Sign in to follow this  
Hauntedmike94

Grab breaking/unecessary ends to a game

What is the point of trying break out of jasons grab when you don't have a pocket knife? It never works. Also there needs to be a system in place so that if anyone who's the host, jason or Tommy jarvis leaves the game, a new player is chosen to be either the host, jason or Tommy jarvis!

• Like 2

With a high composure counselor it's worth trying. Or if it's a Jason with low grip strength. In one match I was Savini Jason and a few people escaped my grab without the pocket knife.

2 hours ago, Hauntedmike94 said:

What is the point of trying break out of jasons grab when you don't have a pocket knife? It never works. Also there needs to be a system in place so that if anyone who's the host, jason or Tommy jarvis leaves the game, a new player is chosen to be either the host, jason or Tommy jarvis!

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 1:51 PM, Hauntedmike94 said:

First off attempting to break out of jasons grab is a nessassary game mechanic. There have been plenty of times I managed to break out of jasons grab. So the game mechanic in in of itself is fine. However there does need to be an Improvement made to the Mechanic itself. The Problem being that Jason can instantly go into a kill shortly after a grab. In effect it means jasons grab is a tad to strong. The only way breaking free of jasons grab is possible is if the player playing Jason waits a length of time to allow the player to escape. Otherwise you need pocketknives ect. The other problem with his grab is it can ignore weapon swings. Effectively meaning if your swinging a weapon that's melee. Weather its a baseball bat or a Machete ect... you wont be able to hit Jason as his grabs simply cancel out the weapon swing. My suggestions for this are

1. Weaken Jasons grip allowing the player to escape ( unless the player is significantly Injured the player should be able to escape a tad bit easier)

2. Add a small delay to the kill animation so that the kill cant be performed 3 seconds after the grab.

3. When it comes to weapon swings if Jason is attempting a grab while the counseler is swinging the weapon. Jason should receive the hit (unless the player is again significantly injured or he simply dosent swing the weapon)

As for the hosts or players dropping and needing a new host Dedicated servers and dedicated matchmaking will fix that

In closing the problems listed above. Are key problems in eathier allowing a player not playing as Jason to escape or to fight back per the players choice. And the following suggestions are effective Suggestions at correcting those problems

18 hours ago, DarkJuggalo said:

First off attempting to break out of jasons grab is a nessassary game mechanic. There have been plenty of times I managed to break out of jasons grab. So the game mechanic in in of itself is fine.

Okay you say this...

However there does need to be an Improvement made to the Mechanic itself. The Problem being that Jason can instantly go into a kill shortly after a grab. In effect it means jasons grab is a tad to strong. The only way breaking free of jasons grab is possible is if the player playing Jason waits a length of time to allow the player to escape. Otherwise you need pocketknives ect.

Then you immediately contradict yourself?

Anyhow, I totally agree that grab needs a nerf.

2. Add a small delay to the kill animation so that the kill cant be performed 3 seconds after the grab.

I swear I've been saying this for like a week now. Someone told me that they had actually added it to the game (on PC). I think that person was incorrect. I would love to see a delay added to (after) grab.

Also, Gun already said that PS4 and Xbox One aren't getting dedicated servers. Only PC is getting them. So while I love that solution to solving the host problem, Gun just doesn't seem to care about console players.

1 minute ago, Pikalicious said:

Okay you say this...

Then you immediately contradict yourself?

Anyhow, I totally agree that grab needs a nerf.

I swear I've been saying this for like a week now. Someone told me that they had actually added it to the game (on PC). I think that person was incorrect. I would love to see a delay added to grab.

Also, Gun already said that PS4 and Xbox One aren't getting dedicated servers. Only PC is getting them. So while I love that solution to solving the host problem, Gun just doesn't seem to care about console players.

First off I did not contradict myself. Obviously you failed to read or misunderstood the post. The way the mechanic is is fine. The way it works is fine. Does it have a bit of flaws in its current state yes. So yes I suggested some improvements for them. As well as improvements for when a player chooses to fight Jason. Glad you agree with me on it. As for the Dedicated servers. The dev may have said xbox isn't getting them. However with the due complaints and player feedback. They should add them. You cant give one system Dedicated servers and then give all other systems peer to peer. That's bad not only bad business and market manipulation. If only one platform is to get dedicated servers then why isn't the game only on that platform. The game is in dire need of them. As Peer to peer connection has allowed the following.

1. Poor connectivity resulting in players being dropped from matches Randomely.

2. Its given host players the means to rage quit and end a match for all players. In turn it causes Infuration among the players who don't quit. As well as a loss of xp. In the end the players that do rage quit who are host get no penalty for such behavior.

3. Peer to peer connection being outdated as it is. The last time I remember it being the common form of participation in xbox live. Was back in 2005. That's 12 years ago.

Anyways they have my suggestions and honestly need to bring dedicated matchmaking and servers to the game.

Well to me it comes off as a contradiction. You say it's fine, yet then you mention a major issue with the mechanic that breaks it.

At least for me, the mechanic isn't fine the way it is. I firmly believe grab needs a serious fix.

17 hours ago, Pikalicious said:

As for this, the way I think about is that after the whole grab animation Jason can immediately execute if there is space available. I'd like to see the 3 seconds added to after the invulnerable grab animation, that way Jason just has to carry the counselor for a mandatory amount of time while that counselor has an opportunity to break free all the while. This would give significance to strength and composure.

It would be a little unfair on PC because players could just use macros to escape. Then Gun could put on a key stroke speed limit...but no one would like that. I think, and this solution may be a bit bizarre, is that to break free the whole concept should be replaced with a new minigame on PC, but on console it should still be left as a button mash. Of course, that's not likely to happen because it's just not efficient for such a small development team. Also, it would challenge their organization skills.