Smitty_Voorhees

When you call the cops, what does dispatch say?

I keep hearing "10-4s." Logically, 10-4 makes more sense. But it sounds like "ten fours ninety seven."

And it sounds like the first guy says 9 syllables. The second guy 6 syllables.

1 hour ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

I keep hearing "10-4s." Logically, 10-4 makes more sense. But it sounds like "ten fours ninety seven."

And it sounds like the first guy says 9 syllables. The second guy 6 syllables.

Almost 100% sure the second officer is saying "10-4, its 97". 97 means arrival on scene in most cop codes (technically called 10-97, but shortened to 97 )

I can not figure out what dispatch is saying other than the guess i posted a few days back.

14 minutes ago, Ethan said:

Almost 100% sure the second officer is saying "10-4, its 97". 97 means arrival on scene in most cop codes (technically called 10-97, but shortened to 97 )

I can not figure out what dispatch is saying other than the guess i posted a few days back.

"it's"! That makes sense.

36 minutes ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

"it's"! That makes sense.

This may be reaching, but the guesses of "therapy" and " there pete" may be Tiereney.  Cop in original F13 was Sgt. Tiereney. 

So assume we are catching the end of convo,  "copy. On the road Tiereney "? "10.4 is 97."

Maybe? Lol

11 minutes ago, Ethan said:

This may be reaching, but the guesses of "therapy" and " there pete" may be Tiereney.  Cop in original F13 was Sgt. Tiereney. 

So assume we are catching the end of convo,  "copy. On the road Tiereney "? "10.4 is 97."

Maybe? Lol

It matches the syllables! I hope that's true.

3 hours ago, MidnightCallerXx said:

I always hear "Copy on aroma therapy, tims force 97" Which makes no sense....unless...

Friday-The-13th-The-Game-Jason-5.jpg.edd1a3d15cfe004906ec098a14724ae0.jpg

Fixed it.

After everything he's been through the poor guy does need a spa day. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Video

Well, if he doesn't come back we can just ask a youtuber to ask them for us. ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brigadius said:

Well, if he doesn't come back we can just ask a youtuber to ask them for us. ;)

Or a Twitterhead, or a Facebook cronie. But not here, definitely don't ask about this game on the official forum for the game. What the hell were you thinking?

1 minute ago, Rexfellis said:

Or a Twitterhead, or a Facebook cronie. But not here, definitely don't ask about this game on the official forum for the game. What the hell were you thinking?

Or you'll find it written in the sands on Mars lol 

15 minutes ago, Randygbk said:

It's definitely "Copy on the route" then less definite, "3RP".

You find the script or guessing like the rest of us? ;) lol

Just now, Ethan said:

You find the script or guessing like the rest of us? ;) lol

I was expecting C3P0 to come walking in when I saw 3RP lol So maybe that's what it's really saying xD 

It wasn't a tracked line in the script apparently. Copy on the route is a definite. The audio engineer is less definite on 3RP.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Randygbk said:

It wasn't a tracked line in the script apparently. Copy on the route is a definite. The audio engineer is less definite on 3RP.

Ty for taking time to investigate

I always heard it as "copy on the road" then i dont know the next 2 words sounds like "here beef" but clearly that cant be right and 2nd guy says 10 4s 97 for sure

The "10-497" makes sense.  Looks like it's a combination of two codes, 10-4(Message received and understood) and 10-97(arrived at scene).  The rest can't be "3RP". I can't find any reference to it or a similar code in the list of police dispatch codes.

Yeah, on another thread about this I said similar. 10-4 and 10-97, for those explanations.

I mean, the cops are due to arrive rather than actually arrived yet, but it's good enough.

9 hours ago, Davidt said:

I always heard it as "copy on the road" then i dont the next 2 words sounds like "here beef" but clearly that cant be right and 2nd guy says 10 4s 97 for sure

Maybe they were being helpful to these little old ladies?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Randygbk said:

Maybe "Copy, en route"? That is pretty standard lingo on the radio.

10 - 13 refers tothe status of conditions a dispatcher may ask an officer for her 10-13 to determine if everything is okay or if she/he needs help. It can also refer to weather conditions or the status of a victim or suspect.

Other signal codes

13-(suspicious person)

4-(automobile crash)

0-(weapon or armed)

10-( stolen vehicle)

So therefore i believe the cops said 10 -13 copy...how convenient for the game...pretty genius guys

• Like 4

@Chunkyblaq, I'd like to take a moment to personally and publicly thank you, as a newbie, for following forum rules and using the search function to find an existing thread before posting a new topic, and to encourage you to make the circle complete by swinging over to the introduce yourself section to post the obligatory introduction.

• Like 1

On 7/14/2017 at 5:39 PM, Rexfellis said:

Maybe "Copy, en route"? That is pretty standard lingo on the radio.

See, I always thought they were saying, "Copy, I'm en route," myself. Yours and @Randygbk's responses have given that more validity. 

17 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

@Chunkyblaq, I'd like to take a moment to personally and publicly thank you, as a newbie, for following forum rules and using the search function to find an existing thread before posting a new topic, and to encourage you to make the circle complete by swinging over to the introduce yourself section to post the obligatory introduction.

I echo this statement. It's nice to see a newbie come in and immediately follow protocol. Kudos, sir. And as a side note, I will always chuckle whenever I speak your screen name aloud, @Chunkyblaq.  ^_^  What system do you play F13 on?