BloodOnTheRocks

Can I have stalk instead of shift?

So I love the idea of stalk but it has become useless in the current state of the game. By the time Jason gets it the counselors are well on their way to completing objectives and it has become a very active and agressively fought match. 

Id love to be able to get stalk before shift or even sense. Id love to be standing upstairs at Packanack and grab soneone as soon as they open the door. Or BE grabbed like that because it would be funny. Stalk doesnt make for very many jump scares right now because by the time Jason has it most cabins have been searched and it doesnt work all that well outside. 

I ask you .... let us choose which order we get some abilities after morph.  

Thoughts?

i agree, i want stalk earlier so we can have some stealth kills.

Stalk is useful in the later part of the game. i find it almost essential for stopping the car once its moving. Morph quite far ahead, enter stalk, shift towards and spawn in front and scare the fuck out of them

I'd prefer shift earlier but I would agree, a choice would be nice.

Maybe add to the feedback section of the forum?

Nope I need my shift for cars. Taking that away and the game becomes majorly unbalanced.

I say add the option to pick between getting Sense second and Stalk last and getting Stalk second and Sense last. There was a topic about that a while ago. I really feel like getting Stalk sooner would freshen up the game quite a bit, especially if it were a choice. Matches felt very "samey" after a while.

50 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I say add the option to pick between getting Sense second and Stalk last and getting Stalk second and Sense last. There was a topic about that a while ago. I really feel like getting Stalk sooner would freshen up the game quite a bit, especially if it were a choice. Matches felt very "samey" after a while.

How will Jason deal with sub 3 minute car repairs? I mean I've gotten out before shift was gained before anyway, but this is largely due to Jason's sometimes not trapping the cars or having their morph on cooldown. 

It would definitely make early game plays difficult for Jason. Stalk is cool but in a 3rd person game it's harder to be stealthy, and there is still a tell that Jason is nearby even in stalk, and that's when the camera zooms in a little.

Not only that, but as I mentioned in a different thread, it would actually make the game mirror the movies more closely. In the movies, Jason's first few kills are usually surprise/stealth kills. It's only toward the end of the film that it's an aggressive chase. I thought it would be better to start with Stalk, but then have it go away once there's only a couple of counselors left.

If they did this they would need to substantially increase how long Stalk lasts in all cases, and would need to randomize spawns more so people don't Insta repair cars or the phone.

Maybe have it so when Shift is gained, Stalk gets its usual duration.

13 minutes ago, weirdkid5 said:

How will Jason deal with sub 3 minute car repairs? I mean I've gotten out before shift was gained before anyway, but this is largely due to Jason's sometimes not trapping the cars or having their morph on cooldown. 

It would definitely make early game plays difficult for Jason. Stalk is cool but in a 3rd person game it's harder to be stealthy, and there is still a tell that Jason is nearby even in stalk, and that's when the camera zooms in a little.

No you misunderstand me. MORPH is the first power, SENSE is the second. When I said get Stalk second, that's what I meant. Shift should stay where it is as the third power.

10 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

No you misunderstand me. MORPH is the first power, SENSE is the second. When I said get Stalk second, that's what I meant. Shift should stay where it is as the third power.

Oooooh. I thought you were saying Stalk should be third and Shift should be 4th.

To make Sense 4th actually seems pretty interesting. It would make stealth much more viable. Subtle nerf to Jason but hmmm. I'm not sure.