Jump to content

Recommended Posts

So, CASTLEVANIA on Netflix is a goddamn delight!

I watched all four episodes in a row, and the smile never left my face.

OH MY GOD THIS SHOW IS SO GOOD. Like, as an old (old, ooooooold) school fan, I can't imagine a version of CASTLEVANIA any more awesome than this show. 

The writing, the animation, the voice acting... everything is just top notch, works in all the CASTLEVANIA continuity, and is stylistic as Hell, in all the right ways.

WATCH THIS.

GxDOICLlARlBniTzVr9QLgw4yoI5iw__4kEBaXb0

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RKSDooM said:

So, CASTLEVANIA on Netflix is a goddamn delight!

I watched all four episodes in a row, and the smile never left my face.

OH MY GOD THIS SHOW IS SO GOOD. Like, as an old (old, ooooooold) school fan, I can't imagine a version of CASTLEVANIA any more awesome than this show. 

The writing, the animation, the voice acting... everything is just top notch, works in all the CASTLEVANIA continuity, and is stylistic as Hell, in all the right ways.

WATCH THIS.

GxDOICLlARlBniTzVr9QLgw4yoI5iw__4kEBaXb0

 

I'm sorry to tell you this castlevania is not good I prefer Brooklyn nine-nine or stranger things

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Moe9999633 said:

I'm sorry to tell you this castlevania is not good I prefer Brooklyn nine-nine or stranger things

You don't have to be sorry, I've long since given up expecting everyone to have good taste :).

Here are some links to reviewers that know what's up:

Den of Geek! ("It’s been said before that when the biggest complaint you have regarding a particular piece of entertainment is that there’s not enough of it, that’s a pretty good sign that it’s something special. While that’s mostly the case here, it is undoubtedly disappointing that Netflix’s Castlevania ends just when you’re starting to appreciate how special it truly is." 4.5 out of 5)

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/castlevania/266172/netflixs-castlevania-review

Screen Rant ("Beautifully animated, the style of Castlevania is sure to inspire more adult-oriented action series (like Shankar’s other planned animated adaptation of Assassin’s Creed), but it also sets a high bar for the genre. Video game adaptations have never been done as good as this one, managing to faithfully represent the spirit of the property while also injecting new material. Were you not already a fan of Castlevania, this series is sure to have you checking out one of the many games in the franchise, while for longtime fans, this adaptation could be just what’s needed to rekindle interest in the property.")

http://screenrant.com/castlevania-netflix-season-1-review/

Dread Central ("Netflix’s “Castlevania” performed magic by hitting my childhood nostalgia while offering my adult self something substantial and exciting. As I mentioned before, it’s clear that this series was created with love and passion. The first four episodes act as a foundation for the rest of the story and while a full story, complete with beginning, middle, and end, could have been created in the 90 or so minutes that this season runs, I am thankful that the calculated risk was taken to instead give us a taste of what’s to come. Now all we have to do is wait for the second season!" 4.5 out of 5)

https://www.dreadcentral.com/reviews/239108/castlevania-2017/

Collider ("Castlevania is a supremely satisfying video game adaptation that pulls no punches and is not for the faint of heart. Pulling inspiration from such violent and graphic anime stories as Ninja Scroll and Akira, this definitely isn’t kid friendly. And yet the violence and gore serves the story, one that’s not about a simple action-packed adventure of a trio of heroes wandering the Wallachian countryside, but the very real battle of complex heroes fighting for what’s right and protecting the innocent from darkness, death, and ignorance." 4 out of 5)

http://collider.com/castlevania-review-netflix/#images-poster

indiewire ("Gruesome, bloody, and (for most of its runtime) mostly devoid of hope, “Castlevania” doesn’t skimp on darkness. It never quite reaches the demented highs of its pillar-of-hellfire pilot, but by season’s end, there’s a clear mission statement for arriving at a slightly more optimistic future. Evil hasn’t completely enveloped these lands, but for four episodes, it definitely comes close.")

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/07/castlevania-netflix-review-season-1-animated-series-1201851882/

And it is currently sitting with an 87% audience appreciation score, at Rotten Tomatoes!

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/castlevania/s01/

See, Moe9999633 - you don't need to be sorry, there's plenty of people who know how awesome this show is. Thanks though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, RKSDooM said:

You don't have to be sorry, I've long since given up expecting everyone to have good taste :).

Here are some links to reviewers that know what's up:

Den of Geek! ("It’s been said before that when the biggest complaint you have regarding a particular piece of entertainment is that there’s not enough of it, that’s a pretty good sign that it’s something special. While that’s mostly the case here, it is undoubtedly disappointing that Netflix’s Castlevania ends just when you’re starting to appreciate how special it truly is." 4.5 out of 5)

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/castlevania/266172/netflixs-castlevania-review

Screen Rant ("Beautifully animated, the style of Castlevania is sure to inspire more adult-oriented action series (like Shankar’s other planned animated adaptation of Assassin’s Creed), but it also sets a high bar for the genre. Video game adaptations have never been done as good as this one, managing to faithfully represent the spirit of the property while also injecting new material. Were you not already a fan of Castlevania, this series is sure to have you checking out one of the many games in the franchise, while for longtime fans, this adaptation could be just what’s needed to rekindle interest in the property.")

http://screenrant.com/castlevania-netflix-season-1-review/

Dread Central ("Netflix’s “Castlevania” performed magic by hitting my childhood nostalgia while offering my adult self something substantial and exciting. As I mentioned before, it’s clear that this series was created with love and passion. The first four episodes act as a foundation for the rest of the story and while a full story, complete with beginning, middle, and end, could have been created in the 90 or so minutes that this season runs, I am thankful that the calculated risk was taken to instead give us a taste of what’s to come. Now all we have to do is wait for the second season!" 4.5 out of 5)

https://www.dreadcentral.com/reviews/239108/castlevania-2017/

Collider ("Castlevania is a supremely satisfying video game adaptation that pulls no punches and is not for the faint of heart. Pulling inspiration from such violent and graphic anime stories as Ninja Scroll and Akira, this definitely isn’t kid friendly. And yet the violence and gore serves the story, one that’s not about a simple action-packed adventure of a trio of heroes wandering the Wallachian countryside, but the very real battle of complex heroes fighting for what’s right and protecting the innocent from darkness, death, and ignorance." 4 out of 5)

http://collider.com/castlevania-review-netflix/#images-poster

indiewire ("Gruesome, bloody, and (for most of its runtime) mostly devoid of hope, “Castlevania” doesn’t skimp on darkness. It never quite reaches the demented highs of its pillar-of-hellfire pilot, but by season’s end, there’s a clear mission statement for arriving at a slightly more optimistic future. Evil hasn’t completely enveloped these lands, but for four episodes, it definitely comes close.")

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/07/castlevania-netflix-review-season-1-animated-series-1201851882/

And it is currently sitting with an 87% audience appreciation score, at Rotten Tomatoes!

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/castlevania/s01/

See, Moe9999633 - you don't need to be sorry, there's plenty of people who know how awesome this show is. Thanks though!

Ok well the Nexflix show you said isn't horrible but it's not my taste in shows but I told  2 of my friends that show and they both love it when ever I call they say call me later I'm watching the show and I wanna punch them but I don't because there my friends and I hate punching people (they keep watching the same episodes ) I ask let's play f13 they say no thanks and cause of this show started hanging out with my other friends 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This show is kick ass. It's short and sweet. The only gripe is it is maybe too short? I would of loved a few more with the team working together. Also the voices are a little quiet at times. 

Other than that though I thought it was amazing. I love that gorey shit. I felt like they did a great job making you feel bad for Dracula and made the Church look evil.  Belmont is a badass. Solid show honestly, just left me feeling hungry for more. I wish there were more episodes. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...