12 hours ago, Rydog said:

Some like to pretend that certain stats are way more valuable than they are, even in the face of overwhelming evidence. Stealth and Composure are false choices -- they do almost nothing to help you. See here for ample information with lots of screens.

Rydog 

when I play Jason I have no problems taking out Chad, or Vanessa. Vanessa especially due to the noise pings. Luck is great, but I block Chads attacks, so eventually his bat breaks.

your tier list points out some interesting facts about stats for sure, but the real evidence is in actual real world gameplay, and Jason can easily outsmart a group of fast councilors looking to fight, it's not that difficult. 

A group of stealth/composed councilors pose the biggest threat pre-Rage 

I don't think I've ever had a Chad or Vanessa escape from me, it's always AJ, Deborah and Jenny 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dandop1984 said:

Rydog 

when I play Jason I have no problems taking out Chad, or Vanessa. Vanessa especially due to the noise pings. Luck is great, but I block Chads atracks, so eventually his bat breaks.

your tier list points out some interesting facts about stats for sure, but the real evidence is in actual real work gameplay, and how Jason can outsmart a group of fast councilors looking to fight, it's not that difficult. 

A group of stealth/composed councilors pose the biggest threat pre-Rage 

I don't think I've ever had a Chad or Vanessa escape from me, it's always AJ, Deborah and Jenny 

In all honesty... if you let anyone escape, no matter what Counselor... you did a bad job.

And you mention blocking... yeah, well, that's because Combat-Stance is just inherently broken in general atm and even allows to gain complete immunity from Stuns, Firecrackers, Beartraps and Flareguns, even the though the last 3 a certainly not intended. So that's not a Counselor issue either.

Playing Jason is the easiest thing in the whole game. Even with the so considered worst Jason P7. Especially due to Combat-Stance.

Speed, Luck and Stamina are king... as sad as it is. Most stats are god damn smokescreens and not even half as useful as I personally wish them to be. Same goes for the perks. Half of the crap in this game doesn't work correctly in general at the moment.... I wish that wasn't the case, but it is how it is.

In an ideal world, every stat would have value, every Counselor would be unique and useful and all the perks would be viable to enhance them. But, we aren't there yet and we have not the slightest clue if we ever will be because the devs don't talk about their roadmap... if they even have one.

23 minutes ago, pRaX said:

In all honesty... if you let anyone escape, no matter what Counselor... you did a bad job.

And you mention blocking... yeah, well, that's because Combat-Stance is just inherently broken in general atm and even allows to gain complete immunity from Stuns, Firecrackers, Beartraps and Flareguns, even the though the last 3 a certainly not intended. So that's not a Counselor issue either.

Playing Jason is the easiest thing in the whole game. Even with the so considered worst Jason P7. Especially due to Combat-Stance.

Speed, Luck and Stamina are king... as sad as it is. Most stats are god damn smokescreens and not even half as useful as I personally wish them to be. Same goes for the perks. Half of the crap in this game doesn't work correctly in general at the moment.... I wish that wasn't the case, but it is how it is.

In an ideal world, every stat would have value, every Counselor would be unique and useful and all the perks would be viable to enhance them. But, we aren't there yet and we have not the slightest clue if we ever will be because the devs don't talk about their roadmap... if they even have one.

Haha let me add that rarely any councilor escapes, but the last councilors are the high stealth, composed councilors ;)

The occasional time they do, it's usually AJ, Deborah, Jenny.

That boat escape is high tier ? 

Sure maybe blocking is broken, but it's a major setback for high luck councilors trying to fight so Chad, Jenny and Vanessa lose Out.

speed and stamina is overrated. Especially with a councilor with low composure and stealth. They are easy targets pre-rage. Just use Stalk, morph, sense, wait, home in on Vanessa stomping towards you and Shift grab her. Done.

The above becomes even easier during rage, due to sped up cooldown of stats.

which is why fast, low stealth, low composed councilors have a big disadvantage pre-rage, and their stamina/speed won't save them during rage. Assuming they even last that long?

stealth and composed councilors have home field advantage pre-rage, and most games rarely last the full 20 minutes.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, dandop1984 said:

Haha let me add that rarely any councilor escapes, but the last councilors are the high stealth, composed councilors ;)

The occasional time they do, it's usually AJ, Deborah, Jenny.

That boat escape is high tier ? 

Sure maybe blocking is broken, but it's a major setback for high luck councilors trying to fight so Chad, Jenny and Vanessa lose Out.

speed and stamina is overrated. Especially with a councilor with low composure and stealth. They are easy targets pre-rage. Just use Stalk, morph, sense, wait, home in on Vanessa stomping towards you and Shift grab her. Done.

The above becomes even easier during rage, due to sped up cooldown of stats.

which is why fast, low stealth, low composed councilors have a big disadvantage pre-rage, and their stamina/speed won't save them during rage. Assuming they even last that long?

stealth and composed councilors have home field advantage pre-rage, and most games rarely last the full 20 minutes.

It's not the Stealth or Composure that winds up putting them last, it's the fact that they're avoiding you and not trying to push objectives with other counselors. They're away from the action, so you vacuum them up last. If they get caught at any point, they're dead, because they don't have the stats to lead Jason on a grand kiting adventure without help.

29 minutes ago, Rydog said:

It's not the Stealth or Composure that winds up putting them last, it's the fact that they're avoiding you and not trying to push objectives with other counselors. They're away from the action, so you vacuum them up last. If they get caught at any point, they're dead, because they don't have the stats to lead Jason on a grand kiting adventure without help.

I disagree. I see lots of AJs working with other councilors

Theres lots of ways to juke Jason rather than just putting up a chase. Most cabins are close proximity to each other, and AJ has enough stamina to hop from cabin to cabin. She is great at slipping away undetected.

AJ can benefit from Vanessa's, as typically Jason's can get distracted by Her, so when I play stealth I love rolling with low stealth characters, cause I know I can juke, and hide while Jason gets distracted.

Team work is key to survival. Not hiding the entire match,

3 minutes ago, dandop1984 said:

I disagree. I see lots of AJs working with other councilors

Theres lots of ways to juke Jason rather than just putting up a chase. Most cabins are close proximity to each other, and AJ has enough stamina to hop from cabin to cabin. She is great at slipping away undetected.

AJ can benefit from Vanessa's, as typically Jason's can get distracted by Her, so when I play stealth I love rolling with low stealth characters, cause I know I can juke, and hide while Jason gets distracted.

Team work is key to survival. Not hiding the entire match,

The Stealth stat has no impact on anything you are describing. It doesn't allow A.J. to slip away undetected in close proximity -- Jason can just Sense her regardless. Totally agree about rolling with Vanessa, but you really should just play Deborah or Lachappa instead, because when backed into a corner, you're going to get more mileage out of their Luck. A.J.'s Stamina is not a big differentiating factor compared to those characters, as she's almost neck-and-neck with Deborah for overall movement efficiency.

49 minutes ago, Rydog said:

I've survived 8 minutes as the last AJ before. A good player can survive. I even utilized a radio to fool Jason long enough for me to get from Higgins to Blair's Cove. With AJ you really have to have a game plan on your escape, and have to remember where you placed your bear traps. It's hard, but it isn't impossible. Using a stun chance increase or weapon durability increase on her makes a world of difference.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rydog said:

The Stealth stat has no impact on anything you are describing. It doesn't allow A.J. to slip away undetected in close proximity -- Jason can just Sense her regardless. Totally agree about rolling with Vanessa, but you really should just play Deborah or Lachappa instead, because when backed into a corner, you're going to get more mileage out of their Luck. A.J.'s Stamina is not a big differentiating factor compared to those characters, as she's almost neck-and-neck with Deborah for overall movement efficiency.

I'm aware of that. I'm referring to the white circles. Vanessa leaves a trail of them.

I enjoy fighting Jason. Which is usually why I play Jenny with her decent luck, and I like how she can fight without losing her map or darkened screen until at least Rage mode.

I get away just fine cabin hopping from even good Jasons as AJ. Her stealth is beneficial to get early objectives done quick unnoticed. 99% of Jasons go after the Vanessas, Buggzys, Adams ect first because they are easy to sense. AJs goal is to fix car or call cops while Jason is busy with everyone else. You can get away just fine as AJ unless your in the middle of the woods, in which case your just playing her wrong.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Rydog said:

A.J. is, on balance, tied for second-slowest counselor in the game (behind Lachappa). Stealth only affects noise pings, and it's not efficient to track counselors with these. It is a stat with no value. Her only upside is her Repair, and Deborah/Lachappa have her squarely beat for best fixer thanks to their stat spreads. A.J. also has the worst Luck in the game, which is a massive liability during Jason encounters.

Rydog, like your Jason analysis, you're completely wrong with regards to what you value.

I get flawless matches almost every match, and I use sound pings extensively to know where to morph/shift to when counselors are out of sense range.

AJ is, along with Vanessa due to her speed, the hardest counselor in the game to catch. But then again, you classed Part 2 as low tier when anyone who has any ability in this game puts him at the very top... *sigh*

Stick to providing stats, as your tactical verdicts are pretty worthless, and all you're doing is spreading disinformation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ZooMalfunction said:

Rydog, like your Jason analysis, you're completely wrong with regards to what you value.

I get flawless matches almost every match, and I use sound pings extensively to know where to morph/shift to when counselors are out of Shift range.

AJ is, along with Vanessa due to her speed, the hardest counselor in the game to catch. But then again, you classed Part 2 as low tier when anyone who has any ability in this game puts him at the very top... *sigh*

Stick to providing stats, as your tactical verdicts are pretty worthless, and all you're doing is spreading disinformation.

Gotta agree on Part 2. I also think he's the top tier Jason. His 7 traps are just too powerful and give you complete map and situational control over a match. That is, if used correctly. Close second comes Part 8 for me (and propably Savini which I do not own) because I feel the speed of breaking down doors pre-Rage is something very valuable and adds up over time.

But that's just Jason. In terms of Counselors I still feel he is correct. Just based on good Jason's making use of the broken Combat-Stance. A fast and high stamina runner just seems to me as the way to go to stay alive for as long as possible post-Rage.

4 minutes ago, pRaX said:

Gotta agree on Part 2. I also think he's the top tier Jason. His 7 traps are just too powerful and give you complete map and situational control over a match. That is, if used correctly. Close second comes Part 8 for me (and propably Savini which I do not own) because I feel the speed of breaking down doors pre-Rage is something very valuable and adds up over time.

But that's just Jason. In terms of Counselors I still feel he is correct. Just based on good Jason's making use of the broken Combat-Stance. A fast and high stamina runner just seems to me as the way to go to stay alive for as long as possible post-Rage.

Stamina doesn't matter if Jason is good at shift grabbing. Personally I have no problems killing a Vanessa. Missing the shift grab allows her more distance to escape, but throwing knives and shift grab both can shut down stamina runners, with the latter completely nullifying perks like Thick Skinned.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, weirdkid5 said:

Stamina doesn't matter if Jason is good at shift grabbing. Personally I have no problems killing a Vanessa. Missing the shift grab allows her more distance to escape, but throwing knives and shift grab both can shut down stamina runners, with the latter completely nullifying perks like Thick Skinned.

What if the Jason is very good at shift-grabbing and you are very good at shift-grab avoiding because you are very good at shift-grabbing yourself and know what to do to make it difficult to pull it off for people that are good at it? What about people that are so good that they stun you out of your shift?

They are out there. And most of them share the opinion that I have. Maybe, just maybe, on a certain level of expertise, many claim Vanessa to be King.. just maybe there is actually at least some inkling of truth to that.

I'm personally more comfortable controlling a Vanessa when facing really, really good Jasons. Luckily, there aren't that many. Yet. Shouldn't take too long since the skill ceiling of this game isn't exactly high imho. I'd even say if you just stand upright, you most likely gonna bonk your head.

34 minutes ago, pRaX said:

What if the Jason is very good at shift-grabbing and you are very good at shift-grab avoiding because you are very good at shift-grabbing yourself and know what to do to make it difficult to pull it off for people that are good at it? What about people that are so good that they stun you out of your shift?

They are out there. And most of them share the opinion that I have. Maybe, just maybe, on a certain level of expertise, many claim Vanessa to be King.. just maybe there is actually at least some inkling of truth to that.

I'm personally more comfortable controlling a Vanessa when facing really, really good Jasons. Luckily, there aren't that many. Yet. Shouldn't take too long since the skill ceiling of this game isn't exactly high imho. I'd even say if you just stand upright, you most likely gonna bonk your head.

Avoiding a Shift Grab is the same with every counselor to me. It's all about cutting in a different direction when you anticipate Jason is about to grab you. I have no issue avoiding it as AJ, and I play with friends that I know are good Jason's. Your scenario here comes down to pure skill, and with any Counselor it is possible. The only one I say would struggle with Shift Grabs is Eric. And stunning out of shift can be done with every character, this isn't a Vanessa exclusive thing. You get a baseball bat and you stun 100% of the time.

Also, any Smart Jason will see you are in combat stance waiting to hit him, you simply stay in shift and wait for then swing, then turn back around and punish for the whiff. This is a mindgame and again a skill thing.

Most players I run across in game say AJ or Buggzy are great. One of my friends is a really good Vanessa and he's hard to catch, which is why I save him for last. A smart Jason will eliminate repair characters first. It's only a matter of time before Vanessa's terrible composure comes back to bite her, as a higher fear means slower stamina regen, and thus less running. I am a patient Jason and as long as my objectives are still trapped, I will gladly follow a Vanessa until she has no more stamina, and then proceed to beat her to death in order to avoid a pocket knife.

People rarely escape from me, and when they do, it's usually a Stealth Repair character.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, weirdkid5 said:

Avoiding a Shift Grab is the same with every counselor to me. It's all about cutting in a different direction when you anticipate Jason is about to grab you. I have no issue avoiding it as AJ, and I play with friends that I know are good Jason's. Your scenario here comes down to pure skill, and with any Counselor it is possible. The only one I say would struggle with Shift Grabs is Eric. And stunning out of shift can be done with every character, this isn't a Vanessa exclusive thing. You get a baseball bat and you stun 100% of the time.

Also, any Smart Jason will see you are in combat stance waiting to hit him, you simply stay in shift and wait for then swing, then turn back around and punish for the whiff. This is a mindgame and again a skill thing.

Most players I run across in game say AJ or Buggzy are great. One of my friends is a really good Vanessa and he's hard to catch, which is why I save him for last. A smart Jason will eliminate repair characters first. It's only a matter of time before Vanessa's terrible composure comes back to bite her, as a higher fear means slower stamina regen, and thus less running. I am a patient Jason and as long as my objectives are still trapped, I will gladly follow a Vanessa until she has no more stamina, and then proceed to beat her to death in order to avoid a pocket knife.

People rarely escape from me, and when they do, it's usually a Stealth Repair character.

And I don't disagree with anything you say and never did I claim that these things are "impossible" for the other Counselors. Vanessa can still run for longer and is faster which I just feel is more valuable than anything else. Not even implying that I'll survive the session in the end because I still deem playing Jason as the easiest thing in the game.. and if you don't get 'em all, considering the power you are actually wielding.. than you fucked up greatly. Meaning, I don't deem surviving a session as the biggest accomplishment in general as a Counselor.

Making a Jason to be focus'd on you that he spends 10+ minutes on chasing you so everyone else can savely play the objectives and / or escape. Now that's stuff I'm thriving for when playing Vanessa and that's where she's best at :D

And ofc that's highly subjective / biased. So is a Tier-list.

Oh and 90% of the time when people escape from me... it's due to me not being able to prevent them from calling the cops. The ones that slip through aren't specific Counselors.

10 minutes ago, pRaX said:

And I don't disagree with anything you say and never did I claim that these things are "impossible" for the other Counselors. Vanessa can still run for longer and is faster which I just feel is more valuable than anything else. Not even implying that I'll survive the session in the end because I still deem playing Jason as the easiest thing in the game.. and if you don't get 'em all, considering the power you are actually wielding.. than you fucked up greatly. Meaning, I don't deem surviving a session as the biggest accomplishment in general as a Counselor.

Making a Jason to be focus'd on you that he spends 10+ minutes on chasing you so everyone else can savely play the objectives and / or escape. Now that's stuff I'm thriving for when playing Vanessa and that's where she's best at :D

And ofc that's highly subjective / biased. So is a Tier-list.

Oh and 90% of the time when people escape from me... it's due to me not being able to prevent them from calling the cops. The ones that slip through aren't specific Counselors.

It's debatable on what's most valuable, that's subjective, as you said. Sure speed and stamina are great for survival, but they are nothing without stealth repair characters doing the dirty work. There is no "best" stat, they all work in tandem as do all the Counselors. Depending on your playstyle, certain stats will be the "best" for you. But like I said, being able to run doesn't matter if you get grabbed without a knife lol

I've never let a Vanessa chase last longer than 3 minutes. If she isn't dead by then, I'm going somewhere else. Tunnel vision is how you lose as Jason.

The only characters worth a damn are AJ, Vanessa, Chad, Adam, Tiffany, and Buggzy.

AJ is hard to find, so a good looter, and has repair.

Adam has repair, and can damage Jason if you're looking for the kill.

Chad is a bodyguard due to his high stun.

Vanessa is fast distraction and can courier parts.

Buggzy is fast and can hurt Jason.

Tiffany is fast and stealthy, so can be used as a looter and courier.

In practice: Jenny is a worse Chad. Deborah and LaChappa are worse AJs. Kenny excels at nothing. Adam and Buggzy are pointless if not having demasking as a strategy, because then Buggzy becomes a worse Vanessa, and Adam a worse AJ.

Adam's repair is about the lowest acceptable, but anything higher than AJ's isn't needed, and not worth the tradeoff for other stats, hence why Deborah is marginally not worth it and LaChappa is just bad.

IMO you should essentially have Vanessas running distraction and dropping off parts. Tiffanys alternating delivery and solo looting areas away from Jason as required. AJs solo looting and repairing. And Chads defending AJs during repairs and rescuing stamina depleted Tiffanys and Vanessas.

Rydog rates Luck and low Composure too high. Fear isn't much of an issue if stealthing correctly, and you should only be using flare guns, or bats and melee as a last resort, so luck hardly matters unless you're a battle-Chad who's relying on it for stun duration and bat durability.

Repair, Stamina and Speed are the most important characteristics, with Stealth and Luck there too, but only if 10s, and Strength only if going for the kill.

Low composure and Luck are crutches. They only benefit players who are *frequently* getting found by Jason and are away from their team at the time, and keep running down the clock. You should either be solo and rarely found (AJ) easy to escape and calm down (Vanessa) both (Tiffany) or be running with allies (Adam, Chad, Buggzy). At that point, Luck and Composure hardly matter.

An ideal team for me is 2 AJs (for multiple simultaneous objective attack) 2 Vanessas (to courier, kite, and mess up sound pings) and 2 Chads to defend the objectives. You can round this off with an extra of either of those, or a Tiffany, to suit. Replace the Vanessas with Adams/Buggzys as my team does if you want the kill on the table at all times. That way tying up Jason in combat (and long Chad stuns) achieves the distraction goal.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ZooMalfunction said:

The only characters worth a damn are AJ, Vanessa, Chad, Adam, Tiffany, and Buggzy.

AJ is hard to find and has repair.

Adam has repair, and can damage Jason if you're looking for the kill.

Chad is a bodyguard due to his high stun.

Vanessa is fast and can courier parts.

Buggzy is fast and can hurt Jason.

Tiffany is fast and stealthy, so can be used as a stealthy courier when needed.

In practice: Jenny is a worse Chad. Deborah and LaChappa are worse AJs. Kenny excels at nothing. Adam and Buggzy are pointless if not having demasking as a strategy, because then Buggzy becomes a worse Vanessa, and Adam a worse AJ.

IMO you should essentially have Vanessas running distraction and dropping off parts. Tiffanys alternating between distraction/delivery/and solo looting areas away from Jason as required. AJs solo looting and repairing. And Chads defending AJs during repairs and rescuing stamina depleted Tiffanys and Vanessas.

Rydog rates Luck and low Composure too high. Fear isn't much of an issue if stealthing correctly, and you should only be using flare guns or bats, and melee as a last resort, so luck hardly matters unless you're a battle-Chad who's relyinf on it.

Repair, Stamina and Speed are the most important characteristics, with Stealth there too, but only if a 10, and Strength if only if going for the kill.

Low composure and Luck are crutches. They only benefit players who are frequently getting found by Jason and are away from their team. You should either be solo and rarely found (AJ) easy to escape and calm down (Vanessa) both (Tiffany) or be running with allies (Adam, Chad, Buggzy).

I have zero issues killing or finding an AJ earlly.  Its not to difficult either on where to predict where she would be on the map, since she is more likely trying to do objectives. All you have to do is be smart and take out the power and just flash sense or morph around looking for her.  

57 minutes ago, Colorboy said:

I have zero issues killing or finding an AJ earlly.  Its not to difficult either on where to predict where she would be on the map, since she is more likely trying to do objectives. All you have to do is be smart and take out the power and just flash sense or morph around looking for her.  

As AJ was originally pushed early by people online as the best character, lots of bad players started using her as what they thought of as a crutch without actually understanding how to play to her strengths. Mainly thinking wrongly that Stealth provided a possible Sense bypass.

As a result, most mediocre players use AJ. It isn't a coincidence to me that most toxic players I encountered (TKing, glitching) were AJs too. Non-talking and cowardly players like AJ too as they feel like she offers the best ability to solo escape in a vehicle.

Bad AJs (which are very, very common) are among the easiest kills. Good AJs the hardest.

12 minutes ago, Colorboy said:

By that token I have no issues killing Vanessa, and she's supposedly the hardest to catch. I thrive on killing Vanessa's. Have been since the Beta.

5 hours ago, KhazzeronBloodmoore said:

I get away just fine cabin hopping from even good Jasons as AJ. Her stealth is beneficial to get early objectives done quick unnoticed. 99% of Jasons go after the Vanessas, Buggzys, Adams ect first because they are easy to sense. AJs goal is to fix car or call cops while Jason is busy with everyone else. You can get away just fine as AJ unless your in the middle of the woods, in which case your just playing her wrong.

It seems like most ppl play Deborah more now than AJ because of the high repair skills. I still think AJs stealth keeps you alive because you can stay away from Jason spotting you. 

When Jason is coming straight for you as AJ, it feels like you're playing a weaker character. I know I feel like that if I become the first victim & it's frustrating.  

I think most counselors are doomed if none of the objectives are being completed...cars, boat, or especially the police call. Once I find a pocket knife, firecrackers, shotgun, flare gun or moms sweater...I'm feeling pretty good to defend myself as AJ as long as there is a way out. 

You can't run forever as Vannessa or fight forever as Bugsy, they need repair characters to help them escape. 

Just now, Miss AJ said:

It seems like most ppl play Deborah more now than AJ because of the high repair skills. I still think AJs stealth keeps you alive because you can stay away from Jason spotting you. 

When Jason is coming straight for you as AJ, it feels like you're playing a weaker character. I know I feel like that if I become the first victim & it's frustrating.  

I think most counselors are doomed if none of the objectives are being completed...cars, boat, or especially the police call. Once I find a pocket knife, firecrackers, shotgun, flare gun or moms sweater...I'm feeling pretty good to defend myself as AJ as long as there is a way out. 

You can't run forever as Vannessa or fight forever as Bugsy, they need repair characters to help them escape. 

Choosing Deborah over AJ is silly to me imo. She makes more noise, and can't run as good. AJ only has one more skill check than Deb, so with good reactions it won't even be an issue.

12 minutes ago, weirdkid5 said:

By that token I have no issues killing Vanessa, and she's supposedly the hardest to catch. I thrive on killing Vanessa's. Have been since the Beta.

If you catch either in the open AJ will be easier to kill.  Once she is spotted it's easier to chase her down than Vanessa.  There is a huge difference in speed and stamina between them.

1 minute ago, Colorboy said:

If you catch either in the open AJ will be easier to kill.  Once she is spotted it's easier to chase her down than Vanessa.  There is a huge difference in speed and stamina between them.

Anyone out in the open is dead meat if you can land a shift grab or throwing knives. A good AJ isn't going to get caught in the middle of the woods by herself unless she is either scared as hell, or has been sprinting around. Once she's spotted yes, but a Vanessa will be spotted all the time. That's the balance between them. I've gone matches as AJ without ever encountering Jason.

Avoiding a Shift Grab is the same for me no matter who I'm playing. The key with AJ is to only sprint during a shift grab, or to make a mad sprint for the nearest window, and to jog in all other cases to conserve your stamina. This is especially useful against Undead Jason's.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, weirdkid5 said:

Anyone out in the open is dead meat if you can land a shift grab or throwing knives. A good AJ isn't going to get caught in the middle of the woods by herself unless she is either scared as hell, or has been sprinting around. Once she's spotted yes, but a Vanessa will be spotted all the time. That's the balance between them. I've gone matches as AJ without ever encountering Jason.

Avoiding a Shift Grab is the same for me no matter who I'm playing. The key with AJ is to only sprint during a shift grab, or to make a mad sprint for the nearest window, and to jog in all other cases to conserve your stamina. This is especially useful against Undead Jason's.

This.

I main AJ and nearly always escape. Half those matches I never even encounter Jason because I'm playing intelligently, and never sprint unless necessary.

I'm usually silently calling the police/repairing generators/vehicles for the team while Jason's otherwise occupied. I'm always on the walkie and coordinating the team by telling them where's left to loot, and where to keep Jason tied down while I repair, and when I need a Chad rescue. AJ makes a fantastic 'captain' character as a result, as she usually has the space to do this.

My issue with Rydog is he's trying to set himself up as an authority on the game by frequently posting his analysis in these topics, but the entire thing is based on his subjective analysis of what stats and perks have more value, and as someone who is a very sucessful Jason and Counselor, I can only say he's coming at it from the perspective of a mediocre player.

He overvalues crutches and undervalues strategies that only pay off in the hands of skilled players. His stats may be sound, but his interpretation of them is seriously lacking, and as a result I just feel like he's inadvertently spreading a lot of disinformation.

Stick to the numbers dude. That in itself is a good service.

• Like 2