I've noticed that those few doors that don't have barricades but just a simple lock on the door knob tend to be not worth locking.  Such as the ones at Packanack lodge.  He can break those doors down in one swing.  Basically the same amount of time it takes for him to simply open it.  What do you think?  Just close it and run or take the time to lock it?

I really hate it when people lock the doors it really just screws the other players one guy did this to me when I was right at the door so I came inside from another point and I asked him do you think it was funny to lock the door in me & I shot him

2 hours ago, GrandMasterLynx said:

I really hate it when people lock the doors it really just screws the other players one guy did this to me when I was right at the door so I came inside from another point and I asked him do you think it was funny to lock the door in me & I shot him

Exactly.  Seems like locking them just hurts the other councilors.  They have to scramble to find a window instead.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Deeify said:

Exactly.  Seems like locking them just hurts the other councilors.  They have to scramble to find a window instead.

The locks are to stop Jason from shifting in or opening and using stalk, common sense when scavenging.

5 minutes ago, Redcat345 said:

The locks are to stop Jason from shifting in or opening and using stalk, common sense when scavenging.

Just closing the door will stop him from shifting in.  What I was saying is locking it vs leaving it unlocked doesn't seem to slow him down either way.  The barricaded doors do, but not the locked doors.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GrandMasterLynx said:

I really hate it when people don't lock the doors because a locked door tells me a cabin has already been entered and looted.  I don't want to waste my time entering a cabin someones already been in.

• Like 1

Just now, Vaderspupil said:

I really hate it when people don't lock the doors because a locked door tells me a cabin has already been entered and looted.  I don't want to waste my time entering a cabin someones already been in.

People often miss stuff. I've gone in a locked house, and found the keys in a drawer someone missed. Double checking can win you the game.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, weirdkid5 said:

People often miss stuff. I've gone in a locked house, and found the keys in a drawer someone missed. Double checking can win you the game.

Agreed.  Often times, Jaons showed up and chased someone away so the cabin didn't get a thorough search through.

1 minute ago, weirdkid5 said:

I'll re-enter locked cabins a little later in the game, but not at the start. That's when it's a time waster.

19 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

We’re talking about a normal door that Jason can break open with just 1 hit not the other doors where it takes 3+ swings to break those are fine to lock but not the ones at Packanack or Higgins or the other ones the just uses a normal doorknob lock

• Like 2

These doors are also on the bathrooms.  That's why I never run to a bathroom when Jason is chasing me.  Never ends well.

I agree, while I think you should barricade every door, all inside doors should stay open and unlocked unless Jason is actively moving towards you.

44 minutes ago, Deeify said:

These doors are also on the bathrooms.  That's why I never run to a bathroom when Jason is chasing me.  Never ends well.

I like to hide in bathrooms because some Jason's don't always check them until last. You can walk by him after he passes without checking. Definitely don't shut and lock it, cause that just gives away you're inside. Plus being around the corner let's you get a free hit. If Jason guesses and blocks, you'll be kinda fucked though.

• Like 1

I lock them anyway i tend to get annoyed when people just leave doors wide open at least close the door so jason cant just walk or shift in

I realize that these doors can be knocked in with one hit, which makes it seem useless but it's actually not. I lock all of these types of doors when I enter, not to keep Jason out but as an audio notification of when he's actually entering. Otherwise, I'm rummaging through drawers in the other room and all Jason has to do is open the door normally and I'd have no idea he's inside the house since there's barely any audio of a door opening normally. 

But if the door is locked and he has to bust it in, even with one hit, it's loud and absolutely lets me know Jason has made it inside and it's time for me to stop scavaging and plan my exit!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Priest said:

I realize that these doors can be knocked in with one hit, which makes it seem useless but it's actually not. I lock all of these types of doors when I enter, not to keep Jason out but as an audio notification of when he's actually entering. Otherwise, I'm rummaging through drawers in the other room and all Jason has to do is open the door normally and I'd have no idea he's inside the house since there's barely any audio of a door opening normally. 

But if the door is locked and he has to bust it in, even with one hit, it's loud and absolutely lets me know Jason has made it inside and it's time for me to stop scavaging and plan my exit!

That's a good point for locking them.  Might give you that split second to escape through a window.

Yeah, that is a good point, actually, about the noise as an alert to you. I always barricade and lock up anyway, any second it buys me is useful, but that's a potential help as well.

I wish the bathrooms had at least one door with a barricade.  I feel like running in there is a death sentence.

On 7/8/2017 at 4:44 PM, Deeify said:

I've noticed that those few doors that don't have barricades but just a simple lock on the door knob tend to be not worth locking.  Such as the ones at Packanack lodge.  He can break those doors down in one swing.  Basically the same amount of time it takes for him to simply open it.  What do you think?  Just close it and run or take the time to lock it?

Yeah, those weak exterior doors are pointless to lock. But ones inside of cabins that can be locked are worth it, since he has to break them down.

I do think they should make it at least two swings to knock them down.  Not just one.

• Like 1

I never lock doors. If a door can be barricaded, then I do so. But locking? Nope. Jason can destroy them in one hit and it slows a counselor's escape.

7 hours ago, SnakeSound222 said:

I never lock doors. If a door can be barricaded, then I do so. But locking? Nope. Jason can destroy them in one hit and it slows a counselor's escape.

That was my thought to at first.  Seems like it's better time management to close it and run off.  I'm thinking if you are going to stay and search the building, lock it so you can hear Jason come in.  If you're running from Jason, close it and bolt.

Though they don't stand much of an obstacle for Jason, sometimes locked single-hit doors are what stands between you and a teamkiller. Lock 'em and get to that shotty first, lol. Hiding in a bathroom has saved my life on more than one occasion from a TKing pansy.