to receive, and i will try to respond to all your questions

yes it is a permanent stalk

foot prints, OMG why the heck didnt i think of that, thats genius, that could be a good alternative, because i really really dread the sense, its just too easy to find a counselor to the point that its brainless and it renders hiding in beds/closets to be useless 

rage, coming in with the christmas tree sense would be a perfect combo, i completely agree, great idea 

rage destroying furniture...hmmmm, that might be a challenge for the devs to do....i mean given the game is filled with furniture 

corpse jump scare....lovely feature to have, but that would make it harder for the player to look for the body to find missing parts 

we are coming up with so many great ideas...im going to cry if development team doesnt see this 

On 7/10/2017 at 10:56 AM, Nubcakes said:

I'm on board with that. Without sense, it's pretty damn near impossible to find people. Remove hiding spots and maybe there would be a fighting chance. Sure, he can hear breathing, but that means he has to sit there in front of hiding spots and listen for them to release their breath. That's worked for me before, but the only reason I knew they had to be in a hiding spot is because my sense picked up the house in red. Without sense, hiding spots need to go away.

im honestly in favor of keeping hiding spots... i want to add suspense, what better way to feel uncertainty- by hiding in a closet and praying jason doesnt decide to check the said closet 

there would be ways to balance it out without having to remove hiding spots completely 

On 7/9/2017 at 2:28 AM, westwarren said:

Look not everyone is a pro player I'm having a hard enough time catching people while playing jason ok? ?

On 7/11/2017 at 7:51 AM, PowellCampsNAKED said:

Look not everyone is a pro player I'm having a hard enough time catching people while playing jason ok? ?

its a rough draft

obviously the game in its current state cant just take this overhaul and not tweak everything else

On 7/11/2017 at 8:58 AM, LadySansaLannister said:

This could work under a "realism mode" and it sets up a scarier tone for the game. I like it.

im hoping so

i wouldnt even play the base game anymore, id stick to this mode lol

i was also thinking

since i was promoting uncertainty....why not also remove the player markers on the map?

I think that the best route would be:

Players that hide for too long get high fear and high fear shows them on the map 

Repairs should have requirements

Gas: None

Battery: 6

Generators: 7

Music should play after seeing Jason

Jason shouldn't have sense and stalk should make his footsteps quiet

This mode should be 100x more scary 

On 09/07/2017 at 7:41 AM, Ol'UnReliable said:

Just like on Left for Dead 2, they brought in 'Realism' which was just a harder more realistic mode. Completely agree dude....stealth hunting for the win!

• Like 1

The Problem isn't so much the game mechanics as it is the overall Balance of the game itself. There are many problems within the game. The way Jason being played is one of them. The fact of the matter is most players don't play Jason in a sportman like way. They simply do whatever it takes to get the Kill. This ranges from the Following I will list below.

1. Most players playing as Jason simply Grab. Since most players who play as Jason simply grab folks followed buy the Killing animation this leaves very little time to escape the grab or to even Fight back. 99 % of the time when one goes to escape jasons grab. Jason will need only three seconds into the grab to excute the killing animation. That's a very small window to Initiate the Grab escape unless you have Pocket Knives. The other problem being that if a player chooses to fight Jason. Most times Jason will simply grab mid swing of the weapon then Initiate the Killing Animation.

Suggested Tweaks / Fixes for this simply add a delay to the killing animation. Make the game slightly more challenging when playing Jason. As well as when a counseler or player playing a counseler enters combat mode. Make it to where grab can no longer grab a player in Combat mode. Unless that player has been Significantly Injured.

2. Jason in Most cases walks way to fast or can run to fast. Most of the Jason Variants are quite fast for there counterparts in the movies. In the movies I don't recall Jason ever running. It was more like a walk with a large stride. The fact some jasons can run dosent help with that. While there is no problem with the speed of Jason itself gamewise. The problem as you said is the fact Counselers run out of stamina. 99% of the time a counseler uses up there stamina simply running from Jason. Again that in of itself is fine. However the more direct problem is how the counselers regenerate that stamina. You have to be eathier crouched or standing still. And it takes a good length of time to regenerate that Stamina. And when being chased buy Jason and you go to regenerate that stamina. 99% of the time you wont simply due to the fact your spending more time running then regenerating the stamina. Suggested fix for that. Stamina should regenerate when your not sprinting Again in most cases its making getting the kills as Jason to easy.