Sign in to follow this  
cristianln

I need to complain about this game

Hi guys, I am writing this post because I want to complain about this game as I am very angry and I need to say what I think a relax. First of all, I think it's a good game and I have a lot of fun when I play it but I want to complain about other topic,

The problem I have with this game is that developers have falied us, I pre-ordered the game not knowing what to expect, I trusted the company, I trusted this game was gonna be awesome but then the problems started to appear. When Fall 2016 was near, a delay was announced. At that moment, I didn't get angry, well, they delayed the game, but at least they were gonna add Tommy Jarvis and the single player mode which made me happy but then other "issues" appeared. The beta was only released for PC and it had a lot of problems , complained a lot because they couldn't play it, they delayed the phisic version of the game (moreover, they haven't said anything about it yet) they didn't release in Early 2017 as May isn't Early and Even though, they haven't said a word about the Cross-plataform which was supposed to be in the game.

Well, as you can see, they had a lot of problems, yeah, I understand they are a Indie game, they don't have the same resources as a big company but the problem is that they have commited too much mistakes and this is starting to get annoying. When the game was released it was impossible to play, and now the game runs a little better but it is still having  a lot of problems and, do you know another annoying thing? When they release an update they always release it later for Xbox One and I am sick of that since we have more problems than the rest of plataforms. 

The developers have disappointed us too many times and this is getting more and more tiring, I have lost my confidence with the company but this will affect them in a future because if the want to develop another game and they need the people to pre-order in order to get funds to release the game, the won't be able to develop it as the people  will have lost their confidence too and they won't pre-order because they will think about this game and all the problems it has.

Now some people will probably come to defend them, but this is my opinion and this is how I feel and anyone will change that. I know you will say "they are a small company, they are a indie game". Ok, and what about Dead By Daylight? It's an Indie game, and yeah, it has its problems like any game, but they are small problems but I have played it and I can't complain at all, it's totally playable. In addition to this, it has a better system to be the killer and it works, I hate Friday the 13th syste, it's horrible to wait a lot of matches to be Jason (and then when I am Jason it crashes).

Well this is all I had to say, I hope they solve all the problems someday.

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure the main reason they release updates for Xbox One later is because of Microsoft's strict certification process. To my understanding, every update has to be tested before it can be pushed, resulting in wait times sometimes being very long.

8 minutes ago, cristianln said:

Hi guys, I am writing this post because I want to complain about this game as I am very angry and I need to say what I think a relax. First of all, I think it's a good game and I have a lot of fun when I play it but I want to complain about other topic,

The problem I have with this game is that developers have falied us, I pre-ordered the game not knowing what to expect, I trusted the company, I trusted this game was gonna be awesome but then the problems started to appear. When Fall 2016 was near, a delay was announced. At that moment, I didn't get angry, well, they delayed the game, but at least they were gonna add Tommy Jarvis and the single player mode which made me happy but then other "issues" appeared. The beta was only released for PC and it had a lot of problems , complained a lot because they couldn't play it, they delayed the phisic version of the game (moreover, they haven't said anything about it yet) they didn't release in Early 2017 as May isn't Early and Even though, they haven't said a word about the Cross-plataform which was supposed to be in the game.

Well, as you can see, they had a lot of problems, yeah, I understand they are a Indie game, they don't have the same resources as a big company but the problem is that they have commited too much mistakes and this is starting to get annoying. When the game was released it was impossible to play, and now the game runs a little better but it is still having  a lot of problems and, do you know another annoying thing? When they release an update they always release it later for Xbox One and I am sick of that since we have more problems than the rest of plataforms. 

The developers have disappointed us too many times and this is getting more and more tiring, I have lost my confidence with the company but this will affect them in a future because if the want to develop another game and they need the people to pre-order in order to get funds to release the game, the won't be able to develop it as the people  will have lost their confidence too and they won't pre-order because they will think about this game and all the problems it has.

Now some people will probably come to defend them, but this is my opinion and this is how I feel and anyone will change that. I know you will say "they are a small company, they are a indie game". Ok, and what about Dead By Daylight? It's an Indie game, and yeah, it has its problems like any game, but they are small problems but I have played it and I can't complain at all, it's totally playable. In addition to this, it has a better system to be the killer and it works, I hate Friday the 13th syste, it's horrible to wait a lot of matches to be Jason (and then when I am Jason it crashes).

Well this is all I had to say, I hope they solve all the problems someday.

Your points are valid, my only suggestion would have been to post this in the feedback/suggestions section as it's feedback but I'm sure a mod will move it.

From everything I've read, folks on XBox have had it the worst.

Your points are not valid at least they made this amazing game without just taking the kickstater money and running. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bigboss831 said:

Your points are not valid at least they made this amazing game without just taking the kickstater money and running. 

Yeah, I admit that the game is amazing, I have a lot of fun  playing it, but it's really horrible when it crashes and when they realeases updates for PS4 and Steam and the Xbox One players have to wait for the update which we need the most as Xbox one has more problems than PS4 and Steam.

13 hours ago, DialM said:

I'm pretty sure the main reason they release updates for Xbox One later is because of Microsoft's strict certification process. To my understanding, every update has to be tested before it can be pushed, resulting in wait times sometimes being very long.

I know but what I don't understand is why other games release the updates for all three platafroms at the same time and without any problem.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cristianln said:

I know but what I don't understand is why other games release the updates for all three platafroms at the same time and without any problem.

You've never played Ark have you? Yeah updates are always being held back on PS4 and Xbox one. So this isn't new. 

6 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

Your points are valid, my only suggestion would have been to post this in the feedback/suggestions section as it's feedback but I'm sure a mod will move it.

From everything I've read, folks on XBox have had it the worst.

Thanks for the suggestion and sorry, I am new in this plataform and I didn't know where to post this sorry

2 minutes ago, cristianln said:

Other Dev's probably time it so PC and PS4 patches are released with the Xbox One's but because this game was so broken, Gun needed to put the patches out as soon as possible. Thus why Xbox is last. 

I'm glad you got to say what you wanted without exploding with offensive language etc.

You are entitled to your own opinion and people will disagree with you but atleast there is no direct flaming happening :).

I agree in some aspects myself but others I do not but I will keep those to myself :).

This game has flaws. Lots of them. Yet I see right through them.

That's how I know this is love.

Really though...I still have a lot of fun playing this game, even with some of the annoying bugs. Items glitching into the ground when you need them, some of the exploits (roof glitch) that have since been patched, you name it. They just don't break the game for me...I have a bigger problem with general connectivity. There's still a lot of dropping happening, getting matched into servers with ridiculous pings. Often North America to Asia...there's no reason for it, unless the numbers are THAT low on a regional basis.

My biggest gripe has been and will continue to be how people play as Counselors though. It's really unfortunate that unless you play with friends or get lucky to get matched up with competent players, you're basically gonna have a round full of randoms doing things that have been eluded to in recent threads here - teamkilling, bad / no strategy, no communication, not completing objectives, sprint looting and leaving objective parts behind...etc. I can't tell you how many times recently I've had to go into open / looted / destroyed cabins to find gas / battery / keys alone late in rounds when there's only 2-3 of us left, often to find everything there, clearly ignored.

It's a shame really, because it takes at least basic communication to say "hey, I found the gas, need some cover while I gas up the 4 seater"...I can see why a bunch of lone wolves would think "Why would I take this since Jason has the car trapped anyways"...Well Timmy, you've gotta escape somehow. I've seen countless rounds where nothing is being brought close to objectives, no one talks, so even if things are found, the co-ordination required to get traps off safely and pull off the repair just isn't there.

This, in contrast, to playing with people who communicate, where you could easily ensure that Jason is either distracted enough or has just Morphed, and you give yourself plenty of time to step in a trap, fix the fuse box, and call the cops before Jason can get back.

Don't get me wrong, I've pulled off a lot of the above playing alone using Deborah Kim. But it just gets boring when the community playing the game just doesn't seem to understand it very well. You'd think at this point the "meta" would be doing some way more advanced tactics. The smartest thing I've seen recently is people are starting to put traps outside of cabin doors, making it harder for Jason to avoid them.

• Like 3

Was the launch rocky? Sure, are your complaints accurate? Yes and no, I just wanted to pop in here and correct a few items. 

The beta was always stated as a PC beta. There was not a point in time where anyone was lead to believe otherwise. The reasoning for this was so that builds during beta could be pushed out and work could be done on fixing issues during the beta so that issues could be identified and rectified as soon as possible. Also stated that in order to do a beta for each platform would require more resources that the development team has. Also the purpose of a beta is to sort out problems so yes that is normal in a beta to have issues playing. It was aggressively patched and ran much better after a couple builds were pushed. 

Cross-platform play was never confirmed as happening. It was only suggested as something that would be looked into, it was never promised. 

I can understand the frustration behind the Xbox one version of the game. The memory leak issue was quite a large issue. The other platforms were not suffering as badly from the memory leak  that existed in engine. Keep in mind that every single person on a development team does not do the same jobs. There are different people working on different things. So while the leak was being investigated there were patches coming out to address platform specific issues on other platforms. I believe once the memory leak issue is behind that patches will be more consistent across all platforms. Will they roll out at different times? Sure, each platform has their own time tables. I do not feel it will be as severe as it has been though. 

You are entitled to your opinion and I can see where your frustration comes from. It's been a bit of a wait yes, but it will be sorted out. 

• Like 3

The frustration with the Xbox issues has taken over for me as well. We know the next patch will fix the glitching. But if it still doesn't fix the crashing and connection issues, I just won't know what to make of it. And who knows how much longer Xbox users will have to wait for said patch. The game has been out for over a month and folks are still having to deal with this stuff. This is simply unacceptable. It's definitely got me thinking twice about backing anything in the future, and I can't recommend this game, or any future title from Gun/Illfonic until I see how this turns out. Anyway I'll shut up now, guess I just needed to vent a little as well.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bigboss831 said:

Oh, so you are a connoisseur in the act of polishing turds? And an advocate of "well, I know it's very bad, but at least it's not as bad as "xy" so it's all good, right?".

Jesus fucking christ... some people. Whoever invented and started selling those "denial glasses of ignorance"... fuck you!

Oh and I'm sorry he disturbed you Mr.Validation-Police Officer and for him being out of conduct.

6 hours ago, Unclebunt said:

but atleast there is no direct flaming happening :).

I guess our resident Foxhound wants a word with you about that.

12 hours ago, DialM said:

I've read somewhere a few weeks ago about that subject. I'll see if I can dig up a link or two about the matter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'd like to echo the complaint above of the quality of people who play as counselors. I know that some of them are frustrated that they don't get to be Jason in the round. And I see the same things: people ignoring objectives and then bitch quitting when they get "bored" or things otherwise aren't going their way. I've seen people quit just before or just after being killed, and, quite frankly, the issue of people quitting early to the point where entire games end prematurely for EVERYONE is just patently UNFAIR! What about the people who want to keep playing? I know some Jasons have quit early when they can't get kills or several people escape, like they HAD to have a round of perfect kills/everyone killed. Not all Jasons are that skilled and I've encountered several that work with a friend playing as a counselor to HELP THEM get kills, which is pathetic. There's offline play and youtube video tips on how to play as Jason. And that goes for counselor players as well: people are doing things poorly and this will become evident upon watching others play after your character escapes or is killed. But many people simply don't care about LEARNING FROM WATCHING OTHERS. Nope, they want to play NOW and they have no patience to wait for other players to even select the character they want. There doesn't have to be FOUR VANESSA'S or four of any other character given the poor repair skill, in this case. And there's an issue of people quitting throughout the match, sometimes only seconds after it begins.  But when it stops the game for other people that want to keep playing, I think there should be a penalty of some kind for that. When people join lobbies just to mess around, it can make the game upsetting and frustrating who are trying to take it more seriously. There may not be a solution for this but at least I had my say.

Welcome to the forum @planetfall. Sorry to hear that the quality of players isn't more favorable. You can share your gamertag under the introduction section of the forum, and hopefully find some good people to play alongside of.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This thread is over 3 years old, so I'll be locking this for necroposting.