Sign in to follow this  
havek

Make composure great again

Spamming e is basically completely pointless minigame on all counselors even those with 10/10 composure, which makes high composure characters less preferred overall. Here are some easy programming fixes to make composure grab escapes possible for high composure characters:

1. Each character's composure escape chance is their composure multiplied by itself, e.g.  Vanessa would be 3/10 * 3/10 = 9/100 escape chance. This would make it exponentially easier for high composure characters to escape like Jenny, which would be 10/10 * 10/10 =100/100 escape chance. But obviously this is too overpowered, so the next step is to balance as i explain below.

2. Getting damaged will reduce your escape composure by half rounding to the lowest whole number. If Jenny is damaged she now is 50/100 escape chance. Being injured will grant 0 composure escape chance for all characters. Healing yourself does not revert changes done by being damaged. A jenny who is hit with 2 throwing knifes now has a permanent maximum 25 percent escape chance (it can go even lower from more damage). Why permanent? because It would be too big of an indirect buff to health spray, which is already very useful for injuries.

3. Escaping a grab once will reduce your next escape chance by 50%. A damaged jenny who has escaped one grab now is at 25% escape chance. 

4. Being grabbed by a jason in rage will reduce your escape chance by 50% in the moment ( does not stack with multiple grabs). AJ mason being grabbed once by a non-rage jason and a second time by a rage jason will have a 49/2/2 escape chance which is 12/100 escape chance during that rage-grab and will be 6/100 if she manages to escape.

5. Escaping a grab with a pocket knife will still reduce your next escape chance by 50%.

Tell me if you have other ideas to make composure grab escapes great again, or if you have other ideas to make composure worth it. Thanks!

This is a similar but alternate post to my other post here but because everything is so interconnected in a game it was sort of two posts in one so I thought I'd make another one focusing on composure in grabs.

http://forum.f13game.com/index.php?/topic/8720-different-mini-game-for-grab/

Edited by havek

I like the idea of a different "break-free" minigame ONLY ON PC because of players using macro-strokes.

I too have been saying composure needs a purpose. I disagree with your idea that the health spray, which heals injuries, should not restore escape chance.

Anyhow, I think you are trying a bit too hard with the math here. The solution is more simple.

Jason has a grab that is practically indefeatable. Jason should have a grab that is defeatable. In order to do this, force a nerf a Jason where once he picks up a counselor and finishes his "pick-up" animation he can't do anything to that counselor until after 2 whole seconds, this way all counselors have a chance to button mash to break free. Thus, characters who have high composure are more likely to escape. If I am not mistaken, the higher the composure stat of the counselor, the more "break-free meter" said counselor fills per "button-mash." Also, I am pretty sure when a counselor is injured that that counselor actually fills less break-free meter per button mash. So, the game is already balanced, exept that Jason has access to "insta-kill" right now--some one told me that he doesn't anymore but I don't play on PC.

Also as a side note, since it will be easier for counselors to save their teammates from Jason's grab, the stun-protection time on Jason could probably be raised by half a second so that Jason doesn't get bullied (stunned over and over). Right now I think stun protection lasts about 5 whole seconds (on Xbox One).