Smitty_Voorhees

When you call the cops, what does dispatch say?

I was able to slow the audio down to decipher each word that is said:

"Meet us outside the camp entrance, if you can't make it to the entrance...too fucking bad if you're brutally murdered tonight - we're the laziest cops in New Jersey"

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

Is it literally verbatim, "We're on our way." ? It sounds all mumbling to me, and I seriously can't make out a single, comprehensible word.

My above joke aside, I would like to know the answer to this. To my British ears it sounds like "Copy on the road therapy". -- "10'4's 97"

• Like 5

Just now, Splatterhouse said:

My above joke aside, I would like to know the answer to this. To my British ears it sounds like "Copy on the road therapy". -- "10'4's 97"

That's what I'm saying! I keep hearing, "Copy the aroma therapy."

Just now, Splatterhouse said:

Yeah honestly I have no fucking clue.

I'm guessing it is the Police Radio operator at dispatch saying Do you "copy on the road <insert code name for all units/officers in cars that area/or the name of the officer himself>" - and the numbers are the cop's badge number confirming he will respond to the 911 call?

10 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

I'm guessing it is the Police Radio operator at dispatch saying Do you "copy on the road <insert code name for all units/officers in cars that area/or the name of the officer himself>" - and the numbers are the cop's badge number confirming he will respond to the 911 call?

Maybe. I've listened to it over and over, and this is what I'm hearing:

"Copy on the road a therapy."

"Ten fours ninety seven."

1 hour ago, Priest said:

"Copy, on the road there Pete?" 

10-4, 97

Probably pretty close. Pretty sure the radio lingo is correct. 

I always thought it was just, "copy on the road."

"10-4, 97."

10-4 is universal radio code for "understood," and the 97 could mean anything, but it's probably a unit number. 

• Like 1

It sounds like "Unit 97" is responding to the call and he's saying, "copy on the road," meaning he's on his way to the camp and dispatch is responding to unit 97 saying, "10-4 97."

sounds like "copy on the road,13" (universal police code says 13 means [13 Weather and road advice] , "10-4 " (we all know that one). is 97, universal police code [97 Arrived at scene].    

so it sounds like he is saying to confirm hes on the road  or its condition, 10-4 is him confirming the orders dispatch gave him, and 97 means hes arriving on scene.  or 13 could be the other cops unit number.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ethan said:

sounds like "copy on the road,13" (universal police code says 13 means [13 Weather and road advice] , "10-4 " (we all know that one). is 97, universal police code [97 Arrived at scene].    

so it sounds like he is saying to confirm hes on the road  or its condition, 10-4 is him confirming the orders dispatch gave him, and 97 means hes arriving on scene.  or 13 could be the other cops unit number.

This sounds plausible too... DAMMIT.

13 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

@GunMedia_Ben @wes screw the reddit fiasco these are the real answers we need.

I guarantee you their mind set when doing this was, "Alright guys, we need a sound notification to let everyone know the cops were called, what do you guys recommend we do?"

"Got it.  Let's just say some random police radio jargon?  It doesn't even need to mean anything, just make sure you say a few numbers and make it sound like something a cop would say."

"That's brilliant."