20 minutes ago, Dapper Dragon said:

Awful lot of concern about the opinion of internet strangers who may or may not be sharing the full story.  I'm sure all of us armchair arbiters of the internet have a full understanding of the actual situation and are in no way being led astray by a few players with sour grapes that want to get back at Gun and Illphonic....

I want one of these fucking armchairs. Everyone is always saying I have one or others do.

12 minutes ago, Nomadder said:

Flawed? Of course! :D

However, there are people that just keep trying to make mountains out of molehills surrounding this game and this team. It's sad.

Negative people are clamoring to jump on the next No Man's Sky or whatever sick fantasy they probably don't even realize they're trying to create (and hoping to be a part of).

Relax... things are pretty cool. ;) 

:lol:

12 minutes ago, malloymk said:

It's their company. If they want to play favorites so be it. Sure it's bad PR, but how many people are going to quit playing because of this?

I will continue enjoying this game. Should have been a double ban, but sorry if I don't feel bad for the "adult" calling 12 year olds faggots and whores.

I agree about the double ban but also question what a 12 year old is doing playing the game in the first place. The whole thing is a mess.

5 minutes ago, 2moar said:

no, it really can't, cause right now the game is losing a bunch of players, and word of mouth right now isn't helping, which is their only marketing. Even casual gamers usually do a quick google search or glance at reviews, and with all the shit going down, and silence from the devs, i wouldn't buy the game right now, and for as much time and fun i've had with the game, I can't and wouldn't recommend the game to anyone. The game is still broken, they added stuff to ban players, yet unlike any other game they didn't have you agree to a new TOS, which seems like it could end badly if someone to make an issue of it.

I agree. We've been told as much, that we're the marketing.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nomadder said:

This entire thread is about someone who has been banned claiming that the devs have showed some sort of favoritism by not banning others who were, supposedly, doing the same things. Please. Get a grip.

No proof needed. A bunch of people are running around, posting about this, as though it's "another" huge mistake by Gun Media.

:rolleyes:

Well, actually...Ben did say the guy was harassing a 12 y/o. It is in their TOS that no one under the age of 13 may use their services. The TOS was already broken when the game started and if their trusted colleagues are to be believed, the kid should have never been playing to begin with, according to Gun, and would require a ban. If we are sticking by their TOS, of course.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ban_All_Music said:

Well, actually...Ben did say the guy was harassing a 12 y/o. It is in their TOS that no one under the age of 13 may use their services. The TOS was already broken when the game started and if their trusted colleagues are to be believed, the kid should have never been playing to begin with, according to Gun, and would require a ban. If we are sticking by their TOS, of course.

You're absolutely correct.

From the TOS:

Restrictions

You may not use the Service unless you are at least thirteen (13) years old.

• Like 1

Well I know one thing. As much as I like the game... and all its glory and team killing... and glitches and... stuff.

This is the last game I buy from the devs. ?

Like I said when they decided the ban hammer would be the route they want to take with the game.

It sounds to me like they are going to take the typical route most more well known dev companies take.

Content Content Content...hoping it distracts the community from everything else.

The difference is instead of standing by patches. They are going the ban route to (seemingly) cut corners on patches. Its a very risky move on their part and given the PR. It doesn't look like it was the right move.

Their hope is this...

Oh look...Part 4 and Jason X teaser pics...etc etc stuff like that.

I don't want to be a total negative nancy, but there are concerns to be seen.

We do not run the sub Reddit page and are not able to lock or close threads. That being said, I am more than happy to address the issue here for you guys. 

We were sent a report prior to this incident from a person that knows someone at IllFonic. This person is an industry vet that has worked on multiple triple-A titles and review of the evidence made it clear that sexual harassment without provocation occurred that involved two perpetrators against three others (one of whom is a minor.). I do not personally know this person who made the report and their bearing as an industry fellow in no way impacted our decision. I had never spoken to them or frankly had known about them prior to the emailed that was forwarded to me with the complaint.

Arguing occurred between the two parties (the minor was unfortunately caught in the middle of the conflict) that quickly escalated on part of the griefers with sexual harassment that involved minors to a degree that is absolutely, terribly unacceptable. This kind of behavior was reviewed by our team and the call was made without hesitation to ban for such incredibly horrible behavior. 

That was apparently not the end of it as a review from one of those banned stated a conflicting report. The users that were banned posted negative reviews on our Steam Page that can be read here: http://steamcommunity.com/id/yourwaifuisshitdesu/recommended/438740/

Playing the game with no issues. Actually one of the people who liked it. Got into a game with some girls who were protecting jason cause they were his friend. They kept team killing people and being jerks. I called them out on it and they got mad that I was calling them out on their crappy behaviour. They threatened me by saying they knew the devs and would get me banned. I said fine I don't care stop being ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥s. The next morning I woke up to a big fat permanent game ban. Nice to see how the devs handle their games community.

Immediately, users within Steam and Reddit believed that our team had gone overboard. We have stated multiple times that we review each ban thoroughly and do not take action without 100% proof. To be frank, the several thousand emails we've received of reports have seldom ended in bans due to lack of evidence or what is clearly not bannable (team killing, name-calling, etc.) We are looking for behavior that is unacceptable, and these two users spent the better part of 8 minutes harassing without pause suggesting sexually harassing things that involved a minor. Regardless; the banned users in question have clearly not spoken the entire truth of their actions, nor have they posted counter argumentation or documented proof that countermands the things we have witnessed. I find it very unlikely that they would post their side of the story up via a video, as the things stated involve sexual activity with a minor to a very deliberate and lengthy degree. I digress, they are more than welcome to post the video themselves to prove their innocence. The banned users decided to post negative reviews and create statements, yet at no time did they provide the full story, or even begin to attempt to provide evidence despite the fact that our team only bans with evidence being presented. 

Our team does not air people's dirt publicly and we will not disclose our method on how we review each case; I am sure no one wants to be outed publicly for their actions that got them banned from a game, given a VAC ban and sent along their merry way. These users were given a ban and promptly forgotten about until these reviews were posted. It is unfortunate that people have decided to create a witch hunt in this manner, as I have read circulating rumors, demands for action on events that never occurred and so forth. 

The counter argumentation on breaking the rules from the affected users does not hold water as well; there was no deliberate team killing for the sake of harassment. The affected users did not ask Jason to spare them, and asked for Jason to play fairly. After continued harassment they decided to team kill the griefers and as soon as the situation was resolved went right back to normal gameplay. This is entirely acceptable as it was not premeditated behavior and team killing is an acceptable part of our game. The fact that a minor is playing our game has no bearing on anything. The ESRB/PEGI and other rating systems each have their own standards, but the ESRB is not a governmental mandate, nor does it legally bind anyone. It is a guideline that is used by game publishers and retailers. We do not accept the sale of this game to minors; it is a parent's job to educate themselves on the content of the game and decide for themselves if they wish for their child to play a game like Friday the 13th. We cannot say if this minor had parental consent or not, however it is not against the law for him to have played.

The fact of the matter is; we banned two users for breaking the rules and engaging in behavior that encouraged and prompted sexual acts with a minor. I won't go into the continued harassment that occurred outside our game, as it does not fall within our purview. We have proof on our end and have taken appropriate and discrete action as we would with anyone being banned with our game. It is unfortunate that these users decided to do what they did, however we hope that everyone understands that the burden falls on them if they are willing to reveal exactly what they said to deserve the ban. 

-Ben

• Like 12

1 hour ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Yeah i'm waiting for it. I'm honestly surprised at how little this game is covered on gaming sites. Devs banning people for in game exploits, being hypocrites, and playing favorites and granting "immunity" as long as you're buddy buddy.

That one is on us. I'm sure if we got on the same page and emailed Kotaku,this game and what goes on,would get coverage

Why didn't the minor get banned though? They should have been banned because 

1. They aren't old enough.

2. Its for their own protection.

25 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

That one is on us. I'm sure if we got on the same page and emailed Kotaku,this game and what goes on,would get coverage

Looks like it's begun:

http://heavy.com/games/2017/07/friday-the-13th-the-game-steam-review-permanent-ban-developers-response/

Edit:

@GunMedia_Ben In your post, you accuse people of sexual harassment. Have you contacted the proper authorities? Accusing someone of sexually inappropriate contact with a minor is a very serious charge and should always be taken seriously. If you're in possession of proof of what you believe to be sexual interference with a minor than you should be contacting the appropriate authorities.

If this does not constitute sexual harassment then I would stop using the term as accusing someone of sexual interference with a minor without proof could lead to a possible legal situation on your end.

• Like 3

really nothing new in ben's post from what he posted on reddit, it did come across as less hostile here.

Still think the game should boot up with the new TOS of bannable offenses, which really need to be cleared up, as its been posted team up with jason is ban worthy, but it has also been posted that if you team up with jason as a spur of the moment its ok. I think we need and deserve a clear answer, Either its ok to team up with jason or its not. None of this its ok when this happens, but not when this happens.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2moar said:

no, it really can't, cause right now the game is losing a bunch of players, and word of mouth right now isn't helping, which is their only marketing. Even casual gamers usually do a quick google search or glance at reviews, and with all the shit going down, and silence from the devs, i wouldn't buy the game right now, and for as much time and fun i've had with the game, I can't and wouldn't recommend the game to anyone. The game is still broken, they added stuff to ban players, yet unlike any other game they didn't have you agree to a new TOS, which seems like it could end badly if someone to wanted make an issue of it.

Considering their first month of sales,  (number 1 on Xbox and ps4) I don't think bad press is hurting them very. Even if people played the game and stopped,  gun media still made profit from the sales.  And your point about a google search,  they will look at reviews,  but probably won't even notice a Reddit "controversy"

1 minute ago, bewareofbears said:

@GunMedia_Ben Just thought I'd mention that it's your game's TOS that restricts the game from being played by anyone under 13. It's on your guys' site.

Also might want to find a way for players to accept the new TOS in game instead of posting it on social media. Can really save some headaches.

• Like 1

Just now, lHeartBreakerl said:

Also might want to find a way for players to accept the new TOS in game instead of posting it on social media. Can save some head aches later on.

Agreed. No one has technically agreed to it.

1 hour ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

We do not run the sub Reddit page and are not able to lock or close threads. That being said, I am more than happy to address the issue here for you guys. 

We were sent a report prior to this incident from a person that knows someone at IllFonic. This person is an industry vet that has worked on multiple triple-A titles and review of the evidence made it clear that sexual harassment without provocation occurred that involved two perpetrators against three others (one of whom is a minor.). I do not personally know this person who made the report and their bearing as an industry fellow in no way impacted our decision. I had never spoken to them or frankly had known about them prior to the emailed that was forwarded to me with the complaint.

Arguing occurred between the two parties (the minor was unfortunately caught in the middle of the conflict) that quickly escalated on part of the griefers with sexual harassment that involved minors to a degree that is absolutely, terribly unacceptable. This kind of behavior was reviewed by our team and the call was made without hesitation to ban for such incredibly horrible behavior. 

That was apparently not the end of it as a review from one of those banned stated a conflicting report. The users that were banned posted negative reviews on our Steam Page that can be read here: http://steamcommunity.com/id/yourwaifuisshitdesu/recommended/438740/

Immediately, users within Steam and Reddit believed that our team had gone overboard. We have stated multiple times that we review each ban thoroughly and do not take action without 100% proof. To be frank, the several thousand emails we've received of reports have seldom ended in bans due to lack of evidence or what is clearly not bannable (team killing, name-calling, etc.) We are looking for behavior that is unacceptable, and these two users spent the better part of 8 minutes harassing without pause suggesting sexually harassing things that involved a minor. Regardless; the banned users in question have clearly not spoken the entire truth of their actions, nor have they posted counter argumentation or documented proof that countermands the things we have witnessed. I find it very unlikely that they would post their side of the story up via a video, as the things stated involve sexual activity with a minor to a very deliberate and lengthy degree. I digress, they are more than welcome to post the video themselves to prove their innocence. The banned users decided to post negative reviews and create statements, yet at no time did they provide the full story, or even begin to attempt to provide evidence despite the fact that our team only bans with evidence being presented. 

Our team does not air people's dirt publicly and we will not disclose our method on how we review each case; I am sure no one wants to be outed publicly for their actions that got them banned from a game, given a VAC ban and sent along their merry way. These users were given a ban and promptly forgotten about until these reviews were posted. It is unfortunate that people have decided to create a witch hunt in this manner, as I have read circulating rumors, demands for action on events that never occurred and so forth. 

The counter argumentation on breaking the rules from the affected users does not hold water as well; there was no deliberate team killing for the sake of harassment. The affected users did not ask Jason to spare them, and asked for Jason to play fairly. After continued harassment they decided to team kill the griefers and as soon as the situation was resolved went right back to normal gameplay. This is entirely acceptable as it was not premeditated behavior and team killing is an acceptable part of our game. The fact that a minor is playing our game has no bearing on anything. The ESRB/PEGI and other rating systems each have their own standards, but the ESRB is not a governmental mandate, nor does it legally bind anyone. It is a guideline that is used by game publishers and retailers. We do not accept the sale of this game to minors; it is a parent's job to educate themselves on the content of the game and decide for themselves if they wish for their child to play a game like Friday the 13th. We cannot say if this minor had parental consent or not, however it is not against the law for him to have played.

The fact of the matter is; we banned two users for breaking the rules and engaging in behavior that encouraged and prompted sexual acts with a minor. I won't go into the continued harassment that occurred outside our game, as it does not fall within our purview. We have proof on our end and have taken appropriate and discrete action as we would with anyone being banned with our game. It is unfortunate that these users decided to do what they did, however we hope that everyone understands that the burden falls on them if they are willing to reveal exactly what they said to deserve the ban. 

-Ben

Thanks Ben. No surprise, but sorry that you have to even waste time on this. People are insane. It's disgusting how the reddit rating system is downvoting all of the reasonable defenses, and upvoting the support for this banned user, and all the attacks against Gun Media's handling of this.

Nothing that you say, apparently, is ever going to be enough for the haters (surprise, surprise).

Keep on keeping on Ben!

• Like 4

Really unhappy with how Reddits taking this right now, and frankly the subreddit (which I visit often) is fucked right now. Thanks for clarifying anyhow Ben, makes sense to me.

• Like 2

2sQuz6q.png

@GunMedia_Ben I can at least say that no one here is upset that they were banned. They deserve it and honestly I wish you could've hit them harder with the hammer.

The problem is double standards. Just putting that out there. 

Shout out to @Redcat345 fancy seeing you there.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Nomadder said:

Thanks Ben. No surprise, but sorry that you have to even waste time on this. People are insane. It's disgusting how the reddit rating system is downvoting all of the reasonable defenses, and upvoting the support for this banned user, and all the attacks against Gun Media's handling of this.

Nothing that you say, apparently, is ever going to be enough for the haters (surprise, surprise).

Keep on keeping on Ben!

You're forgetting that the Jason helper didn't get banned. Which is still favouritism. 

Just now, lHeartBreakerl said:

2sQuz6q.png

@GunMedia_Ben I can at least say that no one here is upset that they were banned. They deserve it and honestly I wish you could've hit them harder with the hammer.

The problem is double standards. Just putting that out there. 

Shout out to @Redcat345 fancy seeing you there.

@Redcat345 is 100% correct. @GunMedia_Ben is alledging a crime was committed and should get the proper authorities involved.

1 hour ago, bewareofbears said:

You're absolutely correct.

From the TOS:

Restrictions

You may not use the Service unless you are at least thirteen (13) years old.

i hate to say it but there is no realistic way to enforce said rule, ever try to tell a parent not to buy their undertage kid an m rated game ? i have... cost me my job at the time. you know how many kids play and own m rated games and annoy people on every platform there is ? there is no age verify system in place and micro soft and sony give no fucks as long as they get paid. 

6 minutes ago, Seeker said:

You're forgetting that the team killer didn't get banned. Which is still favouritism. 

I'm not forgetting anything. It's not favoritism. It's not against the rules. The list of offenses clearly state that the 'Helping Jason' thing is tricky.

It is you who is apparently forgetting that they've explained this.

Teaming up with Jason to take out other players that are harassing people is not a bannable offense.

With it being ok to help Jason in spurs of the moment then I'm guessing it's ok for glitchers to glitch in the spur of the moment? ? this is all dumb.